[FM11] dafuge on tour

dafuge

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great career you've got going there dafuge! unlucky losing Anikin but those new players look like good prospects that can slot in and still improve.

just a quick question, i've noticed that Spain only has 3 Champions League spots, im guessing their cooefficent or league reputation has gone down or something but im not sure how their results have been in your game.

keep it up, good luck with your first season in the champions league!

Well done daf and good to see Sabadell improving too.

The minimum release clauses are a pain in the arse, but they can sometimes work in your favour too...

Indeed, it was a clause that helped me get him in the first place :D

Interestingly, he has the same clause now at Madrid. I'd consider trying to get him back if they weren't paying him £215k p/w

Great career you've got going there dafuge! unlucky losing Anikin but those new players look like good prospects that can slot in and still improve.

just a quick question, i've noticed that Spain only has 3 Champions League spots, im guessing their cooefficent or league reputation has gone down or something but im not sure how their results have been in your game.

keep it up, good luck with your first season in the champions league!

It looks like it was caused by an awful year in 2018/19. Espanyol and Getafe faled to get out of their groups then Barcelona and Real Madrid went out in the first knockout round.

It is back up to four now, which could be handy timing for us.

I love the new dynamic reputation, definently makes the game world feel more real.

Tougher competition in europe it seems, its always been hard but seems most of the big teams are starting to slip up, making for a much more interesting competion, ill be waiting for the season update to see how you go with it!

Good Luck!

24.png

I wasn't really planning on this, but when I got an unexpected job offer from Cote D'Ivoire I saw a nice little opportunity. Not only will I be able to brush up on my French (which may come in useful later on) but I've got a great opportunity of qualifying for the World Cup next year. I'm not planning on making a habit of taking on loads of international jobs, but this one looks like it has the opportunity to add quite a bit to my CV in what will probably be just an 18 month stint.

Awesome career so far Dafuge. I bet you are sort of missing the Havant & Waterlooville days though? :p

Not really. I found the lower leagues a bit easier and it was frustrating to be doing well but no other clubs even looking at me. At the moment I've got a decent challenge and plenty of other clubs taking an interest in me, that feels a lot more exciting for this kind of game.

No doubt that after a while managing at the top I've really miss it and move back down again though :D

Valencia CF - Liga BBVA - 2024/25

We had a great year in the league last season managing to take second spot, qualifying for the Champions League for the first time in four years. This season we just wanted to repeat that qualification and do as well as possible in Europe.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We did well but we just couldn't keep up with the big two.

Copa del Rey - we got a bit further than we really wanted to, so it was a shame to lose at that stage.

UEFA Champions League - we went into the group stage as third seeds and just managed to top it, we then blew it in the home leg of the first round. It was hugely disappointing as we badly needed a good display in Europe.

Squad - we had a few injuries so we needed to make the most of the squad. With a few key signings I think we could challenge the big guns, we just need the money.

Transfers - the transfer of Anikin threw our plans for the season so I looked to strengthen the squad instead of finding a direct replacement.

Finances - the finances are pretty much sorted now, so I should expect to see the transfer budgets going up over the next two years.

Key Player Profiles

Ribamar - a four week injury killed his season as he never really hit the form he had before.

Henrique - a great return from the second striker.

Ignacio Ramos - he was signed to strengthen our defence, instead he made an impact on the scoring charts.

Marcos Antonio - a great all round performance from the midfielder.

Antonio - he was signed as backup but the 16 year old claimed a place in the first team, truly one for the future.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    8th              Took over in October
2011/12    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    3rd              Lost in playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2012/13    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    1st              Promoted as champions
2013/14    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet Premier  1st              Promoted as champions, FA Trophy winners
2014/15    Havant & W           England    npower League 2          4th              Lost in playoff final
2015/16    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          8th              Took over in December
2016/17    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          11th              
2017/18    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          2nd              Promoted
2018/19    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 1          7th
2019/20    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            17th             
2020/21    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            11th  
2021/22    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            3rd              Promoted via playoffs
2022/23    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga BBVA                n/a              Left the club in March
2022/23    Valencia CF          Spain      Liga BBVA                9th              Joined the club in March
2023/24    Valencia CF          Spain      Liga BBVA                2nd              
2024/25    Valencia CF          Spain      Liga BBVA                3rd

Next Season

I've got two more years left on this contract, in that time I think all I can really do is to continue to push the big guns and look to progress in Europe. I'm hoping that I might get a bit more of a transfer budget next year, if I don't then I'm going to cash in on my star centre back who's contract is expiring in 2026.

Decent finish that Dafuge and that 17 year old left winger lookslike he has a very bright future. How did you hold up when playing Barca and Real Madrid?

Barcelona we lost 3-1 away and drew 2-2 at home, Real Madrid we drew 1-1 away and lost 4-3 at home. We played pretty well though, certainly better than the two points suggests.

My CL TV money has just rolled in - £21.7m :cool:

Barcelona we lost 3-1 away and drew 2-2 at home, Real Madrid we drew 1-1 away and lost 4-3 at home. We played pretty well though, certainly better than the two points suggests.

My CL TV money has just rolled in - £21.7m :cool:

:thup: Top dollar

I guess you will only be able to compete at the top by beating the best teams. Are they a lot better than you as it stands?

:thup: Top dollar

I guess you will only be able to compete at the top by beating the best teams. Are they a lot better than you as it stands?

Finances are the main difference, my top earner earns as much as the backup players at Madrid. The top players there are earning around four times as much as mine.

The CL money might start to change that but I think it is going to take a few years.

Are you willing to wait around and make that happen or are you thinking of jumping ship before?

I'm not really sure. I've got two years left on my contract, if I win the league or the CL in that time then I'll definitely move on but if I don't then I'll have a difficult choice to make.

Good to see the AI doesn't spoil things for your old clubs like they used to.

It's quite impressive really, they have managed to rebuild the squad and take the club forward after I left. It looks like they have a lot more sense in the transfer market than they used to.

Good to see the AI doesn't spoil things for your old clubs like they used to.

Yeah it's good to see, I remember that always seemed to happen on previous versions. Hopefully it's not just a one off.

It seems not, I first noticed it on FM2010 where my Assistant Manager was promoted to Manager after I left Northampton Town and he kept them in the Championship for a good few seasons and then brought them back up after they were finally relegated. Then following that, my successor at Lincoln City not only maintained the good progress I made in the Championship but a few seasons later won promotion to the Premier League where sadly they came straight back down.

It's nice though. In versions before, leaving a club always meant they would sink back down the leagues.

Archived