AFC Wimbledon Promoted!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by london boy:

Congrats to AFC Wimbledon!

Shame about Sutton United going down, though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They really ****ing sucked this season, didnt they? Although im happy carshalton athletic get to play them next season (if you think fulhams escape was great, then you simply wont believe how carshalton managed to avoid the drop). I have grown to kinda hate AFC wimbledon, but at the same time i do think their fans deserve a club in the football league again. Its just depressing to see them fly past Carshalton, like a young hot shot employee becoming your boss >_>

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hopefully franchise will go straight back down and ince get sacked icon_smile.gif well maybe not as you cant have everything gl to AFC wimbledon the real supporters club and hopefully scfc can get a win at weekend and clinch our place at wembley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scfc08:

hopefully franchise will go straight back down and ince get sacked icon_smile.gif well maybe not as you cant have everything gl to AFC wimbledon the real supporters club and hopefully scfc can get a win at weekend and clinch our place at wembley </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Franchise FC have been a yo-yo club of recent years... Hopefully they go back down though icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">hopefully </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats to AFC Wimbledon. Though to be honest I'm an MK Dons fan but I do like AFC Wimbledon. Paul Ince has proved himself a good manager by winning the double and our Chairman is a great chap. There's alot of bitterness surrounding the MK Dons from other teams. All I have to say is get over it. The original Wimbledon are no great loss.

Congrats to AFC Wimbledon And FC United Its good to see clubs run by fans for real club fan's doing well !!!

and your wrong mate for lads like me old enough to remember the old plaugh lane the original wimbledon will always be a loss !!

and with luck Birmingham might win 2 games in a row now ! icon_rolleyes.gif

Congratulations to AFC Wimbeldon on their promotion. I feel though that I need to clarify a couple of points. As I am aware they were in the ryman league for 2 seasons. Jeff King (manager of Chelmsford) said this is the weakest ryman's league he has played in.

Congratulations to FC United as well, but more importantly and probably bigger than Wimbeldon's promotion is Ebsfleet winning the FA Trophy final. For those of you who are not up to speed on this club they were bought by an internet forum whose members payed £35 each for the privalage of voting rights regarding the running of the club.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Congrats, but.........

In your current FM game, (any game running any database size with any leagues within any nations), click on AFC Wimbledon, then click on the Nationality of the squad..........

When I do this thye AFCW squad is filled with foreigners.

Anguilla 10.

Bermuda 3.

Cayman Island 7.

Montserrat 7.

N.Ireland 1.

Turks & Caicos Islands 7.

I can find no other English team, (the English structure in non-playable by the way), and in fact no other team in any Nation, (active or inactive), that has a squad made up like this.

They have no foreign staff by the way.

Looks like SI are doing some "in-game" sponsoring of AFC Wimbledon as well as their "real life" sponsorship icon_biggrin.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Congrats, but.........

In your current FM game, (any game running any database size with any leagues within any nations), click on AFC Wimbledon, then click on the Nationality of the squad..........

When I do this thye AFCW squad is filled with foreigners.

Anguilla 10.

Bermuda 3.

Cayman Island 7.

Montserrat 7.

N.Ireland 1.

Turks & Caicos Islands 7.

I can find no other English team, (the English structure in non-playable by the way), and in fact no other team in any Nation, (active or inactive), that has a squad made up like this.

They have no foreign staff by the way.

Looks like SI are doing some "in-game" sponsoring of AFC Wimbledon as well as their "real life" sponsorship icon_biggrin.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had that when I played in N. Ireland during Gundo's Challenge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSD:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scfc08:

hopefully franchise will go straight back down and ince get sacked icon_smile.gif well maybe not as you cant have everything gl to AFC wimbledon the real supporters club and hopefully scfc can get a win at weekend and clinch our place at wembley </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Franchise FC have been a yo-yo club of recent years... Hopefully they go back down though icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo-yo? We've plummeted, there's no yo-yoing about it.

We're back up and we won't stop. Those who think AFC will be playing us soon are dreaming.

Well done to them anyway, I have no real reason to dislike them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Conte:

No congratulations to MK for their promotion to League One (and JP Trophy win)?

Shameful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably because it's not deserved. Franchise football - Never forgive, never forget.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Christopher Cox:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Conte:

Probably because it's not deserved. Franchise football - Never forgive, never forget. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

It's a football team - not some kind of Holy War

Some people hilariously overreacting about the whole MK thing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Roolz:

a good season for both Wimbledons

the real dons won league 2 as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The real dons did indeed win league2!

Afc not in wimbledon have reached there limit, the real dons are looking to get back to former glory and could be back in the prem in 5 years!

Hull fan- wilbraham never got a decent run out in his first year in mk and therefore i had the same opinion as you.

In the past two years albies workrate and first touch has been quality!

He even played a starring role in central midfield under martin allen!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonny_young:

Well done AFC Wimbledon. Just goes to show what a real supporter base and history can do.

Plus at MK Dons' stadium if you stand up or even *dare* chant, a steward will tell you to sit down and shut up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your correct there, our stewards are idiots, although stockports are easily the worst in league 2.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LSD:

Franchise FC have been a yo-yo club of recent years... Hopefully they go back down though icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yo yo? this is the first promotion since wimbledon moved to mk 5 years ago!

Watch out league 1, we will be in the top 10 along with posh all season.

We know our stewards are the worst in the league, but they'll have to be the worst in League 1 next season

E-I-E-I-E-I-O

Up the Football League we go

When we win promotion

This is what we'll sing

We are Stockport, Super Stockport

Jimbo is our King!

Like AFC Wimbledon, We are a PROPER club, UNLIKE MK DONKEYS

Your fake club are going straight back down

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Worcester City Researcher:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Christopher Cox:

Probably because it's not deserved. Franchise football - Never forgive, never forget. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

It's a football team - not some kind of Holy War

Some people hilariously overreacting about the whole MK thing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makes me quite fond of MK tbh, love seeing how up in arms people get about TEH EVIL FRANCHISE FC!!!!11!.

I love all the people saying people should get over MK.

If it was your club you would not say the same. It was not just Wimbledon that Winkleman tried to knick - it was several clubs in the South East.

The day the football community forgives and forgets will be the day it happens again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djhdjh:

If it was your club you would not say the same. It was not just Wimbledon that Winkleman tried to knick - it was several clubs in the South East.

The day the football community forgives and forgets will be the day it happens again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what that's life get over it, stop whinging like a little baby. Football has been heading this way for years, and the increased money is only ruining the game. Football is basically a woman's sport now too. I supported Wimbledon FC, they moved to a great new stadium, so what. The Chairman is great and he was trying to get the club out of a dire financial position by moving. Don't whine and be a woman like football players today boy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boris1987:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djhdjh:

The day the football community forgives and forgets will be the day it happens again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what that's life get over it, stop whinging like a little baby. Football has been heading this way for years, and the increased money is only ruining the game. Football is basically a woman's sport now too. I supported Wimbledon FC, they moved to a great new stadium, so what. The Chairman is great and he was trying to get the club out of a dire financial position by moving. Don't whine and be a woman like football players today boy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sooooo...are you saying women shouldn't be allowed to play football or that football is becoming more "feminine"?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CelticToffee:

Great to see teams like this be promoted, a club ran by the fans as far as im aware. getting away from the overpriced tickets etc. Congratulations icon_smile.gif

FCUM also got promoted icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fire Bracelet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boris1987:

So what that's life get over it, stop whinging like a little baby. Football has been heading this way for years, and the increased money is only ruining the game. Football is basically a woman's sport now too. I supported Wimbledon FC, they moved to a great new stadium, so what. The Chairman is great and he was trying to get the club out of a dire financial position by moving. Don't whine and be a woman like football players today boy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sooooo...are you saying women shouldn't be allowed to play football or that football is becoming more "feminine"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both.

N.B. Above post can be deleted I quoted the wrong quote. My apologies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:Shows what can be done with the right backing of the fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also shows what can be done with large amounts of financial muscle in a league where the other teams can't compete in terms of finance.

• SI Staff

I take it you haven't been if your classing it as a great staidum, half finished souless arena a more accurate description.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzing_hornet:

Mallen, you are in NO position to have a pop at anybody's ground. Dogkennel road must be the only ground where you technically walk through someone's front room to get to your seats and on the way get a good look at their grundies on the washing line.

Pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but we don't have an empty top tier with no seats in and our ground actualy has some atmosphere when full, give me kenilworth road over any new identi kit souless new ground any day

Guest Pastymunch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Worcester City Researcher:

The one bit of advice I can offer for next season - if you thought the Ryman was tough - trying to compete in the Blue Square South will be 100 times harder </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both of last year's promoted teams did pretty well - Hampton & Richmond unlucky not to get promoted. Bromley finished 11th and were a similar level to AFC last season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

And again, why would they?

People a little bit simple here then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm an MK Dons fan, it was a joke. Stop trolling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could I ask who you supported before the death of football started with the birth of FC Franchise? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Death of football icon_biggrin.gif

I was a 12 year old supporting Man Utd. But I guess I don't have the right to go and support my local team? Normally that'd be a good thing, but with the 'Death of Football', everything changes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mallen102000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzing_hornet:

Mallen, you are in NO position to have a pop at anybody's ground. Dogkennel road must be the only ground where you technically walk through someone's front room to get to your seats and on the way get a good look at their grundies on the washing line.

yes but we don't have an empty top tier with no seats in and our ground actualy has some atmosphere when full, give me kenilworth road over any new identi kit souless new ground any day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously, never has the tag '**** ground no fans' been more deserved. There is absolutely zero atmosphere at Luton.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Atkinson:

As much as I think that AFC Wimbledon getting promoted is a good thing, is it really necessary to keep it as a global sticky topic?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it is, I didn't know until now icon_smile.gif But Pompeys got the cup and AFC are promoted, at least something in the football world is right icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

We were all down there this evening playing their staff and ex-players in our annual friendly match. Was a great night and we won 5-1 (their goal being a deflection in the last minute!)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ter,

was this deflection massively wild and of the wall at a free kick?

This would be irony indeed, what woth the number of these I see when playing your most excellent game!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mallen102000:

yes but we don't have an empty top tier with no seats in and our ground actualy has some atmosphere when full, give me kenilworth road over any new identi kit souless new ground any day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously, never has the tag '**** ground no fans' been more deserved. There is absolutely zero atmosphere at Luton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have obviously never been to Kenilworth Road. As a Luton fan since a kid, I have gone to matches for the past 10 years. There is an atmosphere. Try it.

On another note, I saw an AFC Wimbledon shirt in my union last night

Archived