[FM11] dafuge on tour

dafuge

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That second goal v. Barça was nice; he manages to avoid an actual challenge, rather than just being off to the races. :)

But all three of his goals were "garbage time" goals; Henrique had already put the game safely in your hands. :D

He's definitely the sort of player who revels when the team is playing well. Here's his profile, he's having a great season.

While I'm here, I may as well show you the third part of my front line, new signing Evgeny Anikin. I'm trying to get him playing an AMC or supporting striker role but he could probably take the lead striker role just as well as the others.

Just need some defenders now!

Dafuge, would you say the game gets less enjoyable, when all the real players, like Messi and Ronaldo retire, and evrey player is a regen?

For some people it might be, but I much prefer it. I like the fact that every player is completely unique and is a complete unknown.

You say Anikin is the supporting cast?? OMG, he's the whole damn show if you ask me!!! <lol>

He's actually performing well in AMC at the moment, which is an important position for my tactic. I think if I had better creative players then Anikin could quite easily lead our attack, but Ribamar is doing well at the moment.

38 Caps/31 Goals at 22 years old, Yer its for Ukraine but bloody hell, thats brilliant! Are Ukraine performing well, or are his goals against Lower Teams?

His goals have mostly come in friendlies and qualifiers. Ukraine are doing alright in the major tournaments, but not reaching the latter stages.

Thats why I like lower league teams. By the time you are higher up, all the current players are usually managing ;)
Same here - I like starting in obscure leagues and coming to big ones once the regens have arrived. There's usually a 'big club' that needs restoring to glory by then as well ;)

Valencia CF - Liga BBVA - 2023/24

With a top half finish last season I was determined to take this club forward and back into Europe.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We were superb, but there was only one team winning the league this year.

Copa del Rey - we didn't take this one too seriously.

Squad - there's a group of superb players here but we are at least five players short of a team that could challenge for the title.

Transfers - with the club in big debt, profit was the only aim. I brought in a couple of important attackers but that was all I could afford.

Finances - it was a pretty big cut back on last season, if I can get some money back into this club quickly enough then I think I could challenge for major honours.

Key Player Profiles

Ribamar - my favourite striker was a star in his debut season for the club.

Henrique - the former B team player had a starring role.

Evgeny Anikin - the star signing, who really ran the show.

Stefan Sauer - he's always unhappy, but he's a great defender.

Dirk Glass - a great season again from the winger.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    8th              Took over in October
2011/12    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    3rd              Lost in playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2012/13    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    1st              Promoted as champions
2013/14    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet Premier  1st              Promoted as champions, FA Trophy winners
2014/15    Havant & W           England    npower League 2          4th              Lost in playoff final
2015/16    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          8th              Took over in December
2016/17    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          11th              
2017/18    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          2nd              Promoted
2018/19    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 1          7th
2019/20    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            17th             
2020/21    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            11th  
2021/22    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga Adelante            3rd              Promoted via playoffs
2022/23    SE Sabadell          Spain      Liga BBVA                n/a              Left the club in March
2022/23    Valencia CF          Spain      Liga BBVA                9th              Joined the club in March
2023/24    Valencia CF          Spain      Liga BBVA                2nd              

Next Season

The finances are the key to this club, they are truly a sleeping giant and with a little bit of investment I think we are in a great position to take this club to the very top. I think I could win the title with a £30m budget, the problem is that won't happen. My aim is to repeat this season but with a good European run, to make a title challenge the following season.

Good start to your time at Valencia! :thup: Are you thinking that you might be back in the black in two seasons, or just that the finances will be under control enough that there will be sufficient money available for the investment you need to challenge?

My two highest earners have both left the club (Mata retired, Bender released) and I'll be in the Champions League, so there is a chance to make a decent amount of money this season. It might mean I can only afford one signing this year but I should be in a much better position next year, especially with the loan payments ending.

It's not been a very good time for spanish football I see. Only 3 CL places and 2 EL. Hope you can get them up again.

anyway, great start at Valencia. I hope you can get them back to their glory days.

Things are indeed pretty bad for the Spanish league, they are currently ranked the 4th best league in the world. Looks like there might be a bit of pressure on us to do well in Europe to gain that 4th CL spot back again.

Bad news :(

He would only sign a contract with a release clause of £11.75m (which is what I paid for him) and now our biggest rivals have snapped him up. With the financial situation at the club it now gives me a transfer budget of £10m at a push to try and replace him and get the defender we badly need. Things do not look good :(

That seems to happen quite abit with me with star players at 'non-top' teams in a league and players not signing a contract without a small release clause in - I've lost more than one of my star players in this way :(

At least Sabadell have you to thank as you put all the groundwork in daf ;) First time I've read this since before xmas so great to see how far you have progressed.

Oh no! He's gone to the dark side.

He will be tough to replace, but I am sure it can be done!

He was impossible to replace, we just didn't have the finances to get in anyone even as half as good as he was.

Here's who I've bought:

Ignacio Ramos - this was the sort of signing I was going to try and make anyway, but the Anikin money gave me a chance to get a decent looking player.

Antonio - with Mata retiring we needed backup for the left wing, this kid looks great.

Aliou Eliassou - bought for just £1m to make up the numbers, he gives us something different in attack.

Marcos Antonio - hugely versatile and looks like he will fit in well in my team.

Matias Ballester - I'd arranged this deal ages ago and forgotten about it. Technically brilliant, Argentinian, attacking midfielder. That's right, he's dubbed the next ... Antonio Rattin :D

There's no doubt that we've actually taken a step backwards in this transfer window, but the debt is slowly disappearing. Unfortunately with Anikin now at Madrid I can't see how we can possibly challenge for the title, so this year is going be all about doing well in Europe and qualifying again for next season. Perhaps once the debt is clear this club will start to be able to compete with the big boys but I think that is at least 2-3 years away.

Great season Dafuge! Shame about Anikin and as you say looks like a season of transition perhaps where you can clear the debt with the Champions Lge money. Some good signings there though. Ignacio Ramos looks like he could become a rock for you. How close is he to his potential?

Great season Dafuge! Shame about Anikin and as you say looks like a season of transition perhaps where you can clear the debt with the Champions Lge money. Some good signings there though. Ignacio Ramos looks like he could become a rock for you. How close is he to his potential?

My coaches think he is CA 3.5 and PA 4.5, so there is still more to come from him. He looks the perfect partner for Sauer, as long as I can keep hold of him.

I hate the minimum release clause. Its bloody unrealistic that everyone want one :(

I find that inserting a minimum fee release clause often means you can reduce a players wages substantially...which is good if you are on a tight budget like I often am and trying to lure better players to your club

I find that inserting a minimum fee release clause often means you can reduce a players wages substantially...which is good if you are on a tight budget like I often am and trying to lure better players to your club

Unfortunately Anikin's was a silly one, he insisted on having one that was equal to his value, which was non-negotiable. I don't mind losing a great player like that to a bigger club but making no profit at all was a kick in the teeth.

Very nice season dafuge, shame about Anikin. Seems quite a few players are insistent on low release fees on FM11, I've had that with several players. Luckily haven't lost any of them yet though.

What you have to remember is alot of young players that could be superstars will be hoping that a big club comes in for them at some point , so having a small min release clause enables them to move more easily and cheaply.

What you have to remember is alot of young players that could be superstars will be hoping that a big club comes in for them at some point , so having a small min release clause enables them to move more easily and cheaply.

But having a non negotiable release fee that is equal to the fee I paid is pushing it a bit. I'm happy to sign ambitious stars then move them on but the very least I would expect is a profit.

Archived