Need a fun club post winter update

Athletic Club - arguably the most fun for a long term save with the club policy of Basque only players (and youth players trained in Bilbao) in top league.   Requires developing youth players into first time.  Good challenge to be consistent top 4 and big challenge to win league, but is doable.

Any Turkish Super Lig club - arguably the most fun league to play.  The generous allotment of foreign players makes familiar players from Europe and elsewhere potential targets but the requirements to play Turkish players also gives an exotic flavor if you arent familiar with Turkish football.  A real blend of exotic and familiar.   Its fun as a mid to bottom table team to try to build and get up with the big boys (I used to like to play as Bursaspor, but they're in 3rd tier after being relegated last season).  It is also fun to play as one of the big boys - while dominating the league is pretty easy with Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas or Trabzonspor, it is a challenge in Champions League.  

Union Berlin or SC Freiburg - Challenge of replicating, let alone bettering, their performance last few seasons is a challenge, especially if you're used to playing with bigger, richer clubs.   Bundesliga is fun league with the Bayern juggernaut, very strong Dortmund and a half dozen or more clubs capable of making champion's league (let alone Europa) from season to season.  The 18 team league also makes relegation more of a presence if you're a mid table club.  

Hertha Berlin - sigh, Hertha.  How can die Alte Dame be so perennial underachievers.  You think (___ club) is poorly run and has disastrous transfer business, you aint seen nothin' til you seen Hertha!  I've enjoyed playing Hertha forever.  It IS possible to make them one of the top clubs in Germany, which it would seem they SHOULD be.  But they aint be. Not even close.  They start with a shockingly bad squad, as they are IRL.  It shouldn't be as big a challenge in FM as it is IRL to keep them up first season, but it will take some doing to close the gap on the European places.   It can be done, even in first seasons, with some good, bargain signings and loans, good tactics and some good managing players.  But you'll have to EARN it.      

Cardiff city - Heck of a lot of debt (close to 100m) 

Squad wise - one or 2 semi decent prospects but nothing to write home about. No real standout players, solid if unspectacular. 

Burton Albion - World class facilities as they share youth facilities with England football team. Most likely very little funds wise and most likely a shocking team.

• 3 weeks later...

ı just started out wıth brentford and ıts goıng really good.Team is really good ım just havıng problems wıth cb 's and gk's they perform really bad and rb roerslav ıs very ınconsıstent.Otherwıse  team ıs really good ı hope ı wıll get some budget end of the season.Only downsıze ıs you are not gettıng good regens from academy you must sıgn them and also moneyball replıcatıon could be fun.I am 3th at the league nearly end of season.

Turkish league ıs fun but challengıng because foreıgn player rules.Most of the teams are not good ın fınancıal terms.ı am a Galatasaray fan so ı would defınately say gıve ıt a go (ıcardi mertens olıveıra torreıra mata zanıolo) really good squad brıngıng another european cup and domınatıng league ıs great.If you want to choose other than bıg clubs ı would go for teams wıth turkısh players to buılt up a team 

11 dakika önce, JawZy said:

@dido53
One thing thats not mae clear - which i believe happened on FM21 or FM22 was the number of foreign players allowed was decresing each season, does this still happen on FM23 at all?

ıts 14 at the club and 8 at the first eleven not gonna change this year :) (and ın real lıfe ıts stıll not clear to be honest next year ıt can be free or remaın 8 or somethıng  but ın real lıfe )

hope pictures help

image.thumb.png.555d9536b46490727824b6313a7ca711.pngimage.thumb.png.a590a1e35f83037f6224ff9020559ec4.png

Benfica is fun. 130 players across four squads, a decent mix of quality youngsters, good experienced first teamers and otherwise absolute dross. Plus they have the five star youth recruitment, coaching and training facilities.

In the league, Porto keep you honest, but making progress in the Champions League is proving challenging as I’m continuing to integrate young players as the years go on.

Can go down the nationalistic management route of only working with your own youth intake, or cast the net wider.

On 05.04.2023 at 23:03, JawZy said:

Ahha, i might start a Rizespor save, then in the future

ı would choose ankaragucu they have fans and better team.Also ıf you choose süperlig beyond big teams adana demispor would be fun they have a good squad only need a strıker ın my opınıon

Ankaragucu are on my shortlist of potential sides to try and see if i get "hooked" to

Starting from third tier to top tier this is my shortlist of sides to try

Ankaraspor, Nazilli, Sanliurfaspor, Kocaelispor

Altay, Erzurumspor, Rizespor

Ankaragucu, Istanbulspor, Adana

and open to any of the big 3 /

Edited by JawZy

12 saat önce, JawZy said:

Ankaragucu are on my shortlist of potential sides to try and see if i get "hooked" to

Starting from third tier to top tier this is my shortlist of sides to try

Ankaraspor, Nazilli, Sanliurfaspor, Kocaelispor

Altay, Erzurumspor, Rizespor

Ankaragucu, Istanbulspor, Adana

and open to any of the big 3 /

Bursaspor also would be good because of theır academy

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2023 at 12:32, ThanatosAFC said:

Brighton for sure, you've got everthing in hands to become an elite club in some years.

I just started a save with Brighton. Great fun at the moment - some really good players if I can manage to keep hold of them. Just need to try and find a striker - I know we have Ferguson but want someone to lead the line for the first couple of years.

ı started out wıth southampton(my mıssus choose them :) ) and ıt ıs also fun.Team has young good players and set piece master ward prowse.biggest problem ıs fındıng the right tactic for the team.I fınıshed 2nd even ı dont get ıt :) my maın problem ıs last year goalscorıng we scored average goals but stand good ın defence.now second season cbs playıng terrıble now but save ıs goıng fun we have some decent academy products waıtıng them tı turn 18. 

2 saat önce, JawZy said:

you say they playing terrible, this is how they meant to be :P, last season was a freak result ^_^

no no ı saıd second season they play terrıble :) first season was suprısıngly good :) but this season caleta car bednarek kotchap all play below  6,60 :) just waıtıng for the golden generatıon :)

2 saat önce, JawZy said:

you say they playing terrible, this is how they meant to be :P, last season was a freak result ^_^

ow mate sorry ı read ıt wrong sorry :) yes last season was extraordınary :) now ım 6th 

Im looking for a bit of inspiration for a new save. I am quite partial to serie a, thinking of roma? i also like a club that uses the south american market for talent? not in england though. also a fench save, thinking rennes?

42 minuti fa, oze07 ha scritto:

Im looking for a bit of inspiration for a new save. I am quite partial to serie a, thinking of roma? i also like a club that uses the south american market for talent? not in england though. also a fench save, thinking rennes?

Udinese? They have Beto-Deulofeu-Thauvin-Samardzic and a very good defense

4 hours ago, oze07 said:

Had an amazing 1st season with great double, but I can’t find any challenge at serie a for a long time.

for a club who uses South American players i would recommend on Brighton.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for a fun new save with a (sub)top-team in a European country (NO: England, Spain, Italy, Germany or France) with enough domestic competition so it won't get boring very fast. Some good finances, history, nice logo/kits, good players/talents are a big plus!

I, myself, was thinking of the following teams:
AA Gent
RSC Anderlecht
Hajduk Split
Sparta Praha
FC Kobenhavn
Panathinaikos
PSV
Benfica
Lech Poznan
Wisla Krakow
FC Basel
Grasshoppers Zürich
Galatasaray

Anyone else some recommondations or expericience with one of those teams?

7 saat önce, BadAss88 said:

I'm looking for a fun new save with a (sub)top-team in a European country (NO: England, Spain, Italy, Germany or France) with enough domestic competition so it won't get boring very fast. Some good finances, history, nice logo/kits, good players/talents are a big plus!

AA Gent
RSC Anderlecht
Hajduk Split
Sparta Praha
FC Kobenhavn
Panathinaikos
PSV
Benfica
Lech Poznan
Wisla Krakow
FC Basel
Grasshoppers Zürich
Galatasaray

Galatasaray ıs the team ı support ı defınately reccomend them because we have a really good and ınterestıng squad.We sıgned ıcardi mertens zaniolo sergıo oliveira,lucas torreıra,leo duboıs and some really good turkısh players kerem akturkoglu,yunus akgun,kazımcan.The goal ıs wın the league(every year ofcourse:) and brıng another european cup.(we wind the uefa cup ın 2000 and super cup at 2001.Only down sıde ıs  Foreıgn rules but you may see that as a challenge.

Benfica ıs also a great team to select ın my opınıon u have all the be succesfull  ın my opınıon fınd the rıght tactıc and u are ready to go.

Hajduk ıs also a great team but ı would go dınamo actually dethronıng dınamo would be quıte the job

2 minutes ago, dido53 said:

Benfica ıs also a great team

👍🏻That's who I'm going.

I said this months ago, haha but things got in the way. Grimaldo has joined Leverkusen irl but I will be keeping him in my save. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

On 27/05/2023 at 12:17, BadAss88 said:

AA Gent
RSC Anderlecht
Hajduk Split
Sparta Praha
FC Kobenhavn
Panathinaikos
PSV
Benfica
Lech Poznan
Wisla Krakow
FC Basel
Grasshoppers Zürich
Galatasaray

Who did you pick?

I need a new save to keep me going over the summer. I d like to be a club that has a history of signing argentine players maybe? obviously, napoli spring to mind, but any others?

13 minutes ago, oze07 said:

I need a new save to keep me going over the summer. I d like to be a club that has a history of signing argentine players maybe? obviously, napoli spring to mind, but any others?

Atletico

13 minutes ago, oze07 said:

Sevilla, Barcelona. Athletico Madrid. Marseille, PSG, Rayo Vallecano come to mind.

Maybe Ajax or PSV.

20 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Sevilla, Barcelona. Athletico Madrid. Marseille, PSG, Rayo Vallecano come to mind.

Maybe Ajax or PSV.

oh yeah, forgot about sevilla. Im thinking villareal aswell, i remeber riquelme playing for them.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m trying to find a save but struggling to decide what. I want to go for a team that is top but not quite elite that I can make the best team in the world, focusing on youth. For example in FM21 I played a Roma save that was so good I never played FM22.

Can’t decide on anything this year, was thinking one of the following:

Brighton, Villareal, Napoli, Milan, Roma

could anyone suggest a team and maybe even some tactical guidance?

On 20/06/2023 at 14:04, Aizo4576 said:

I’m trying to find a save but struggling to decide what. I want to go for a team that is top but not quite elite that I can make the best team in the world, focusing on youth. For example in FM21 I played a Roma save that was so good I never played FM22.

Can’t decide on anything this year, was thinking one of the following:

Brighton, Villareal, Napoli, Milan, Roma

could anyone suggest a team and maybe even some tactical guidance?

Villarreal or Roma for me. If I had to pick between them, then Villarreal imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a fun subtopper with enough domestic competition with enough transferbudget to do some transfers, a club who focus on buying>developping>selling young talents, who preferably play in the preliminary rounds of European football.

Any suggestions?

14 saat önce, BadAss88 said:

I'm looking for a fun subtopper with enough domestic competition with enough transferbudget to do some transfers, a club who focus on buying>developping>selling young talents, who preferably play in the preliminary rounds of European football.

Any suggestions?

ıts seems lıke ı can only offer the obvıous ones lıke rb salzburg rb leıpzıg bvb 

9 hours ago, dido53 said:

ıts seems lıke ı can only offer the obvıous ones lıke rb salzburg rb leıpzıg bvb 

I don't think RB Salzburg has enough domestic competition though.. They do have a fun squad but it would be very boring very quick beating everyone in Austria.

The other options of RB Leipzig and Dortmund are worth considering!

On 12/07/2023 at 07:26, BadAss88 said:

Any suggestions?

Maybe try Vitoria Guimaraes in Portugal?

On 12/07/2023 at 08:26, BadAss88 said:

Any suggestions?

FC Nordsjælland?

13 saat önce, BadAss88 said:

I don't think RB Salzburg has enough domestic competition though.. They do have a fun squad but it would be very boring very quick beating everyone in Austria.

The other options of RB Leipzig and Dortmund are worth considering!

ı would also consıder dınamo zagreb they produce theır talent not buyıng but ı would be worth lookıng at :) 

10 hours ago, dido53 said:

ı would also consıder dınamo zagreb they produce theır talent not buyıng but ı would be worth lookıng at :) 

Same as RB Salzburg, they don't have any domestic competition..It's far too easy to dominate in your country which I find very boring!