dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My King's Lynn side are on the final stretch now. 37 games gone and we are 3rd, 4 points off the top two teams Nuneaton and Southport, 5 points clear of 6th. Our form is shaky, a few injuries in defence has led to a few frustrating games where we have dropped points. We were top at one point, although we only really deserve a playoff place. But i'd happily take an undeserved automatic promotion!

Billericay Town, Season 1, 2009-10 - Blue Square South

Finished - 18th

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

'Team of 2009-10' (not to be confused with the shambolic AI team of the year, although tbf apart from 2 players there's was the same).

GK - Andy Walker, 29, English

DR - Wayne Semanshia, 22, English

DL - Ashley Dumas, 23, English

DC - Phil Stevenson, 19, English

DC - Paul Johnson, 19, English

MR - Danny Stockhall, 22, English

ML - Chris Sullivan, 23, English

MC - Drew Rhodes, 19, English

MC - Michael Shinn, 26, English

ST - Billy Bricknell, 19, English

ST - George Bowerman, 19, English

Career History

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season   League   Pos    F.A         LC    JPT     FAT     EL   CL   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10   BSS     18th   4th Q.Rnd   N/A   N/A   1st Rnd   N/A  N/A   None

Key:

League: Current Division

Pos: Position

Pre: Predicted Position

F.A: F.A Cup

LC: League Cup

JPT: Johnstone's Paint Trophy

FAT: F.A Trophy

EL: Europa League

CL: Champions League

-

Season Summary -

As this was my first season in the challenge, as well as the division, this season was nothing more than a transitional phase. Going into the club I knew absolutely nobody, apart from Billy Bricknell and Jamie Dormer, who I remembered from this stage of last year's challenge. The only aim I had was to survive in the division, and despite not winning many games, drawing 17 of them was what made sure we survived. Since it was a transitional phase, I didn't really have a 'first 11', as near enough every new signing broke into the first team immediately.

Due to Setanta's timely bankruptcy, there were only 2 Cups for us to take part in this season, The FA Cup and the FA Trophy. The latter I didn't really cared about and played fringe players, we got past the first match, but the second game was where the fringe met their match and lost 2-0. The FA Cup though, was of course very important due to the potentially large financial rewards in the 'later' rounds. The first 2 games were against lower division opposition, both of these teams were beaten 2-1. In the next round however we drew Blue Square Premier side Grays, who were too strong for us and we lost 2-0.

With all this taken into account, what can we hope for next season? Well with the 'transitional phase' near enough finished, I now have a good idea of who my first choice are. As you can see by the 'best 11' I chose, I have a young squad, so bringing in some experienced players on freebies is definitely something I am looking to do. Apart from that, and the inevitable summer clear-out, I am looking forward to my next season, in the Blue Square North. Even though I'll have a better team, it will still be interesting to see if I do significantly better in the Northern division than I did this season down South.

-

Top 10's

Overall Appearances for the club

------------------------
Name               Apps
------------------------

Andy Walker        45
Jamie Dormer       43
Wayne Semanshia    41
Michael Shinn      38
Ian Cousins        36
Ashley Dumas       34
Chris Sullivan     25
George Bowerman    23
Ian Wiles          23
Billy Bricknell    22

Overall Assists for the club

------------------------
Name Assists
------------------------

Jamie Dormer 10
Billy Bricknell 6
Michael Shinn 5
Chris Sullivan 4
Ryan Bowman 3
Russell Pond 3
George Bowerman 2
James Wood 2
Mitchell Simms 2
Wayne Semanshia 1

Overall Goals for the club

------------------------
Name Goals
------------------------

James Baker 8
George Bowerman 7
Billy Bricknell 6
Michael Shinn 6
Chris Sullivan 6
Jamie Dormer 3
Jo Flack 3
Mitchell Simms 2
Phil Stevenson 2
Ryan Bowman 1

I believe I have the dubious honour of being the first one relegated twice with 2 different sides in this years challenge. Canvey Island earlier today, and now Horsham.

This is a worse start than normal even for me to one of these challenges but never mind. Will be back with a new team shortly. Might holiday the end of this season to the reset date and see if anything interesting comes up that I could take over.

Starting my re-load again, hoping for FC United or Kendal (Local Team) I always have problems getting players though, I go into the season with a squad of about 14 players because I cant find the right people, am i being to fussy? is it more about the tactics when your at the bottom of the pile?

Hi finally got the patch to download and have holidayed. I am now the proud manager of Farnborough. I have saved my manager profile and uploaded to Photobucket but I do not know how to get it in this post as a link. Can anyone help?

Billericay Town, Season 1, 2009-10 - Blue Square South

Finished - 18th

:thup:congratz on staying up. maybe next season you could even sneak a playoff place with a few decent signings

also great season report, very detailed, i like it :)

Pre-Season Freindlies: Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 2; Won both games 2:0 against Radcliffe Boro and Port Talbot, Drew 1-1 with Chorley we scored last minute goal :), Lost both games 2:1 against Kettering and Abbey Hey

Hi finally got the patch to download and have holidayed. I am now the proud manager of Farnborough. I have saved my manager profile and uploaded to Photobucket but I do not know how to get it in this post as a link. Can anyone help?

Great some one else playing with boro :thup:

you need to get the direct link to the image.copy and paste it

Well my keeper has just earned me a replay in the FA Cup First Round, we somehow managed to grab a 1-1 draw against Carlisle without even having a shot on target - my goal

was a deflected shot that went in off the post and went down as an own goal :D

It also earned me £30K that'll pay the wages for a month.

EDIT: The fans have just told me they are disappointed with a draw against League Two Carlisle :rolleyes:

My Manager profile http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/Martvb60/MBlackman.jpg I see others dont have such a long title but i have done the best I can with it.Hi Rattlesnake I thought I would try my hand at a local team to me. Had a bit of success with them in FM09 not sure if I will be able to repeat it but I will enjoy having a go. Godd luck with your game.

Archived