AFC Wimbledon Promoted!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matthew Le God:

no longer can i use them in the dafuge challenge icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The way your lot are going you will be able to use them soon icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Congrats, and a great day for fan owned clubs.

AFC and FC United were both promoted and now you can watch another fan owned club in the League 2 Play Offs

Come on Stockport County

Can't wait to see AFC batter MK Donkeys. Let them show the 'fans' of that plastic club who the 'real' winbledon are

Good Luck in the Conference South and can't wait to see you in the Football League

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Conte:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Conte:

No congratulations to MK for their promotion to League One (and JP Trophy win)?

Shameful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And again, why would they?

People a little bit simple here then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm an MK Dons fan, it was a joke. Stop trolling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could I ask who you supported before the death of football started with the birth of FC Franchise?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

Congrats AFC Wimbledon...

I'm trying to be happy for you but my team got relegated by Donnies no-show yesterday. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No show?

As a Cheltenham fan who was at the game, I can safely say that Donny were very unlucky and would have won comfortably had our goalkeeper (Shane Higgs) not made several world-class saves. One of the most under-rated goalkeepers in the World. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

I've just got back from Kingsmeadow, having gone there after the match along with a huge crowd of AFC fans.

The last 10 minutes of today's match rates very highly in my favourite football moments - such a turnaround in the match, and it's great to see the team that we've sponsored since they began finally being playable in the game officially next season!

As for other clubs, well done to any who have been promoted, and commiserations to those relegated, anywhere in the world. But as this is the Sports Interactive messageboard, and there is a very close affiliation between AFC Wimbledon and Sports Interactive, I think it's only fair for us to be allowed to celebrate AFC's rise through the divisions without anyone moaning at us, or trying to hijack the thread for footballing political reasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm. An AFC Wimbledon thread and a mention of football politics? Is it really that surprising? They go together like fish and chips, Ronaldo and dives, etc.

You can't expect to open a thread such as this and NOT expect something you don't like to be mentioned. We don't live in an innocent, child-orientated world for that to happen, do we? So if someone wants to raise MK Dons, any AFC rival club, FC United or any other part of the chequered history of your club, so be it. Call it bandwagon-jumping if you will. Like you did with your sponsorship of the club all those years ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anite:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

Congrats AFC Wimbledon...

I'm trying to be happy for you but my team got relegated by Donnies no-show yesterday. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No show?

As a Cheltenham fan who was at the game, I can safely say that Donny were very unlucky and would have won comfortably had our goalkeeper (Shane Higgs) not made several world-class saves. One of the most under-rated goalkeepers in the World. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah Higgsy (aka The Gypsy) - a great servant for Worcester City before he signed for your lot.

Good to see he's till doing the business

Congrats to FCUM and King's Lynn on their promotions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

Could I ask who you supported before the death of football started with the birth of FC Franchise? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Death of football?? FFS icon_biggrin.gif Utterly ridiculous comment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wikipedia.com:

The club currently hold the all-time English record for the most consecutive unbeaten league games by any senior football club, having achieved 78 league matches in a row without defeat over a period spanning three seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fantastic achievement. I am really happy for them.

Well Done AFC Wimbledon! Have been to see them a few times and they thoroughly deserve it! I look forward to seeing the celebrations on "Football Hurts" (Nuts TV, Thurs 10pm)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Baroslfc5:

Congrats.

Hopefully AFC Liverpool will follow them, once the team is formed and up and running icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It is formed. And up and running. They have appointed a manager and are in a league next season.

Is this the start of a trend here, whereby big clubs see their disillusioned, out-priced fans starting up rival clubs further down the pyramid in the hope of creating their own glory days? I hope not.

• SI Staff

The Governor - this is the Sports Interactive messageboard, not a general football one. There are plenty of forums out there to discuss football, and the politics. The original post relates directly to Sports Interactive and AFC Wimbledon, and has nothing to do with anyone else - just because global stickies happen to appear on OTF as well as the other forums, doesn't mean that it should be treated in an off topic way, when it's very much on topic.

As for bandwagon jumping, that's certainly not how I or anyone involved with the AFC deal either at the club, or at SI, went into the relationship. You weren't there, and have no idea how, or why we got involved, nor the terms of the deal, so unless you have facts to back up what you claim, please leave your pithy comments at the door.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">anyway, what i actually came here to ask was: what is the format for playoffs in the rpl? both one-off games? how does that work, neutral venue? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Highest placed team gets the home game.

Congrats to afc wimbledon supported them since they were reborn and supported the original wimbledon since 1986 its a great achievement and exciting future afc wimbledon have well done congrats

Thanet Fc FML Live

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

The Governor - this is the Sports Interactive messageboard, not a general football one. There are plenty of forums out there to discuss football, and the politics. The original post relates directly to Sports Interactive and AFC Wimbledon, and has nothing to do with anyone else - just because global stickies happen to appear on OTF as well as the other forums, doesn't mean that it should be treated in an off topic way, when it's very much on topic.

As for bandwagon jumping, that's certainly not how I or anyone involved with the AFC deal either at the club, or at SI, went into the relationship. You weren't there, and have no idea how, or why we got involved, nor the terms of the deal, so unless you have facts to back up what you claim, please leave your pithy comments at the door. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what were the facts, then? The notoriety of the Wimbledon saga made them prime targets for sponsorship from companies such as SI. I am all ears, but try not to dress it up.

You post a message in a public forum - whether it be an SI one or not is immaterial - and you get replies. A man of your undoubted status and intellect must surely be aware of that, no? You may not like the responses, which were in no way derogatory to Wimbledon or SI I hasten to add - from anyone. But the thread is about Wimbledon. They have a history. They have come out of a league with other clubs who have hit new heights.

Stop turning threads into things you don't want them to be, Miles. Nobody has taken your divine right to bask in this success. But with this being a public forum, and Wimbledon being one of the "major footballing political moments in the history of the game" (Rogan Taylor, 2002), don't expect it all to be sweetness and light.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">anyway, what i actually came here to ask was: what is the format for playoffs in the rpl? both one-off games? how does that work, neutral venue? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Highest placed team gets the home game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any reason they don't do the traditional 2 legged affairs?

Is there any way of stopping AFC Wimbledon's entire squad being retained in FM when you run a game?

No doubt you'll have noticed the squad is retained whatever leagues you run, regardless of size of database.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Governor:

So what were the facts, then? The notoriety of the Wimbledon saga made them prime targets for sponsorship from companies such as SI. I am all ears, but try not to dress it up.

You post a message in a public forum - whether it be an SI one or not is immaterial - and you get replies. A man of your undoubted status and intellect must surely be aware of that, no? You may not like the responses, which were in no way derogatory to Wimbledon or SI I hasten to add - from anyone. But the thread is about Wimbledon. They have a history. They have come out of a league with other clubs who have hit new heights.

Stop turning threads into things you don't want them to be, Miles. Nobody has taken your divine right to bask in this success. But with this being a public forum, and Wimbledon being one of the "major footballing political moments in the history of the game" (Rogan Taylor, 2002), don't expect it all to be sweetness and light. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, your boring.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GillsMan:

Mate, you're boring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corrected.

• SI Staff

The Governor - We were clear when the announcement was made why we got involved - if we wanted the time we got involved, or the deal, to be public, it would have been made already.

I'm fine with any responses that aren't unfairly attacking us - your post did that when you falsely accused us of "bandwagon jumping". I also have no problem with posts that stay on topic, which yours (and others) didn't.

There was no need for your attack, nor accuracy in what you said, and it's only fair that if someone posts something that is inaccurate, I have the right to point that out.

• SI Staff

gonch19 - 2 legged play off finals are not traditional in the UK. The Football League play off finals are one legged, for example. Whilst the FL play off semi finals are two legged, the reason I've been given for the Ryman Prem ones being one legged is that the higher placed team should have an advantage for finishing higher.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GillsMan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

Could I ask who you supported before the death of football started with the birth of FC Franchise? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Death of football?? FFS icon_biggrin.gif Utterly ridiculous comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? The moment we let a new team buy someone elses history was the day football sold it's soul to the devil, it'll fet like bloody American football with all its franchises!

If Milton Keynes wanted a football team they should have gone about it the right way, and started at the bottom, as AFC Wimbledon, FC United and in the past Aldershot did and are now getting their rewards.

Everything about MK Dons amd Winkleman makes me sick to the stomach and I hope they crash and burn!!!

By the way Gillsman, enjoy League 2.... icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

The Governor - We were clear when the announcement was made why we got involved - if we wanted the time we got involved, or the deal, to be public, it would have been made already.

I'm fine with any responses that aren't unfairly attacking us - your post did that when you falsely accused us of "bandwagon jumping". I also have no problem with posts that stay on topic, which yours (and others) didn't.

There was no need for your attack, nor accuracy in what you said, and it's only fair that if someone posts something that is inaccurate, I have the right to point that out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So you agree with my point that wherever AFC Wimbledon are, political footballs will be kicked? And that this is a public forum, leaving any post open to such responses?

'Attack' is a bit strong too. icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats to AFC Wimbledon from a Birmingham city fan.I have followed your progress from the start due to one of my mates supporting you so its pleaseing to see you will be playable in fm2009.All the best for the future and well done to SI for their support of the club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Governor:

There was no need for your attack, nor accuracy in what you said, and it's only fair that if someone posts something that is inaccurate, I have the right to point that out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So you agree with my point that wherever AFC Wimbledon are, political footballs will be kicked? And that this is a public forum, leaving any post open to such responses?

'Attack' is a bit strong too. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't a public forum, it's a closed forum with ToS and conditions.

Archived