TCSSkin

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, john1 said:

He's back! :applause:

P.S - How you getting on with Brighton? Wouldn't mind reading it ;)

started at derby, relegated in the first season, got back to back promotions before leaving for rangers halfway through season 4. Won three league titles and resigned and ended up at Brighton where ive been for like the last six months or so. Think we can push for Europa League this season, but I put the save down because it was pre-winter update

On 26/03/2022 at 01:26, bluestillidie00 said:

TCS4

Very much a week long project, and it is very take it or leave it. I haven't encountered any bugs and if they exist, then they likely won't be fixed unless they're game breaking.

Built on a 1920x1080 Resolution, it won't work below that, don't ask.

A big thank you for the help to @FMEnhanced@michaeltmurrayuk, @wkdsoul and @Wozzie, as well as many more who've inspired me and guided me through the years.

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/t2l052tk9m6xidm/TCS4_v1.0.fmf/file

1569040_20220326011103_1.png

1569040_20220326011411_1.png

1569040_20220326011415_1.png

1569040_20220326011423_1.png

1569040_20220325161525_1.png

1569040_20220326011359_1.png

1569040_20220326011405_1.png

1569040_20220326012326_1.png

Brilliant as always. Thanks.

When you frankenstien the TCS4 titlebar into FME...

image.png.81ddd47298f151c0647ebe5b69375a8c.png

Top work as always blues!!!!

@bluestillidie00Only issue ive really found is when you use the skin with backgrounds, text in the sidebar becomes basically unreadable dependant on the background image. Could be prudent to add an overlay image to darken any bg images if people have them. But otherwise, class is always!

Example:

48e0737e70cff6efedded50be718e525.png.19db442360bcafec02654985928358db.png

17 minutes ago, Drakestone said:

When you frankenstien the TCS4 titlebar into FME...

image.png.81ddd47298f151c0647ebe5b69375a8c.png

Top work as always blues!!!!

@bluestillidie00Only issue ive really found is when you use the skin with backgrounds, text in the sidebar becomes basically unreadable dependant on the background image. Could be prudent to add an overlay image to darken any bg images if people have them. But otherwise, class is always!

Example:

48e0737e70cff6efedded50be718e525.png.19db442360bcafec02654985928358db.png

Not something I'm likely to look at for the base experience, but I might add an easy tweak for users if they want it. I'll add it to the list

2 hours ago, MattyEssTTV said:

Would love to know how to do this!?

Its actually not that difficult, just have to copy the TCS box grphics folder to the FME Zealand graphics folder, replace the titlebar.xml from FME with the one from TCS, copy the classes folder over and then make a few modifications to the titlebar.xml file itself. Was only an hour or so work if that.

7 minutes ago, junkerne said:

Just one question comes to mind...Why

Why what? Why move the sidebar so the header has more horizontal space? Why change the colours to always be the club colours? Thats not exactly a very descriptive question...

Main reason I moved the sidebar and added in the background colours is so the sidebar is never unreadable. Also moving it gives the titlebar more space and by reducing the font size of the search bar text it means you never get the division next to a club name thats long or the holders of a league or cup thats long cramped down or become cut off. Does that answer your questions? Also it makes everything veiwable at smaller resolutions than the original skin.

Edited by Drakestone

11 minutes ago, Drakestone said:

Why what? Why move the sidebar so the header has more horizontal space? Why change the colours to always be the club colours? Thats not exactly a very descriptive question...

Main reason I moved the sidebar and added in the background colours is so the sidebar is never unreadable. Also moving it gives the titlebar more space and by reducing the font size of the search bar text it means you never get the division next to a club name thats long or the holders of a league or cup thats long cramped down or become cut off. Does that answer your questions? Also it makes everything veiwable at smaller resolutions than the original skin.

no, it was a Why to why the need to rip someone elses work to shreads.

2 minutes ago, junkerne said:

why does anyone frankenstein a skin? Usually to fit their own needs. For example i play at a very low resolution but love the look of TCSs Header, so therefore I modify the skin to work for me. Its not something I'm going to release. As for TCS4 itself I've already commended bluestilidie on a great skin and given feedback on it, so what's the problem?

Edited by Drakestone

2 minutes ago, Drakestone said:

why does anyone frankenstein a skin? Usually to fit their own needs. For example i play at a very low resolution but love the look of TCSs Header, so therefore I modify the skin to work for me. Its not something I'm going to release. As for TCS4 itself I've already commended bluestilidie on a great skin and given feedback on it, so what's the problem?

So because you said @bluestillidie00 did a great job and a nice skin, it's okay for you to just rip it apart and show?

If you can't see how demotivating it much be to spend hours upon hours making something good and ncie and just to have someone like you come and ripit i don't know

even for personal use, i would prefer not knowing someone ripped it to shreads, but i guess it makes sence who so many skinners is stopping to make public skins...

i am aware this is my personal opinion and i'll leave it here.  

1 minute ago, junkerne said:

So because you said @bluestillidie00 did a great job and a nice skin, it's okay for you to just rip it apart and show?

If you can't see how demotivating it much be to spend hours upon hours making something good and ncie and just to have someone like you come and ripit i don't know

even for personal use, i would prefer not knowing someone ripped it to shreads, but i guess it makes sence who so many skinners is stopping to make public skins...

No, the reason people don't release their skins is because they either don't want the hassle of having to try to adapt it to work for everybody, they just want to do it for themselves, which is understandable. Either that or they don't like the fact that some people will come and modify their skin and then relese it without either crediting the original skin or even ask permission in order to use it. Neither of which have I done or am planning to.

I've released my own skins in the past and have absolutely zero issue with people changing it in any way to work for them. Only when they've then attempted to release it as their own work have I got aggravated over it.

But as you say, each to their own. If blues was upset over it he would have said already.

5 hours ago, junkerne said:

agree, it's all about respect @bluestillidie00's work

6 hours ago, junkerne said:

43 minutes ago, bondanhstp said:

agree, it's all about respect @bluestillidie00's work

I appreciate the sentiments, but I have absolutely no issue with people picking apart the skin. @Drakestone has been doing this longer than me, his skins from FM14 or so were inspirations for me when I started in FM15. Even then, for a while TCS was one of these frankenskins, I think everyone's are while they're learning the ropes. Like i said, I appreciate the thought, but it's a non-issue.

Now moderator head on, the issue is resolved, if anyone would like to discuss feel free to shoot me a PM.

I see that it won't work on displays under 1080p, but will it work with a display over that? I have a 1440p monitor and I was hoping to use this (It looks amazing as always!), but if it's going to have major issues then I'd probably rather stick with the default.

20 minutes ago, tota73 said:

I see that it won't work on displays under 1080p, but will it work with a display over that? I have a 1440p monitor and I was hoping to use this (It looks amazing as always!), but if it's going to have major issues then I'd probably rather stick with the default.

it will, i primarily use 1440p, zoomed in. It doesn't look as good, but it's fine

I've tweaked it a little bit for higher resolutions in v1.1

image.thumb.png.e17490cad777e09ffc136fab0e380dfb.png

9 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

I appreciate the sentiments, but I have absolutely no issue with people picking apart the skin. @Drakestone has been doing this longer than me, his skins from FM14 or so were inspirations for me when I started in FM15. Even then, for a while TCS was one of these frankenskins, I think everyone's are while they're learning the ropes. Like i said, I appreciate the thought, but it's a non-issue.

Now moderator head on, the issue is resolved, if anyone would like to discuss feel free to shoot me a PM.

hey blue silly question but I suck at editing and i love your work, its just that I love to change the in match panels. id remove the dugout and replace it with stats that would help in game but I dont know how to let alone on a mac. please out of kindness of your heart can you at least point me in the right direction, but I wouldn't mind paying to support your hard work if you can help us.

19 hours ago, Drakestone said:

Its actually not that difficult, just have to copy the TCS box grphics folder to the FME Zealand graphics folder, replace the titlebar.xml from FME with the one from TCS, copy the classes folder over and then make a few modifications to the titlebar.xml file itself. Was only an hour or so work if that.

Had a crack and it looks great, only issue was with the red boxes in the FM, World, Back and Forward buttons, how did you work around that? I have tried everything. 

2 hours ago, MattyEssTTV said:

Had a crack and it looks great, only issue was with the red boxes in the FM, World, Back and Forward buttons, how did you work around that? I have tried everything. 

you're missing colours. ive likely named them tcs_ui or something. inside the settings folder there's a file called tcs settings, you'll need to copy that to fme

5 hours ago, Darnel23 said:

hey blue silly question but I suck at editing and i love your work, its just that I love to change the in match panels. id remove the dugout and replace it with stats that would help in game but I dont know how to let alone on a mac. please out of kindness of your heart can you at least point me in the right direction, but I wouldn't mind paying to support your hard work if you can help us.

if you use michael murray's panels they'll work 

https://sites.google.com/site/michaeltmurrayuk/fm2021/skin/fm21-match-screens-mod-v2?authuser=0

8 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

you're missing colours. ive likely named them tcs_ui or something. inside the settings folder there's a file called tcs settings, you'll need to copy that to fme

this, you need to copy the stuff from TCSs settings.xml in the settings folder of the skin and paste it into the settings.xml for the FME skin and then edit it

it is indeed the tcs_ui colour setting that controls it, right now itll be called up in the titlebar.xml but you havent defined it in the settings, so it defaults to the original image colour which is red.

Paste this somewhere in the FME settings file...

<!-- TCS EDIT -->

<!-- TITLEBAR -->
    <colour name="tcs_bg"                                                                     value="rgb(32,34,36)" />
    <colour name="tcs_bg_lighter"                                                     value="rgb(42,44,46)" />    
    <colour name="tcs_accent"                                                     value="rgb(55,175,247)" />    

<!-- ACCENT COLOURS -->  
    <colour name="fg accent"                                                     value="tcs_accent" />
    <colour name="bg accent"                                                     value="tcs_accent" />
    <colour name="title"                                                     value="tcs_accent" />

<!-- TWITTER -->
    <colour name="twitter" value="rgb(23,160,238)"/>
    <colour name="twitter_base_font" value="rgb(101,119,134)"/>

If it still doesnt work after doing that it's because you haven't pasted the 'classes' folder from the TCS skin into the FME skin folder which is where the tcs_ui class is held

Edited by Drakestone

On 02/04/2022 at 13:58, s_pasmus said:

Hi @bluestillidie00how can i lock highlighted panels? Each time I return to the player's page they reset automatically, without saving my changes. Thanks for the work you do for the community

Immagine 2022-04-02 145146.png

It's an FM bug that has been around for years unfortunately 

On 02/04/2022 at 14:58, s_pasmus said:

Hi @bluestillidie00how can i lock highlighted panels? Each time I return to the player's page they reset automatically, without saving my changes. Thanks for the work you do for the community

Immagine 2022-04-02 145146.png

1. Untick the “Automatically override custom panels” in the Preferences.

2. The best thing within the custom both small and big selectors is to not having the same widgets in all selectors. For example: small selector1 will include widgets like plans, transfers, contract, the small selector2 will include pro cons, eliglibility etc. It will ensure there won't be the same widgets/codes/ids within small selectors and they will not reset because of using them in more than one place. The same thing happens within match screens for many years, that's why I like to have it divided to more selectors with less widgets. Hopefully, it's understadable.

6 hours ago, keysi said:

1. Untick the “Automatically override custom panels” in the Preferences.

2. The best thing within the custom both small and big selectors is to not having the same widgets in all selectors. For example: small selector1 will include widgets like plans, transfers, contract, the small selector2 will include pro cons, eliglibility etc. It will ensure there won't be the same widgets/codes/ids within small selectors and they will not reset because of using them in more than one place. The same thing happens within match screens for many years, that's why I like to have it divided to more selectors with less widgets. Hopefully, it's understadable.

yeah i get the thinking, i'll consider it, im just skeptical as I like the full customisabilty of it all, 

even then in like 10000 hours of football manager, ive never had the bug

Don't be fooled though, this skin will indeed work on smaller resolutions but it will require you to delete the panels/clubs and panels/player folders and use the default club and player overview panels or source some from another skin like FME that work at smaller resolutions. These are the only panels in this skin that do not scale well below the resolution the skin was built for.

In short, if you have a laptop or a low resolution screen, you can still use this skin.

On 06/04/2022 at 12:31, Drakestone said:

Don't be fooled though, this skin will indeed work on smaller resolutions but it will require you to delete the panels/clubs and panels/player folders and use the default club and player overview panels or source some from another skin like FME that work at smaller resolutions. These are the only panels in this skin that do not scale well below the resolution the skin was built for.

In short, if you have a laptop or a low resolution screen, you can still use this skin.

How do you do this on a Mac?

On 30/03/2022 at 23:54, bluestillidie00 said:

it will, i primarily use 1440p, zoomed in. It doesn't look as good, but it's fine

I've tweaked it a little bit for higher resolutions in v1.1

image.thumb.png.e17490cad777e09ffc136fab0e380dfb.png

Loving the skin, just noticed mention of v1.1 here - has that been released? Thanks.