FM 2010 price 29.99 US on Steam.

Can we please get a confirmation to see if the Steam version is same as the European version in both name and files and not the WWSM?

Bump, can SI please give a confirmation as your North American gamers want FM10 and not the WWSM 10!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bump, can SI please give a confirmation as your North American gamers want FM10 and not the WWSM 10!

i have the same question and nobody answer me either. Today i checked sega north american and find the game name is football manager 2010 and only can preorder on steam. I believe that this year finally, we can get football manager 10 not the WWSM.

The last few years gogamer.com sold the FM version online, I went with them because it was just as cheap as WWSM ($30), no paying and waiting for overseas shipping, not having to wait for WWSM versions of patches, and the concerns of third party scout programs/save game editors not working with WWSM. Hopefully that's an option again this year.

£29.99 for a boxed copy or £29.99 for a Digital Download.

One comes with a DVD version of the game, a nice case, a manual with an activation code that hopefully we can read this year, and all of this has to be manufactured at a factory, a person has to be employed to watch the machine etc, then its transported which requires a lorry and petrol, then someone has to take the game from the box and put it on the shelf.

Whereas the Steam version of the game, someone clicks a mouse a few times and its all done digitally.

Hmmmmm - how can they justify the same price as the boxed copy? - Seems a bit of a rip off to me, I'll be pre-ordering from Play.com me thinks.

hmm.. if the price is too high.. I'll buy it from thepiratebay.com.. have no choise ..

well at least people who got it from piratebay last year could actually play the game. I had bought the copy from the shop and couldn't activate it so used a different version until the activation servers came up and transferred my game across.

Pirates could play last year as they didnt have to activate, which proved the whole thing was a complete waste of time and effort and a huge egg on the face for SEGA, and legitimate owners who bought the game couldnt play as the activation servers didn't work properly.

No amount of apologies can fix what happened last year from SI or SEGA the game simply shouldn't ship with DRM of any kind, because whats the point? - It proved last year all it did was stop the legitimate customers from playing the game.

If SI/SEGA are worried about mates swapping the game, then whats the difference to them downloading the damn thing and playing it that way instead, not like its difficult or anything.

So I unfortunately fear that we may not be able to play the game on release this year, as SEGA will push ahead with DRM (Draconian Rights Management) they will break under the load of everyone activating at once, and the pirates will play happily.

Could we maybe get a note from SI as to why there's such a price difference between ordering from US and ordering from Europe?

Even if it is down to Steam and not SI's decision, surely it's something SI would have raised with Valve and would be aware of.

Steam is decent, I bought the game from them last year and haven't had a single problem so far, and the updates have been very smooth... Won't buy this year though, because of their pricing policy (£29,99 -> 49,99€), which means it'll be around 15 euros cheaper to order the game from the UK retailers and have it shipped here.

steam is quality i pre-ordered fm09 and ill be doing same with fm10 for uk the prices there is no or little diffrence even last year it was only £5 or so more

and for that i dont have to worry bout discs or losing it or breaking my install discs and i can be lazy and get it in few clicks no need to go to shop get it come back then install it and ive never had a problem with steam for fm09

I have no problem with Steam. But I live outside US and Europe, thus Steam price is huge in my country. I would rather wait for few weeks for retail release from SEGA. I hope they do it sooner this year.

Steam are a good service but people who started using steam when CS started using steam have bad memorys...

anyway I usually buy games at steam but have stoped since the prices sky rocketed. And FM10 will not be bought at steam either... €49? you got to be kidding me. Ofc if the price was that in the stores around here I would buy it at steam but when I can get it from €35 or €30 just down the road... wonder where I will buy it..

Surely with Steam, if you pay for FM10 then that's what you'll get. If they later change it to WWSM then you have a right to cancel your pre-order.

Not always, I cancelled my pre-order from WWSM last year from Steam and it was a hastle and a half to do it.

I will be ordering later this week with Steam when I get paid on Thursday. I have used steam for FM 09 and also E:TW and had no problem at all. I have also bought a couple of old retro games on there like Railroad Tycoon 2 which I am just loving going back to.

So in all Steam from me gets a big thumbs up and £29.99 thats a standard price and there aint even a box to find room for and no stress off the missus of cluttering the place up.

The price is at least £5 more expensive than I have paid for the last few versions, I might vene have got FM09 for roughly £20 on release.

I dont blame this price increase on the retailers but more so our FM friends. They set the retail price and have probably been charging their dealers/wholesalers more so they can make a higher profit margin and in return the retailers are now having to charge more.

Everywhere seems to be sticking to the £29.99 price but I did see HMV with £34.99 mind you.

$40 isn't too bad, it's what I pay for most other PC games and I have to pay $50-60 for console games. Of course I did like getting it for $30 the past couple of years. Maybe SI/Sega know sports management simulations haven't really caught on in the US and it's better to get every dollar they can from the limited market. And I'm pretty sure $40 compares favorably with what other people around the world will be paying.

would SI Team please confirm is this is FM10 and not WWSM?

the $40 price tag for Americans is great!

If you want FM and not WWSM, then download digital installers and buy license directly from Sega. See the sticky threads.

I would say $40 is justified for a simulation game like FM2010. People can buy Modern Warfare 2 or similar mission-based linear games for $50-$60, then why not FM2010 for $40. After all FM2010 has the best long term replay value in gaming industry. Only competitor I can think is the sims series.

I would say $40 is justified for a simulation game like FM2010. People can buy Modern Warfare 2 or similar mission-based linear games for $50-$60, then why not FM2010 for $40. After all FM2010 has the best long term replay value in gaming industry. Only competitor I can think is the sims series.

Yeah, however FM is also one of the most bugged games to come out. Sometimes even after winter patch it still isn't up to standards ( inconsistent average rating based on position, for example).

Not always, I cancelled my pre-order from WWSM last year from Steam and it was a hastle and a half to do it.

Ah but last year it was always WWSM on US Steam wasn't it? This time round you would have ordered a different product, so cancellation rules would be different.

I am sorry to say that I have played more than 10 games/challenges with FM10 within atleast 4 diff countries. Never found any deal-breaking bugs. :)

After 9.3.0 patch, its rock solid.

which came out months after release

dont get me wrong, i love the fm series

but the price is expensive for what it is

Could it be a game budget thing? I know the game elemental is slightly more expensive than usual because of the new engine which took several years to build. Games like Dragon Age, could also be high budget with all their assets and voice actors, but maybe not so high since that rrp is £35?

Can we please get a confirmation to see if the Steam version is same as the European version in both name and files and not the WWSM?

Have you tried contacting Steam and asking them directly? You might get a quicker answer from them then SI.

Have you tried contacting Steam and asking them directly? You might get a quicker answer from them then SI.

i contacted steam last week, and the answer is: you should contact sega. Does anyone from SI can confirm that in american we can get football manager 2010 on steam but not WWSM10???

i contacted steam last week, and the answer is: you should contact sega. Does anyone from SI can confirm that in american we can get football manager 2010 on steam but not WWSM10???

I would be extremely interested in knowing this too. Matt from SEGA requested info last year on those who bought FM09 vs WWSM09 in the US, to which I responded. I wonder if a decision was made based on the responses received?

Archived