dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good news and some bad news to end the night with:

Good - two 3-0 wins against Thurrock and Havant, and a draw against Forest Green have taken us up to 6th in the league.

Bad - my only DMC, the player my whole tactic revolves around, is out injured for 5 weeks. Plus I still don't have a decent striker to partner Lee Steele (but if he can keep up his current form that shouldn't matter too much).

In addition to techniques already mentioned... It's also pretty useful for poor sides to search for players with a value of £0. This will cover all players out of contract and players still at clubs who are available for free. It's also worth bidding nothing on low valued players, teams often sell them just to save their wage budget.

I'm sure all us regular Dafuge's challengers have so many systems for rooting out obscure players that we don't even realise!

The first thing I tried to do was sign Kyle Wilson, but his side wanted £12k for him :(

Nantwich - October 2010

I figure ten games in is as good a place as any to finish for the night.

It's been a busy three months - 22 players have been signed, three of them on loan and 13 shipped out, rather telling is that my first signing Marlon Beresford was given 4.5 starts upon signing, he now only rates 2 stars. I also have 6 Scottish players, which I'm pretty sure is more than I had in total on FM09 at FC United.

We didn't get off to the best of starts in the league drawing to a Gainsborough side managed by Brian Little - new Striker Fitzharris scored on his debut, but then got sent off, and to make matters worse Gainsborough's goal came in the 89th minute. The second game didn't go to well either as we lost to newly promoted Bradford PA 2-0, not helped by my first choice strikers being suspended and injured.

Though we finally found our feet winning our next three games in a row, before Stafford held us to a draw thanks to a wonder strike, we followed that game with a win over Droylsden before falling to 10 man Hinckley 2-1 (rather annoying I had beaten 10 man Hinckley 2-1 before the game crashed on me).

That leaves us third in the league after eight games with 14 pts behind Ilkeston (16pts) and newly promoted Merthyr who have 22pts, having won 7 and drawn just once so far, hopefully they cannot keep that up for the rest of the season.

Our other two games were in the FA Cup, in the 2nd Qual. round we claimed a 1-1 draw at Northwich before beating them 2-1 in the replay, will I embark on an unheard of for me FA Cup run this time around...

Photobucket is being uncooperative at the moment so I will post a profile shortly. Started as Tonbridge Angels despite their slightly elevated reputation of 1200. Been a horror start however, 2 send offs and some poor performances in my friendlies so far

Bah, it was all going so well but all of a sudden I've lost 6 in a row and am now 19th, just outside the relegation zone.

I've tweaked my tactics a bunch of times and nothing seems to work. :(

Gonna start a new 4-5-1 tactic from scratch rather than 4-4-2 to see if I can pick up a much-needed win.

Cheers Spurs, but got it on about 5th save.

Having problem with screen shot. Got brand new laptop, not familiar but every time I try a 'print screen', it prints a screen running in the background not the FM screen? Tryed the in game print, but just got a text version.

Any advice?

Cheers Spurs, but got it on about 5th save.

Having problem with screen shot. Got brand new laptop, not familiar but every time I try a 'print screen', it prints a screen running in the background not the FM screen? Tryed the in game print, but just got a text version.

Any advice?

You may have to hold a modifier button. For example, on my keyboard, I have to hold FN + PRT SC to take a screen shot.

Super Kyle Wilson?

Would anyone mind informing me why he is so 'super'.

I think it was in the FM06 challenge, Jimbokav1971 built his team around him taking him all the way to the top. He ended up becoming the top scorer in the World Cup.

dafuge, I read this in another thread - how did you delete your photobucket stuff?

I just went through and deleted them page by page.

I didn't really want to delete them but I'd rather just keep the one account. I managed to hit the maximum number of images (something like 3000).

Farnborough 2010/2011 BSS Update: 1

Dont think my Profile loaded properly yesterday so here it is again:

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/FarnboroughManagerProfile.jpg

Few pics:

Title odds: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/BSStitleodds.jpg

Transfers: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/transfers10-11.jpg

Consortium take over: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/Consortiumcompletetakeover.jpg

New Chairman: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/NewChairman.jpg

Job Safe: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/Jobsafe.jpg

Results so far: http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/Resultsaug-sep10.jpg

a farely pleasing start to the season.Surprized by my title odds.would have been happy consolidating this season but seems a promotion push is more on the cards.My front two have been on fire with a goal a game records. Was pleased to keep my job and that it wasnt a tycoon takeover.

Still doing friendlies at the moment. Has anyone else had a problem with touring. I set up a tour of Wales and two teams said no (typical) but when I tried to rejig the friendlies like usual it wouldn't let me change them through the button and I had to cancel the tour. Anyone else had this?

Also is everyone else getting the "amazing deal" news item for everyone they sign or am I just awesome?

I keep getting that news item as well, and related questions during the unveiling press conferences. Almost everyone I've bought have been free, so I guess that's why.

Coincidentally Scab, Saunders got sent off when I played Thurrock :D

Oh? Maybe worth trying to provoke him with some hard tackling the next time I face him, then. :)

I keep getting that news item as well, and related questions during the unveiling press conferences. Almost everyone I've bought have been free, so I guess that's why.

I know.

The question I love is the one where the press guy says something like "you got him for free nobody else did, is this a big coup for your club?"

I'd actually like to reply "I have no money, he was available on a free transfer. Not really."

dlnwba86 - King's Lynn

After the success of 2007, i can't resist going with King's Lynn, that and the fact i know one of there players makes it an easy choice.

I decided to predict a mid-table finish for season 1 but this feels like a step into the unknown....

Archived