Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Attributes - Instead of numeric values (1-20) more descriptive ones like i.e. if a hidden value is between 18-20 user would see World Class, 15-17 Very Good as so on. In real life you can tell that a player is a world class dribbler but can you really tell if he is 18 or 19?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adjustable height of Match day info modules on TV view. Two lines for Goal updates is not enough.

Stars rating also for players in national team.

Can the 3d match be sorted out. I'm in my 3rd year and when you watch every match it gets repetitive as you can predict exactly what the players are going to do. On my long range free kicks one player stands over it and just backheals it to the player behind every time. It would be better if i could train them to do this. Also i've seen the same wonder goal about 5 times, where a player runs down the sideline, turns in the corner, runs down the by line to the goal, beating 3 players on his way and either scores or hits the side netting. Its far too obvious its programed like that.

Also why do players who are good at tackling just seem to jocky a player for ages and not tackle him?

Does the motivation actually work or is it just cosemtic?

Every match there should be some things that you won't have seen before and some which you have. At the moment i've seen all the moves before.

Also the graphics need improving a lot.

Maybe a managerial previous meetings thing? We can already see how Barcelona vs. Real Madrid has played out over the years, for example, but how about seeing your personal records against a team, in case you're playing a journeyman game?

I’d like a system where I can explain to players why they’re not getting regular football and perhaps put pressure on them when they get their chance.

In my current Newcastle game, I’ve strengthened the squad and the likes of S Taylor, Bassong and Beye are all back-up players, which has lead to them starting to get concerned about their lack of first team football.

I then played a league cup game and since it wasn’t my priority, I decided to give them a run out, they all played badly and we lost the game. I also played a UEFA cup game and since I had topped my group and the game was meaningless, gave them another run out and we were 5-0 down at half time and although we managed to pull it back to 5-2 in the second half, they all played poorly.

Unfortunately the only mechanisms I currently have at my disposal is to warn them for a poor performance, but nothing to explain to them that if they play badly they can’t really complain that they don’t play more often.

My regular right back received a three-match ban for violent conduct and added to the uefa game, this gave Beye a run of 4 matches to stake his claim for the right back spot. However, his performances ranged from poor to average, so he gave me no reason to stick with him when my right back became available again, but he still got unhappy afterwards from his lack of football, even though he’s not doing anything to warrant a place in the starting XI.

I’d really liked he option to be able to tell players that ‘this is your chance, don’t mess it up’ which will obviously tie into their attributes. A strong, determined player who copes well under pressure might grab it with both hands and make sure he stakes his claim, whereas a nervous, weak player might crumble under the pressure and have a stinker, or an overly aggressive player might try too hard and get sent off.

I’d also like the option to talk to players when they complain and tell them that they’re not getting picked because they simply haven’t been good enough when they have been given their chance. I know I can currently tell them if they work hard in training they’ll get a run, but that’s not quite the same.

I'll give a brief list of what I'd like to see in future versions of FM:

1. Being able to add more information to your manager profile to make the game more realistic. The things I think that should definately be added is that you can choose a choice of languages, add more favourite teams and personal and add where you were born and disliked personal.

2. I think being able to start off as a reserve/U18 manager would be good as it would add an extra dimension to a "journeyman" game and also would make the game a tad more realistic.

3. I think press conferences need to be changed. I would be better if a wide vary of questions could be asked so you don't just have to face the same old start of the season questions again and again. I also think that there could be some more answers added to questions and there should be a logical way to answer questions. At the moment press conference affects on players aren't understandable and you can't apply logic to your answers to please the players.

4. And lastly, the dreaded team talks. Like press conferences we need to be able to apply logic to them as at the moment team talks seem to have a random effect. Also I think more individual team talks can be added so you can tell a player to try/not try and do something in the second half. For example you could tell Drogba at half-time to make runs down the left flanks.

Please can we have the option to turn off 3D and select a very basic (FM08 style) 2D classic mode for those of us who don't like 3D and want a smooth and reliable match experience?

C.

I am a bit confused, as there is already this option in Preferences/Display and Sound/3d Display settings.

I don't know if this has been covered because I didn't want to read 43 pages of suggestions and comments, but I'd like to see you be able to give a "talk" to a sub midmatch. For example, if you bring a sub on at half time, you can talk to him like you talk to the rest of the team. But if you bring him on at any other point, you can't. Why not? - Managers give instructions to their subs to impact the game IRL. Something along the lines of "Go grab us a goal"...really gee the player up. No idea how this would work on course with the games match engine etc, but I think it'd be useful. Also, more expansive comments would be nice to influence the players.

For me it would be improved press conferences and improved Chairman to player relations ie more feedback and news on reactions between manager-chairman-players-fans.

Also i feel that regens and other young player should have more publicity. I think if Man Utd have an amazing 19 year old player the first you hear of them shouldnt be when he scores a hattrick against you. I think there should be 'rising star' articles and the like.

I am a bit confused, as there is already this option in Preferences/Display and Sound/3d Display settings.

Yes, unfortunately it is not as fluid and reliable as the old 2D classic and a lot of people, like myself, have had problems with stuttering and jerky highlights. Hence, I would like a very basic version like FM08.

SI really need to give some more control over club facilities to the player. In FM 09 you get situations where people bring up clubs through the leagues, and get stuck with an old 12k stadium in the Premiership which they don't even own. Or youth facilities that never get upgraded. And never having any corporate facilities.

Give me a facilities list section, and a listing of what it would cost to do each specific upgrade, and then allow me to move funds from transfers into the facilities budget, and not just for 1 year, keep anything in there untouchable by the board and never removed unless I do so, so I can save up over seasons to get the needed stadium expansions or even a new one.

The current Chairman and Board AI is simply not good enough at recognising what my club needs.

Manual Rolling Save Mode

I would like a rolling save mode that kicks in every time I hit 'ctrl-s' or go to 'save'.

I know the automatic one does the business now but I have a nervous habit of hitting ctrl-s after every match anyway so that I don't lose my result, which means that the automatic rolling save doesn't kick in and I just end up overwriting the main file.

So I think a constant rolling save mode that works every time I manually save would be fantastic. :thup:

C.

- I would like to see Ass Man giving more accurate inputs, specially Team talks feedbacks. As it is now , he is mostly blind and deaf when it comes to that.

- Some feedback from team captain after the match would be nice to.He is captain after all.

- To have option of your player ,possibly, chasing down referee around the pitch like headless chicken and flapping their hands around him.Every time when their ego gets to them :D, there should be percentage chance of them doing that

- Add "inflated ego " mentality to some players , so they can go "mental" on referee after the game.:p

Manual Rolling Save Mode

Spot on - I wholeheartedly endorse this idea.

I've got the exact same habit crouchaldinho has, Ctrl-S after every match, because I hate it when a power outage or Windows bluescreen makes me replay a match. However, because of that, I rarely go the full week and get the benefit of the rolling save mode.

Never understood why it isn't linked - if I have rolling autosave on, just "roll" every time I save regardless of whether its human-initiated or auto-initiated.

Nothing major but think it would be nice to know the amount of away fans are at the game either next to the attendence in brackets 32,328 (2,600), Or to get a message like it says now in the game Burnley are preparing to travel the short 20 miles to ... But saying like Around 2,000 Burnley fans are expected to be on there way to the game, But prefer the brackets one.

Plus would love the Match sounds to be made like they used to be making it more atmospheric and really get into the match days again.

Permanent Scout Assignments - Another little thing. I've sent my scout somewhere and he reports back at the end of his assignment only for me to have to reassign him. :rolleyes:

It's especially annoying if you are managing in a small country (e.g. Wales) and the scout goes off for a couple of days only to report back and then be reassigned again!

Can I just tell the scout to stay there forever? Please? Would save me a few clicks anyway. :D

C.

Fixture Management

The FA of the country that you manage in should offer you alternative dates for fixtures that must be rescheduled, rather than rescheduling them to whenever they see fit, without giving the manager any say in the matter.

Bring back the option to request a fixture be rescheduled, this can come in useful when teams have an "exceptional" amount of injuries, or if players are still returning from international duty.

I don't claim this to be my idea, but I've just read it from another thread, and it is definitely worth a mention:

We have all been through the situations where we lose one of our start players because chairman tought the offer made by bigger club was too good to refuse. While this is a realistic feature that shouldn´t be removed no matter how frustrating it is for players I feel it should be greatly improved for example isntead of just getting a message the chairman accepted the offer and theres nothing you can do about it instead you get a message from Chairman letting you know that the offer is too good and he is going to accept and you then get the following series of options:

1. Tell Chairman you understand the situation and accept his decision

2. Tell Chairman that you believe he still can negotiate for better money and should stall the offer to see if some other club offers more

3. (if on middle of season) Tell Chairman that the player is too important for the teams aspirations for the season and should try to get buyer club to settle for getting the player at the end of season.

4. Promising promotion or title if he does not sell the player till the end of the season (Which would of course severely damage your job security if you do not deliver or if player is injured and can not be sell for so much money anymore9.

5. Warn Chairman that player in question is a fan favorite and selling him could potentially upset the supporters

6. Go to the press and rally the supporters to help you keep the player.

7. Give Chairman an Ultimatum that you would quit if he sells player

Why we didn't hire you!

what about when you apply for a job, when they turn you down and appoint someone else they tell you why they've turned you down. E.G - You're not experienced enough, haven't been successful enough, haven't managed in the Country before, have no International/club experience, there were better candidates etc.

I'm fed up of doing specific instructions at the beginning of each match on every individual opposition player, I think we should be able to save specific instructions i.e.

tight marking=yes, closing down=always, tackling=easy, show onto= no specific instructions.

tight marking=no, closing down=no specific instructions, tackling=hard, show onto= weaker foot.

Maybe we could create a batch of them and name them accordingly, such as 'Winger' which would obviously be closing down=always, show onto=weaker foot, and maybe have them saved in a drop down menu so they're only a click away. My wrist literally does start to hurt when I'm setting them all manually.

Does anyone follow me? Not sure if I am making much sense.

Hi, created a thread on this the other day got lots of positive feedback....

Popped into my head as I'd signed a striker in January hoping he would spearhead my attack and get us a good few goals, however he scored once in 14 appearances and that was on the last game of the season when we had nothing left to play for.

What I'd like to be able to do is discuss with certain individuals what I expect of them for the coming season, eg the aforementioned striker, tell him that I expect a lot from him, maybe understanding that it took him a while to settle, needs to justify his price tag etc...things like that.

You could have it a bit like the team talks, by that I mean have a drop down box and can tailor it individually or as a team.

For youth players who you feel might have a chance of breaking into the first team, you could tell them that they may feature this season if they perform well in the reserves.

This is just some initial thoughts and I'm sure more will pop into my tiny cranium but please feel free to comment/expand on this...

Cheers

Andy

Currently there's an assistant team report in game, which shows your best players and gives some generic information, like "we need to strengthen our defense". What I would like to see is a same kind of a report but not on my own side but about my opponents. This could be added to the next opposition scouting report.

I'd also like to see the Player manager aspect of the game improved and enhanced, you can put yourself in the game, but am i assuming the data base won't recongnise that you're the same person! ie you can become unhappy with yourself, and even be sold????

Here's something I would like to see but I do not know if it would take up too much developers time and memory etc.

I am also finding this hard to explain - basically, when you play your first season I think that the dates of signings that are made IRL should match up with the dates in-game. I.E. as a Wolves fan I will use a Wolves example... Richard Stearman signed for Wolves on June 25th 2008 whereas he appears in the game right from day 1. What I suggest is that in game you get the option come up to sign a player on the same day they were signed in real life. e.g. in game on June 25th in your inbox you get "The deal to sign Richard Stearman from Leicester for £xxxxxx is now due to be completed" and you can accept or cancel.

The reason I think this would be a good addition is becuase:

a) there are some players signed IRL that I sell straight away when I start the game (e.g. Matt Hill at Wolves)

b) when a game is patched and January signings are added in the original squad I feel this gives an unfair representation to both teams involved as one teams gains a player they wouldn't have for the first half of the season and one team loses one

Again, I understand this may be time consuming and adding each date exactly would be difficult so maybe it could work just in the same week as IRL or at least if players were signed in January they only join the squad in January if you choose to accept them.

Hope this makes sense

b) when a game is patched and January signings are added in the original squad I feel this gives an unfair representation to both teams involved as one teams gains a player they wouldn't have for the first half of the season and one team loses one

Again, I understand this may be time consuming and adding each date exactly would be difficult so maybe it could work just in the same week as IRL or at least if players were signed in January they only join the squad in January if you choose to accept them.

DUDE.. you took the words right out of my mouth.. i really wanted to say this but i forgot to.. then i remembered and voila.. its already here

please, when you guys release new patches, please don't add the players to the roster from the beginning, give them a future transfer for the next transfer window.. that would enable people like robbie keane to be transfered back to spurs mid-season.

Real Mode:

A mode where player attributes don't exist. In this mode you don't see the normal attribute sheet for each player. Instead it's replaced by several different options:

1: An updated scout report giving you a detailed account of what the player is good at, how they like to play, what their prefered moves are and most importantly how they compare to your players and what level the scout anticipates they can play to. IF the player is already in your team then this is replaced by your coach reports.

2: Stat tracking. A comprehensible stat tracking service which will be far more important to the manager as they will pick players through form, ratings and previous performances alone.

I feel this would be a great option which would lead to managers having to rely on their staff around them to provide useful information. At the moment it is too easy to simply looks at a players attributes and sign them or include them in your first 11 over a different player.

1) The ability to add or remove leagues in game. For example if i get bored managing a team and want a new challenge, i would like to continue with the same game with a new league, instead of having to create a new game each time. It would also allow me not to run lots of leagues at the start, really taking up all the memory my laptop has, basically killing it.

2) Also for the fans not to be dissapointed that my 14 year old youth signing hasn't played any games. Its silly.

The pre-match analysis needs MASSIVE work on it. It's totally innaccurate and based on Club Reputation which is severely flawed :(

For example: I just took on CFR Cluj in the Champions League group stage as Olympique Lyonnais. The pre-match analysis said Cluj should edge it. Come again?!!!??! :D

Their reputation is 6800 and mine is 6700. The analysis seems to be purely based on this stat and ignores the fact that im the French league champions playing the Romanian champions, the squads are grossly mismatched and i hammered them 3-0 home and away.

Perhaps addup all the CA of the players in the starting 11 and bring that into the equation? For example, if Man Utd play a team of reserves in the FA Cup final, they won't be clear-cut favourites compared to starting with Rooney, Ronaldo etc?

So say Real Madrid field a squad of 11 players all with CA of 170 each, bringing a total points of 1870. You could multiply the Club Rep by this figure giving a score of 9000rep * 1870 total CA = 16,830,000 score.

And for my Lyon side 11 players of 160 CA each, total points of 1760, Club Rep as 6700, score of 11,792,00 (6700*1760).

And for the Cluj side i just played, 11 players with a CA of 140 each is 1540, times by club rep of 6800 gives a score of 10,472,000.

So i would be favourites against Cluj, because my squad is of a higher calibre than theirs, despite their slightly higher reputation.

The hard part comes with determining how the difference between the figures translates into game predictions.

I would like the ability to interact with a player in greater detail. It would be nice to tell a youngster that he is the future of this team. It has been tough trying to keep players from getting upset when not allowing them to discuss terms with another team.

......if this were possible to do for fm 2010......could it be possible to add it as a patch or something for 09?

Was thinking of a couple of things to improve the game and make it more realistic..

- Allow more on the spot tactic making, instead of ticking boxes etc, allow links between the 11 players on the pitch by dragging them onto each other in the tactic screen with a red line or something showing the link, so they will link with each other more in game (1-2's etc, useful for a playmaker with a striker or a full back with a winger or both central mids) and allow like a maximum of 3 links a team or something. We all know real managers use a white board and draw on it with a marker!

- A proper news section for scores etc. For example, FM's own implementation of Sky Sports News with up to date scores and main news including transfer rumours for the day, which could get exciting when the transfer deadline approaches.

- Allow more options to talk with your player, rather than just about his form or to recommend a signing, ask him how he feels since he signed for the club, for example. Maybe allow an option to talk to the referee too :p Makes it more realistic at least.

- And of course, aswell as adding things, other things could be removed such as the long wait when viewing the match in 3d mode for key highlights and you wait so long and nothing even happens or annoying amount of wanted players your team always has but other teams never seem to have the same :[

Welcome to the boards, rayjay. Threads with lists of multiple ideas belong here in the "Wishlist" thread, as indicated in the forum header. Threads discussing a single idea in detail merit their own thread. Cheers!

Major Improvements

-The 3d match - the graphics need improving alot. They need to be more smooth and there really needs to be stadiums with different colured seats

-Tactics designer - with the 3d match we should be able to go onto the pitch and drag players around and be able to make great tatics. These could take maybe months to perfect in training and would be a really good feature

- Stadium designer - We should be able to build a stadium like in the FIFA manager games, it would make the game more fun!

New stuff

-A seperate tool for the last day of the transfer window which would work similar to MSN and you can type offers and get an instant reply. There should also be a real time clock counting down.

-Sponsorships - these need to be added in and dont need to be real so long as there are lots and they can be editted.

Player ineraction - A module similar to the transfer one (above) where you can select a wide range of options and talk to the player, without using the media

I know that a manager dosen't control all of this but I remeber in Total Club manager you had a "jack of all trades option" this would still allow people to play as a normal manager if they want to or have complete control of the club.

Facegen - This needs to be improved as if you play for 20 years you are going to have loads of faces and they all need to be different - at the moment they are too similar.

Have the game evolve - If you play for 20 years the game stays the same - there sould be changes in the no. of subs on the bench, Carling cup gets new sponsorship, the 6+5 rule comes in...

Also when you join a club you should be able to know what the board wants to do eg stay in the championship as the premier league is too expensive, rather than going to a club and getting no money and having to move on.

I am unsure if this has been mentioned previously as I have not checked all the pages, but there are two small things I would like to see added to compliment my gameplay experience and in theory should not be to hard to add in.

1. The option set the Playmaker and Target Man tactics to a Position as well as a Player.

2. The ability to pre-set Oposition Tactics to Positions as well as Players. This is due to the repetative nature of what is required, it gets rather boring having to go through these every match when I tend to deal with the players position rather than the player themselves. I'm generally always going to close down wingers, show strikers on to weaker foot and go in hard against their midfield. To optimise the chance of winning a game its not something you can just ignore.

Thoughts?

I'd like to see team talks used to reinforce tactics.

I.e.

Instead of the morale changes that teams talks currently inflict, why not have options saying: To a midfielder: "I want you to improve your passing" or to a DM "support the defense more" or to a ST "Put 'Player x' under pressure when he's got the ball" or to the whole team "Keep the ball as much as possible". Or to a player who has played well: "Good so far but improve your passing/shooting/work-rate".

I know these are all in the tactic menus/options but surely these options are better than "I don't want your performance to drop" when you are 3-0 up at half time.

- I think training matches would be a good addition. If anyone has ever played LMA Manager for PS2 they might remember that you could put your first team against your reserves or your subsitutes on a weekly basis. I think it would be great because you can see how well your tactics will work, instead of just making a tactic and testing the water against your next opponent. This would also make scout reports more important as you can set the opposition training team's tactics to replicate your next opponent.

- Also maybe more interactivity with your team in training, perhaps with weekly or even daily detailed training reports on how well your players train. I've thought about viewing training sessions, but this might be pointless and unhelpful, but I think having more detailed reports would be good. For example, such report could say "Jim worked hard today and seemed to get on well with his team mates" or "Andy had a bad attitude in training and did not get on well with other players".

- Being able to actually talk to your players more. Sir Alex doesn't wait until matchday to raise the morale of his players, he tells them at the training ground or at team lunches what he thinks of them. If a player is being lazy in training then you should be able to give them a bit of an earbashing or maybe motivate them. I know that you are able to interact with players through the media, but in my opinion no manager should ever go to the media before he talks to the player (*cough* David Moyes). Basically, I want to turn up to training, single out a player and talk to them, and I want immediate responses from them instead of a response a few days later.

1.much much more interaction(players,staff,board,ai managers...)

2.less press conferences

3.more fun in the game,so we won't need any books to read before playing

4.option to exclude pitches when you start the game(i use only text,it's all about imagining)

5.more start game options that could significantly improve game speed,last one is terribly slow

Passing

This is something that really needs to be improved. Currently, tactics just don't seem to allow us to be able to get a team to play the way we want. Too many players hoofing the ball when they're world class etc.

We should be able to tell players how we want them to play, a smooth passing game, long ball, quick passes etc etc. The tactics currently just don't allow us this level of flexibility.

Hi guys, first post!

Rather than just come on and criticise, i'd like to say that since i've been playing (CM4) the game really has developed quite substantially. Some developments have been great, others not so.

I'm not sure if anyone from SI really reads this, i really hope they do, because some of you really have come up with absolutely fantastic ideas - stuff that i'd never even thought about, and then after reading, thought that it would really improve the game!

I think the top area that needs a revamp for me is transfers

Transfers

There's a few aspects to my observations on this.

1. Greater interaction at negotiation stage .It would be fantastic if users were able to have greater interaction with players during negotiations, or with their agents - describing their potential role in the team, sharing your vision with them etc. In real life i believe that this can sometimes be a clincher for some players who feel a manager's philosophy and vision is something they'd like and sways their decision.

2. Loans. Although most of my experiences with FM09 are good, this is a real bugbear. On several different games that i have, it is a huge problem. When i wish to send out a player on loan to pick up invaluable game time, 90% of the time, there is no interest in him, despite the fact that he may be a very good player, or at least a youngster with real potential. For example, in one game i bought John Fleck for my Barca team, and after letting him develop for a while in the youth side, i tried to loan him to clubs but no one was interested. This simply is not lifelike. Look at the Premiership and Arsenal - there are so many clubs who rely on a team like them loaning out some of their prospects. Clubs are falling over each other to take them on loan!

3. First options. Now this i feel is where FM could easily introduce a great change. I'm very sure that in the older versions of the game from SI, you had the ability on the transfer screen to secure first option to buy a player. This was a great feature, as you could buy a first option on a player for a few years, let them mature and then bring them to your club. For some reason, the feature was dropped, so nowadays if you wish to buy a player with potential, but one who can't yet quite make that step up to your first team, then he'll invariably be left rotting in the reserves (the terrible loaning setup contributes to this!) I really can't understand why such a simple, yet brilliant feature was taken out - its not something that would need to be coded with great dedication i'd imagine - after all it used to be available!

4. Transfers of managers - this is stolen from a few others who have posted but i thought i'd reiterate it because the idea deserves kudos! Upon building a relationship with your Assistant/Coaches/Youth Coach, if you are to leave a club, it should really be allowed so that you can request they come with you. It is perhaps one of the biggest differences in real life management and playing on FM. In real life, i would say that its very rare for only a amanger to move, its much more common to have a whole coaching team go to a new club.

5. Tapping up. Wouldn't it be great if you were able to meet with players and tap them up, contact them on the sly, trying to arrange deals behind the other clubs back. of course you could have a media loving player, or agent who could leak the details etc...!

I'd rather not go on too much about press conferences and team tactics, as i think the developers have done a good job, considering there was nothing of the sort in the old days, and i don't think they will stop at the current levels of these, rather im certain that they will continue to innovate and develop both of these.

If any SI people do read this, please take this as constructive criticism, rather than an attack. the game IS good, i'm just offering up suggestions to tweak it.

Archived