The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I don't feel sorry for any of them. We're loyal paying customers who have given the company large amounts of money and time over decades in some cases. There should probably be better comms really.

Unfortunately, they have such a strong product and we have such brand loyalty, that we're a captive audience and market, so they don't need to up their game in terms of comms and serious engagement. They know they're selling many copies every year.

Just now, girotex8 said:

Nah, I don't feel sorry for any of them. We're loyal paying customers who have given the company large amounts of money and time over decades in some cases. There should probably be better comms really.

Unfortunately, they have such a strong product and we have such brand loyalty, that we're a captive audience and market, so they don't need to up their game in terms of comms and serious engagement. They know they're selling many copies every year.

I’m still waiting for the punchline here

2 minutes ago, girotex8 said:

you do know that they don't have to release a beta version. they could wait for the actual release date of the 6th of november and there's nothing we can do on it. and this thread is just speculation anyway

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

I buy my shopping in Tesco, doesn't give me an excuse to be a dick if there's something I don't like just because I pay them money. Part of the reason why some of the SI team don't engage as much as they used to is because of the abuse received on here. Some have even left the company because of it. 

Well said.

Just now, Staf9 said:

you do know that they don't have to release a beta version. they could wait for the actual release date of the 6th of november and there's nothing we can do on it. and this thread is just speculation anyway

The release of the beta is largely beneficial to them though, because it gives them large amounts of data to iron out issues and bugs and make their product and the company better and more valuable.

If they just released it on a pre-announced date every year, with no room for grey areas, I think most people would be totally fine. 

I don't think people should be unpleasant or abusive ever, but I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect some comms in the lead up to the release of a product that many people have paid a decent amount of money for. People are genuinely planning days off work or hanging around here for days, wondering when it might be. Is it so outrageous to ask that a member of the team comes on and says ''it won't be today'' at midday each day, or ''it's at least a few days away''?

3 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

I buy my shopping in Tesco, doesn't give me an excuse to be a dick if there's something I don't like just because I pay them money. 

Having worked at Sainsburys you'd be amazed how few people agree with this statement. 

Although of course I whole heartedly agree with you.

Just now, girotex8 said:

The release of the beta is largely beneficial to them though, because it gives them large amounts of data to iron out issues and bugs and make their product and the company better and more valuable.

If they just released it on a pre-announced date every year, with no room for grey areas, I think most people would be totally fine. 

I don't think people should be unpleasant or abusive ever, but I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect some comms in the lead up to the release of a product that many people have paid a decent amount of money for. People are genuinely planning days off work or hanging around here for days, wondering when it might be. Is it so outrageous to ask that a member of the team comes on and says ''it won't be today'' at midday each day, or ''it's at least a few days away''?

Its coming out November 6th

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

I refuse to put on notifications for FM tweets. I like to live in a world where the beta is potentially out, rather than living in a world where I have no notifications therefore it isn't 

Schrodinger's Beta

1 minute ago, greenz81 said:

Its coming out November 6th

You're right, but obviously it's not really is it? 99% of the final product comes out 2/3 weeks early, so effectively it's out before then. And many of us have paid for the early access, as we do every year.

Look it's an amazing game, an amazing product and it's given us all so much pleasure for a long time. Incredible work they do. I just don't think it would hurt to have better comms in the lead up to the release of the beta. Constructive criticism.

4 minutes ago, girotex8 said:

Or they just tweet some fluff promotional tweet instead of losing the twitter account password for 3 days...