[FM11] dafuge on tour

dafuge

I've been applying for jobs (which did upset them, but an apology sorted it out) but still I couldn't get an offer. I would have expected clubs to be fighting over me but it has been quite the opposite.

I tried this but when you offer an apology its like saying you want to stay there and not want the other job. I declared an interest in the very insecure jobs that interested me and managed to get 1 of those as the manager there lost his next game and they sacked him and hired me, i was in charge of Gainsborough at the time and took a job in Northern Ireland. Hope this helps daf

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried this but when you offer an apology its like saying you want to stay there and not want the other job. I declared an interest in the very insecure jobs that interested me and managed to get 1 of those as the manager there lost his next game and they sacked him and hired me, i was in charge of Gainsborough at the time and took a job in Northern Ireland. Hope this helps daf

That's what i was thinking. I guess I've just got to take more risks when looking for a new job :(

I hope you can find something good Dafuge. I am impressed with your'e progress with H&W. If you do have to stay there and get them into League 2 right away and aren't offered any jobs do you think you might stay it out until you get them to the prem if you continue to get automatic promotions?

No, I think I'll quit before that could happen. With the knowledge of my previous games I know I could take them to the top but I don't want to do that, I want to work my way through a number of clubs to get to the top.

I think this could be my last season with H&W, I'm starting to consider quitting at the end of the season just to get a new club.

Any idea on where you want to go next? a different country or stay in England?

I'm really not sure, I think I'll have to wait and see what happens at the end of the season. Ideally I think I'd like a League 1 or League 2 club but I'd take a move abroad if the opportunity arose.

Havant & Waterlooville - npower League 2 - 2014/15

After two consecutive league wins we were full of confidence going into the Football League.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We looked great in the league and with around eight games left we looked like we could win it, although the pressure got to us and we lost our form. We needed a draw in the final match to secure promotion, which we thought we had clinched in the 91st minute only for this to happen.

Playoff semi final leg 1 - this as a great result that looked good enough to see us through to the final.

Playoff semi final leg 2 - we let it slip a bit, but held on.

Playoff final - the stats are a bit misleading as we were never really in the game. Horrible to lose like this knowing we were just two minutes away from promotion.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - we managed to sneak through a couple of rounds on penalties but got stuffed by Bristol Rovers.

Carling Cup - we fell at the first hurdle as we got outclassed by Swansea.

FA Cup - we made the third round yet again and finally got the big pay day which came at Newcastle.

Squad - this is still a good young, squad who stand a decent chance of winning promotion next season.

Transfers - I couldn't really strengthen the squad too much, the Danish defender was the only really key signing.

Key Player Profiles

Alieu Darbo - it wasn't a great season for the strikers, he was the pick of the bunch.

John Hansen - another great season from the winger.

Lauri Dalla Valle - he really struggled for goals but managed to get a decent number of assists.

Andreas Frandsen - the new signing had a solid first season.

Ibrahim Haruna - there wasn't much to choose between the two left wingers.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    8th              Took over in October
2011/12    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    3rd              Lost in playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2012/13    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    1st              Promoted as champions
2013/14    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet Premier  1st              Promoted as champions, FA Trophy winners
2014/15    Havant & W           England    npower League 2          4th              Lost in playoff final

Next Season

I had already decided that I would leave after this season, whatever the outcome. I've taken this club a long way now and it is time for me to move on and seek a new challenge elsewhere. I've got about a month left on my contract so I'll probably see that out before leaving the club, although should an opportunity arise I may decide to quit early.

I think you'll get a bite or ten eventually. Anyone who can take a team up the ladder that fast is clearly someone worth taking a chance on.

If you were to include all your reserves and youth, along with the first team, how many players are H&W in possession of? I notice that every one of your first team are rated "above average" by stars...

I think you'll get a bite or ten eventually. Anyone who can take a team up the ladder that fast is clearly someone worth taking a chance on.

If you were to include all your reserves and youth, along with the first team, how many players are H&W in possession of? I notice that every one of your first team are rated "above average" by stars...

I'm starting to get quite a few job offers now, although they are all a step backwards from H&W :(

Those squad lists are all of the players I had, I didn't use a reserve or youth team. I think those stars are judged against the standard of the league as well as the other players in the squad, which explains why we were able to do so well.

oufc%20badge%202006.gif

It is Christmas eve and I've finally found a job I like the look of, with Oxford United.

Squad - there's a few decent players here but I'll be looking to re-shape this squad this year.

League Table - this season looks simple, avoid relegation. Interesting to see H&W struggling a bit this year.

Finances - this is a bit of a worry, especially since we are already out of all three cups.

Would you have stayed at H & W if you won promotion?

Good luck at Oxford United. :thup:

No, I'd have still left at the end of the season. All I wanted from my first job was to raise my reputation and get noticed by bigger clubs, I wasn't really planning on taking H&W up through the leagues.

Oxford wasn't a massive move, but they are definitely a bigger club than H&W. I plan on playing this save game for a long time so I've got plenty of time to work my way up, in fact I'd quite like to spend a bit more time in the lower leagues.

I think the reputation I started the game with is meaning I am really going to have to work my way up very slowly. I turned down a host of other offers and Oxford was probably the biggest job I was offered.

Hows the scouting situation at Oxford? Taken a few shortlists with you from H&W? ;)

Pretty good actually, since they are also allowed to scout the entire world. I didn't save any shortlists, so I'm working from a clean slate. I've brought in a new team of scouts and I'm getting them busy so I've hopefully got a few targets for next season.

Oxford United - npower League 2 - 2015/16

After leaving H&W at the end of my contract, Oxford Utd game me the chance to return to League 2. This was the state of the league when I took over, so it looked like a relegation battle was on the cards.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Things instantly picked up when I took over and we made a late charge for the playoffs, but came up just short. We were already out of all three cups when I took over, which was a shame.

Squad - the squad I inherited was pretty decent, but the wages were completely out of control. Thankfully nearly all the contracts expire this year so there will be a major clearout in the summer.

Transfers - I released a lot of players and made a small number of signings to bulk up the squad. I also brought in a few loanees later on to cover injuries as I simply couldn't afford any other new players.

Finances - they were bad when I joined, they are a lot worse now. I spent a fair bit on new backroom staff, I'm going to have to rebuild the squad now to keep the wages down.

Key Player Profiles

Tom Craddock - a bit of a club legend and my top scorer.

Kevan Hurst - another club favourite.

Keith Davis - on loan from Liverpool, did a great job in a short space of time.

Simon Heslop - did well on the wing.

Richard Smallwood - a decent midfield display.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    8th              Took over in October
2011/12    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    3rd              Lost in playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2012/13    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    1st              Promoted as champions
2013/14    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet Premier  1st              Promoted as champions, FA Trophy winners
2014/15    Havant & W           England    npower League 2          4th              Lost in playoff final
2015/16    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          8th              Took over in December 

Next Season

With the financial state and the wages of the current squad, we really need to go through major changes to keep the club in business. Most of the squad is about to be released and replaced with free transfers, so next season is a bit of an unknown. Ideally I'd like to win promotion with Oxford before considering a move, but it may take a while.

Best of luck with Oxford Daf. Are you confident of a promotionpush this sesason?

It has been an eventful pre season to say the least :D

I released nearly my entire squad.

Signed a load of new players.

Found ourselves £800k in debt.

Signed a few more players.

Board inject £100k

Board cut our wage budget considerably, but expect promotion as a minimum.

Sold a player.

Signed another player.

Found ourselves around £150k in the black.

Now I'm just about to start the season :cool:

It has been an eventful pre season to say the least :D

I released nearly my entire squad.

Signed a load of new players.

Found ourselves £800k in debt.

Board inject £100k

Board cut our wage budget considerably, but expect promotion as a minimum.

Sold a player.

Signed another player.

Found ourselves around £150k in the black.

Now I'm just about to start the season :cool:

Sounds like fun! Good luck this season. :D

Oh, and just a question, did you ever ask the board to expand your scouting network or did you already get the luxury to scout the whole world?

Sounds like fun! Good luck this season. :D

Oh, and just a question, did you ever ask the board to expand your scouting network or did you already get the luxury to scout the whole world?

Strangely it was already there, although they were in League 1 a while ago so maybe it was changed then.

I'm going to need all the luck I can get, this season is not going well. Calling for my head already :(

I have taken a leaf out of your book mate, doing the same save as you with a about 3 or 4 more leagues only top tier tho. Unemployed at the moment hopefully will get a job offer.

Following this career close. Your my inspiration.

Edit: sorry for the double post!

Archived