100 things I've learnt from Football Manager and the Forums

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

131. How ever badly you think the ref was, he is rated as 8 for the game and it is unwise to appeal against his performance

132. When you request a feeder club you always get offered the likes of Luton/Stevenage/Southend, instead of your prefered big money deal from the US or Work permit avoidence club.

After many years of Football Manager and spending time on the forums I was thinking.....

What do I know now thanks to FM and the Forums?

So onto the list, Tongue firmly in cheek, lets begin.

(Before anyone says its not 100 yet but hopefully it will be)

1. 4-2-4 is the best formation to play when losing with 5 mins left.
  2. The AI doesn't want me to win and will cheat by injuring my striker in training and will also score more than me:rolleyes:
  3. Dots are better than 3D:D
  4. Kipfish's Bandits are so much better than the Sheriffs.
  5. By June we will have threads asking for FM10 already.
  6. When a patch is upcoming we will have 50 seperate threads asking "Whens it out"
  7. Man City always think through every transfer clearly and never spend over the odds for a player who will sit in the reserves.
  8. The AI will always crack my tactics.
  9. When ever a poster called "Rebecca" starts a Thread we know Hi-jinx will follow;)
  10. At some point I will take over my hated rivals and destroy them from the inside, It was a shame for C. Ronaldo having to play left back and Gary Neville is no striker!

Hopefully we can get some more "Things we've learnt"

I wonder how many we can get?

11. People do not read beyond the first Post before replying to it - they really should there could be some relevant info affecting their reply that they need to see in the following Posts! LOL

Joking aside I like this thread!

This thread is going so well. I'm LMAO at some of the "Things we've learnt" The way its going we'll have 500 let alone 100.

Aye, and only about 75 of them are actually relevant to the opening post...

124. Keepers are incapable of dealing with defenders at corners.

125. Once an offside is called, the player in position will ALWAYS score no matter where he is on the pitch.

Whatever number were on :D, my slow, one finger man typing cant keep up!

#101 - whenever anyone got any complain of the game, inevitably will soon followed by a reply "IT'S YOUR TACTIC"!!

Yep my favourite, don't ever complain about the injuries and losses as you said it is 'you and your tactics/gameplay'

173. Championship manager sucks, no matter how realistically better it is than Football Manager. The proof is because FM has a bigger database and real life rules.

This is the same Championship manager that has upwards of 150 throw ins per game, right? :D

Archived