*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

8 minutes ago, Bielsa1975 said:

You right it does happen in IRL like chairmen refusing your 2million offer only to sell player for 300k to another club next day ,or a player refusing your 2k a week only to sign for a smaller club on £700 a week that happens irl to ? No it dont its broke every year 

Ah!Such transfers are bugs of course, Didn't say game was bug free mentioned about unexpected match results 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

Long balls from players with 0 pressure on them (using exactly the same possesion formation as last year) is just not fun to watch.

Long shots too, to a lesser extent.

ME feels like a basketball game and there is very short passing chains before the ball is inevitably launched into the stratosphere.

Also CBs have gone back to not being able to defend balls over the top no matter what you do, couple that with your keeper staying on his line and you have a recipe for a frustrating ME.

In their quest for chaotic football, that's the only flavour they've given us. This game in general has a weird attitude towards positional and possesion football. The game has struggled for many years to replicate the sort of tactical battle for positional superiority that exists in reall football today. Creating overloads through slower build up all the way to the box. It just doesn't replicate that that well.

Dont get many long balls at all . Try modifying your tactics 

21 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

Long balls from players with 0 pressure on them (using exactly the same possesion formation as last year) is just not fun to watch.

ME feels like a basketball game and there is very short passing chains before the ball is inevitably launched into the stratosphere.

Also CBs have gone back to not being able to defend balls over the top no matter what you do, couple that with your keeper staying on his line and you have a recipe for a frustrating ME.

In their quest for chaotic football, that's the only flavour they've given us. This game in general has a weird attitude towards positional and possesion football. The game has struggled for many years to replicate the sort of tactical battle for positional superiority that exists in reall football today. Creating overloads through slower build up all the way to the box. It just doesn't replicate that that well.

excellent post

1 hour ago, TheArsenal63 said:

You are right. Maybe they will adjust it in NOV 8th.

1 hour ago, TheArsenal63 said:

Nothing to do with my tactics, I've played thousands of hours of FM over the years and I'm usually on the ball with beta issues because I spend too much of my time playing it when I am free.

You can reduce long balls to an extent but by doing that, you invariably lose part of your build up from deep in your quest to fix a problem that should not exist (they might fix it by release, at least I hope so).

The ME is good for the most part but it's let down because in their quest to create more turnovers ,thus leading to more chaos, they removed user agency and player individuality (I've tested bad vs world class players as well and they all do the same things).

Been on this forum before and have had my share of the "it's your tactics" folks on here, only to be proven right when SI inevitably release a patch to the issues that we all mention here.

Let's hope they fix it at release, otherwise it might be a long wait to march.

Well I hope they don't change it too much . I dont see that many long balls at all . 

11 hours ago, autohoratio said:

He was sold to Hellas in 2021 for €7.5m, did he have a buyback clause? If it was low enough (e.g. €30m when his market value was close to that) then Man City might have triggered it to sell him at a higher price

Haha…no way you think the AI on this game is that good? Come on…

• SI Staff
On 21/10/2022 at 17:18, IgnorantLobster said:

Is there any reason players aren't called 'he' or 'him' any more? The game refers to individual players as 'they' and I keep thinking the game is talking about my squad, rather than one player.

Hi there, do you have a save game file or even better, a screenshot with this in, please?

Really enjoying the game so far and looking forward to full release,however I noticed something last night that didn't quite seem right.

My millwall side has made it through to the efl Cup semi finals v brighton (no that's not the problem) these semis are a two legged affair to be held at white Hart Lane (Tottenham Stadium) .

I was under the impression that they should be played over two legs at the respective teams stadiums?

Apologies if I have this wrong or missed a recent rule change. Anyone else noticed anything similar in their saves?

I can understand why so many are getting refunds especially if they paid full whack for the game considering the small number of new features which don't really make fm23 feel like a new game on top of issues which are there from fm22. I think supporters confidence is good feature and it's great they influencce the board but squad planner, focused scouting etc are things which I don't think are implemented too well, the scouting seems to be bugged and squad planner is just squad depth moved around doesnt add much of substance since you can't go back in time to look at previous years. Managerial timeline is a joke, I was hoping it was the press bringing up your past accomplishments but just another season review page but focused on your manager achievements.

The M.E is great but there are issues with which I assume will be resolved for final release but it's a better experience than fm22 ever so slightly as after playing you realise not too much has changed but more that things have been tweaked. So I just look at this edition as a glofiried patch and then I'm not disppointed. I wasn't even go to buy the game but I thought it would have fixed issues from fm22 at the very least so got excited when the quality of life features blog was shown but realise the same problems still persist with player interaction/unhappiness, lack of dribbling, I thought si missed a trick by not fixing it and implementing dribbling animations as a feature. Poor transfer AI when it comes to buying nselling, poor managerial appointments and sackings, most clubs now bring back former managers, lots of players stats are still the same, all things I hoped at the very least they would improve.

Saying all that I'm happy with the game, for me the m.e is great, albeit buggy which is worth the investment as fm22 felt like it was on rails. All the other stuff is a disappoint though

14 hours ago, anagain said:

Perhaps, as you're such a big fan of the game for 30 years, you might like to divulge a little on what's bloat and what issues have failed to be resolved.

For what it's worth, I do agree that some issues remain from previous versions but no one can fix that if you don't say what they are. Give SI some feedback...as that happens to be why it's called a feedback thread and not an 'I'm off and why' thread.

Maybe that way FM24 can be better for you and you can try for another 30 years. Not sure the beta's been like this for 30 years though. :D

My post may sound a little snarky, but I'm just old. It really does help to expand upon reasons that you are not pleased with. Enjoy your other games though, there are some good games out there I fail to get enough time in because of FM.

The feedback is in the bugs section, though in all fairness, much more eager people have gone on a rant early doors so there's no reason to duplicate per SI's request.

AI Squad-building, AI Squad Selection, Aging players, overplayed AI players - due to lack of AI rotation, bizarre transfers that aren't played, said bizarre transfers being sold at a loss five minutes later, transfers being unhappy within a month of joining, wonderkids that haven't been signed to a contract by an AI that seems happy to let them leave for free, half an AI team wanting out suddenly despite topping the table, players moaning about playing time because they missed one game against lower division minnows in an unimportant cup game where I played the people who needed a chance.... these are all long term save issues and long outstanding issues. So, we've said what they are for a very long time, and it's sad to see all those old posts being bought back up annually as people question why it wasn't fixed. That's without getting onto the anal repetition of the vast majority of the so-called 'dynamic interaction' that ceases to be dynamic for me within a few games resulting in a hatred of interviews - yes, you can hand them off, but the AI AM's are full blown window-lickers at times. I won't start on the match engine, some of it is wonderful animation wise, but the 'football' is not. I don't care for graphics, I care for movement and intelligence.

But yeah, I typically lose too much time to FM despite it's issues, and rarely get to play much until my annual editor offerings are complete, so it will be nice to have time for other things while the usual three months of adjustments are made to FM.

Edited by CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon

20 hours ago, gibbo11 said:

You did see Liverpool lost to 20th place Nottingham Forest in an away game two weekends ago right?

I saw Liverpool lose two weeks ago. However, in FM2023, the lower-ranked team that I play as an away team is scarier than the higher-ranked team that comes to play as an away team comes to my home stadium.

Even Manchester City of the opposing team playing at my home stadium was easier than Nottingham Forest of the opposing team where I play as an away team.

Currently, in FM2023, the gap as an away team is larger than in the previous series.

I even saw FM2022 playing again. Because of the performance problem that I play as an away team,

Of course, it is good that FM2023 has become difficult, but the gap between home and away from the lower-ranked and higer-ranked teams does not seem to be balanced.

This certainly seems to be a problem.

I wonder if there was any intention to make it difficult to play as an away team in FM2023. And I wonder if SI Staff has any plans to improve their performance when playing as an away team.

Edited by zzkeg27

14 minutes ago, zzkeg27 said:

I saw Liverpool lose two weeks ago. However, in FM2023, the lower-ranked team that I play as an away team is scarier than the higher-ranked team that comes to play as an away team comes to my home stadium.

Even Manchester City of the opposing team playing at my home stadium was easier than Nottingham Forest of the opposing team where I play as an away team.

Currently, in FM2023, the gap as an away team is larger than in the previous series.

I even saw FM2022 playing again. Because of the performance problem that I play as an away team,

Of course, it is good that FM2023 has become difficult, but the gap between home and away from the lower-ranked and higer-ranked teams does not seem to be balanced.

I wonder if there was any intention to make it difficult to play as an away team in FM2023. And I wonder if SI Staff has any plans to improve their performance when playing as an away team.

That happened in real life too. Liverpool beat City and home 1-0 and lost to Forest away 1-0 a week later.

45 minutes ago, IgnorantLobster said:

That happened in real life too. Liverpool beat City and home 1-0 and lost to Forest away 1-0 a week later.

You don't seem to understand what I wrote at all. I mentioned that I have already seen Liverpool's defeat in real life.
However, unlike real life football, FM2023's away game is too much of a balance problem compared to the previous series.
This is not a matter of saying that a team like Liverpool lost one away game.
Does it make sense that it's scarier to play with a lower-ranked team as an away team than to play Manchester City at my home stadium?
FM2023 has a ridiculously low away win rate for all teams, whether they're higher-ranked team or lower-ranked team.

Edited by zzkeg27

Board confidence should be tweaked a bit. At the start of my 3rd season with Juve, the required result in CL was "win the CL". Quite unrealistic demand I'd say but fine. So, I am first position in Serie A and I lose vs Chelsea in the Round of 16 in CL and we have a crisis where I am summoned to talk with the board who is considering to sack me? How stupid is that, they want to sack me even thoughI am sitting 1st place in the league with 9 games to go? In what universe would that happen? I managed to talked them out of it but there never should have been a meeting called in the first place.

Also 7 or 8 players want to meet because I lost the Round of 16? Me? They didn't play? They didn't concede two goals in two minutes? WTF?

I dissmissed them all, and all is good except Pogba who is left with "unh" sign. 

18 minutes ago, zzkeg27 said:

You don't seem to understand what I wrote at all. I mentioned that I have already seen Liverpool's defeat in real life.
However, unlike real life football, FM2023's away game is too much of a balance problem compared to the previous series.
Does it make sense that it's scarier to play with a lower-ranked team as an away team than to play Manchester City at my home stadium?
FM2023 has a ridiculously low away win rate for all teams.

I see you continue to write about this, but I don't see any bug report from you in that regard. If you think it's a bug, please report it in the bug tracker with a save outlining the issue and let SI take a look.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

I see you continue to write about this, but I don't see any bug report from you in that regard. If you think it's a bug, please report it in the bug tracker with a save outlining the issue and let SI take a look.

What I'm trying to say is not a bug issue.
I'm asking if it's a problem with the game system.
This is something that doesn't need to be reported to the bug tracker.

Edited by zzkeg27

1 minute ago, LucasBR said:

Really?? That's really bad, how come they didn't fix this? Jeez, thank God I haven't bought the game yet.

I disagree with the other posted, for what it's worth. I still don't think it's great, but it's clearly an improvement from FM22. I see less teams with too many players in one position and lacking in others, so there seems to have been some work done there.

Here is Liverpool's squad in 2027 for example:

3T4CbYa.png

2 minutes ago, zzkeg27 said:

What I'm trying to say is not a bug issue.
This is referring to a problem with the system of the game.
This is something that doesn't need to be reported to the bug tracker.

A "problem with the system" is just another term for a bug. If you think there is ANY issue with how the game works, report it in the bug tracker. Reporting it here you risk it being missed by the staff.

Just now, XaW said:

I disagree with the other posted, for what it's worth. I still don't think it's great, but it's clearly an improvement from FM22. I see less teams with too many players in one position and lacking in others, so there seems to have been some work done there.

Here is Liverpool's squad in 2027 for example:

3T4CbYa.png

What about AI bids for our players? My biggest complain is that they always undervalued our players, ridiculous offers etc. Is this still happening?

15 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

Board confidence should be tweaked a bit. At the start of my 3rd season with Juve, the required result in CL was "win the CL". Quite unrealistic demand I'd say but fine. So, I am first position in Serie A and I lose vs Chelsea in the Round of 16 in CL and we have a crisis where I am summoned to talk with the board who is considering to sack me? How stupid is that, they want to sack me even thoughI am sitting 1st place in the league with 9 games to go? In what universe would that happen? I managed to talked them out of it but there never should have been a meeting called in the first place.

Also 7 or 8 players want to meet because I lost the Round of 16? Me? They didn't play? They didn't concede two goals in two minutes? WTF?

I dissmissed them all, and all is good except Pogba who is left with "unh" sign. 

Quite realistic for juve I think

Just now, LucasBR said:

What about AI bids for our players? My biggest complain is that they always undervalued our players, ridiculous offers etc. Is this still happening?

I'm playing quite low down in Denmark, so I can't say for sure yet. But the few bids I've had on my players is around what you would expect for semi-pro football in the Danish 3rd tier. Most around £10k-£30k.

This player:

jaNGeVQ.png

Got a bid of around £30k + some clauses. So I'd say much better than before, but I as I said, I haven't seen too much of it yet.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'm playing quite low down in Denmark, so I can't say for sure yet. But the few bids I've had on my players is around what you would expect for semi-pro football in the Danish 3rd tier. Most around £10k-£30k.

This player:

jaNGeVQ.png

Got a bid of around £30k + some clauses. So I'd say much better than before, but I as I said, I haven't seen too much of it yet.

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

A "problem with the system" is just another term for a bug. If you think there is ANY issue with how the game works, report it in the bug tracker. Reporting it here you risk it being missed by the staff.

Which bug tracker should I write this on? I've seen a list of bug trackers, but this doesn't apply anywhere. Because the away team performance I think is not a bug.

12 minutes ago, zzkeg27 said:

Which bug tracker should I write this on? I've seen a list of bug trackers, but this doesn't apply anywhere. Because the away team performance I think is not a bug.

Here:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-early-access-beta-bugs-tracker/753_match-engine-ai-and-tactics/

4 minutes ago, gunnerfan said:

“Wokeness” comes to FM. Sigh.

I don't have that option so I'm wondering if it's someone trolling....

image.png.3cab9d348d2c2bed56ed64726386fba9.png

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

I've seen all the posts on Match Engine - AI and Tactics, but I think I'm saying something different than what I'm trying to say. :(
This is not a matter of AI and tactics.
What I'm saying doesn't apply at all.

1 hour ago, zzkeg27 said:

I feel that specially starting on the second half of the season, to what seems unresable ammount

2 minutes ago, zzkeg27 said:

I've seen all the posts on Match Engine - AI and Tactics, but I think I'm saying something different than what I'm trying to say. :(
This is not a matter of AI and tactics.
What I'm saying doesn't apply at all.

Please just report it in there.

39 minutes ago, XaW said:

Please just report it in there.

This is a completely different bug tracker board. If you think this is a bug, please let me know the appropriate bug tracker.....
It doesn't seem meaningful to write my writing there.
I think this is the best place to write FM2023 feedback Thread. This is by no means a bug issue.

Edited by zzkeg27

2 hours ago, zzkeg27 said:

FM2023 has a ridiculously low away win rate for all teams, whether they're higher-ranked team or lower-ranked team.

Do you have compiled data to back up this claim? Does every team in your save have an harder time winning on the road or just you?

1 hour ago, zzkeg27 said:

This is a completely different bug tracker board. If you think this is a bug, please let me know the appropriate bug tracker.....
It doesn't seem meaningful to write my writing there.
I think this is the best place to write FM2023 feedback Thread. This is by no means a bug issue.

If you report it in the bug tracker, it will be looked at and logged by the SI staff who can investigate to see what exactly is causing the problem relating to away team winrate. As far as I understand it doesn't matter too much if you post it in the "Match Engine, AI and Tactics" subforum, or in the "All Other Gameplay" subforum; SI staff will most likely move the bug report to the most appropriate subforum.

15 hours ago, Teep said:

Many people were able to get a refund even after the 2 hours mark, if you want it. How they did it and what they wrote in their ticket was talked earlier in this topic, I dont exactly remember.

2hrs? I got a refund after two weeks, Steam didn't even question it, think I gave the option 'other' and stated "doesn't live up to expectations compared to last year, is essentially the same game plus bloat"

Edited by CoffeeFueledCurmudgeon