Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

For me, the next step for FM would be to make the game faster and less sluggish (in lack of a better word...).

I feel that this game now has enough features, so a year of fine-tuning (without spending resources on any new revolutionizing stuff) would be perfect. I know this doesn't sound good in terms of marketing and so on, but if SI could make the interface smoother and more responsive, FM would improve vastly in playability.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have said here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/241760-I-Want-a-Director-of-Football-Manager-coaching?p=6195815#post6195815 , and on other threads, I think FM12 should include:

- Option to have a Director of Football

- Managers able to take training like coaches (ie. on the coaches screen in training, your name and training speciality will come up)

- Optional manager playing History to add a bit of atmosphere

- Ability to make a club you stay with for a long time one of your favourite clubs, as players and AI managers do.

Apologies, I mis-posted this elsewhere, but a few ideas:

1. During the match engine we can see the players, fans, officials, medical staff and subs...by why is there no little virtual manager sitting on the bench or pacing around the technical area?? The would be a good little inclusion.

2. On the games home page we can change the widgets etc, to display different info...I would like a notepad to be added, so I can type in notes and it will always be shown on the homepage, instead of have to create player notes...I can just have a pad for typing in random stuff.

3. Why are the ad-boards still the old style, surely nearly all the top grounds have the new digital boards...why are these not represented? Surely they increase clubs income by changing to digital boards?

I would like to be able to set a player to a certain role so that any time they are on the pitch they are that role. So for example if I'm playing Crouch as a target man and bring on Defoe as a sub it should automatically assign him to a poacher if I have set that as his default role. Is annoying having to change the role everytime I make a substitution or play a different player in my starting line-up.

not reading 65 pages to see if these have been mentioned, but here I go..

Job Interviews

In FM11 we've seen the whole interaction thing taken up to the next level.. this could be tweeked to make job interviews when applying for a job. You apply for a job, either get put on the shortlist or rejected, and then like real life, you get a interview with the clubs board, where the answers you give have an affect of you getting the job

Records : Top 10

Add Top 10 records to all clubs, nations and competitions .. "Most Capped; Most Goals; Most Cleansheets" etc. I'm a geek for stats and history built up over the my career games :)

Adding / Removing Leagues at end of the season

I tend to load up only a couple of leagues at the start.. England + 2 more; and basically pre-planning my career from the first click of the game. Would be great if you could add another playable league at the start of each season, or remove a league you have got bored with (i..e i dont have a real interest in what happens in the Andorran league once I've left it, so I'd like to de-select that league and load up the SPL for a different challenge

Add a Manager - City of Birth

Only a small thing, but its available for EVERYONE else in the game accept from us

Charity games

Did you see a match between Europe XI and Man Utd a few years ago? If you did, you should know what I'm talking about. We should be able to arrange games like this one. We invite players for our team and choose an opponent or in reverse - we challenge another manager or player, he makes his own team and we play against it. The whole cash is donated to charity. What do you think about it?

A revamp of scouting

At present it’s in a way all or nothing you either know the value of an attribute or you don’t. Id like to see it changed so that’s scouts make mistakes about attribute values and it’s possible to sign a player on a scouts recommendation only to find out his significantly different once he arrives at your club.

E.G your scout has Judging Player ability 10 you send him to see a player he reports back that the player has Pace 16, Off the ball 15, finishing 14, heading 12 etc.

You sign the player he arrives at your club you find he has Pace 17, Off the ball 12, Finishing 9, heading 14.

This would add some tactics to scouting do you have as many scouts as possible and make them watch a lot of games before buying a player or do you get the best scouts you can and trust their judgment after watching the player once?

A revamp of scouting

At present it’s in a way all or nothing you either know the value of an attribute or you don’t. Id like to see it changed so that’s scouts make mistakes about attribute values and it’s possible to sign a player on a scouts recommendation only to find out his significantly different once he arrives at your club.

E.G your scout has Judging Player ability 10 you send him to see a player he reports back that the player has Pace 16, Off the ball 15, finishing 14, heading 12 etc.

You sign the player he arrives at your club you find he has Pace 17, Off the ball 12, Finishing 9, heading 14.

This would add some tactics to scouting do you have as many scouts as possible and make them watch a lot of games before buying a player or do you get the best scouts you can and trust their judgment after watching the player once?

The part in bold already exists in the game, which I found the hard way :)

- It would be fun to be able to play as an scout or ass. manager...

- I think it would be fun to be able to buy your self personal things like a big house or a nice car. What is the point with negotiating about your wage if you can't do anything with it?

- Be able to coach the U-19..

- Be able to be friends with some of the players

- It would be fun to be able to play as an scout or ass. manager...

- I think it would be fun to be able to buy your self personal things like a big house or a nice car. What is the point with negotiating about your wage if you can't do anything with it?

- Be able to coach the U-19..

- Be able to be friends with some of the players

I believe players can list you as favourite personnel if you build up a relationship with them or has this been taken out for fm11

Wishlist....

How about a half decent AI somewhere in the game. So many just plain stupid flaws, the well documented player interaction and transfer issues, the ME AI is actually worse then it was in 10.3, and then I just saw a real face palm.

Team that is pretty well decimated with injury having a hard time putting together 18 players, so instead of changing formations or something they play a CB in a striker position, a CB that wasn't even all the good in the air let alone having no finish to speak of.

So yeah, that's my wish, just one section of the game to have an AI that at least makes some sense. Then maybe SI can build off that.

God forbid we actually have existing things work instead of adding new broken fluff.

How about being able to plan short-training camps during international breaks or when you have a big block of time with no fixtures? In fact, don't most teams do a foreign training camp in pre-season....or is this included when we arrange a foreign tour?

What has always annoyed me and has probably already been mentioned is when on a network game and you'r looking at the latest scores the players results always come on the bottom, so if there is a lot of fixtures you always have to scroll down to c your mates score everytime it refreshes. Could the player results go at the top for the lazy guys out thr. And please point any obvious changes for this if I've missed.

Couple points

• I would like to be able to become one of the managers. What I mean is instead of me creating a manager I would like to be able to take control of an existing manager. For example if I wanted to coach Chelsea and I wanted to keep it realistic so I choose to be Carlo Ancelotti. Instead of creating Carlo Ancelotti I could just be him.
  • Also I think it would be interesting if there was some sort of fantasy football implemented. I know it would be very difficult to include for all leagues, but if it ever did happen it would be fun. Have it so you can create a fantasy team as you would in real life and you get points based on how players do on the game each week. You could play against your friends in an online game.

don't know if this was mentioned..

why other clubs in fm are not offering money for your win against their rival in uefa cl? for example theres 1 game to go, and my team (Leeds) have already qualified for the knock out stage.. Marseille is in second with 8 pts, AC Milan is third with 5pts and PAOK is 4th with 3pts. Milan playing PAOK and Leeds vs Marseille. Because im already through im going to put my youth in the starting lineup so knowing this AC Milan is like: "We are offering you 1M for your win against Marseille." So now i can choose, either i play with my youth and loose or i start my first team players and take 1M.. its happening in real life..

Just a silly suggestion..

p.s. sorry for my engrish..

don't know if this was mentioned..

why other clubs in fm are not offering money for your win against their rival in uefa cl? for example theres 1 game to go, and my team (Leeds) have already qualified for the knock out stage.. Marseille is in second with 8 pts, AC Milan is third with 5pts and PAOK is 4th with 3pts. Milan playing PAOK and Leeds vs Marseille. Because im already through im going to put my youth in the starting lineup so knowing this AC Milan is like: "We are offering you 1M for your win against Marseille." So now i can choose, either i play with my youth and loose or i start my first team players and take 1M.. its happening in real life..

Just a silly suggestion..

p.s. sorry for my engrish..

Bribery and corruption whether its happening IRL or not will never be in the game. Thank the lord.

Bribery and corruption whether its happening IRL or not will never be in the game. Thank the lord.

Its not bribery.. its not against the rules to motivate other team.. im sure i have read this a few years back... or maybe i was dreaming.. hmm...

Its not bribery.. its not against the rules to motivate other team.. im sure i have read this a few years back... or maybe i was dreaming.. hmm...

It is against the rules to offer incentives and even if it wasn't it would be extremely unethical and morally wrong. Where did you hear that this was legal? From the Russian Mafia?

I wish...

That on the pre-game screen that shows the match official and his games/yellows/reds, that there was a figure that compared his per game average (for each) with the league's per game average. For example, something like:

Referee A:

20 games

1.76 yellow cards per game

0.45 red cards per game

League Average:

2.21 yellow cards per game

0.55 red cards per game

This type of comparison would more clearly illustrate which referees give more or less cards than the league average.

TACTIC TACTIC TACTIC..

CM and FIFAM all allow the users to have a very important tool which is to make a better use of the arrows in formation and allow you to tell each player where to run ? currently i have no good headers in UTD and wanted Nani and Giggs to run into the box and cross low balls .. but no matter what i do they keep kissing the flanks and sending high crosses in no one lands and for no good headers

it is frustrating and SI need to :

1- allow us to have arrows or any other option to tell our players where we expect them to run most of the time.

2- allow us to specify for wingers to cross low balls if my strikers are not good headers .. just like CM, FIFAM do too

FM is fantastic game but if they can give us more options tactically .. that will be great

another thing could be media prediction of a game, UTD playing away to LIV, ok we are in top, but LIV are a great side .. and media says a definite win for UTD !! that make me beating LIV tasteless as i did what was expected !! same apply on many away hard games, facing teams in top6, home teams seem never get enough advantage

Just read this post and i agree with all these suggestions, nice work, hope some get implemented!

not reading 65 pages to see if these have been mentioned, but here I go..

Job Interviews

In FM11 we've seen the whole interaction thing taken up to the next level.. this could be tweeked to make job interviews when applying for a job. You apply for a job, either get put on the shortlist or rejected, and then like real life, you get a interview with the clubs board, where the answers you give have an affect of you getting the job

Records : Top 10

Add Top 10 records to all clubs, nations and competitions .. "Most Capped; Most Goals; Most Cleansheets" etc. I'm a geek for stats and history built up over the my career games :)

Adding / Removing Leagues at end of the season

I tend to load up only a couple of leagues at the start.. England + 2 more; and basically pre-planning my career from the first click of the game. Would be great if you could add another playable league at the start of each season, or remove a league you have got bored with (i..e i dont have a real interest in what happens in the Andorran league once I've left it, so I'd like to de-select that league and load up the SPL for a different challenge

Add a Manager - City of Birth

Only a small thing, but its available for EVERYONE else in the game accept from us

When your negotiating a new contract with the board, I'd like to be able to insert clauses (IE Upgrade youth and training facilities or guarantee a certain amount to spend on transfers).

I think this may have been a feature on a previous edition, but I can't rememeber which one. Apologies if this has already been said, there's too many posts to look through them all!!!

A simple ability to see the average of players chose, like how it appears in Microsoft Excel.

I feel this will be a good way to judge your teams strenghts and weaknesses especially for newer players who want to asses their team and figure out a tactic that suits the teams playing style.

A lot has been done in FM11 regarding UEFA coefficients pages, but what I would like to see in that section is overview of how other clubs from the same country are doing in Europe. It takes some time for me now to click on all clubs from the country where I am managing, that are participating in continental cups, and to see how they are progressing (and affecting coefficients).

just a small thing for those out there like me that love the FM editor

i noticed when creating a new player or editing an existing player that all of the physical attributes start of shocking and rocket up as he improves, however attibutes like pace and stamina are pretty much, you either have them or you done attributes, you will never see david bentley with 20 pace, unlike theo walcott, its a natural ability, on FM10, it was possible to have 20 pace without having to be at 200 current ability, just feel its a part that has been lost on this game, also when creating a player to have 20 on an attribute he often starts with only about 11 in his career, now if its a striker his finishing would be alot better, and maybe for bigger (taller and well built) players, should have better heading and strength attributes

and one other little thing that would go hand in hand with my last point is, players have natural ways of playing which they curb to play in a different style, micheal owen is an out and out poacher but newcastle transformed him into more of a complete striker, same with wayne rooney, was a deep lying forward and is now a complete striker, just a thing to think about

Pardon me if this has been suggested, but I skipped the first 6 400 answers in the thread. But in the hope that someone with the power reads this:

User interface for international management needs a complete renovation.

Few issues (may partly be due to me not exploring all the options available, but making it easy to learn and use shouldn't be impossible).

1. Skipping back and forth between inbox (ass man suggestions) and national pool when selecting a squad is an annoyance.

2. There should be something similar to "squad status" for national team players. Just to remind you of your previous selections. I'd say I'm very very careful and spend awful lot of time checking and re-checking and re-re-checking these sort of things, still it seems every other squad has horrible omissions. Most often I forget to recall a key player that was missing from previous squad through a ban/injury. Especially if he has low value/wage/caps which I usually use to re-re-re-check if everything is A-OK.

3. Assistant could be adjusted to act a bit differently. In relation to complaint number two: quite often I notice I haven't called up decent options for all positions. Bit annoying to notice that you have only bright red options for a certain position, say a full-back. From what I can gather, assistant suggestions are practically useless in that sense. Why can't he compare the tactic and squad before making his suggestions?

4. Where are the "Assistant reports" (star ratings) that you have in club management? Nowhere to be seen, can't even edit them into squad info as far as I can tell. And what's the point of "match reports" from assistant/coach if you can't see them all at once? They fill the inbox, and can't be collectively seen anywhere. And no thanks, I don't want to click on them each time they appear (40 or more arriving each week). And why oh why oh why you have to request match reports individually for each player? Why can't you just assign your assistant to collect match reports for all the players in the national pool (and then keep them in his locker until it's time for selection)?

these would be a start. When "national pool" arrived, it was a huge improvement to the previous system (player search + filter, which was just unusable). But I still don't find international management enjoyable.

oh, and I've also reported a bug ("other issues" seemed the best place) of players retiring just few weeks before the world cup. Which is a bit silly.

But maybe not as silly as Ivory Coast (or any nation) being happy to employ a part-time manager with a day job on different continent, as long as the part-timer is human. Which I think quite nicely sums up the position of international management in the game.

Other* than that, keep up the good work :thup:

By other, I mean match engine, great research, great idea for the game and 673 other things that make this the most addictive game there is. But on re-read that didn't quite seem a nice compliment as I'd meant.

I said this in another thread, but how about an option for complete attribute masking. So you don't even know the attributes of your own players. You could have physical data on players, like how quickly the can run 100m, how well they do running long distances, so you can have a good idea of their pace, and stamina. But for technical and mental stats, all you've got to work with is coach reports (which might need to be more in-depth for this idea to work), and watching them in games, and maybe even training reports too. I think that could add a new element of difficulty to the game for those who find it too easy, and it would also add to the realism of the game.

Couple points

• I would like to be able to become one of the managers. What I mean is instead of me creating a manager I would like to be able to take control of an existing manager. For example if I wanted to coach Chelsea and I wanted to keep it realistic so I choose to be Carlo Ancelotti. Instead of creating Carlo Ancelotti I could just be him.

I totally second that.

a better way to sort the notes in your notebook...

I have always kept copious notes on everyone and everything but in FM11 I'm trying to tone it down... reason being that it's impossible to sort notes without viewing ALL and when you have 20 years of notes on everything, and every player, every transfer bid you've made, every negotiation, every media comment, every scout report, etc etc etc... there are too effin many and the game hangs badly...

how hard can it be to have a "save as" and then be able to save notes into 'default' and 'user-defined' categories? Then to be able to open your notebook with none showing and select the category(ies) containing the ones you wish to view/sort/delete. Right now we have to open the notebook and then sort the notes, but to see notes that are 'uncategorised' we have to 'view all'! The notebook, for me, is essential to play the game properly but it's unusable in it's present format :(

The German FM community (over 4.000 users from http://meistertrainerforum.de and http://fm.onlinewelten.com) wishes to provide SI with some suggestions for upcoming FM12. We hope that our suggestions add some more quality to FM12 and we are full of hope that some suggestions can be implemented.

I. Engine + Tactics

1. Player switch his position – it should be possible to advise a player to change his position with a point on the pitch were no other player of the team is positioned. It were great, if it could be adjusted in different nuances (for example: 75%/25% - 50%/50% - 25%/75%). Means more or less more ideas for Roaming.

2. Substitutions of the CPU – The opponents should replace stricken players earlier.

3. Tacticsbutton – Gamers who play in the split screen must change to another display at the moment to change there tactics, because in the split screen is a tactics button failing.

4. An option for the standards to rotate the chosen players were fine.

5. An opportunity to choose the player who should shoot the penalty at the game (live) could be a fantastic feature.

6. Game view - At the moment i can choose between key szences, extended, whole game and commentary. So i see for example every yellow card, if I am viewing at extended. But I am not interestet in the cards! It would be nice, if we have more options to choose what we want to see. Our Idea were the oppurtunity to tick an box for szenes like yellow cards, red cards, corners - but this is only an example.

7. Player instructions - The oppurtunity to assign taktical settings to a specific player of the own squad.

8. 3D-Match acceleration - A acceleration for some scenze in the game - like injuries or replacements - were nice.

9. Automatism - Install an option that reduces the hardness of tackling automatically on every time a player have seen a yellow card.

10. Camera - A exiting new feature for the 3D-match could be a free adjustable camera.

11. Tactics creator - A great improvement for the tactical area could be the possibility to define new roles for the tactic creator. So you could use the shouts and have a greater freedom to desing your own tactics.

12. Analyse tool - The opportunity to mark more then one player at the analyse tool.

II. Ingame

1. squad training

• A possibility to create a schedule for a weekly training. These schedules should be to determine over a long term.

• Or there could be a generally classification in squad-, group- and individual training.

• A really good feedback for the training fails too. At the moment I have to click through all players to hear there opinions of the training.

2. Scouting – It is too easy to get good players for the team.

• At every scouting report, there should be only a little number of attributes visible. So every scout could be getting advantage and disadvantages (attributes he knows very well and some he has no chance to scout). The players from the league you are playing getting so more interesting, because these attributes are well known. But even with the best scout, all the attributes shouldn’t be completely visible. A scout with an ability of 10 should be see “crosses 9 – 14” and a scout with the ability of 19 should see “crosses 16 – 17”.

3. Attribute limitation

• Because of the new editor some countries get more leagues. So a limitation of 20 for Attributes is relatively small. It could be possibly to expand the limitation to 25 or 30.

4. Team speech – It’s the same sentences for years now. My players must think I can only speak these 7 sentences.

• More differences were preferable. For example: “keep the box clean”: All defensive attributes could get better (+8%) for this game. Or „I will see you running, today!“: condition decreases (10%) faster, bravery, pressing and tackling rises (+10%).

• Or less predictable: a team speech „concern rigorously" could for example be good for aggressive players and badly for less aggressive players.

5. Trainingcamps

• It could be an effect to special attributes. The count of attributes could correlate with the term of the trainingscamp. And which attributes increase could correlate with the difference trainingscamps.

• It could be possibly to go on a short-trainings-camp if the team stays under there expectations. This could bring the team a boost of moral over a short term.

• Another possibility is to get a better sympathy in the team through a training camp. But it could even bring a dispute between players or a player and the trainer.

• It was very realistic if we can determinate friendlys against opponents from the region of the training camp.

6. Finances

• If the club gets money, because of their bad financial standing, this money could appear to the debts.

• compulsory sale. Players should set transfer listed (without declaration of a price) by the president, if the club has a very bad financial standing. Logically the players, who earn the most, must be the first getting listed.

7. Targets for clubs

• you could negotiate some conditions... e.g. reaching the national chamionship but reaching only the quarter final in the ChL (instead of winning it); when not fulfilling those negotiated targets you could get into trouble

8. Transfer negotiations

• opponent clubs should be more conciliant with your offers; it seems quite hard this FM; when an other club is making an dismissed offer, they should be reject further negotiations for several times

• there should be regional/transfer transfer priorities for single clubs like baskian clubs or "turkish clubs" in Germany

9. Contrat negotiations

• staggered contracts: you get 1,500€ pw in the first year, 2,000 pw in the 2nd year and so on (without getting promoted and so on)

• and the other way round: contract expires, when player makes not enough apps or team promotes or something similar

• wanted player should say to you: "Club XYZ offers me 2,000 pw; I'll join your club, if you offer me 2,500 pw"

• promises to players: "within 3 years you are a key player for us" etc

• you should only can offer a specific number of contracts during transfer windows (offering 20 contracts seems to be unrealistic because of blowing up the budget virtually)

• and this of course the other way round for my players, whom contracts are expiring

10. A lot of statistics are presented at the loading screen. Much of them are not interesting for me. An oportunity to choose which statistics were displayed were nice. Or the possibility to switch through the leagues in one statistic.

11. Derby/Rival matches

• media pundits should make more out of this derbies, asking hard questions, criticising players etc

12. Preferred Moves

• more of them! moves like "players dives often", "player makes scissor-move", "tries overhead kicks", "player reads the game" etc

• of course those moves should be recognisable within the 3D match engine

13. Double nationalities

• national and club managers should affect their players whether to choose a nationality or not

14. Debt redemption

• debts should be redempted in interim steps (e.g. you have millions in your balance but are still paying a little debt, so your board pays that debt off one time and not paying till the end of this loan)

15. Substitutions

• more varieties (e.g. tell players why they are substituted "you were really bad", "you've been booked and I want to save you from a red card")

• in press conferences you could be asked why you haven't put in player XYZ

16. Offset of matches

• more varieties (currently only because of bad weather conditions) e.g. too many players are out with their national team

17. Attribute changes

• maybe more independet from research and more open to chance (e.g. Ballack and Klose reaching very late such high potentials)

• maybe a fluent PA for youth players and maybe some key moments for them (e.g. gets his first league appearance for first team => handles the pressure or not...)

18. Squad roles

• key players are happy if they play only every 2nd match, that's not realistic!

19. New managers at the club (at the moment this works after the same (odd) pattern)

• managers could be engaged during a season for the following season if the other manager retires after the season (e.g. Hitzfeld, who took over Suisse atfer European Championship 2008 - this was published long before the tournament has started)

• you also could be hired as caretaker to avoid the relegation only some weeks before the end of the season

20. Expiring contracts

• player should wait for better options when their contracts are running out, they often renew their contracts to fast

• ...and the extreme: player waits and waits, but you look for other options. Then the player wants again a contract with your club but now you don't want him anymore. Bad luck.

21. Teamview for the following season(s)

• Possibility to watch the squad with all leavings and comings for the next season to make up your mind especially in tactical ways

22. Loanings

• Possibility to make loan offers just like transfer offers outside the transfer window not only within these windows (and then the loaning will be at the beginning of the transfer window)

• Possibility to loan players for more than one year

23. Youth

• Possibility to possess youth acadamies in foreign countries (e.g. in Ghana, which will provide you more Ghanaian players)

• youth teams should start below U19 (which is in reality the case), maybe something like a pool of young players (of course O16) that won't play for the U19. maybe something like player stops playing football and you are trying to convince him of playing professional football

• youth tournaments for youth club teams are missing!

• an overview for the development of youth players by your assistant manager every second month or so

24. Friendlies

• charity matches or something similar for well deserved players (people like Oliver Kahn)

25. Longtime motivation

• there could be some longterm aims for clubs (e.g. win the Champions League with Bayern within the next 5 years or promote to next division within the next 3 years)

• comparison to other managers worldwide

• list of the best paid managers

26. International Games

• player performance should count more (e.g. Podolski should be withdrawn from Germany if he had a weak season)

• players should declare their Int retirement due to having issues with the national manager (who of course should also not be his club manager)

27. Statistics

• players with the most league appearances and goals (within their carrier and not only per season)

• possibility to view standings from a season for match day to match day (e.g. want to know how the standings have been at the 15th match day after meanwhile played 30 league matches)

• UEFA 5 years League coefficient should be viewed not only for the current season but for the last 5 years too

• The sort of goal could appear somewhere in the statistics (for example: header)

• An individually design for the table were nice. With coloured withdrawals for the CL and EL etc. Also it were nice, if we could see the table only from the 12. matchday to the 22. matchday (for example).

• the eternal table

28. Player conflicts

• there should be more conflicts between players (e.g. players rant against each other or players fustigating each other a bit in training)

• players should have problems with the manager in some cases

• foreign players could group together within a squad and get frustrated if one of them gets sold

29. Player personalities

• some more personalities like greedy (wants even more salary), unfair (player uses often dangerous tackles or often gives someone a clout), arrogant (e.g. likes to play out another 3 of his opponents or... C Ronaldo ^^), happy nature (moral can't drop below a specific value), "managers favourite" etc.

30. Injuries

• they are running far to easy, there should be some more complications like a further operation after an injury

• after reaching the age of 28, a player should in some cases loose his attributes drastically after an injury or even has to end his carrier

31. There could be a press conference at the end of a coaching job.

32. Transfer rumours

• who are those guys rumoured? often you hear from people that you haven't heard before

• there should be more players rumoured which are on your short list or which have been scouted by you

33. Beginning of the game

• The oppotunity to select more then one spoken language for the manager at the beginning of the game (from basic knowlege to perfect).

Other categories

1. Sound

• needs to be improved, sounds still very odd

• fan sounds/chants should be easily implemented, maybe an editor for those sounds?

• spoken match comment or only some half-time talks or spoken intermediate results

• ChL melody right in front of a ChL-match (but should be optional) or sounds for scoring goals

2. Difficulty

• should be difficult like in previous managers

• marching through the ligues without great problems should be even for "progamers" nearly impossible (at the moment it is a bit to easy)

3. Game speed

• it is really fast now, but there are maybe some possibilities to fasten it even more

4. Scenario mode

• e.g. take over a club and win the title within 8 games left and 6 points behind the leader

5. More first and surnames

• Especially in Germany should be a greater variety of surnames, maybe it can be solved with a specific percentage?

6. Award pictures (like in Steam this time)

• after winning a title, there should appear a nice picture of the trophy within a news or something similar

7. Reserve teams

• Possibility only to manage the second teams in Germany (currently you can only manage the first AND the reserve team)

8. German language

• would be nice if this could get official once again

9. FM sale

• would be awesome if we here in German speaking countries could buy the FM again without problems

10. There could be a possibility to deselect some leagues or countries. So the game could be getting faster and much gamer mustn’t start a new game, when the save begins to slow down.

11. Import of save games

• To import the save game from FM 2011 to FM 2012 - this ist surly difficult to implement, but it were an exiting new feature!

There is a lot of complaining about teamtalks and press conferences. Why not give FM-ers the option to enable or disable press-conferences and/or teamtalks? Then the player can decide if he wants this feature in a particular game. If disabled, it should be disabled completely, so not automatically assistent taking care. Press conferences and teamtalks should not play any role if disabled. Give gamers their own choice!

- It would be nice if you could assign your scouts to clubs

- You can let your players focus on improving one skill. How about improving the weaker foot?

- I agree with Octavianus that a larger variety of surnames would be nice. Not only for Germany but in general. Maybe one could externalise these surname-files so the user community could edit them

- Custom views: I would like to have a column where I can enter my own notes about a player. And then be able to sort the views by this notes-column :thup:

- sound: It would be great if the fans would sound different, depending on the attendance level.

E.g. It would add much to the feeling of a lower league manager if you heard distinguishable voices during matches.

1) Transfer system. Specifically the method of payment for a transfer.

I would like to see option at the "Start up page" where you can uncheck boxes that allow 48, 36 and 24 month payment for a transfer fee.

I personally would uncheck the boxes for 48 and 36 months so only 24 month option can be used by both Human and AI controlled teams.

I have started many games with the intention of not using the long term payment option (I feel it is nrealistic and makes the game too easy) but the AI controlled teams wont play along. They make offers for my players over 48 months which greatly afects my spending power and the buy big players off each other with this method.

As West Ham manager I can raise about 10 mil or more in season one from sales and then I can spend 40 mil or more by using 48 month payment options, this is unrealistic especially when you look at West Hams extensive debts.

2)I would like to see the board step in and stop unrealistic transfers (Fee wise) and very expensive contracts. This should only be done if the AI can detect that the transfer fee or contract will affect later finances. Also, giving a player 75k a week may mean a pay rise for players on 30k a week and top earner clauses in their contracts, the board should maybe consider interfeing in the contract negotiations in these circumstances.

3) I would like to see more info on "Home Grown" and "Trained at club"/"Trained in nation" on a players profile before I buy him.

I would like to know if he will become home grown ETC and a warning should be given if I try to loan a player out if the loan will stop him being "Trained at club"

4)Instead of "next available" date in the propsed transfer page, can it not show the actual propsed date before confirming the agreement?

Ive made a few errors with this issue and ended up waiting a year for a player to come (Possibly missing out on home grown status).

5)If a transfer is agreed with a payment plan, say 24 months, I should get half the money directly into my transfer kitty imediately (Less any percentage the club take) and then the second year, I should get the remainder added to my next transfer kitty.

The same should be true in reverse for players I buy using a payment plan. Each year, the payments should come out of any tranfer kitty I am awarded. If the payments excede the kitty, then I recieve £0 tranfer funds. I should continue to have no transfer funds until the payments are no longer higher than the kitty the club wish to award me.

A seperate number in brackest next to the transfer kitty on the accounts page, should be shown so as to indicate my current payment comitments,

6)I should have the ability to go to the press and complain about an agent or a player if a tranfer negotiation goes badly.

If a transfer is cancelled because I cant pay the 2.4 mil fee the agent is asking for, I should be able to voice my anger at this in the media. Maybe then, if the player involved wanted to move to my club badly, he would sack his agent and employ a less agressive one, this may or may not allow the transfer to go through.

I could also complain about a geedy player which may stop rival clubs bidding for him. Obviously, if I lie that the player was greedy, there could be some negative backlash from the football community, maybe even being hauled up before the FA on disrepute charges.

7) When going on holiday before a registraion period, it would be good if the AI did not register the max players allowed unless there were the max amoutn of players in the squad. And the AI should not register U21's unless necessary for the home grown issue. I have lost players inelidgeable for half a season because of the dumb AI registering 5 or 6 U21' needlesly.

8) More realistic fan reaction to results please. My team are 10 to 1 to win away at Man UTD and they are 10 to 1 on favorites to win.

We put in a great battling defensive display but lose to an 85th minute Rooney winner.

The fans are unhappy??? A little more positives from them would be more realistic. Something like, the fans are disapointed to lose to a late goal after a good defensive display. Ofcourse, if it's a bad display, then the fans should say so.

But I get some very starnge reaction to good results or games where we lose as big underdogs.

9) Agent offering players. Im really bored with this feature, its a real pain. I switched it off.

Cant we have a filter type thing where we let it be know we are looking for a player in a certain age range who plays in a certain position and commands a certain transfer fee? Like a filter thing, then the agents will only bother us with transfers we may actually be interested in.

10) I recently noticed that not all players in your first team squad have "Won the Prem" in their profile if they did not play in the right amount of games during the championship winning season. I am led to believe that the Prem bosses actually award 21 medals to a club and if only 18 players qualify for them, the other 3 can be issued to other players... I may be wrong on that, but thats what i read.

Cant we bring this in to FM so we can give more players medals for their "Profiles"? I recently won the Prem in one of my saves and only 14 players actually have it mentioned in their profiles.

11) I think a good addition to FM would be being able to train players to specific duties. I would like to train my Attacking midfielder (Right) to be an inside forward or my Defensive Midfielder to be a box to box player. This could be done in the same way as you have done the "Focussed" training on specific stats.

The duty training could be fixed at 10% of the training workload as with "Focus".

Some players may or may not react badly to a duty training schedule and/or train slowly. Others could train fast, Im sure a formula would be easy to come up with.

12)I would like to be able to issue specific instructions to specific players during a game from the sidelibnes.

My Assman often informs me, as a game progresses, that Joe Bloggs is miss placing lots of his short passes today or John Smith is looking complacent but I can do little about the problem.

13) I would like to have the oportunity to raise squad moral with golf days. racing days, mid season breaks ECT. My Assman should inform me when our schedule allows for such a day out/break. Ofcourse this can backfire if you have a squad that dont get on together or have a lot of diferent language/cultural diferences, so the function shouldn't be over used in the early days of squad developmnet.

14) When my scouts have reported back on a player, it should be possible for him to show me what he considers to be the value of any propsed transfer on the actual shortlist page. This way, I dont have to keep clicking back and forth between shortlisted players to see what kind of money Im going to need to spend. The fee could be put next to the coaches "Star" award for each player.

This would be much easier for filtering out players I cannot afford.

15) I would like to see a coaches best training catogory on his profile, some are obvious, some not so.

Ill think of some more later ;)

;6303115']The German FM community (over 4.000 users from http://meistertrainerforum.de and http://fm.onlinewelten.com) wishes to provide SI with some suggestions for upcoming FM12. We hope that our suggestions add some more quality to FM12 and we are full of hope that some suggestions can be implemented.

I. Engine + Tactics

1. Player switch his position – it should be possible to advise a player to change his position with a point on the pitch were no other player of the team is positioned. It were great' date=' if it could be adjusted in different nuances (for example: 75%/25% - 50%/50% - 25%/75%). Means more or less more ideas for Roaming.

2. Substitutions of the CPU – The opponents should replace stricken players earlier.

3. Tacticsbutton – Gamers who play in the split screen must change to another display at the moment to change there tactics, because in the split screen is a tactics button failing.

4. An option for the standards to rotate the chosen players were fine.

5. An opportunity to choose the player who should shoot the penalty at the game (live) could be a fantastic feature.

6. Game view - At the moment i can choose between key szences, extended, whole game and commentary. So i see for example every yellow card, if I am viewing at extended. But I am not interestet in the cards! It would be nice, if we have more options to choose what we want to see. Our Idea were the oppurtunity to tick an box for szenes like yellow cards, red cards, corners - but this is only an example.

7. Player instructions - The oppurtunity to assign taktical settings to a specific player of the own squad.

8. 3D-Match acceleration - A acceleration for some scenze in the game - like injuries or replacements - were nice.

9. Automatism - Install an option that reduces the hardness of tackling automatically on every time a player have seen a yellow card.

10. Camera - A exiting new feature for the 3D-match could be a free adjustable camera.

11. Tactics creator - A great improvement for the tactical area could be the possibility to define new roles for the tactic creator. So you could use the shouts and have a greater freedom to desing your own tactics.

12. Analyse tool - The opportunity to mark more then one player at the analyse tool.

II. Ingame

1. squad training

• A possibility to create a schedule for a weekly training. These schedules should be to determine over a long term.

• Or there could be a generally classification in squad-, group- and individual training.

• A really good feedback for the training fails too. At the moment I have to click through all players to hear there opinions of the training.

2. Scouting – It is too easy to get good players for the team.

• At every scouting report, there should be only a little number of attributes visible. So every scout could be getting advantage and disadvantages (attributes he knows very well and some he has no chance to scout). The players from the league you are playing getting so more interesting, because these attributes are well known. But even with the best scout, all the attributes shouldn’t be completely visible. A scout with an ability of 10 should be see “crosses 9 – 14” and a scout with the ability of 19 should see “crosses 16 – 17”.

3. Attribute limitation

• Because of the new editor some countries get more leagues. So a limitation of 20 for Attributes is relatively small. It could be possibly to expand the limitation to 25 or 30.

4. Team speech – It’s the same sentences for years now. My players must think I can only speak these 7 sentences.

• More differences were preferable. For example: “keep the box clean”: All defensive attributes could get better (+8%) for this game. Or „I will see you running, today!“: condition decreases (10%) faster, bravery, pressing and tackling rises (+10%).

• Or less predictable: a team speech „concern rigorously" could for example be good for aggressive players and badly for less aggressive players.

5. Trainingcamps

• It could be an effect to special attributes. The count of attributes could correlate with the term of the trainingscamp. And which attributes increase could correlate with the difference trainingscamps.

• It could be possibly to go on a short-trainings-camp if the team stays under there expectations. This could bring the team a boost of moral over a short term.

• Another possibility is to get a better sympathy in the team through a training camp. But it could even bring a dispute between players or a player and the trainer.

• It was very realistic if we can determinate friendlys against opponents from the region of the training camp.

6. Finances

• If the club gets money, because of their bad financial standing, this money could appear to the debts.

• compulsory sale. Players should set transfer listed (without declaration of a price) by the president, if the club has a very bad financial standing. Logically the players, who earn the most, must be the first getting listed.

7. Targets for clubs

• you could negotiate some conditions... e.g. reaching the national chamionship but reaching only the quarter final in the ChL (instead of winning it); when not fulfilling those negotiated targets you could get into trouble

8. Transfer negotiations

• opponent clubs should be more conciliant with your offers; it seems quite hard this FM; when an other club is making an dismissed offer, they should be reject further negotiations for several times

• there should be regional/transfer transfer priorities for single clubs like baskian clubs or "turkish clubs" in Germany

9. Contrat negotiations

• staggered contracts: you get 1,500€ pw in the first year, 2,000 pw in the 2nd year and so on (without getting promoted and so on)

• and the other way round: contract expires, when player makes not enough apps or team promotes or something similar

• wanted player should say to you: "Club XYZ offers me 2,000 pw; I'll join your club, if you offer me 2,500 pw"

• promises to players: "within 3 years you are a key player for us" etc

• you should only can offer a specific number of contracts during transfer windows (offering 20 contracts seems to be unrealistic because of blowing up the budget virtually)

• and this of course the other way round for my players, whom contracts are expiring

10. A lot of statistics are presented at the loading screen. Much of them are not interesting for me. An oportunity to choose which statistics were displayed were nice. Or the possibility to switch through the leagues in one statistic.

11. Derby/Rival matches

• media pundits should make more out of this derbies, asking hard questions, criticising players etc

12. Preferred Moves

• more of them! moves like "players dives often", "player makes scissor-move", "tries overhead kicks", "player reads the game" etc

• of course those moves should be recognisable within the 3D match engine

13. Double nationalities

• national and club managers should affect their players whether to choose a nationality or not

14. Debt redemption

• debts should be redempted in interim steps (e.g. you have millions in your balance but are still paying a little debt, so your board pays that debt off one time and not paying till the end of this loan)

15. Substitutions

• more varieties (e.g. tell players why they are substituted "you were really bad", "you've been booked and I want to save you from a red card")

• in press conferences you could be asked why you haven't put in player XYZ

16. Offset of matches

• more varieties (currently only because of bad weather conditions) e.g. too many players are out with their national team

17. Attribute changes

• maybe more independet from research and more open to chance (e.g. Ballack and Klose reaching very late such high potentials)

• maybe a fluent PA for youth players and maybe some key moments for them (e.g. gets his first league appearance for first team => handles the pressure or not...)

18. Squad roles

• key players are happy if they play only every 2nd match, that's not realistic!

19. New managers at the club (at the moment this works after the same (odd) pattern)

• managers could be engaged during a season for the following season if the other manager retires after the season (e.g. Hitzfeld, who took over Suisse atfer European Championship 2008 - this was published long before the tournament has started)

• you also could be hired as caretaker to avoid the relegation only some weeks before the end of the season

20. Expiring contracts

• player should wait for better options when their contracts are running out, they often renew their contracts to fast

• ...and the extreme: player waits and waits, but you look for other options. Then the player wants again a contract with your club but now you don't want him anymore. Bad luck.

21. Teamview for the following season(s)

• Possibility to watch the squad with all leavings and comings for the next season to make up your mind especially in tactical ways

22. Loanings

• Possibility to make loan offers just like transfer offers outside the transfer window not only within these windows (and then the loaning will be at the beginning of the transfer window)

• Possibility to loan players for more than one year

23. Youth

• Possibility to possess youth acadamies in foreign countries (e.g. in Ghana, which will provide you more Ghanaian players)

• youth teams should start below U19 (which is in reality the case), maybe something like a pool of young players (of course O16) that won't play for the U19. maybe something like player stops playing football and you are trying to convince him of playing professional football

• youth tournaments for youth club teams are missing!

• an overview for the development of youth players by your assistant manager every second month or so

24. Friendlies

• charity matches or something similar for well deserved players (people like Oliver Kahn)

25. Longtime motivation

• there could be some longterm aims for clubs (e.g. win the Champions League with Bayern within the next 5 years or promote to next division within the next 3 years)

• comparison to other managers worldwide

• list of the best paid managers

26. International Games

• player performance should count more (e.g. Podolski should be withdrawn from Germany if he had a weak season)

• players should declare their Int retirement due to having issues with the national manager (who of course should also not be his club manager)

27. Statistics

• players with the most league appearances and goals (within their carrier and not only per season)

• possibility to view standings from a season for match day to match day (e.g. want to know how the standings have been at the 15th match day after meanwhile played 30 league matches)

• UEFA 5 years League coefficient should be viewed not only for the current season but for the last 5 years too

• The sort of goal could appear somewhere in the statistics (for example: header)

• An individually design for the table were nice. With coloured withdrawals for the CL and EL etc. Also it were nice, if we could see the table only from the 12. matchday to the 22. matchday (for example).

• the eternal table

28. Player conflicts

• there should be more conflicts between players (e.g. players rant against each other or players fustigating each other a bit in training)

• players should have problems with the manager in some cases

• foreign players could group together within a squad and get frustrated if one of them gets sold

29. Player personalities

• some more personalities like greedy (wants even more salary), unfair (player uses often dangerous tackles or often gives someone a clout), arrogant (e.g. likes to play out another 3 of his opponents or... C Ronaldo ^^), happy nature (moral can't drop below a specific value), "managers favourite" etc.

30. Injuries

• they are running far to easy, there should be some more complications like a further operation after an injury

• after reaching the age of 28, a player should in some cases loose his attributes drastically after an injury or even has to end his carrier

31. There could be a press conference at the end of a coaching job.

32. Transfer rumours

• who are those guys rumoured? often you hear from people that you haven't heard before

• there should be more players rumoured which are on your short list or which have been scouted by you

33. Beginning of the game

• The oppotunity to select more then one spoken language for the manager at the beginning of the game (from basic knowlege to perfect).

Other categories

1. Sound

• needs to be improved, sounds still very odd

• fan sounds/chants should be easily implemented, maybe an editor for those sounds?

• spoken match comment or only some half-time talks or spoken intermediate results

• ChL melody right in front of a ChL-match (but should be optional) or sounds for scoring goals

2. Difficulty

• marching through the ligues without great problems should be even for "progamers" nearly impossible (at the moment it is a bit to easy)

3. Game speed

• it is really fast now, but there are maybe some possibilities to fasten it even more

4. Scenario mode

• e.g. take over a club and win the title within 8 games left and 6 points behind the leader

5. More first and surnames

• Especially in Germany should be a greater variety of surnames, maybe it can be solved with a specific percentage?

6. Award pictures (like in Steam this time)

• after winning a title, there should appear a nice picture of the trophy within a news or something similar

7. Reserve teams

• Possibility only to manage the second teams in Germany (currently you can only manage the first AND the reserve team)

8. German language

• would be nice if this could get official once again

9. FM sale

• would be awesome if we here in German speaking countries could buy the FM again without problems

10. There could be a possibility to deselect some leagues or countries. So the game could be getting faster and much gamer mustn’t start a new game, when the save begins to slow down.

11. Import of save games

• To import the save game from FM 2011 to FM 2012 - this ist surly difficult to implement, but it were an exiting new feature!

Have to say this is a really well thought-out collective response. I do hope SI pay attention to your list when they draw up a list of priorities for FM12.

Better attribute masking! Or at least possibility to choose it on a larger scale. IRL you wouldn't know every players all 36 visible attributes just by scouting him once max twice as it's very hard for managers to know their own players good enough. Maybe excluding high reputation and world class stars. For example consistency can be found out only by playing players! It's just too easy to build a great team in the current version of FM IMO...

Scouting and using star ratings doesn't really matter either as it's mostly the attributes that matter how good a player really is. You should really scout a player for lots of matches and training periods(at least 10 I think) to get his all attributes visible. I think star rating and attributes could be made better by kinda merging them.

First a scout should give you very overall picture of a player maybe with some star rating(not exact of course) and a few key attributes for his playing positions which might not be totally accurate of course! To get a full picture of player's ability they should be kept scouted for a longer period or just bought(which wouldn't actually brought out his full attributes but only after a few weeks training) so there would be much more hits of misses which actually happens in the transfers markets a lot IRL. At the moment it's very easy to find very good players who instantly fits in very well

;6303115']

2. Difficulty

What?More difficult?Do you think everyone has 12+ hours a day to tweak tactics?No way!

Archived