dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did it! After 3 hours of reloading, I've finally got my local club Oxford City! :D

If that's how excited I feel after actually starting the game, I can't wait to find out how it feels after European glory.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5287/edsmith.png

With a media prediction of 22nd, no transfer budget, just 2 members of staff and a minimal wage budget, this season's going to be tough, but I ambitiously told the board I'd avoid relegation.

Our team's of a fairly mixed standard - our goalie's 50 years old, our defence is surprisingly strong, the highlight of midfield is a very good (for the BSS) AMRLC, and our attack definitely needs improving, except an unbelievably good striker I found in the reserves. The less said about the under 18s the better.

Here we go!

Relegated at the first attempt with Hucknall. :(

Unlucky. Well someone had to be the first to be relegated from this challenge, and I'm happy it isn't me for a change.

I currently have saves available for AFC Hornchurch, Billericay, Canvey Island, Horsham, Tooting, Oxford City, FC United, Kendal and Marine (950 rep). If anyone is interested give me a shout, and I will upload.

I will be playing this at some point, I'm sure. I want to play a major career game with Arsenal (see "Call for Assistance" in Careers Forum if you're interested) for now, but eventually I will do. Have fun everyone, this is an awesome challenge. Shame there's no tracking website this year, daf, how come?

Hi Guys I only found dafuge's challenge about 4 weeks ago and although I started a 2009 game I felt it a bit too late to post onthe 2009 thread. I decided to wait for FM2010 and have been looking forward to starting this challenge. So the patch is downloading now and then holidaying will begin. Good luck everyone.

The Backroom advice screen is proving more useful than I thought it would, my staff (when I finally got some) have recommended several players who are good and willing to come to the club :cool:

I'm also in the process of signing most of Celtic and Rangers youngster who they have released, I was quite surprised any of them wanted to sign for me.

Anyone with a Billericay save yet?! :)

I'm playing as Billericay, took me an absolute age to get them to come up. I don't have a save game from before I took over, the only one I have is the one on the 24th of June. There's not much point me uploading it because you yourself could spend ages reloading, which would be a bit pointless. I think Gibster said that he/she has one though.

Unlucky. Well someone had to be the first to be relegated from this challenge, and I'm happy it isn't me for a change.

I currently have saves available for AFC Hornchurch, Billericay, Canvey Island, Horsham, Tooting, Oxford City, FC United, Kendal and Marine (950 rep). If anyone is interested give me a shout, and I will upload.

Gilb, would love a Kendal save if you would please mate? :thup:

I'm playing as Billericay, took me an absolute age to get them to come up. I don't have a save game from before I took over, the only one I have is the one on the 24th of June. There's not much point me uploading it because you yourself could spend ages reloading, which would be a bit pointless. I think Gibster said that he/she has one though.

I really don't know how that's ended up in here, apologies everyone.

EDIT: That was in response to the OTF Cricket thread, as the above post ended up in there apparently posted by Nick_Giff :D

Like I said, board's being a bit funny today.

If you could upload Tooting that would be great.:thup:

Dibond - Nuneaton Town 2010-2011

Just a pre-season update for anyone who is interested. :thup:

As far as transfers go, I had to pick up quite a few new players in order to "strengthen" my weak squad. Transfers In

And then for my friendly fixtures. Well, let's just say that I had to face 3 league sides, as none of them went very well at all. My team really found it hard to get chances on goal, much less score anything. Pre-season Friendlies

I swear there's about 3/6 clubs getting promoted into my leagues.

I know what you mean. Nuneaton, Boston, Sutton and Carshalton seem to come up almost every time. Then Dartford, Merthyr, Tonbridge Hednesford or Farnborough take the spare places or the occasional place of one of the first four. As for other teams I've had Bradford PA once, Biller-whats-it once, maidstone once and tonbridge twice.

Archived