The Return To Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's count the amount of STIers in the world team of the year... hmmmm.. 0

And the NTIers.... Ah... 1

NTI 1 - STI 0

Ok how about highest average ratings...

STI...tut tut... only 2

NTI... well, well.... 3

NTI 3 - STI 2

What about highest value player...

STI... looking good... £20m

NTI... Wait a second whats this?.... £25m

NTI 25 - STI 20

I'd get used to that kind of scoreline if I were you STI boys

NTI 1 - STI 0

STI...tut tut... only 2

NTI... well, well.... 3

NTI 3 - STI 2

NTI 25 - STI 20

*cough* World Ranking *cough* ;)

A good update there DD. Nice to see i'm getting games at Barcelona, and nice to be listed as one of the STI star players. First in the list might I add :D It's been a good year for STI, and I imagine it will continue.

kutgw! :thup:

NTI 1 - STI 0

STI...tut tut... only 2

NTI... well, well.... 3

NTI 3 - STI 2

NTI 25 - STI 20

Troll :mad:

Sorry, missed that one out! Hasek also benefits from the Bulgarian transfer window closing late, allowing for some last-minute bidding. Numerous clubs from Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Portugal and Turkey are interested but only Elfsborg of Denmark have made a bid so far (300k + clauses) and Hasek is currently discussing terms with them.

Elfsborg are Swedish ;)

Good season for the young Le Quack :thup:

I'm back! (Online at least - still away in Datca but finally hooked up with a mobile modem :D). Good to see some banter while I was out of touch. I'll try to fan the flames a bit with some teasers before the big match report. ;)

But first...

Elfsborg are Swedish

:o I get my Scandavian teams mixed up sometimes...

also when will next screen shots take place?

KUTGW DD Great Thread as usual

As always, screenies will be posted for those who are stilla ctive at the end of the current season.

I'm on holiday from the 19th of August until the 30th of August without internet access so i won't be able to post until i get back

Noted. Have a good holiday mate. :)

T.I.T.S.™ Special: Show Us Your Squads!!!

It has been dubbed ‘North vs. South’, ‘The Treasure Island Tempest’, and, courtesy of SKY Sports, ‘Wonderful Wednesday’ – the clash football fans across the divided Treasure Islands have been waiting for is almost here. STI will take on NTI at World’s End Stadium, Cove Bay in what will be the first clash between these nations since their ‘second coming’ began.

With anticipation reaching fever pitch, there was great intrest today as STI boss Jason de Mire and his NTI counterpart Bob McBob named thier squads. The players represent a colourful mix of world football wth players who turn out in the Champions League, the Bulgarian 1st Division, the English Championship, the Aussie A-League, Mexico and even the BSP all being named.

STI, who will be looking to make the most of thier home advantage, have just one player out through injury, that being Rufio van Pieters, who faces another 6 months out with cruciate ligament damage. The only other omission from the players named as the future of STI football some 4 years ago is Craig Healy, whose lack of first team action at Porto has cost him his place.

NTI, who always seemed to come off second best last time out, will be determined to get off to a winning start in ths renewal of the international rivalry. The only injury affecting the Northerners is a strained wrist for goalkeeper James Almond, apparently suffered from ‘over-exertion’, quite possibly in the bathroom. :p Two new faces make the squad also as Liam Hurst and Trevor Tobago are called up for the first time. Despite recentşy making his international debut, Jerome Le Quack is dropped.

We will bring you news of the match day squads, and hopefully some pre-match player interviews, as soon as we get it. In the meantime, here are the squad lists in full:

[b][u][font=Courier New]Southern Treasure Islands[/font][/u][/b]

[b][font=Courier New]Goalkeepers:[/font][/b]
[font=Courier New]Blackbeard              (Man Utd)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Fred Brookes            (Melbourne Victory)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Doug Black              [/font][/color][font=Courier New](Cove Bay)[/font]
[b][font=Courier New]Defenders:[/font][/b]
[font=Courier New]Cardiovascular          (Man City)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Claudio Castagnoli      (A.C. Milan)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Ondrej Hasek            (CSKA Sofia)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Oscar Montoya           [/font][/color][font=Courier New](Unattached)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Billy Whalley           [/font][/color][font=Courier New](Southport)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Az Toscani              (New England)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Marcus van der Cook     (Tottenham)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Peter Smith[/font][/color][font=Courier New]             (Dundee)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Theo Stigarakis         (Blackpool)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Jake Puckett            (Rochdale)[/font]
[b][font=Courier New]Midifielders:[/font][/b]
[font=Courier New]Tom Smith               (Barcelona)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Callum Hayward[/font][/color][font=Courier New]          (Millwall)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Russ Ogden[/font][/color][font=Courier New]              (Doncaster)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]John Redmond[/font][/color][font=Courier New]            (Port Vale)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Bobinho Jr              (Wehen)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Paul Hart Jnr           (Hull)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Tyler Burrows           (Queensland Roar)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Captain Gingerbread Jnr (Roda JC)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Gwilym J. James II      (Q.P.R.)[/font]
[b][font=Courier New]Forwards:[/font][/b]
[font=Courier New]Loic Philippens         (Osnabrück)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Gus Crazy               (Brescia)[/font]
[font=Courier New]J.D. Dodgson            (Hull)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Heinrich Kroeger Jnr.   (Levski)[/font]

[b][u][font=Courier New]Northern Treasure Islands[/font][/u][/b]

[b][font=Courier New]Goalkeepers:[/font][/b]
[font=Courier New]Jack Harrow             (Lillestrom)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Jamie McManus           [/font][/color][font=Courier New](Morton)[/font]
[color=#999999][font=Courier New]Francisco Miranda[/font][/color][font=Courier New]       (Unattached)[/font]
[b][font=Courier New]Defenders:[/font][/b]
[font=Courier New]Juan Alvaro Brown       (Real Madrid)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Jonathan                (Unirea Urziceni)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Lawrence Lazewski       (Rangers)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Steve Webster           [/font][/color][font=Courier New](Stock City)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Richard Gray            [/font][/color][font=Courier New](Rochdale)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Liam Hurst              (Coventry)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Tom Hamilton            (Frankfurt)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Hawkini                 (Tigres)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Molind Tner             (Ajax)[/font]
[b][font=Courier New]Midifielders:[/font][/b]
[font=Courier New]Ben Flash               (A.C. Milan)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Robert Boyle            (Sheff Utd)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Martin Bojangles        (Blackburn)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Alex Barkley            (Sunderland)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Paul Barron[/font][/color][font=Courier New]             (Lillestrom)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Cristobal Blanco        (Barnet)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Benat Fernandez Iglesias(Chivas USA)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Paul Joyce              (Kilmarnock)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Bob McBob Jnr.          (Arsenal)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Trevor Tobago           (Dundee Utd)[/font]
[b][font=Courier New]Forwards:[/font][/b]
[font=Courier New]Jack Browne             (Torino)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Chris Gayle[/font][/color][font=Courier New]             (Queen of the South)[/font]
[font=Courier New]Pablo Gonzalez JR       (FC Bayern)[/font]
[color=blue][font=Courier New]Matthew[/font][/color][font=Courier New] [color=blue]Hendrie[/color]         (Tranmere)[/font]

* Colour code:

Grey = ‘greyed-out’ player

Blue = regen

Green = naturalised player

Where's Hamilton in the list of NTI Defenders DD? Has he been dropped or is he injured?

Strange that - I prepared the post in Word and he's listed there but didn't copy over for some reason. :confused: Edited it in now though. :thup:

Hopefully, I'll have time to do another build-up article tonight. :)

J.D. Takes A J.A.B. At NTI Defence

With the tension rising ahead of the upcoming Southern v. Northern Treasure Islands World Cup Qualifiyng clash, STI and Hull striker J.D. Dodgson, who is also the son of the STI boss Jason de Mire, spoke out today and took an extraordinary swipe at his opponents.

Asked about how he would go about the task of taking on one of the world's brightest young defensive talents in the shape of Real Madrid's Juan Alvaro Brown, Dodgson said: "World's brightest young what? We all know Real Madrid's trnsfer policy is all about marketing and they are just after the the lucrative Treasure Islands market, especially after losing out on Tom Smith, who, wisely in my own honest opinion, chose Barcelona. I've been there and it's a nice city."

When probed further about the defensive talents of the NTI team, J.D. seemed insenced: "Talents? They couldn't even get past the first week of 'Treasure Islands' Got Talent'! Who's in their defence? Hamilton? You mean the guy who was 'forgotten' from the squad list? (

:p). Then there's the half-Mexican guy who thinks he's a wrestler and that guy who plays, or more accurately, doesn't play, for Ajax. They don't stand a chance against the mighty STI strikeforce of Dodgson and whoever else Dad throws up there with me."

It was pointed out that Juan Alvaro Brown was selected in the World Team of the Year just a few weeks ago but J.D. Dodgson predictabley dismissed such talk stating: "those NTI bigwigs have got deep pockets" before storming off. How the NTI squad, dfence and Juan Alvaro Brown himself reacts remains to be seen but one thing is for sure, this match is shaping up to be a heated affair!

Match report tomorrow or Friday

;)

Talents? They couldn't even get past the first week of 'Treasure Islands' Got Talent'! Who's in their defence? Hamilton? You mean the guy who was 'forgotten' from the squad list? (). Then there's the half-Mexican guy who thinks he's a wrestler and that guy who plays, or more accurately, doesn't play, for Ajax. They don't stand a chance against the mighty STI strikeforce of Dodgson and whoever else Dad throws up there with me."

Haha, so much truth in that :cool::D

2014 World Cup Qualifying, 3rd Phase

Southern Treasure Islands v. Northern Treasure Islands: Exclusive Team News

With the big match between North and South just hours away, we have exclusive team news as both nations named their sides early.

Home Team News: Theo Stigarakis returns to the starting line up after suspension. He will be partnered in defence by Az Toscani as Marcus van der Cook is dropped. Cardiovascular reverts to his left back role at the expense of Ondrej Hasek, who finds himself on the bench. Captain Gingerbread Jnr also drops to the bench with Tyler Burrows preferred in his place. Gus Crazy is back after injury and is named amongst the substitutes.

Injuries – Rufio van Pieters (cruciate ligament damage)

Suspensions – None

STI Line-up (4-4-2):

Feb2013RivalsClashSTITeam.jpg

Subs: Brookes, Ogden, Gingerbread Jnr, Bobinho Jr, Hasek, Crazy, Philippens

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Away Team News: Jack Harrow is named in goal due to James Almond’s injury. Juan Alvaro Brown reverts to defence with Hawkini dropping to the bench. Bob McBob Jnr. wins a recall to the side and 17 year-old Coventry full back Liam Hurst is on the bench for the first time.

Injuries – James Almond (strained wrist)

Suspensions – None

NTI Line-up (4-4-2):

Feb2013RivalsClashNTITeam.jpg

Subs: McManus, Hawkini, Hurst, Flash, Hendrie, Webster, Tner

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STI Striker Predicts A Mucky Game:

In additional news, J.D. Dodgson spoke at a press conference today about remarks he allegedly made to T.I.T.S. concerning the NTI team. Instead of defusing the tension, he further fanned the flames by saying: ”I’m constantly being asked about the NTI ‘star’ players like Juan Alvaro Brown and Jack Browne – appropriate names if you ask me as, when they face our boys on the pitch, brown is the colour you’ll be seeing from all of them.” How the NTI team, and messers Brown and Browne react to these comments, remains to be seen.

I was hoping to get the full report done this afternoon but I ran out of time so I just put the team news up for now. I might be able to get the match report up tonight if I skip making the highlights video... I could always out that up later I suppose.

2014 World Cup Qualifying, 3rd Phase:

Brown Sees Red But Iglesias Is NTI’s Hero

Southern Treasure Islands v. Northern Treasure Islands

Date: 13.02.2013

Competition: World Cup Quals (NAM), 3rd Phase

Venue: World’s End Stadium, Cove Bay

Previous Meeting: -

STI Form: LWWDL| World Ranking: 79th

NTI Form: DWLWW | World Ranking: 114th

Match Report:

After all the waiting, the two halves of the same group of Islands took to the field to do battle today. There had been much hype around the game and a lot of tension and it seemed to have got to some of the players as Jack Browne picked up a yellow card just seconds into the game aftera foul on Az Toscani. Moments after that though, things got more heated as a red card was produced. Following a couple of high balls, Stigarakis headed the ball towards J.D. Dodgson. The Hull striker’s pre-match comments about the NTI team and Juan Alvaro Brown in particular had obviously had the desired effect as Brown lunged in with two feet and hacked Dodgson down. The crowd immediately shouted their disguist with the challenge but before they could even shout ‘Off! Off! Off!’, the ref had pulled out a red card, leaving NTI without their superstar player and down to ten men just 2 minutes into the game. That resulted in an early change for NTI as they did the sensible thing and took off a striker, Gonzalez JR, and put on Hawkini to plug the hole in defence. STI looked to take advantage immediately but NTI proved stubborn at the back with the best chance early on falling to Tom Smith who could only strike from distance but sent his shot over.

The heated nature of the match continued with Hart Jnr, Hamilton, Barkley and Castagnoli all needing to leave the field for treatment but the game itself was being played at a slow tempo as NTI sought to keep their opponents off the ball and attack on the break. That nearly worked as McBob Jnr. found space for a good chance but hit his shot high and wide. STI didn’t get close to scoring again until the half hour mark as Burrows hit a shot wide and shortly after, Hart Jnr forced the first save of the game as Harrow tipped his fierce shot over the bar. Hart Jnr hit another shot over the bar a few minutes later as STI started to put their Northern rivals under increasing pressure.

There was a growing feeling among the STI supporters that a goal before half time was required to take control of the game and that goal came just in time, on 42 minutes. A good move started right at the back with Blackbeard and involved Hasek twice as he played a ball to Hart Jnr before receiving it back from Dodgson. Hasek then ran down the right before crossing into the box. His cross was met by Gwilym J. James II, who had the beating of Hawkini in the air, and headed the ball beyond Harrow and inot the back of the net. The stadium erupted as STI took the lead and NTI, with their numerical disadvantage, found themselves in a difficult spot.

NTI had to keep the score at just 1-0 going into the break and they managed it thanks to good save from Harrow following a Dodgson header. At the start of the second half, NTI adopted an even more defensive look as Jack Browne came off and Liam Hurst was sent on to make his debut in the lion’s den. NTI then did a good job of shutting the Southerners out and even managed to hit them on the break as Jonatahn played a long ball to Barkley. However, the shot went harmlessly over. STI had a great chance on the hour mark as James II set up Tom Smith but Harrow produced a fine fingertip save to deny the hosts. STI made a straight swop of Bobinho Jr for Hart Jnr as they sought a second goal. However, NTI were starting to find their stride and a period of sustained pressure led to Bojangles rattling a shot off the woodwork. Gingerbread Jnr then came on for Burrows as STI started to becme more frustarted with their failiure to force a second goal. Tensions threatened to boil over as Tner came on for Hamilton and was immediately hacked down by Kroeger Jnr., the striker picking up a yellow card for his efforts.

A second goal came on 76 minutes but it wasn’t what the home crowd wanted to see. As Bojangles ran down the right, he was fouled by Gingerbread Jnr. Barkley took the resulting free kick and hit the ball high into the box and Benat Fernandez Iglesias rose above everybody else to head the ball ito the back of the net. Much to their delight, the Northerners had levelled the match despite playing with ten men and no recognised strikers on the pitch. Moments later, STI had a chance to resore their lead as some skillful play from Gingerbread Jnr. played Cardiovascular in but the Man City man hit his shot wide.

As the clock ran down, tempers started to flare. Kroeger Jnr. was lucky not to be given a second yellow after getting involved in a tangle with Martin Bojangles. Az Toscani and Iglesias then received yellows for foul play. STI piled on the pressure in injury time but to no avail as they were unable to create a clear chance. As the final whistle blew, STI were left to mull over another slip up at home while NTI were more than happy with their comeback and their point. But at what cost? They must now go into their next match against Jamaica without Juan Alvaro Brown, Jack Browne and Benat Fernandez Iglesias, who will all be suspended...

Final Score: STI 1, NTI 1 | STI Player Ratings & Stats | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Attendance: 85,538

Man of the Match: Benat Fernandez Iglesias (7.5)

Milestones: - Gwilym J. James II made his 25th appearance for STI.

- Jonathan and Pablo Gonzalez JR picked up their 20th caps for NTI.

- Liam Hurst made his international debut.

Other Results:

Jamaica 0, Mexico 4

U.S.A. 1, Honduras 1

Forthcoming Fixtures:

Saturday, 30th March 2013

Honduras v. Southern Treasure Islands

Mexico v. U.S.A.

Northern Treasure Islands v. Jamaica

Wednesday, 3rd April 2013

Jamaica v. Honduras

Northern Treasure Islands v. Mexico

Southern Treasure Islands v. U.S.A.