Mascio - Real player?

Neither are any of the thousands of REGENS real :confused::confused::confused: !!!!!!

think you missed my point

That's just silly. There is no way the game can predict what will happen in real life with regards to new players. Mascio, however, is not a regen.

It's not like every copy of Football Manager today is busy churning out results that are happening exactly in real life.

No, regens aren't real, but that doesn't mean that other unreal things should be allowed in the game.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Link doesn't work you need to log in. And I'm not exactly keen to sign up to a Liverpool forum

oh right sorry. well it is about a team who were trying to sign a player and the News Of The World had it as their back page story yet the lad was just a player off a game. *is now waiting to see mascio linked with Chelsea tomorrow*

these are the articles: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/jan/15/masal-bugduv-moldova-hoax-player#start-of-comments

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/paper-links-liverpool-to-player-who-doesnt-exist-738961.html

Wonder how many , who say he shouldnt be in the game and must be deleted ,, have actually signed him for any of their teams ???? I also prefer playing with REAL players , and usually even avoid regens where possible,, this just dosent bother me that much. Some people need to remember its just a game.

All I was saying is that seeing as there are Regens in the game right from the begining that are also made up,, I dont get why some people are letting it get to them so much ??. There aint much difference IMO, yes he shouldnt have been put into database (as a real person),, but he did

If they suddenly made him into a regen and gave him a computerised facegen would all those who hate him being on the DB,, be all happy all of a suuden :confused: ?

I suppose some maybe think of it as a cheat,,, but then I would argue thats not as much a cheat,, as comming onto a forum to discuss finds from other players experiences, instead of finding your own ( as some do ,, not all),,and Im sure some probably only found him through the forum in the first place

If you have him and you are happy playing him in your team, then its your game and thats fine IMO

Wonder how many , who say he shouldnt be in the game and must be deleted ,, have actually signed him for any of their teams ???? I also prefer playing with REAL players , and usually even avoid regens where possible,, this just dosent bother me that much. Some people need to remember its just a game.

All I was saying is that seeing as there are Regens in the game right from the begining that are also made up,, I dont get why some people are letting it get to them so much ??. There aint much difference IMO, yes he shouldnt have been put into database (as a real person),, but he did

If they suddenly made him into a regen and gave him a computerised facegen would all those who hate him being on the DB,, be all happy all of a suuden :confused: ?

I suppose some maybe think of it as a cheat,,, but then I would argue thats not as much a cheat,, as comming onto a forum to discuss finds from other players experiences, instead of finding your own ( as some do ,, not all),,and Im sure some probably only found him through the forum in the first place

If you have him and you are happy playing him in your team, then its your game and thats fine IMO

To each his own.

However, the database is only supposed to consist of real people. Doing this guarantees a potentially world-class player at Cisco Roma, which in turn means Cisco Roma will be more likely to receive more funds from Mascio's transfer, which would then have a knock-on effect. Although the funds being mentioned seem small for top teams, that figure is a significant sum for Cisco Roma in Serie C2/C (and all Serie C2 teams).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Does noone remember the legendary 80 year old something called Scott Lindsay in the old CM2 games (forget which version...) ??

Can you remember John Fleck in FM08? His stats were all just randomised, meaning that he could be the worlds best Striker, or the the worst?

Doesn't quite work out that way, he can only ever be as good as his PA and I'm pretty sure it takes their position into account when it decides what stats to give them. Nothing is truly random :)

• 1 month later...

I would have thought SI would have seen the various threads related to this and put an end the the discussion.

Some say he is real, some say he is fake. Personally the information i have leads me to believe he is a fake.

Its does beg the question as to how a fake player (not a regen) gets into the database?

I would have thought SI would have seen the various threads related to this and put an end the the discussion.

Some say he is real, some say he is fake. Personally the information i have leads me to believe he is a fake.

Its does beg the question as to how a fake player (not a regen) gets into the database?

One of the Italian researchers put him in. By accident, of course (assuming good faith).

One of the Italian researchers put him in. By accident, of course (assuming good faith).

but how? How can you 'accidently' put a player in the database. You either do or you dont, if you see what i mean. There surely cant be any accident about it...?

On wiki (cisco roma's) it says him as part of the team "Claudio Ribeiro Sousa Masciotta" but it is spelt slight wrong "Claudio Ribiero Sousa Masciotta" in wiki he hasn't got his own page though and he is also got the brazilian national flag next to his name??

Look at Cisco Roma's official website:

http://www.ciscocalcioroma.it/

There's one "Claudio" in the squad but his surname isn't "Masciotta".

Mascio isn't real.

He is an anomaly in the game, a random creation in the database -somewhat of a freak of computing nature. Some say he is the embodiment of FM - an attempt for the game to represent itself in playabale form. It's uncontrolled by the developers, the game is growing its own thought processes and abilities to imitate itself through its own free will.

What we are see here is the first step of artificial intelligence procreating - striving for the basic human wants of reproduction. Do not be fooled, 'Mascio' is the first hard evidence we have of technology growing apart from human control. The SI developers may well be at the forefront of science.

Youve been watching too much Matrix, mate!

I have my own theory about Mascio, a legal one.

SI's database is THE asset of the game and worth copying for all competitors. Obviously though, SI own the copyright to their database and it's illegal to copy it. So what to do to protect the database?

In Germany a few years ago, EA successfully sued a national competitor for copying its database in a football management sim. They could prove that the database was indeed copied by the competitor because they were able to show that the competitor's database included the very same mistakes EA had DELIBERATELY introduced into its own database.

So my guess is that SI take a good look at the database of competition management sims to see if 'Mascio' is in there as well.

Next year Mascio shall be gone, but another few fake players shall exist at different clubs.

Sounds like a good idea to me :):thup:

Nice theory jayahr, but I don't buy it. They can put rubbish plants that can't effect a savegame in fo rthat ploy. In fact, that would be a good reason to include all those faceinthegame characters (there are a good few without silly personalities that no one outside SI would know about).

Nah, a naughty data inputter popped Mascio in after the Italian head researcher had submitted his info.

SI's database is THE asset of the game and worth copying for all competitors. Obviously though, SI own the copyright to their database and it's illegal to copy it. So what to do to protect the database?

In Germany a few years ago, EA successfully sued a national competitor for copying its database in a football management sim. They could prove that the database was indeed copied by the competitor because they were able to show that the competitor's database included the very same mistakes EA had DELIBERATELY introduced into its own database.

So my guess is that SI take a good look at the database of competition management sims to see if 'Mascio' is in there as well.

Next year Mascio shall be gone, but another few fake players shall exist at different clubs.

No. He was put in the database by an Italian researcher, and was taken out in the new patch.

No conspiracy of any sort here. I mean, I don't know what incentive SI has to copy the database from Championship Manager (which is just wrong) or FIFA Manager (which is EA)...

Sound like a really good theory you got there :thup:

No. He was put in the database by an Italian researcher, and was taken out in the new patch.

No conspiracy of any sort here. I mean, I don't know what incentive SI has to copy the database from Championship Manager (which is just wrong) or FIFA Manager (which is EA)...

Where's the conspiracy here?

You seem to have misunderstood me. My guess is that SI take according measures to prevent OTHERS from copying their database. Maybe Mascio is not part of that plot but I'm sure there are some blatant mistakes in the database which anyone who researched for himself would find. (and no, Arsenal's performances shall not be explainable that way ;-))

Where's the conspiracy here?

You seem to have misunderstood me. My guess is that SI take according measures to prevent OTHERS from copying their database. Maybe Mascio is not part of that plot but I'm sure there are some blatant mistakes in the database which anyone who researched for himself would find. (and no, Arsenal's performances shall not be explainable that way ;-))

A bit stupid for them to put such a good player in there, though.

Mistakes are best left unsaid - which is why if they wanted to put fake players in there, they'd have CA 0 or something.

Sounds very plausible, just the redundant code found in some programs, or the fictional streets found in OS maps.

• 2 months later...

As a matter of fact, this has happened. A few years ago, it transpired that CM's db had the exact same spelling errors in it's db that SI's does. When Matt Le God pointed that out to them, they mysteriously banned him, without so much as a "thanks for researching Southampton for us"

END OF DEBATE

Mascio is not real, I've spent thirty five minutes looking for a non-football Manager related reference to Mascio in images and web, as well as looking at Cisco Roma.

He's an error, an anomaly, the "bastard child" of FM. End of.

Archived