Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well ok forget the season time one. but i would like more control with training. training on all fm games as far as i can remember has always been pretty muych the same. all u can do is select a training schedule for a player or rest them. i would like more tbh

I think we're all agreed on the media needing overhauling, however I would like to see the following tweak.

When there is a major international championship (World or European) I'd like to see a media item like this.

"You have been invited by a national TV station to comment on the Group Stage/Second Round/Quarter Final (etc) clash between x and y. Will you accept?

It'd be like scouting a match as you'd have to watch it then say what you thought at the end.

Perhaps along the same lines, if you scout a game, you get interviewed as to why you were there (I was running the rule over future transfer targets/opposition/just out for a game)

There are so many things i would like to see :p

- More influence and an expansion with team talks and maybe ingame shouting during the game.

- Shouting tactical hints to your players in the match or motivate them. Now players get nervous or complacent and we as managers just sit there en be pretty

- For the true realists an option to turn off the player and staff search option so the only way to get players and staff is the hard way

- A way to pay exact amounts and not only 25k or 50k but for LLM every penny counts.

- That you can tell a young player he is bought for the future. Now they get cranky after half a season, dont want to go on loan and the board describes him as a terrible buy

- Make it known to your own board you wont extend your contract. Now they just keep offering you a new contract. even when you decided to join another one :p

- More options in player communication like 'Start performing or ill drop you' 'Get your act together'

- More training options. Now you get a report once a month. I want more details about the training. Who made progress and who was picking the daisies on the pitch. Give us more to work with.

- Team talks for subs

- A way to tell possible new signings what your intentions are. For examble 'We want to build a team around you the next few years' That way Robinho signed for City

I'm a fan of including lower leagues into the game, right down to Step 6. I know there are issues on number of leagues and research and such, but I wouldn't even mind if my local club (Redhill - in the Sussex County League) didn't even have correct player names, it'd just be really nice to be able to take over as manager there and see how far I can take them (Maybe even reach the FA Cup 1st round!!)

As for too many leagues, I also wouldn't mind getting rid of half the leagues currently available, I NEVER start a game in any country other than England and sometimes another UK country.

How about releasing an "Upgrade" or separate disc for the rest of the pyramid?

As for too many leagues, I also wouldn't mind getting rid of half the leagues currently available, I NEVER start a game in any country other than England and sometimes another UK country.

WOW, what are the guys in SI waiting for, remove some leagues NOW!!!

would like to be able to play as a club and have a friendly with an national side or their youth squad ect.

would like a piece of news regarding the champs leaugh uefa cup finals ect.

sort out the confidance issue regarding the cups when you play a reserve side ect and the fans are mad when a player for the future doesnt get a game.

would like to get to vote for a player of the year ect.

Hey all

I know its a bit early and we wont hear anything official from SI yet but i think its about time to start discussing. What do people think we need for FM2010? What needs to be tweaked? What needs to be added? What could SI spring as the one/two stunning new features they tend to add each year (3D last year for example)?

My thoughts so far (will add more over the next few hours/days/weeks but keep suggesting):

3D engine - was a really good start but it still has a long way to go, hopefully this will be stepped up this year

Press conferences - didnt quite come off, for me, i tend not to use them. I hope this could be improved. More variety would certainly be nice.

Assistant Managers - nice ideas but again didnt really come off in 09, would love to see this feature expanded (partly because i find 09 much much harder than previous games and its nice to have a balance between difficulty and potential for success through hard work)

League/World View - Not quite sure what can be done about this, but I've noticed that unless you want to spend hours trawling through match reports or worse still watching every game in every league, you have a very sketchy view of what's going on outside your team, and more still outside your league - perhaps more reports on who is playing really well, who perhaps is underperforming, big things that are going on in the world of footy? (e.g. this season IRL - the surprise performances of Aston Villa who did so well for the first half of the season and the players who did well there, Stoke City's overachieving etc.). Also could be good for teams lower in a league who are looking to buy new players, perhaps from the league below (e.g. Beattie for Stoke this season IRL...).

Any thoughts from anyone?

Overhaul the media aspect of the game. Introduce better questions or scrap it completely. Simply being able to say thats not something i particularly agree with to a comment you want to answer much more extensively is something that really bothers me in press conferences.

Would be good if you could ask the players at your club more questions about there mood. Example , keane goal drought you can say dont worry mate you wwill score soon etcc. If a player is left out of the international squad you can go on record and criticise the decision or say that if he keeps playing well he will get it. If a player has interest from other clubs you should be able t sit down in a meeting wiith him and say do you want to go? or i wont stop you oving in the hnext transfer window but please stick it out til then etc.....

All these media aspects should be able to effect morale just like current ones.

Confidence still not quite right needs improving

Next point is about interest. Alot of my games i end up getting most of my team wanted by other clubs and then about 100 bids come in every trannsfer window . Its too much in my opinion. Furthermore if you stop a transfer by getting the player to secure a new deal. then that coontract should mean alot more than just preventing the player from wanting to leave in that transfer window. One example of this is when i offered corluka a new 4 year big contract he was happy in january then wanted to leve in june.

In general something needs to be done about players wanting out too much. Especialially when they are at a successful club anyway. Perhaps the balance of player ambition is a bit iffy at times i do not know the cause personally, but tweeked it would be better.

Training is an area ive always wanted to see overhauled. Ithink that it should be more difficult to do right but offer great reards when done so. I think that we should be able to use a mouse and pointers or slide players about on a 2d pitch to simulate set pieces if u see what i mean. I want to be able to tell king to play a screen on the defender on the penalty spot freeeing up space where he came from for woodgate to swivvle into.

I think that tactically the game is very very good. That is not to say it could be better. Am unsure whether or not i miss the side arrows as it did help with narrow formations off the ball and wide on. This is something that does hapen in football but it cannot be replicated on the game. Setting wide , to me only effects the amount of goals you score or conceed not the shape of your team.

Id love some commentary and better stadium sounds. (dreaming)

Id like to see more goals from corners and set pieces

Dont like the way the computer always gets one more chance to attack late on but that is good i guess coz otherwise id win too many matches ;)

Oh also when you get a great result away from home in say the chmps league then you go home play a similar style but maybe have two up top and give fullbacks more freedom you somehow lose 5-0 . Crazyness

Hello Everybody,

After many years on this forum of just 'viewing from the sidelines' I have finally plucked up the courage to make one little suggestion for future versions of FM that may improve the gameplay experience somewhat. I would like to see a review of the way that every action you take, no matter how trivial, requires confirmation.

I hope that you know what I mean? For instance when you want to add a player to your shortlist or make a new contract offer to one of your coaches. It's like when you confirm to your mum that maybe yes you would like sugar on your cornflakes today, and she asks you earnestly 'are you absolutely sure about that?', like whatever your decision is may have some Earth-altering effect. I feel that is all just a little over the top and that the following are three alternatives that might improve this aspect of the UI:

* Remove the confirm prompts completely and replace them with an "Undo" option for any time you make a screw-up (only where the action can be 'undone' of course !).

* Include a 'Configure Confirmations' screen in Preferences where the player can decide which of all the actions he/she wants to have to confirm and which he/she doesn't, e.g. maybe you feel that you don't want to have to confirm everytime that you want to extend the time a player remains on your shortlist so you would untick this option, but maybe you do want to have to confirm every time you make an offer to buy a player so you would leave that option ticked. This way you can customize the game to 'flow' more how you want it to.

* A combination of the two: customization of the confirm options with the 'undo' option for hastily made or erroneous button-clicks. For what it's worth this would be my personal choice if I had any say in the matter which of course I don't so hardly worth mentioning then really was it?! ahem.

Anyway that's my tuppence worth: not in any way connected with the actual gameplay, but I hope that it would help players enjoy the game just a little bit more in the future.

Cheers!

az - they're not supposed to IRL any more - creates too much controversy. So its a question of whether the refs should be realistic or stick to regulations (as they don't in real life...plenty of refs still do it (sensibly) even though they're not supposed to)

I would like to see the board get more involved like when i ask for the stadium to be expanded they say i cant because of the council...nut they wont build a stadium for me..i am richest club in world(Real Madrid) i have loads of money but they don't build me a new stadium. also it could be a good idea to have players ego's come into play, like a player getting to big headed so a fight occurs at training.. something like that. also players leaving clubs on free transfers even though it says there happy at the club. speaking of which young players leaving on the cheap when there gunna be highly rated ina few years. thats about it

Expanding on the point of telling a new player you mean to build the team around him, I'd like for you to be able to - providing your board trust you enough - ask the board to perhaps take out a loan to provide funds for a big signing. You could say that you mean to mould the team around him and it is crucial you can afford him. Would be a great touch if you're a mid table side :thup:

1) better use of assistant manager, e.g. reports to you every week saying how training is going, general morale of the team, tactical suggestions etc basically to have a better relationship with your assistant like in real life.

2) to make the board more intelligent e.g. when you ask to expand the stadium and they expand it by 45 seats, bit of a joke really and also when they say the council wont allow planning permission then they take out a loan and build a new one etc

3) for the board to be more involved with transfers e.g. you have to communicate with the CEO to go and negoiate a transfer with a players agent and you send him a wishlist. this is exactly what happens in real life. Plus for the chairman to buy players without your permission every now and then like Abramovich did with Shevchenko, SI did do this is Champ Man but have taken the feature away but i would like it to come back!

4) to have a 3d stadium option for expanding the stadium so you can see what it looks like and maybe have the option to choose what stands to put it, this could be a brilliant new feature that is a lot of fun!

5) the board are aloud to take out a loan for a new player to make sure you get him and not another club

6) being able to talk to a player you hope to sign to tell him what your plans are for the club and where he fits in with those plans

7) an overhaul of press conferences as they are completely useless and very annoying and also repetitive

8) being able to communicate with players better and more options to do so not just 5 options to tell them they are playing bad or good

9) the whole business aspect of the game sucks, football is not just about football anymore, its a business and needs to be ran properly therefore a revamp on the business/finances section needs to be done

10) the ability to design new kits or have a say in a new kit design

I've just thought of something. Don't know if it has been mentioned already, but I would like to see some sort of graphic of players on last yellow in the submit team and match preview screens. I know you get it in the pre-match preview (before submitting the team) but a yellow card beside a players jersey would be nice.

1) better use of assistant manager, e.g. reports to you every week saying how training is going, general morale of the team, tactical suggestions etc basically to have a better relationship with your assistant like in real life.

2) to make the board more intelligent e.g. when you ask to expand the stadium and they expand it by 45 seats, bit of a joke really and also when they say the council wont allow planning permission then they take out a loan and build a new one etc

3) for the board to be more involved with transfers e.g. you have to communicate with the CEO to go and negoiate a transfer with a players agent and you send him a wishlist. this is exactly what happens in real life. Plus for the chairman to buy players without your permission every now and then like Abramovich did with Shevchenko, SI did do this is Champ Man but have taken the feature away but i would like it to come back!

4) to have a 3d stadium option for expanding the stadium so you can see what it looks like and maybe have the option to choose what stands to put it, this could be a brilliant new feature that is a lot of fun!

5) the board are aloud to take out a loan for a new player to make sure you get him and not another club

6) being able to talk to a player you hope to sign to tell him what your plans are for the club and where he fits in with those plans

7) an overhaul of press conferences as they are completely useless and very annoying and also repetitive

8) being able to communicate with players better and more options to do so not just 5 options to tell them they are playing bad or good

9) the whole business aspect of the game sucks, football is not just about football anymore, its a business and needs to be ran properly therefore a revamp on the business/finances section needs to be done

10) the ability to design new kits or have a say in a new kit design

i think all these ideas are great and SI should take a look at them

how bout the referee not wearing the same kit as the team playing and since when do football league referees wear blue kits.

how bout players not walking through the nets, advertising boards and through the stands like they don't exist!!!

also how bout stretchers taking the players off

delays for kick off due to crowd congestion on big match days

an attendance higher than 13000 for a league 2 playoff final

how many away fans attended the game

rain during the game

more finances available when teams win promotion to the premier league i.e. when i won promotion with reading a top half finish got me 4 million to spend

Simple idea:

ROLLING STATISTIC SUMMARY

Basically, sums up any statistics of note. Could be placed anywhere but I think it would be good if it appeared while the game is processing (rather like the 'hints') and also on the news screen or somewhere by the inbox.

Could include the following examples of team stats:

St. Albans City have won 23 points out of the last 36

... not won at home for 3 games

... not scored away for 2 games

... only have one win in 6

... have not won for 5 games

etc. etc. etc.

Then for players, it could be the following examples:

Paul Hakim has the best strike rate in the team this season, with a strike rate of 0.53.

Ben Martin has played the most amount of minutes for the Saints so far this season, playing for a total of 1890 minutes.

Jonathan Hunt has converted 2 out of 2 penalties this season so far.

Gary Cohen has picked up the most amount of yellow cards, having been booked 4 times so far this season.

Then perhaps even a miscellaneous rolling summary too, with information such as:

St. Albans have used a total of 30 players in the league so far this season.

The Saints have kept 3 clean sheets so far at home this season.

The highest attendance at Clarence Park so far this season was 623 against Chelmsford City.

The lowest attendance at CP so far this season was 373 against Thurrock.

The average attendance this season so far is 482.

A total of 5,305 fans have attended games at CP this season.

Even an overall league version might be good, with information such as:

Any hat-tricks scored so far that season. Or penalties, missed penalties, own goals etc.

The number of games won by one goal or some such obscure but interesting stat.

Average attendances.

Recent sequences by other teams in the division.

My other idea is for:

GOAL TIME DISTRIBUTION

Essentially, a graph split up into segments for each half and showing when during the game goals are being scored, conceded or both.

If it was possible perhaps to include a stat such as this in the game that would be rather good and could also feed into the rolling stats summary with information such as:

St. Albans have scored most of their goals just after half-time this season.

St. Albans have a habit of conceding goals just before half-time so far this season.

Just thought I would throw these ideas out there. All of this would just add a bit of colour to the game and provide something interesting to read whilst processing. It would mean that some of these interesting or obscure statistics were available in clear English without the user having to make an effort to find that particular stat out. It might provide some moments of amusement that the user might have otherwise missed.

So, in other words, an accessible rolling summary which translates interesting statistics about your team, players, league &etc. into English as an interesting fact to read.

C.

Simple idea:

Basically, sums up any statistics of note. Could be placed anywhere but I think it would be good if it appeared while the game is processing (rather like the 'hints') and also on the news screen or somewhere by the inbox.

etc. etc. etc.

Paul Hakim has the best strike rate in the team this season, with a strike rate of 0.53.

Ben Martin has played the most amount of minutes for the Saints so far this season, playing for a total of 1890 minutes.

Gary Cohen has picked up the most amount of yellow cards, having been booked 4 times so far this season.

Then perhaps even a miscellaneous rolling summary too, with information such as:

The Saints have kept 3 clean sheets so far at home this season.

The highest attendance at Clarence Park so far this season was 623 against Chelmsford City.

Any hat-tricks scored so far that season. Or penalties, missed penalties, own goals etc.

The number of games won by one goal or some such obscure but interesting stat.

Average attendances.

Recent sequences by other teams in the division.

My other idea is for:

GOAL TIME DISTRIBUTION

Essentially, a graph split up into segments for each half and showing when during the game goals are being scored, conceded or both.

If it was possible perhaps to include a stat such as this in the game that would be rather good and could also feed into the rolling stats summary with information such as:

St. Albans have scored most of their goals just after half-time this season.

St. Albans have a habit of conceding goals just before half-time so far this season.

Just thought I would throw these ideas out there. All of this would just add a bit of colour to the game and provide something interesting to read whilst processing. It would mean that some of these interesting or obscure statistics were available in clear English without the user having to make an effort to find that particular stat out. It might provide some moments of amusement that the user might have otherwise missed.

So, in other words, an accessible rolling summary which translates interesting statistics about your team, players, league &etc. into English as an interesting fact to read.

C.

Although it's only eye-candy, it is a nice idea for eye-candy, good call.

Little addition to player interaction: Option to negotiate about the player's future in team. I suppose in IRL it happens quite often that the player and the manager sit down and talk about the future. This could be in a way where you make "road maps" together with the player. You tell him that "You have 3 years left in your contract. In the following season I'm going to loan you out, then if all goes well, you're going to be a backup to first team, and on the third year you're going to be a first team regular."

Sounds:

* The crowd sound should be different depending on the level of the game. If you play with an obscure team in a lower league game it should be eerily quiet. The top games should be incredibly noisy.

* More songs, drums and other fan sounds

* If the away team scores a goal it should become quiet, and some booing and catcalls

This is an enormous thread so if someone from SI Games is still reading this far then well done!

I think massively-multiplayer games would be a great addition, in the mould of OOTP Baseball. Instead of having to arrange lots of people to be online at the same time, you all do your team lineups, transfer offers etc offline, then send in your updated files by a certain deadline and the league commissioner sims ahead the next week/few days or whatever is agreed.

Obviously this would need a few changes to the format, e.g. games would only played on Saturday / Wednesday, and each 'Continue' takes you from Sat to Wed without pausing for manager interaction in between. Assistant Manager would have to control matches, but you could leave in-depth instructions for him, for example "If losing after 80 minutes change to All-Out Attack".

I appreciate SI have tried to address this with FM Live, but for me the addiction to FM has always been the realism, so I'm not really interested in creating FC Polar Bear with Ronaldo & Messi up front and playing a bunch of friendlies against other randoms. Playing in a league where all 92 English league teams are human-controlled would be great fun. SI could make a bit of money by hosting the leagues themselves and charging each manager as they do with FM Live.

tweak the options when if i chose to go on holiday if i was testing a tactic.you only get the option to choose "current" tactic.which kind of comes unstuck if i'm playing an attacking tactic at home and a more controlled one away.

Not have to reputation of players decrease so drastically, or even at all, as they get older. David Beckham is a classic case in point; his rep drops to a meagre Continental just a few months into the game.

* Attributes should be from 0-100 for a better scope between lousy and brilliant players

* If you hover over an attribute with the pointer, you should get a tooltip explaining the attribute

* If you hover over an increase/decrease in attribute, you should get an explanation why the value has changed, and the exact numerical value

Ugh, if I see another person asking for the ability to design kits or buy houses I'm going to puke. Seriously though, this is football manager, not sims: sports manager or anything like that.

Just a random idea...

At a World Cup or European Championships etc. you should be able to be invited to a TV show like MOTD then have questions put to you like the press conference way! What you think?

Right, this is going to be a mighty long posts, so prepare yourselves. I’m going to divide this post into several sections, so I will start off with the less important and gradually build by way up to the suggestions I feel would make the biggest impact.

Section I:

A.

Club Customisation

Yeh, so, clubs in real life have agreements with different sponsors and businesses to bring in money for things like kits and facilities. Well, I think it’d be a cool idea to be able to agree different deals with different companies so that we could change our income. As a result, we’d be able to decide how much goes into different areas of the club. I’m not sure it’d work really well, and I’m positive I haven’t made myself clear, but I think it could work well as a minor adjustment to the club and its funding.

B.

Secondly, club kits. Once every 5 – 10 years, the club is going to need a slight adjustment to the kits, and, as the manager, I feel the board would take the managers creativity and artwork very seriously. J Anyway, designing club kits or adjusting them slightly would probably make more money, due to fans wanting new kits and such.

Section II:

A.

Press Conferences

Just a short one. More questions in press conferences and a bigger variety of coice of words for questions. I don’t want Bill Chamberlain from BBC news saying exactly what Bob Samsy from the News of the World said last week about a different match. It minorly ruins the continutity of press conferences and you get the feel you’re In a time warp every time you go to one. Personally, I see press conferences as one of the most fun parts of the games, and I feel this is the only addition it needs.

Section III:

A.

Player Interaction

Currently, there is only a limited amount of things you can say to a player. These things range from “I hate your recent performances” to “Are you sure you’re not a reincarnation of Jesus? Because that’s how you’re playing”. I want to say more things, like, “Play well or you’re dropped”, or “Make sure you do well next game”. Things like that. It adds more deph to the game.

B.

Next, I think you shouldn’t have to say things in front of the press about a player. Sir Alex Ferguson doesn’t go to a press conference and say, “Rio, I am very disappointed with your recent performances”. Ferguson would speak with the player privately. But, and I think this was a feature on FM Handheld, you should have the option of saying it in public or in private. This would affect the impact of what you say.

Section IV:

A.

Manager Profile Screen

I take my manager profile very seriously, indeed I do. But I don’t want it to vary much from other managers. I want to select different people as my favoured personnel, I want to have the opportunity to do that. I also want to be able to put my full name on the manager profile screen, rather than just my first and second name. It’s these tiny things that make your profile more accurate.

B.

Secondly, a new addition to the manager profile screen I feel would work well. A rivalry section, where rivals and people the manager isn’t fond of are listed. As a result, they would be seen bickering via press conferences and such.

Section V:

A.

Youth Setup Interaction

In what could turn out to be absolutely useless or unbelieveably useful, I want to be able to interact with the very young talent, the players under the age of 14. There has been no interaction with that side of the game. I want to be able to attend a game between the local junior teams. Eg; the Whitby Boys U12 squad vs the Shaunby Boys U12 squad. This means we can gurantee future prospects and bring them into the youth setup. We could also assign scouts to go to such matches.

Section VI:

A.

Reserves and U18 Management

It’s something I’d really, really love. The opportunity to manage the Reserves and U18’s of a club, rather than manage the first team, too. Eg; say you are unemployed. The manager of a low-profile club may approach you to lead the U18’s to glory. If you have a better reputation, a higher-ranked club may ask you to become their Reserves coach or something like that. That way, we could build our way up through the clubs managing ladder. Of course, we could still be offered the role of manager, but also coach of U18’s and Reserves.

Section VII:

A.

Tactics

Not much to suggest, really, except a few things for Player Instructions and something to do with forward runs. So, first off, for Players Instructions, I think we should be able to tell our players how wide they should play. Eg; if we want to bring our wingers inwards and put our central midfielders to the sides.

B.

Now for Forward Runs. If I remember rightly, in FM08 you could make players run to certain areas, which was removed in FM09 for forward, mixed and backward runs. I don’t think this new idea was very good. I much preferred the prospect of central midfielders running back diagonally, or wingers running into the center. It added more depth and control to the tactics.

Well, thanks for reading. Got to go massage my hands now that they’re old and crippled. SI, please consider my suggestions carefully, because I’ve thought really hard about them. :) Thanks.

I would like to have a facility to highlight players in my squad.

For example; I have a load of youth players I want to play every now and again, and a load of old and past it players just in my squad to make up the numbers. It would be nice to highlight all the youth players in one colour, and the old players in another, this way I can see at a glance who I want to play. The facility could be used for many other reasons, I just feel that I would use it for that reason. (ie: when a player is on loan/trial etc he is a different colour, I would like a few extra colours that I could specify players being to highlight them to me).

Hope that makes sense, would love to see it. Yes I know you might argue I could just check the ages/stats/info or simply remember the name, it'd just be nice to do it at a glance. (Especially in a foreign league with similar player names and many regens.)

Simple idea:

etc. etc. etc.

Paul Hakim has the best strike rate in the team this season, with a strike rate of a goal every 0.53 minutes. He has played 2.06 minutes so far this season, scoring 4 goals. (well, not exactly, but you get the picture)

Gary Cohen has picked up the most amount of yellow cards, having been booked 4 times so far this season in 11 games.

The Saints have kept 3 clean sheets so far at home this season in 5 home games.

The number of games won by one goal or some such obscure but interesting stat (percentage of a team's goals scored by leading goalscorer?).

Average attendances.

Recent sequences by other teams and players in the division (Nicolas Bignall has scored a goal in 5 consecutive matches, Mikkel Andersen has kept clean sheets in 5 of his last 7 full matches).

C.

My additions added in blue.

Nick, I've added some very positive stuff in your file.

I think we're all agreed on the media needing overhauling, however I would like to see the following tweak.

When there is a major international championship (World or European) I'd like to see a media item like this.

"You have been invited by a national TV station to comment on the Group Stage/Second Round/Quarter Final (etc) clash between x and y. Will you accept?

It'd be like scouting a match as you'd have to watch it then say what you thought at the end.

Perhaps along the same lines, if you scout a game, you get interviewed as to why you were there (I was running the rule over future transfer targets/opposition/just out for a game)

I think this is a great idea!! and would love to see it in FM2010! :thup:

Paul Hakim has the best strike rate in the team this season, with a strike rate of a goal every 0.53 minutes. He has played 2.06 minutes so far this season, scoring 4 goals. (well, not exactly, but you get the picture)

That'd be one helluva strike rate.

Like others have said, its really annoying when an 18 yr old wants a lot of first time action even when the player starting in his position is a lot better than him (Kroos, Sniejder). And, again like others have said, in the Spanish Super Cup, the board and fans should be fine if I play my 2nd team.

When setting Manager Experience, you have limited options with daft outcomes.

EG: If I select the past experience of a Professional Footballer, I could be anything from Steve Bruce to Mickey Lewis and FM will always give me a reputation of 6000. And an Ex-England International could be anything from Alan Shearer to Anthony Gardner.

It'd be nice to have your own player history (with multiple clubs) at a level of your choosing and the ability to choose your own manager reputation to suit the game you want to play.

i must say i would love the whole manage a u18/ reserve side to get your reputation up.

but the thing is on fm09 reputation plays a massive part ie stoke and hull ALWAYS go down so obviosly you cannot judge how good a side will be but looking at their players etc could help. also it would be good to see things like boardroom arguments which affect your team ie hicks vs gillet or ashley wise and lambias vs kevin keegan

If you have been at the club long enough and the Board likes you, I think it would be great if they valued your input for a manager replacement once you decide to leave the club as manager.

Taking the backroom staff with you seems very good feature, not revolutionary but will fix having to getting a whole new backroom staff roster every move. I also think should be part of the contract negotiations so like basically when I get moved to a new club I try to cancel contracts of all the dead wood but some of them get blocked because of too much money to pay. So in orignial contract negotiations:

Sign for this much.

Sign for this long.

Take backroom staff yes/no.

How much budget you get.

Expectations now, 3 years, 10 years.

Key players the club wants you to get or if they want to be stingy with money.

What about it? Am I being ********?

Cheers,

ReeNah

this is just a thought, but why not have the board messing with team affairs like telling you to play a certain player or certain formation (which has supposedly happened at qpr), and you can either roll over and oblige or you can give the board an ultimatum to stop messing with team affairs which can end in several outcomes, they back down or they fire you etc etc

For international management: As it is now, there´s players who "sees no benefit" in gaining a 2:nd nationality. I´d like to see a feature under "Player interaction" where you can ask those players to gain that second nationality so you can add them to the national team.

For example: I have this really great uncapped swiss goalie in a MLS-team that would fit perfect in my Team USA, unfortunaly he "sees no benefit" to get that american passport.

i would like it, that when you sign youth players, the fans dont moan cause they havent played... so when signing a player potentially an option to stipulate when you expect him to properly make his 1st team, or an option to say "youth team player" etc... also the option to tell the fans/chairman that you will be playing a weak/youth team in certain games/cups etc...

probably has already been mentioned tbh...

Archived