dafuge's FM10 challenge

Quick question, is anybody's board allowing them to scout France????

I swear everything was set-up as required but have noticed anyone else mention this yet.

Yeah, mine is and I set up proper. Might be due to the close proximity to France for Hornchurch. Jump on the District Line, get to Waterloo and bang you're in France. Well that's what my scout tells me he'll be doing.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 2010/11 Review - Kingstonian in the Blue Square South

League Table

Past Positions

Didn't quite find the players I wanted during pre-season, but we held a pretty stable mid-table position for the initial half of the season. With complete disregard for the club's finances I still continued signing players, and eventually with a bit more talent on the field mighty Kingstonian sailed up into the coveted playoff spots. :thup: Never looked back since.

FA Cup | FA Trophy

These cup runs were pretty important to keeping the balance sheets in the black, but other than that I can't say we managed anything spectacular. The League 2 sides knocked us out with ease.

Squad

Changed a lot over the season, but Carl Asaba was a highlight from day one, joining on a free transfer aftering leaving Millwall. How Kingstonian seemed like a good career choice to him is still beyond me, but I'm certainly not complaining. Later in the season came Falkingham, Hand, Keltie and Coulson, forming a strong backbone I could rely on.

Finances

Down with the initial signings, up with the cup runs, down when the cup money dried up. :o We'll probably end the season in red; I really need to offload some players to get the (well within budget) wage bill down.

Transfers

Should hopefully quiet down a bit next season.

Now I unfortunately need to head out, but playoff time when I get back tonight. :)

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2019/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    4th       -

Would holidaying another season improve the chances of getting Margate prómoted???

I can't be bothered to reload anymore (last count: 128 reloads).

I think I will manage Canvey Island. They popped up for the 1st time in the last reload - If Margate should appear sometime within the 1st two seasons - I'll just switch.

Well - I'm off to build a CL-winning team :)

Just into September with FC United. So far, so good. Got a ton of players from Rangers and Celtic. The real star is most definitely James Keatings, 4 goals in 5, very pleased. In my first 5 games I won 2 and drew 3, and am currently sitting in 5th place. Hoping to go on for the play-offs and hopefully sneak my way into Blue Square Premier.

Table

Transfers

Would holidaying another season improve the chances of getting Margate prómoted???

I can't be bothered to reload anymore (last count: 128 reloads).

I think I will manage Canvey Island. They popped up for the 1st time in the last reload - If Margate should appear sometime within the 1st two seasons - I'll just switch.

Well - I'm off to build a CL-winning team :)

Have tried holidaying through another season but despite this the lowest rep team i got after 50+ reloads was Marine (950). Anything lower than 900 would be very unlikely by the looks of it.:(

Question - what does everyone think of mutual termination? I've currently brought in a few new strikers, leaving my previous one's redundant. No one wants to loan or buy them (even for free), so in order to limit money being spent on wages, I was thinking of terminating their contracts. Are there any disadvantages of this?

Back from holiday (the real life kind) now, kinda sucks that no on has gotten Truro yet but then again my new computer has not arrived although FM10 has, am undecided if I should bother installing it on this PC only to have to transfer over the save file in under a weeks time.........

Back from holiday (the real life kind) now, kinda sucks that no on has gotten Truro yet but then again my new computer has not arrived although FM10 has, am undecided if I should bother installing it on this PC only to have to transfer over the save file in under a weeks time.........

Truro are looking really unlikely to come up after the first season as they are to be promoted from the same league as Nuneaton who come up every time, due to their large rep.

I have stuck FM10 on this computer, as I didnt want to wait til Nov 18th at earliest to get my new laptop. Shame my family have now arrived back from holiday and will give me very little game time in next few weeks since its their computer.

Well my PC should have been here by now but I've since been told Monday/Tuesday although am starting to doubt that annoyingly, plus FM10 is staring at me and asking me to install it >.<

It sucks they have such a poor reputation in the game as they don't have one in real life and that several of us could miss out on the team we want due to an error.

Question - what does everyone think of mutual termination? I've currently brought in a few new strikers, leaving my previous one's redundant. No one wants to loan or buy them (even for free), so in order to limit money being spent on wages, I was thinking of terminating their contracts. Are there any disadvantages of this?

Sometimes the players will ask for a fee to terminate their contracts. But players who are keen to leave are generally willing to accept. There aren't any disadvantages really, aside from potentially upsetting other players.

after Prt Screening i cant find the picture anywere, any help?

Printscreen is a one time deal, think of it as a copy and paste, you need to take one then alt+tab and paste it to paint or whatever, then save it, then do the next one.

Archived