• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HUNT3R changed the title to Cheapest Place to Buy FM23
9 minutes ago, Iggy Hassan said:

<link removed>

"Electronic First" aren't on the SEGA Approved Partner List, so I would be wary - I haven't heard of the site you linked to before

As well as that, that site says "This is not a game key. You will be sent a new steam account made for you preloaded with the game." - That sounds a bit sketchy to me as this isn't how the game is sold by other retailers.

edit: I think "[sending] a new steam account made for you preloaded with the game" might break Steam's Subscriber Agreement, too - emphasis mine:

Your Account, including any information pertaining to it (e.g.: contact information, billing information, Account history and Subscriptions, etc.), is strictly personal. You may therefore not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise transfer your Account, nor may you sell, charge others for the right to use, or transfer any Subscriptions other than if and as expressly permitted by this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use) or as otherwise specifically permitted by Valve.

Edited by autohoratio

Has anyone bought Football Manager 2023 off Shopto yet and is it the digital version of the game? as my laptop doesnt have disk drive for cds and dont want to be pre ordering fm23 and getting the disk version delivered on the 8th November.

Edited by Jay25H

35 minutes ago, Jay25H said:

Has anyone bought Football Manager 2023 off Shopto yet and is it the digital version of the game? as my laptop doesnt have disk drive for cds and dont want to be pre ordering fm23 and getting the disk version delivered on the 8th November.

From past experience ShopTo sell the digital version, but for FM23 the physical version won't come with a disk anyway, only a code inside the box to redeem the game on Steam/Epic/MS Store

25 minutes ago, Jay25H said:

Ahh right so with it being the digital copy of the game you get a code sent to your email or your shopto account within minutes after purchasing the game to put straight into steam to activate it?

Yeah normally in your shop to account. It’s usually very fast 

13 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Yeah normally in your shop to account. It’s usually very fast 

Yeah, can second this.  I've used Shopto for the last two years, got the code pretty much instantly and then redeemed it within Steam so the game appeared in my library straight away.  Obviously couldn't download it til the beta launched, but it was there in the Steam library ready.

18 hours ago, autohoratio said:

"Electronic First" aren't on the SEGA Approved Partner List, so I would be wary - I haven't heard of the site you linked to before

As well as that, that site says "This is not a game key. You will be sent a new steam account made for you preloaded with the game." - That sounds a bit sketchy to me as this isn't how the game is sold by other retailers.

edit: I think "[sending] a new steam account made for you preloaded with the game" might break Steam's Subscriber Agreement, too - emphasis mine:

This is a classic tactic used by people who have used stolen credit card info to pocket the money and remove the link to themselves in the process (aka money laundering). 100% sketchy and best avoided.

Edited by kevhamster

19 hours ago, priority76 said:

Seems a bit more pricey this year.  I don't think I've spent more than £26-27 before.  Not that I'm complaining over £4.

The full price of the game has increased from £39.99 to £44.99, so this would explain the increase I think.

2 hours ago, kevhamster said:

This is a classic tactic used by people who have used stolen credit card info to pocket the money and remove the link to themselves in the process (aka money laundering). 100% sketchy and best avoided.

Is a mod able to remove the link, only as don’t want people to get scammed or anything. 

10 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

Is a mod able to remove the link, only as don’t want people to get scammed or anything. 

I've reported the link.  I certainly don't think there was any malice on the part of the person who posted it, but I agree the link should probably be removed.

26 minutes ago, LiamG1878 said:

I ordered from ShopTo last year. It was a full digital purchase. This year seems different as they will send the box. As a result it looks like you won't get the code until the box arrives. This means ordering from there may not allow to access the beta.

Will probably not buy from there just to be safe, however as you said last year it was a full digital purchase. So hopefully it's just an error with their website and it'll change to be digital.

3 minutes ago, Emozil said:

Will probably not buy from there just to be safe, however as you said last year it was a full digital purchase. So hopefully it's just an error with their website and it'll change to be digital.

I have pre ordered. Wish I hadn't now with the uncertainty on how the code will be sent.

1 hour ago, LiamG1878 said:

I ordered from ShopTo last year. It was a full digital purchase. This year seems different as they will send the box. As a result it looks like you won't get the code until the box arrives. This means ordering from there may not allow to access the beta.

18 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

I was just about to pre order Football Manager 2023 from Shopto until i saw your message on here, cause last year you get the code in your shopto account within minutes of paying for the game

5 minutes ago, Jay25H said:

I was just about to pre order Football Manager 2023 from Shopto until i saw your message on here, cause last year you get the code in your shopto account within minutes of paying for the game

I have cancelled the pre order. Hopefully refund won't be a nightmare. I spoke to the chat on messenger and they weren't great. They basically said they aren't sure they will get beta codes despite being on the list of participating retailers. The code will come in the box on 8th November. I see no reason why they would give you two different codes. I asked if they would do it like last year and they weren't sure.

@LiamG1878 Ive ended up going back on to fanatical to pre order fm23 after seeing what you wrote about shopto and got the steam key within seconds so if youre looking to get the digital copy with beta access i recommend using them mate, gutted for you having to mess around with the refunding of your money.

4 minutes ago, Jay25H said:

@LiamG1878 Ive ended up going back on to fanatical to pre order fm23 after seeing what you wrote about shopto and got the steam key within seconds so if youre looking to get the digital copy with beta access i recommend using them mate, gutted for you having to mess around with the refunding of your money.

Thanks for the information about Fanatical. I will order from them once I resolve the refund with ShopTo. Hopefully my experience will help others.

5 minutes ago, Jay25H said:

Thanks for the information about Fanatical. I will order from them once I resolve the refund with ShopTo. Hopefully my experience will help others.

1 minute ago, LiamG1878 said:

Oh thanks for that, I assumed that as I’ve always brought from them I’d get a code like normal and not a pack. This day and age no need for packs in my view anyways. But looking at FM23 website it states “ digital retailers only” will have to cancel myself then I guess 

8 minutes ago, LiamG1878 said:

Fanatical has an additional 5% off using PASSION4FM so takes it to £32.05. What's 20p difference to guarantee a beta code.

20p seems a lot more than that! But agree, also potentially 4.25% cashback via TopCashback as well. 

Edited by zakbrown96

On 16/09/2022 at 13:08, FrazT said:

@Iggy Hassan  We are not sure about the legality of the site that you have linked to, so it has been hidden pending a review

Hi, Sorry I hadn't read the small print. I just did a Google search and that one appeared the cheapest. Wasn't done on purpose. No I haven't heard of that site before either. But it does look legit. I will probably stick to shopto as I normally purchase it from there.

4 hours ago, Iggy Hassan said:

Hi, Sorry I hadn't read the small print. I just did a Google search and that one appeared the cheapest. Wasn't done on purpose. No I haven't heard of that site before either. But it does look legit. I will probably stick to shopto as I normally purchase it from there.

No problems.

3 hours ago, Freakiie said:

Seeing how shopto delivers a boxed copy this year for some reason, anyone has a good spot for non UK buyers? I checked out Fanatical, but for me it has a massive price difference compared to shopto.

The box will come without a physical disk inside.

What about gamesplanet (official SEGA retailer).

Just now, fc.cadoni said:

The box will come without a physical disk inside.

What about gamesplanet (official SEGA retailer).

But it's still a box that needs to be shipped from the UK to my place for €8, instead of just giving me a steam code like they've done in the past years, and who knows when it will actually arrive, meaning I might not actually get beta access. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

But it's still a box that needs to be shipped from the UK to my place for €8, instead of just giving me a steam code like they've done in the past years, and who knows when it will actually arrive, meaning I might not actually get beta access. :lol:

So, there is no reason for box thing then. You can check gamebillet as well.

7 hours ago, kingjericho said:

I still get the box solely for collecting purposes. It's more expensive and I have to wait longer to get but I don't want to stop the streak now.

I usually end up buying two copies, a boxed edition and key only. There is no longer a box edition for my region ( Australia) that will activate so I buy twice

Just to confirm regarding ShopTo.net who are often the regular and cheapest provider for many of us...

I contacted them direct to clarify if a game code will be provided digitally as has been the norm for the past few years. However, they clarified their FM23 sales will be sold as a physical pack sent in the post (as most feared).

Shame, as many die-hard FM fans desire the game code the moment the beta goes live. Although it may only be a few quid, it feels like those most loyal fans are being punished this year, at a time when finances are so tight!

Can SI provide an explanation to why the traditionally cheapiest retailer of the game is being restricted to a physical copy of the game/code in the post? Surely this isn't their own preference?

35 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Can SI provide an explanation to why the traditionally cheapiest retailer of the game is being restricted to a physical copy of the game/code in the post? Surely this isn't their own preference?

I think this would be an issue between SEGA and the retailer, I wouldn’t think this something SI would have control over?

1 hour ago, McClane29 said:

Just to confirm regarding ShopTo.net who are often the regular and cheapest provider for many of us...

I contacted them direct to clarify if a game code will be provided digitally as has been the norm for the past few years. However, they clarified their FM23 sales will be sold as a physical pack sent in the post (as most feared).

Shame, as many die-hard FM fans desire the game code the moment the beta goes live. Although it may only be a few quid, it feels like those most loyal fans are being punished this year, at a time when finances are so tight!

Si are the game developers and have nothing to do with the game distribution- this is handled by SEGA.

31 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Si are the game developers and have nothing to do with the game distribution- this is handled by SEGA.

I blame sonic and mario, but in all seriousness, For the sake of a few extra pounds it’s probably better just to go digital then hopefully FM can do print at home case covers. For memories sake and collections better for environment and means people can say they’ve got the pack.

12 hours ago, McClane29 said:

Am I missing something? The link below says:

Digital download - no game disc included or required”

https://www.shopto.net/en/pcfo01-football-manager-2023-p1175689/

1 hour ago, Scoham said:

Am I missing something? The link below says:

Digital download - no game disc included or required”

https://www.shopto.net/en/pcfo01-football-manager-2023-p1175689/

You get a physical box, with the Steam key inside and no CD. That's how box sales for computer games tend to work nowadays. Just add it to your cart and you'll see it includes a shipping fee, which obviously wouldn't be required if it was a purely digital sale.

В 24.09.2022 в 11:53, Freakiie сказал:

You get a physical box, with the Steam key inside and no CD. That's how box sales for computer games tend to work nowadays. Just add it to your cart and you'll see it includes a shipping fee, which obviously wouldn't be required if it was a purely digital sale.

Exactly! I was really close to buy it from ShopTo, but then saw "shipping fee" and realised that I won't be able to play unless physical box came with mail :/

This is a really odd choice from ShopTo and SEGA. Most probably preorder for Beta Access, and now thats a no-go, on top of SI being "Enviromentally Friendly" in previous itterations, there is now a cardboard box very few care for or need.

Edited by KillYourIdols

47 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

This is a really odd choice from ShopTo and SEGA. Most probably preorder for Beta Access, and now thats a no-go, on top of SI being "Enviromentally Friendly" in previous itterations, there is now a cardboard box very few care for or need.

I'm wondering if Sega got hassle from other retailers due to Shopto always undercutting everyone and this is how they've responded to that?

Otherwise, it does seem a completely bizarre decision to have made.