The Return To Treasure Island: The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!

As you may see me posting on the forum over the next few days, I thought I'd better let everyone know that my holiday has finished and I'm now visiting relatives so I have internet access. However, I can't guarantee having the time at the moment to write full updates. I was able to take the game up to the August round of World Cup Qualifiers so I will try to get a mini update of transfers up to August 1st 2012 posted over the weekend (and there are a couple of big ones ;))

DodgeeD

Hi guys!

As you may see me posting on the forum over the next few days, I thought I'd better let everyone know that my holiday has finished and I'm now visiting relatives so I have internet access. However, I can't guarantee having the time at the moment to write full updates. I was able to take the game up to the August round of World Cup Qualifiers so I will try to get a mini update of transfers up to August 1st 2012 posted over the weekend (and there are a couple of big ones ;))

DodgeeD

Cool news Dodgee... how was holiday?

Cheers guys. The holiday was awesome - lots of sun, a great beach and plenty of all-inclusive food and beer. I was the only English person in the hotel too (full of Turks, Poles and Dutch), which resulted in me getting some extras as well! :D By that I mean, extras in terms of food, drink, facilites etc and not any other 'extras' (thought I should make that clear in case my wife sees this! :p)

I'm back. Hoorah! Just read through what i'd missed. I had an awesome game against Costa Rica, and it's great to see us progress in the World Cup Qualifying despite the little home defeat at the hands of Trinindad and Tobago. The group isn't too bad. Second place is definitely within our reach.

Very much looking forward to my move to Barcelona. Hopefully i'll get the games to aid my progression as a player.

Also glad to see our two holidays clashed so that I don't have to experience too much 'downtime' of this thread whilst you're sunning it abroad :D

Kutgw!! :thup:

Cheers guys. The holiday was awesome - lots of sun, a great beach and plenty of all-inclusive food and beer. I was the only English person in the hotel too (full of Turks, Poles and Dutch), which resulted in me getting some extras as well! :D By that I mean, extras in terms of food, drink, facilites etc and not any other 'extras' (thought I should make that clear in case my wife sees this! :p)

Welcome back DD! Now please give NTI some good karma, we need it ;)

Still visiting relatives and internet access is limited. A cat knocking my laptop onto the floor didn’t help but I’ve got a quick update ready to tide you all over. I thought I’d cover the transfers up to August 1st as my next update will be covering World Cup Qualifiers that take place in mid-August. Following on from there, we’ll have an update after the close of the transfer window. :thup:

August 2012 Transfer Update

Done Deals

· Tom Smith completed his move to Barcelona on July 1st, a move which earned Josep Guardiola praise from the fans. The boss has got Smith staright into training asking him to work on hitting shots with power.

· Another big move came about as Barcelona’s arch-rivals Real Madrid made a ₤24.5million move for Juan Alvaro Brown, the NTI utility man joining on a 4 year, ₤68k per week deal. The stage is set for the wonderkids from opposite sides of the Islands to clash on opposite sides of one of the world’s biggest club rivalries.

· Ondrej Hasek has joined the ever-growing Treasure Island contingent in Bulgaria, negotiating a deal with CSKA Sofia following the expiry of his Perguia contract.

· Another free transfer move came as something of a surprise: Blackbeard decided to walk out on Sporting CP as they failed to offer him a satisfactory deal and was immediately snapped up by Manchester United on a 2-year deal.

· Hawkini also made an end-of contract move, leaving Zacatapec after 3 seasons at the club and joing Mexican 1st Division side Tigres.

· Jack Browne decided there was no point staying where he wasn’t wanted and left Sevilla to join Italian side Torino in a ₤6.25million deal.

· Two loan moves have also been agreed for a couple of the up-and-coming stars as Marcus van der Cook heads to Ireland, joing Drogheda Utd on a season-long deal and Jerome Le Quack head to Portuguese 2nd Division outfit Tourizense for the season.

Rumours

· Robert Boyle is being chased by a whole host of Championship sides including the likes of Burnley, Cardiff, Ipswich and Sheff Utd with French club Stade de Riems also şnterested.

· Hull are said to preparing a move for Rangers striker J.D. Dodgson.

· Loic Philippens is still being tracked by Duisburg and Wolfsburg.

· Sunderland are after STI captain Gwilym J. James II but are thought to have concerns over whether he can work with NTIer Alex Barkley in the centre of midfield.

· James Almond is a target for Croatian side NK Dinamo.

· Jonathan is being persued by clubs from all over Europe, all over the world infact with Mexican and South Korean sides also keeping tabs.

· Preston seem to be favourites to end Benat Fernandez Iglesias’ torment at Chivas USA.

· Central Coast Mariners are interested in taking Fed Brookes off Melbourne Victory’s hands.

Next Update: World Cup Qualifiers

Guatemala v. Southern Treasure Islands

Northern Treasure Islands v. Mexico

Wow! J.A.B is a Galáctico! Fingers crossed for a decent share of first team action.

Also hope all these moves don't effect the teams focus for the qualifier although I'm not sure Mexico will trouble us much at home

Finally, I am back home and ready to get back into things full speed (until August 7th when I'm going away again ;)).

If all goes to plan, I'll have those match reports up tomorrow - I will save myself some time by dispensing with the videos as, according to the counter on the website, hardly anybody's bothered watching them :(

Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend but I got into one of my saves and couldn't pull myself away for long enough to get the reports done. :rolleyes: Best not to put any definite time on it but the updates will come throughout the week. :thup:

2014 World Cup Qualifying:

Southerners Make Their Chances Count | NTI Battle Hard But Lose Out

Guatemala v. Southern Treasure Islands

Date: 22.08.2012

Competition: World Cup Quals (NAM), 2nd Phase, Group 2

Venue: Estadio Carlos Salazar hijo, Mazatenango

Previous Meeting: N/A

Guatemala Form: LDLWD | World Ranking: 153rd

STI Form: WLWWL | World Ranking: 93rd

Pre-Match News: Marcus van der Cook is set for his first start as Tom Smith’s injury requires Cardiovascular to play in midfield. Brookes returns to the STI goal following a training ground injury for Blackbeard.

Injuries – Bobinho Jr (torn groin muscle), Blackbeard (sprained wrist), Tom Smith (groin strain)

Suspensions - None

STI Line-up (4-4-2): Brookes; van Pieters, van der Cook, Stigarakis, Castagnoli; Hart Jnr, James II ©, Cardiovascular, Gingerbread Jnr; Dodgson, Kroeger Jnr.

Subs: Villar, P. Smith, Puckett, Philippens, Crazy, Whalley, Montoya

STI came into this game confident of a win against a team ranked 60 places below them and that is exactly what they got courtesy of a first half brace from Heinrich Kroger Jnr. After an even opening period, the first goal came on 23 minutes as van Pieters played the ball down the right for Hart Jnr to run onto. The Fulham winger then ran to the byline before hittig a cross to the far post which Kroeger Jnr powered in. That led to 10 minutes of STI dominance culminating in another goal. This time, it came from a free kick taken James II, flicked on by van der Cook and headed home once again by Kroeger for whom the powerful short-range headers are becoming a trademark. That was the end of the scoring but credit where it’s due to Guatemala who did their best to make a game of it as they created some chances but Brookes made some fine saves and van der Cook was claiming everything in the air. Kroeger Jnr and Dodgson both had further chances to extend the lead but were denied by the keeper each time. In the end, a satisfying performance and a good result for STI, the only downside being an injury to Cardiovascular who had to go off in the second half with a pulled hamstring.

Final Score: Guatemala 0, STI 2 | STI Player Ratings & Stats

Man of the Match: Heinrich Kroeger Jnr. (8.6)

Attendance: 9,986

Milestones: - Heinrich Kroeger Jnr. scored his 10th goal for STI and his 5th goal in the last 4 games.

- Cardiovascular won his 20th cap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northern Treasure Islands v. Mexico

Date: 22.08.2012

Competition: World Cup Quals (NAM), 2nd Phase, Group 2

Venue: Capital City Stadium, Capital City

Previous Meeting: N/A

NTI Form: LDLWD | World Ranking: 132nd

Mexico Form: WLWWL | World Ranking: 28th

Pre-Match News: NTI have a full selection of players to choose from. Jerome Le Quack is called up to thje squad for the first time.

Injuries – None

Suspensions - None

NTI Line-up (4-4-2): Almond ©; Jonathan, Hamilton, Hawkini, Lazewski; Bojangles, Barkely, Alvaro Brown, Iglesias; Browne, Gonzalez JR

Subs: Harrow, Twigge Jr, McNally, Flash, Blowcrapup, Webster, Gray

The Northerners had a much tougher task as they faced Mexico. However, with a full house of screaming loyal fans, could they pull off an unexpected win? For a period at the start of the match, it looked like they could as they applied pressure down the flanks with Jonathan and Lazewski pushing up and Bojangles and Iglesias firing in the crosses. Barkley was orchestrating things in the centre of the park too and nearly opened the scoring with a spectacular long range drive which Ochoa in the Mexican goal just tipped over. Alas for NTI, the opening goal was to come against the run of play as a free kich given away wide on the right led to a cross which Barrena headed past Almond. The NTIers seems unsettled by the goal and struggled to contain their opponents afterwards and were lucky to go into the break just a goal down as Almond had to make two athletic saves. In the second half, NTI again started well with Gponzalez JR going close but again they conceded from a free kick which was sent in high and headed into the goal by Castillo. This time, NTI kept thier composure though and set about getting back into the game. They pulled one back on 67 mins as Hamilton claimed the ball outside his own area and played it to Barkley, who in turn played it to the substitute Flash. Flash made a run forward before threading a perfect through ball to Browne who placed his shot beyond the keeper. Mexico tried to play a tight game after that as NTI, spurred on by the home support, looked for an equaliser. Their best chance fell to Bojangles, who found himself free in the area but hit his shot wide. That meant NTI would lose but they could take confidence from their performance ahead of their next game.

Final Score: NTI 1, Mexico 2 | NTI Player Ratings & Stats

Attendance: 89,888

Milestones: None

* Colour code:

Grey = ‘greyed-out’ player

Blue = regen

Green = naturalised player

good result for STI that. Was Hart Jnr's injury a major one, or just a knock?
Solid Performance from Barkley :)

was the knock actually a full injury, or is he fit for the next game?

Both players just picked up minor knocks and were only out for a few days after the game.

September 2012 Player Update

Lowest Valued Players

[u][color=black][font=Courier New]No.[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]  [u]Player[/u]             [u]Nation[/u]  [u]Club[/u]        [u]Value[/u][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Courier New]1.   Cristobal Blanco   NTI     Barnet      ₤16k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]2.   Jack Harrow        NTI     Levski      ₤30k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]3.   Fred Brookes       STI     Melbourne   ₤50k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]4.   Az Toscani         STI     New England ₤65k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]5.   Tyler Burrows      STI     Queensland  ₤95k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]6.   Trevor Tobago      NTI     Dundee Utd  ₤100k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]7.   Robert Boyle       NTI     Reading     ₤150k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]8.   Liam Hurst         NTI     Coventry    ₤170k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]9.   Ondrej Hasek       STI     CSKA Sofia  ₤200k[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]10.  Bobinho Jr         STI     Wehen       ₤210k[/font][/color]

Interestingly, Robert Boyle was number 7 last season, but that was on the Highest valued Players list!

Transfers

There were two further deals completed before the transfer window closed on Sept 1st:

· Tom Hamilton swopped the Liga adelante for the Bundesliga as he completed a ₤4mil move from Murcia to Frankfurt.

· J.D. Dodgson decided to exchange a title race in Scotland for a relegation scrap in England as he joing Premier League side Hull from Scottish champions Rangers in a ₤2.4mil deal.

A round up of all the summer moves can be found below:

[u][color=black][font=Courier New]Player[/font][/color][/u][color=black][font=Courier New]                [u]Nation[/u]  [u]From[/u]        [u]To[/u]           [u]Fee[/u][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Courier New]Juan Alvaro Brown     NTI     Porto       Real Madrid  ₤24.5mil[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Tom Smith             STI     Betis       Barcelona    ₤17mil[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Jack Browne           NTI     Sevilla     Torino       ₤6.25mil[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Tom Hamilton          NTI     Murcia      Frankfurt    ₤4mil[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]J.D. Dodgson          STI     Rangers     Hull         ₤2.4mil[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Ondrej Hasek          STI     Perugia     CSKA Sofia   Free[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Blackbeard            STI     Sporting    Man Utd      Free[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Hawkini               NTI     Zacatapec   Tigres       Free[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Marcus van der Cook   STI     Tottenham   Drogheda Utd Loan[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Courier New]Jerome Le Quack       NTI     Academica   Tourizense   Loan[/font][/color]

New Faces

Following failiure to post by a couple more slackers, NTI now have two new 17 year olds joining their ranks:

Liam Hurst – a left back who has signed a deal with Championship side Coventry City. The player was quoted as saying “It doesn’t matter where I play as long as I get into the NTI team”.

Trevor Tobago – his predecessor in the previous sign up spectacularly failed to make an impact but can this guy fare better? He thinks so having already spoken to the media about his desire to make an impact in Europe this season as Dundee Utd enter the Europa League.

September 2012 Player Update

Transfers

There were two further deals completed before the transfer window closed on Sept 1st:

· Tom Hamilton swopped the Liga adelante for the Bundesliga as he completed a ₤4mil move from Murcia to Frankfurt.

Get in :D At last a move to a higher league :D

Finally a start for van Pieters which was good to see and that, combined with the win to STI and NTI's loss, means that was pretty much a perfect round, if only I could have scored a goal or at least had a higher rating.

KUTGW DD

DodgeeD, I see you've switched to Klasa :D Welcome to the club :p

As far as the sign-up goes, the only problem with Klasa is that the bookmarks tab has gone - I've only ever used it in my sign-ups for the national teams, fixtures, and stats pages... I can manage without it I guess.

looks like i have to work my way into the squad. shouldve been expecting that >_>

Keep an eye out for the next updates - you might not have to wait too long ;)

Archived