i see the injury bug is back

I've long argued that the number of injuries is fine - too few if anything - it's just that the severity of the injuries was too much IMO. After IRL Premier League games, you're always talking about players picking up knocks and carrying niggles, so it's realistic, in that sense to have three or four players injured in a match on occasion. It's just that most of the time they can play in the next match, so the injury is just a niggle and normally should only last a couple of days.

That said, I've not tried 9.3.0 yet.

I agree that the amount of injuries was realistic and still is. However, I disagree with you on the lenghts of injuries. IMO there is always too many short-term (1 week-1month) and medium-term(1 month-3 months) injuries and not enough long-term injuries. I mean I can't ever remember having a player out on FM for longer than 5 months where as that happens all the time IRL, most clubs have a player somewhere within their ranks that is injured for more than 5 months.

Yes the injury bug is definately back. My team has had 7 injuries in the 1st 4 PRE SEASON games, you know them game where players are taking it easy and playing to get their fitness back. Throw in my 2 sendings off in those games and you get a nice little idea. Thats 9 players who are not going to be ready for the start of the season due to a stupid bug they have brought back??? So thank you very much SI. This bug alone and the other match engine flaws that have been introduced make me feel - 9.0.2 > 9.0.3

So well done to the idiots at SI who have decided to take a step backwards.

i played in clan game tonight and in the space of 3 games i lost 6 players all for minmum period of 1 month to 5 months and tackling was on easy and fitness was on 100 and training hasnt changed from pre season to what i use now it was fine on 9.2 just the odd injury every so often and the clan game im playing in is in december on season 3 or 4 so its not like its a new game

Yes the injury bug is definately back. My team has had 7 injuries in the 1st 4 PRE SEASON games, you know them game where players are taking it easy and playing to get their fitness back.
Those games where the players are extremely lacking in match fitness and therefore a bit more prone to injuries? Yeah, fantastic find ;)
Throw in my 2 sendings off in those games and you get a nice little idea.
Crap tactics and pushing your players too hard. That about right?
Thats 9 players who are not going to be ready for the start of the season due to a stupid bug they have brought back???
Sadly SI can't take credit for your lack of perception. Not entirely sure they'd want to, either.
So thank you very much SI. This bug alone and the other match engine flaws that have been introduced make me feel - 9.0.2 > 9.0.3

So well done to the idiots at SI who have decided to take a step backwards.

Y'know, making a joke here that insults your intelligence (or lack thereof) would be so ridiculously easy, but I won't bother stooping that low. It's an open goal, but I'll still settle with the assist rather than the goal itself.
There is a losing bug too. I've played two games since the patch and i lost both of them
Hehe

But on a serious note, as has been said a few times already, it would be an idea for those whining about an "injury bug" to stop with the talk and provide evidence to back it up, in the form of an injury table (preferably mid-season when match fitness is much less of an issue). Show me yours if I show you mine? Here's the Premiership injury table midway through the fourth season.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2773/image1z.png

Now, for the record, that did take me 3 screenshots to get the whole lot in, but that's 60 injured players in all, of which 18 (30%) are expected to return to action within a week (and I didn't include ones out for, for example, "6 days - 12 days" for that, which would add an extra few onto it)

HewFlet was kind enough to post up the link to PhysioRoom.com, so let's compare to the real thing, shall we? It's a couple of months out, but let's not worry about that, shall we? Still "mid-season" for the sake of argument.

Real life table currently lists 86 injured players, of which 33 (38%) are expected to be back within a week.

Now, I dunno if it's just me being a little bit confused, but if there were an injury bug then wouldn't there be significantly MORE injuries in the game than in real life? My game's got 30% fewer. Injury bug? Not in my damn game, there's not.

Those games where the players are extremely lacking in match fitness and therefore a bit more prone to injuries? Yeah, fantastic find ;)

Sadly SI can't take credit for your lack of perception. Not entirely sure they'd want to, either.

Y'know, making a joke here that insults your intelligence (or lack thereof) would be so ridiculously easy, but I won't bother stooping that low. It's an open goal, but I'll still settle with the assist rather than the goal itself.

Hehe

But on a serious note, as has been said a few times already, it would be an idea for those whining about an "injury bug" to stop with the talk and provide evidence to back it up, in the form of an injury table (preferably mid-season when match fitness is much less of an issue). Show me yours if I show you mine? Here's the Premiership injury table midway through the fourth season.

Now, for the record, that did take me 3 screenshots to get the whole lot in, but that's 60 injured players in all, of which 18 (30%) are expected to return to action within a week (and I didn't include ones out for, for example, "6 days - 12 days" for that, which would add an extra few onto it)

HewFlet was kind enough to post up the link to PhysioRoom.com, so let's compare to the real thing, shall we? It's a couple of months out, but let's not worry about that, shall we? Still "mid-season" for the sake of argument.

Real life table currently lists 86 injured players, of which 33 (38%) are expected to be back within a week.

Now, I dunno if it's just me being a little bit confused, but if there were an injury bug then wouldn't there be significantly MORE injuries in the game than in real life? My game's got 30% fewer. Injury bug? Not in my damn game, there's not.

Its HuwFlet btw :p

Im not saying for one second that this alone is conclusive proof of the lack of the percieved injury bug but the ability to be able to compare in game injuries to physio room where I know SI base there research on is always benifical for us when trying to prove or disrpove any kind of bug.

I will have a look at my injury table tomorrow and post it up although I doubt it will look that good! my editing skills are very limited:o

It would definitely seem as it the injury bug is back.. Or else I'm extremely unlucky.

I've lost Nani, Ryan Giggs, and Paul Scholes to long term injuries and I'm still in pre season freindlies!

Define long term?

I'm going to be putting some time in tonight, I'll report back with injury news.

ps I use a Mac, does anyone know how to do a screenshot?

Its HuwFlet btw :p
Typo :p Was a long post, typed in the dark and I wasn't entirely paying attention while typing everything.
Im not saying for one second that this alone is conclusive proof of the lack of the percieved injury bug but the ability to be able to compare in game injuries to physio room where I know SI base there research on is always benifical for us when trying to prove or disrpove any kind of bug.
I'm not saying it's conclusive, either. But as you said, it is known that SI use physioroom.com for research for injury-related stuff, which helps, and my injury table is a single sample that goes against the claim of any such bug existing.

One instance of something happening does not prove or disprove something like this which is meant to be a trend. But to be honest I'm fed up with people whining about something like this which probably ISN'T a problem and then they're not prepared to put their money where their mouth is. "Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk", and all that. But anyway, there we go, I've gone ahead and hopefully got the ball rolling by actually posting up my injury table. If others do the same, we might have enough to go on to (dis)prove anything.

I will have a look at my injury table tomorrow and post it up although I doubt it will look that good! my editing skills are very limited:o
Ah, who cares? As long as the relevant info's there :)

Just started my first game on latest patch with Burnley. 1st friendly Steven Thompson got injured for 3 to 4 weeks. 2nd friendly Wade Elliot got injured for 1 month but its ok these things happen and i have got Eagles who can play right. 3rd friendly Kevin Mcdonald gets injured for 10 days. 4th friendly Chris Eagles got injured for 3 to 4 weeks or give injections.

I am seriously thinking about starting another new game and cancelling all friendlys, I took transfer budgets off for first window to have it like real life and atm more aless all of my key players are injured for first game of season. I hope it was just a fitness thing during preseason, i know injurys are a part of football but did not expect to have an injury in every game so far anyway see how it pans out over the season.

:EDIT: 1st game of season Paterson just got injured 16 mins in. Found out afterwards he suffered a broken leg out for 6-7 months oh dear oh dear i really am unlucky :( An injury in every game still so far for me. I am not using any training schedules either, I always leave them to default.

61651557.jpg

w1024.png

Well....17 games with 3 different teams now under 9.3.0, 1-2 players injured per game. And not playing players under 90% condition or who are not match fit. These are mostly minor injuries, though...but I am kind of fed up with message "XX had knock but can shake it off" etc. No they cannot...68% is usual max condition after that. So substitution is required.

Must be my tactics... Funnily, those players set to Tackling Hard seem to get injured less.

Haha I totally agree with that ass man thing.. they never shake it of.. :thdn:

But for me the amount of injuries in the previous version was fair enough.. it's getting a bit too much now with this verison, played half a season on my new save. I like everything else they've done so..

would be a shame to go back to 9.0.2 just because of this..

I'll play some more and see.

• SI Staff

Dunno mate, perhaps we need a 9.3.1 to raise the number up to real life levels?

:p

Hehe

You don't know my tactics or my training so stop acting cocky mate. Tactics are fine as I was testing out the new patch and kept standard tactics which were successful and injury free almost on 9.0.2.

Pushing my players too hard? Couldnt be further from the truth. I know it is pre season and players are weaker so i know to go easier in training for a few weeks and also the matches were against easier opponents.

You truly are an idiot that is being ridiculously arrogant when you have no reason to be.

Other people are reporting it as well and just because you're a little SI fanboy you won't let the new patch have any criticism.

And as for insulting MY intelligence, I am not in any doubt that I am far more intelligent than the likes of you.

I don't know if there's an injury bug or not, but what I have noticed is that sometimes one of my players will pick up a knock which does not alter his condition that much and he is able to complete the game, but when I get the physios report the injury suddenly appears more serious and he is out for 3 months

I don't know if there's an injury bug or not, but what I have noticed is that sometimes one of my players will pick up a knock which does not alter his condition that much and he is able to complete the game, but when I get the physios report the injury suddenly appears more serious and he is out for 3 months

Yes, that is very annoying. :mad:

If it's a knock, that ought to mean that it isn't very serious at all and really shouldn't mean more than a week or so out at the most, I'd have thought.

well ive played 33 games in all comps, cant remember the last time i didnt have to make a sub in game cause of injury, 5 long termers - 2 of which are for the whole season - and about 3-5 short termers at any one, time as soon as 1 or 2 come back another 1-3 get injured ive got good coaches and fitness staff, i even toned down the intensity and nothing changed so something is defo wrong

although at least its not as bad as when the game first came out!!!

thanks for bringing that back si i really did miss it not. only played 3 games and already got 5 players injuryed an dont say it my training because am in my 8th season which was fine intill the new so called patch 9.3 came out an ruined it so thanks si great si.

I'm also getting a lot of injuries, mainly because player condition drop in matches seems to be back to how it was in 9.1, for some reason. Midfielders are dropping way too quickly and struggle to play 2 matches a week, going into matches on 92% is probably why they're getting injured. It was pretty much perfect in 9.2. Midfielders are finishing matches in the 60's percentage wise; in the last patch the exact same players were finishing matches on about 80%. So if you want to avoid injuries, just rotate your whole midfield for a midweek game.

Hmm, in my game, started in 9.2, updated to 9.3, I have suffered no in match injuries, but two in training. I don't see anything to cry about, except that it is a guy who scored almost a goal a game last season who is injured, but love the feature of days back, 10 to 13 days is way more precise for me.

Look mate that is football I'm afraid. Look at Arsenal they've had 4-5 long term injuries this season already. I'm sure there will be spells in your game when you have alot of injuries and there will be spells when you have very little but I'm almost certain you won't be back on here to say sorry that you misjudged the new patch and that the injury crisis was a premature moan.

P.S I have been playing my Villa save on the new patch for 15-16 games now and I have had 1 long term injury in Keirrison who was out 4-5 months. Other than that I have had a few minor injuries with some 1st team players. I find that this is realistic but if I had had a few long term injuries aswell then I would also find this realistic because like I said......that is football!

I'd agree that players finishing the game on a green injury indicator and then turning out to be seriously maimed for 3 months is annoying.

I'd also agree that subbing players with a green injury indicator and no real condition deterioration for safety's sake only to find them crocked after the game is also annoying.

But the number of injuries is fine

Well my brother just played a game where he had to make 3 subs by half time due to injuries. Then he had 3 more the second half so had to play with 8 men and lost 2-1 in the end. After I wiped away the tears from laughing so hard at my brothers predicament it was my match. Both full backs went off inside 30 mins. Not to worry I took them off. 2nd half one there replacements went off injured. Damn, diddums, oh what bad luck! Well surely there wont be anymore injuries. 20 mins to go 2 more injuries and down to 9 men.

Well not had this before the patch, had a few periods of bad injuries but nothing on this scale. You cant blame anyone for thinking that upon loading the game up 1st time since the patch and seen this happen that something went wrong in the patch. But I'll plough on because I like the game and spent 30 quid and months waiting for the final patch.

I totally agree the injury bug is back i've went through two seasons on my lyon save and not once have i had a fully fit team, The injuries are ridicolous Benzema has played 21 games for me in total and don't say tactic's or training because i've been playing the game longer then the majority of smart arse's in here who think they know it all just look at some of the above posts when somebody is reporting what is quite an obvious bug i mean even the mods have bad attitude's in here the guy is right to be angry he payed his money like evrybody else for what in my opinion is inferior to 08 and 07 it's just the me thats good now and for the first time ever i think this game has become totally unrealistic i mean lets face it it's crap and this is the final patch? So yeah i do think si need to get it together for fm10 and be able to accept some bloody criticism for god's sake without mods getting snotty and childish.

http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp302/huwfletcher/?action=view&current=ingtable1.png

* This table will identify young players who have made it as top players*

70 in Game as against 81 currently IRL. Now this is only another example but for me it shows again that there isnt the supposed "injury bug" that is being talked about.

Im sure SI might be interested in more table to compare against if people are so sure its an issue but I cant see it. Id also like to ask that if people are claiming the bug is back can they back this up with evidence rather than just claim its back and demand it be fixed? This thread should be about constructive debate rather than a slanging match :thup:

Neji/Gillsman - Is it worth giving the thread title a player name warning? My injury table is quite far into future and might show the youngsters who made it.

I had this strange surge of short term injuries. Played 5-6 games with each save I had (Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool), 17 games altogether. I had 1 "long term" injury (1 month) total and 1-2 short term injuries (week or 2) per game. After I did play more games with my Man City, injury rate did decline considerably.

That made me think that patch might have adverse effect for few games if it was applied on previous save vs. new game. Right now I am OK with injury rate overall.

Yes, that is very annoying. :mad:

If it's a knock, that ought to mean that it isn't very serious at all and really shouldn't mean more than a week or so out at the most, I'd have thought.

Sorry I don't agree.

There are plenty of times players end games with what is thought to be minor injuries that turn out much more serious when a doctor has seen them.

I once finished a game with what I thought was a minor twisted ankle and it ended up being stretched ligaments and I couldn't play for 6 months.

Played into October on my save last night and didn't see any problem with injuries.

I have one first teamer out with a medium injury (2-3 months) while two other players have been carried off in matches but only missed one game each.

I seem to have suffered more training injuries to my U20 team, around 5-6 but none longer than 3 weeks and I do have a large U20 team. Maybe I need to review my youth training schedule to compensate.

Sorry I don't agree.

There are plenty of times players end games with what is thought to be minor injuries that turn out much more serious when a doctor has seen them.

I once finished a game with what I thought was a minor twisted ankle and it ended up being stretched ligaments and I couldn't play for 6 months.

Yes, but I think it's misleading when your assman says that the player should be able to shake it off and it's described as a knock.

It seems sometimes that when the commentary says that a player is in need of medical attention and the physio has to come on the pitch it ends up not being as serious as a knock which he should be able to shake off, which seems bizarre.

Anyway, now off to watch some real football! :D:thup:

• SI Staff

I'm all for people posting their injury tables. Not just because I think that the EPL ones will show when compared to physioroom that we arent far off, but also because I am intruigued as to whether different leagues suffer more or less.

What is pointless is people pointing to their own team as conclusive evidence either way. You need to look at all the teams in your division.

Archived