The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

Hi

it could be better if you put a new slow motion for the replay and also for the flashbacks.

when the game is playing and if there is a some position that i wanna watch again. i dont wanna change my whole game speed. i just wanna change the REPLAYs speed.

any unfortunately still more clicks to find the MOM.

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't actually care for dribbling animations at this point. I just want my technical gifted players to be able to dribble past opponents, even if it means passing through them.

I just can't believe that this is still not happening in the game. This may also explain in an indirect way why there are no statistics of the runs made in the analysis tool.

Major, major disappointment.

Seriously? I've played as Tottenham and Lennon skins players every game, get the ball out wide to him and watch him go past the full back for fun (he can even cross :eek:). Modric cuts inside and beats men, Defoe beats the offside trap and goes round the keeper etc.

Even my full backs overlap and go past players. Seems strange to me having played FM2010 that others see a completely different thing to what I get.

Hi

it could be better if you put a new slow motion for the replay and also for the flashbacks.

when the game is playing and if there is a some position that i wanna watch again. i dont wanna change my whole game speed. i just wanna change the REPLAYs speed.

Thanks

You can do this. When the game starts at the bottom you can click a small button (can't remember exactly what it is called without having FM open) and this brings up a small window with both match speed and replay speed sliders.

Good work guys, the demo is a massive step up from FM 09.

Valencia is skipping round players like a man possessed on my game - so players do take people on. I've also got Silva, Jovetic on the otherside of the pitch whistling around players.

I love the feature where you have recommendations from your staff meetings - more realistic plus I now know what the hells going on. The whole game is quicker, tidier and simplier.

Loading Issues

One thing though, when my match loads it stays on the loading screen a bit too long then skips to half way through the first half. Obviously a goal up or goal down etc without me knowing or doing anything about it. Is there a way to fix this in the first patch?

Other than that there are just a few loading issues on a few pages i.e. player search - have to go back and forward to the page for it to load effectively.

Not really had time to play the demo myself yet, been reading these forums and the feedback on the game inparticular the speed, UI and match engine. Just wondered how people are finding the difficulty level this year whether it seems easier than last years?

So far looking good and speed is great, still unsure on layout as seems wierd and button completey different places to FM09 but getting used to that. Wow loads new features match analayis to how players passing, shooting etc have been in game is great.

Found a bug know, when i click view my injury list after my physio gave me a list of all the injuries in my team it took me to fixtures screen and not the list of injured players.

:( can you pls check again IOMLS. i couldnt find it.

and i dont mean highlight and goal replays. i mean when the game is goin go and if there is one offside position. and i wanna go back and watch it again. but i shoul change whole games speed every time. and when i go bak live to the game i should change the game speed again. it could be better have a one more setup for it.

Well, I didn't have a huge amount of time to play last night, only managed to get through a few friendlies, but already the differences are obvious and hugely rewarding.

The new tactics wizard was quite simply superb. I was able to set up a number of different situational variations of my tactic really quickly, then go in and just have to tweak a setting here and there. Being able to set someone up to be a 'deep lying playmaker' from the wizard rather than having to guess which sliders to manually tweak to get that behaviour really takes the pain and frustration out of the whole process. That fact that you can still go back and twiddle the sliders for fine tuning means the best of both worlds. Also, the terminology used is so in keeping with the TT&F posts that I found I understood almost everything right away. Tactics Wizard = BIG WIN!

Secondly, the touchline instructions. OMDFG, where have you been all my life?!! Being able to make substitutions and tactics changes without going to the tactics screen is a dream come true for me. The whole game really flows much MUCH better now. Being able to call out specific situational instructions like 'Hold on to the ball' or 'Exploit the flanks' and keep them there just for a few critical minutes if you need to is fantastic. Touchline Instructions = BIG WIN!

Last, I just wanted to comment on the match engine. I know I've only played a handful of matches, but three things really jump out at me:

1 - 30 yard screamers are now a rare and beautiful thing, rather than the meat & potatoes of goalscoring

2 - Forwards actually jink around and try to find space for a shot rather than either just blasting from distance and scoring improbable screamers or just blatting it straight at the keeper. They actually behave like I would expect them to.

3 - My centre backs seem much more competent, and aren't getting caught out of position or just standing staring as the opposition forwards stand in acres of space.

In summary, a few weeks back I introduced my retired dad to FM09 and had to spend a good deal of time with him showing him how everything worked. I had figured I would leave him on FM09 for quite a while and not suggest that he move to FM10, but the new features that have been added make FM10 a much more intuitive and manageable product IMO (especially little touches like highlighting the key attributes for a player depending on the role he's being asked to carry out). I'll be suggesting to him that he move over as soon FM10 is out.

After all the complaints in previous years (including my own) about the voodoo art of slider tweaking and various other problems, anyone who has ever said that SI don't listen to their fans needs to eat their hats.

Not really had time to play the demo myself yet, been reading these forums and the feedback on the game inparticular the speed, UI and match engine. Just wondered how people are finding the difficulty level this year whether it seems easier than last years?

Its both easier and harder. The ME both punishes you and rewards you on your tactical choices both good and bad. Tactics are easier to set up and the team plays as a unit better but then so does the AI:).

Whereas in previous FM's the AI used the default formations- now it uses tactics similar to our own.

:( can you pls check again IOMLS. i couldnt find it.

and i dont mean highlight and goal replays. i mean when the game is goin go and if there is one offside position. and i wanna go back and watch it again. but i shoul change whole games speed every time. and when i go bak live to the game i should change the game speed again. it could be better have a one more setup for it.

Ah, I understand what you mean now. No that doesn't exist as far as I know.

Well done SI.

It's clear that a lot of work has gone into making a great game even greater this year.

UI - Clean and clear, looks very up to date, love the tab system.

Tactics - like the option to keep it basic and be guided through the steps, or to go deeper and change more sliders.

Transfers - I'm happy that this area of the game is more difficult and more realistic. Obviously the money needed to get the better players has increased, but on FM09 I used to be able to reduce a signing on fee from say £3m to zero and the player would happily go along with it. Not any more! Glad this is sorted.

Speed - Loading times, saving times and processing times are all noticeably improved - thank you!

Backroom advice - this is potentially my favourite feature. OK, so if I am managing Man Utd i will know who is good at what, that Scholes would make a good playmaker, etc. But when managing lower league or generally any club you are unfamilar with - this is extremely useful!

And I've still not completed a full month in game yet!!

Love it. Will be waiting at Asda for the midnight release.

Once again, well done to SI and everyone behind the game.

-TV-

This is to me looking like the best Football Manager game since the brand change.

It feels just as playable and enjoyable as CM 01/02, the has made me want to get home quickly every night and play until the wee hours. These games used to totally consume my days in the late 90s early 00s.

I have been buying each years installment and playing but never got caught up in them like I used too, I put this down to getting older.

This new installment has brought back the bug the magic is back, the enjoyment is back and it honestly feels like you have finally made the game you have been trying too and for that I can only say thanks.

I played the vainlla version for only 1 match so far and I'm impressed. The UI will take some getting used to and at some point I'll play around with the customizable team screens, but not much as there's no way to export them at the moment.

I played the match in full and played around with the touchline shouts, all of which did seem to have an effect especially the "stay on feet" shout as that seems to cut some of the silly fouls.

I even have Tom Cleverly and Angela Lansbury on loan at Watford, but I'll have to find a replacement for Jay Demerit now he's put a transfer request in and another striker as Danny Graham doesn't look as good in the game as he is IRL.

how is the new UI supposed to be more user-friendly? things are much more complicated and now you have to make 2-3 clicks to perform a task on a player while before you just go to his screen and you can do anything with one click. also the overview screen is disaster, and when clicking on a nation it goes to overview and not the squad. also got to mention on the dark skin when you go to tactics screen during the match the subs names are barely visible.

Im really enjoying this version of fm.

IM loving the whole match day experience, the 3d match itself is fantasic the player look great, stadiums look good, however in the sideline view the crowd is facing the wrong way. Hehe. Other than that its my favourtire view. The new touchline shouts are very good with plenty of options, The new sub shortcut is a decent idea but i doubt I will use it much. The weather effects a add some realism and look good, oh and the buldging nets I love it. This area of the game has improved lots so well done to all involved.

The new skin, I really dislike the white skin, I lose my mouse pointer all the time, and I think it’s far too bright. However I do like the darker skin, and the overall layout is good. It seems very easy to navigate and after an hour or so seemed very natural. I liked viewing the players attributes in the tactic screen, very handy. Havant worked out how to customise the columns yet but I’m sure this will be a feature i will use.

AI management teams seem to be buying young players of the age 17-21 which is a great addition and hopefully will improve the longer career game.

I am however a little worried the game seems to easy, I flashed through pre season winning very comfortably. Ive started the season winning 9 out of 10 including smashing Man City and Chelsea. Does anyone else think this is too easy? Speaking of tactics I like the new wizard very easy and quick to set up new playing styles, and I prefer the descriptions rather than sliders.

Overall 8.5 out 10 However if the difficulty issues where fixed it would be 9.5 out of 10. So well done to all at SI, Sega, and the Beta testers.

I am really enjoying this Demo especially the improved 3D Graphics & Backroom advice but there are a couple of things I would like to see improved.

In screen flow I would like to be able to set up the backroom advice screen to come on twice a week to simulate staff meetings.

With Goal replays I would like the ability to choose to see the replay from several different angles like when watching the game on Sky. eg- It would be nice if we could choose in the match settings to view replays from Touchline, Main stand & Vertical scrolling and then get to see it from each angle in turn regardless of wich angle we are watching the match from.

i am enjoying the new layout and look of the new game... not sure about all the white but i am sure when there is more skins it will ne fine.

i see chelsea are able to buy players also... will they have the embargo in the proper game.

Once i get used to the new layout and all the new features i am sure this will be the best one yet. thanks SI

list of bugs after playing for 30 minutes:

-during a match, I make changes to my tactics (like e.g. change playmaker or untick it ---> I can NOT save changes, so it can not be changed !!!

-a physio comes every week i think with an injury table: i click on it and it sends me to friendly match fixtures...

-I put armand traore on loan list; in his profile he says he wants to be loaned out in order to play for a first team, but he REJECTS alllll clubs, from birmingham to real madrid to juventus..., and in his profile it still says he wants to be loaned out...

Well, tried it. So here's my feedback.

Skin/graphics: I like it, the game looks good, I don't think I'll download any new skin for this one. Haven't seen the much-lauded dark skin yet.

Interface: takes time to get used to the new layout but it's pretty easy to use and quite logical.

Match engine: can't really comment after only five or so games but runs smoother and looks more realistic than FM09's, with less annoying potshots from distance. My strikers have scored a reasonable amount of goals, without me being a tactical genius. My players are still worse at closing down opponents than I'd like them to be, though.

The tactics creator: finally, it's here. I'll surely have some gripes with it after more use but at the moment I'm just delirious that I'll never have to touch the sliders again if I don't want to. So far I've found it inadvisable to deviate from the default settings of any team strategy but we'll see... The in-game tactics screen is brilliant, it's a big step forward that we can actually see the attributes of any selected player without going "outside".

The staff advice is a good idea but they could be a little more specific... what I'd like to see is the assistant manager commenting that our next opposition's biggest weakness is defending crosses or that central midfield is weak compared to ours (yes, I'm too lazy to look up all the stats and attributes before a game).

The biggest positive, for me, is the entire game runs quicker and smoother than FM09. Hopefully it will be the same in the full version. I also like that conducting a transfer became much quicker and easier although it's probably less realistic.

After playing for a while, it got me thinking about something. Now, we have the tactical options (drop down menu) where we can give our players 'roles' (without even having to look at why or how things are so) so I was wondering why we didn't get the same option with training? I can't see that tactics are more (or less) important then training, so it is just as concievable that we should have a drop down menu where we can set players individual training as a 'poacher' or 'anchor man' or what not...

I am however a little worried the game seems to easy, I flashed through pre season winning very comfortably. Ive started the season winning 9 out of 10 including smashing Man City and Chelsea. Does anyone else think this is too easy? Speaking of tactics I like the new wizard very easy and quick to set up new playing styles, and I prefer the descriptions rather than sliders.

Ive noticed that too, The really strange thing is Im bashing decent teams or at least compared to my team anyhow 8-0 in preseason, dominating all the games with the opperstion sometimes not getting a single shot on goal then all of a sudden the League starts proper and you get the difficultly you would expect.

There does seem to be an odd problem with preseason,

• SI Staff

The following pairs are incompatible and will cancel each out if one is selected.

i.e. select either of the pair, and the other one will be removed.

Retain Possession and Get Ball Forward

Pass Into Space and Pass To Feet

Pump Ball Into Box and Clear Ball To Flanks

Shoot On Sight and Work Ball Into Box

Exploit The Flanks and Exploit The Middle

Exploit The Flanks and Look For Overlap

Exploit The Flanks and Take A Breather

Exploit The Middle and Look For Overlap

Exploit The Middle and Take A Breather

Look For Overlap and Take A Breather

Take A Breather and Get Ball Forward

Take A Breather and Hassle Opponents

Play Wider and Play Narrower

Push Higher Up and Drop Deeper

Hassle Opponents and Stand-Off Opponents

Get Stuck In and Stay On Feet

Play Even Safer and Take More Risks

West Ham have 0 to spend but they have spent well other 10mill during the window and befor hand.

Exactly. When you take over, the money that was available has already been spent in real life - you can see the new players in your squad, no?

not sure if anyone has mentioned this but when I click ask assistant for team talks the half time rating for the players disappears which can't be intended. I also had a freak goal where dani alves at barcelona scored by hitting the near post and the ball going in now while this doesnt sound that bad when you consider the angle he scored from with real world physics it would be completely impossible.

However on the bright side I think the new tactics creator is fantastic as you now need to know about football to play it rather than how some sliders work. I also think the match engine is more slick on the whole and the animations and general display in the 3d view is fantastic. The user interface is great as well though I would like to see it being a bit easier to get to the finances screen as there is no link from the general squad screen directly to it and there was in FM09 which I liked.

Apologies if I am repeating things already said but there was no way I was reading through all the posts sorry.

Good things:

MatchEngine is improved and looks more realistic than fm09 so far.

More detailed tactic instructions added.

Poor things:

Too much text to read, which is eye-killing especially when they are in small size and have poor contrast. Why not make them a little bigger and clearer?

The UI of FM10demo is still poorly responsive, one click (not the "Continue" button of cuz) just takes much time to switch the page compared to other vedio games. When could this be improved?

The quality of 3D graphic is still very poor if taking into account the highend hardware it uses.

summary

OK but not very impressive as a new product should be. Haven't decided to buy it or not.

I have a complaint. Its my first one :)

I think its probably down to missing the post-match teamtalk (still getting use to the newlook) but it seems twice now (in two demo games) I've forgotten to say well done to the squad after a friendly.

I then get 5-7 players all a little upset that I'm not giving enough credit. In the last game, this actually led to Modric wanting to leave the first instance a team showed interest in him.

For friendlies, I dont think players should sulk too much. They should not be 'considering options' over one game. It's not like I'm doing a Cloughie at Leeds Utd.

Thanks for your time.

Liking the demo so far, a few little bugs but nothing compared to last year!!!

But...

The game speed adjustments seem off. It's too quick at full pace but the next setting down is alot slower. Very annoying.

Also i can't for the life of me find where to go to ask my player to learn a new move!!!! Can anybody help? I'm sure it must be somewhere but it's not listed in player interaction anymore

Could we get the player profile tweaked to show U19 caps? like it does with full and U21 caps

Currently any player who played for the U21 just has "uncapped" on the profile page.. its kinda misleading, and you have to go to the personal tab to view this data

I then get 5-7 players all a little upset that I'm not giving enough credit. In the last game, this actually led to Modric wanting to leave the first instance a team showed interest in him.

This happened in my game anyway. I didn't have any problem with the teamtalks, but when Inter came sniffing around Modric he wanted out. I guess he has a high ambition stat and when a bigger club comes in that is enough to turn his head.

After playnig first league game of season as Spurs. Friendlys seemed far to easy, winning 8 and 9-0 away in Italy. Modric is sensational give him ball on wing and he dribbles and crosses for fun.

Interface still a tad awkward but getting used to it. Tactics appear to be working pretty well.

3D engine much more realistic then 09, still room for improvement, goalies appear static on too many occasions, but overall much better.

Possibly the most annoying thing about 3D engine is deciding best view of viewing match.

I intend starting full game with Wealdstone via editor so it will be interesting to see how game plays at that level.

SI did say this edition had more polish and for that i give them credit.

Hmm. Having played it a bit longer, after beating one side 4-1, I lost 7-0 at home without making a change in the tactics....

Not sure about that!

Also, the 'dodgy 'keeper' syndromeseems to be back. The first goal in the 7-0 was an easy backpass from my left-back which the 'keeper watched as it went right past him into the back of the net.

Then in the next game, can someone tell me where he thinks he's off to here? He was walking in that direction as the opposition attacked which gave Zola the easiest goal he'll ever score.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5431/dodgykeeper.jpg

My feedback.

Ive only played a few games in pre season so far,but i gotta say i'm absolutely loving it.Feels weird thouhg and i'm having a bit of trouble finding my way around the new interface,but that won't take long to navigate with confidence.

One thing i wish would have been included though (only a small thing) is when your on the training screen i'd have like an extra option to "rest all players on all schedules" would just speed up the chance to rest my players after a game instead of having to go through all the schedules ive created.

All in all,FM10 is a bloody brilliant game.

Simply brilliant game, I don't think SI deserve half, proberly 3/4 of the criticism posts found on this forum the past few days, most posts that complain seem to be people trying to invent there own bugs that arn't a bug at all. Played this demo over last few days, love the new interface, game seems miles faster and the 3d is amazing even on my Laptop with a very basic Video Card. Love the game cant wait till 30th now :p!!!!

Archived