Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

1 hour ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Big problem is this is such a short notice bank holiday. Definitely are some sectors where you are leaving people in the lurch if you treat it as a day off.

Should they have had her in the fridge and waited a few months? It's a Bank holiday isn't it meaning not everyone is off, the Police certainly aren't, and the plans have been in place for decades all trusts should have had a plan in place including if she'd died on their patch.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, InigoPatinkin said:

Arresting people trying to assault people holding up signs seems a much better use of police time than arresting the people with signs if you ask me. 

Really one in a van taken away and released a few minutes later out of harm's way with no paperwork, or scraping him up off the floor, or sticking twenty coppers in between him and those wanting to beat him up for a few hours, which will use more resources?

The Police have done him a favour he won't see it that way as he's a tit. If a Funeral of a Queen wasn't enough to push the pro monarchist, you have an anti-monarchist making it even more popular.  

He's got his five minutes of fame though. ''It's what he would have wanted''.

Edited by Garethjohn79

3 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Really one in a van taken away and released a few minutes later out of harm's way with no paperwork, scraping him up off the floor, or sticking twenty coppers in between him and those wanting to beat him up for a few hours? 

Yes. Police aren't there to make their job easier by infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens because they can't be bothered to deal with people who are actually breaking the law. 

I mean, the arrest has got a a very pro monarchy MP questioning it, so I'm not sure it's actually making your argument. In fact judging by reactions to that and Centre parks etc, it's making people decidedly angry about what's going on. Don't think it's doing the monarchy any favours even though they haven't called for it. 

It's the type of ******** defence that enables action which nearly always impacts the vulnerable and ethnic minorities 

I'd have slightly (but not much) more time for the police if at any point they had said "look we're not trying to stop you protesting, but you might end up winding a few people up and if you're deep in the crowd we might not be able to get to you, so have a think" or something like that. But so far it looks like they've just come full jackboot in every example 

1 minute ago, InigoPatinkin said:

Yes. Police aren't there to make their job easier by infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens because they can't be bothered to deal with people who are actually breaking the law. 

They are there to protect first, they protected the tit from getting beaten up in the most efficient way possible. Hes not in hospital they've done their job. Who else were breaking the law? They prevented a crime from happening his assault again what Policing should be about.  

1 minute ago, Garethjohn79 said:

They are there to protect first, they protected the tit from getting beaten up in the most efficient way possible. Hes not in hospital they've done their job. Who else were breaking the law? They prevented a crime from happening his assault again what Policing should be about.  

This is the kind of ******** argument that sees minorities routinely have their rights violated by the police. So I would really like to know if you're going to defend racist policing soon

They are there to protect first, they protected the tit from getting beaten up in the most efficient way possible. Hes not in hospital they've done their job.

The most efficient way is not the right way when it means denying innocent people the right to protest. 

Who else were breaking the law? They prevented a crime from happening his assault again what Policing should be about.  

Beating people up is against the law. Arrest people who try to do that. 

Just now, InigoPatinkin said:

If you let the police put law-abiding people in the back of a van for an easy time of things you end up with a police force that arrests women holding a vigil for a woman murdered by a police officer.

You reckon winding a huge crowd peacefully watching a hears with a queen in it is the same as that? At no point have I said you shouldn't protest, I'm saying they have prevented an escalation by removing the antagonist who could have been severely hurt, should the police have left him be? The Police had the safety of thousands to look after including the tit. They didn't have an internet forum to debate over hours and days to decide what to do, they had a few minutes, in this case taking him away and letting him go was the best way to handle it. 

You reckon winding a huge crowd peacefully watching a hears with a queen in it is the same as that? At no point have I said you shouldn't protest, I'm saying they have prevented an escalation by removing the antagonist who could have been severely hurt, should the police have left him be? The Police had the safety of thousands to look after including the tit. They didn't have an internet forum to debate over hours and days to decide what to do, they had a few minutes, in this case taking him away and letting him go was the best way to handle it. 

They weren't watching a hearse. They were at a proclamation of Charles which he disagreed with, which was hundreds of miles away from where the coffin is.

5 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

This is the kind of ******** argument that sees minorities routinely have their rights violated by the police. So I would really like to know if you're going to defend racist policing soon

Yu are taking thing out of context and you know full well you are. Tell me what should the police have done Left him be? 

13 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

People have lost their heads. 

It's the polarising nature that monarchy has, it gets tied in with patriotism quite often. Only have to see the usual eyes on Liverpool tonight happily juiced up and offended. 

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

He's lucky you're not the police because the most efficient way of dealing with his poorly considered posts would be to ban him :D 

5 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

The most efficient way is not the right way when it means denying innocent people the right to protest. 

Beating people up is against the law. Arrest people who try to do that. 

And they prevented him being assaulted. What is your priority his health or his right to protest?

7 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Weirdly enough they don't wheel out the body of the previous monarch for the proclamation of the next one. He doesn't have to wrestle the crown from the corpse of his mother. 

The police should be allowing people express their democratic rights by arresting the people who are willing to be violent to prevent that happening. If you can't listen to someone saying something you disagree with in public then you really shouldn't be allowed out until you can. Everyone is peaceful when they've got things how they want them. 

And they prevented him being assaulted. What is your priority his health or his right to protest?

Again, just how low are your standards for the police? The idea that it's an either or choice is hilarious. 

Edited by InigoPatinkin

3 minutes ago, ginnybob said:

They weren't watching a hearse. They were at a proclamation of Charles which he disagreed with, which was hundreds of miles away from where the coffin is.

Unlike the Monarchist you are I've not been glued to the telly all day and have watched very little of any of it. But you are right let them protest, let them do it with thousands around who'll get annoyed, and let them risk their own safety. 

Just now, Garethjohn79 said:

Unlike the Monarchist you are I've not been glued to the telly all day and have watched very little of any of it. But you are right let them protest, let them do it with thousands around who'll get annoyed, and let them risk their own safety. 

The hell are you on about? I've watched nothing on the TV. Why don't you try having a look at the things you're arguing about?

6 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

He's lucky you're not the police because the most efficient way of dealing with his poorly considered posts would be to ban him :D 

Why because I don't agree with you, you'd have done so? I've said umpteen times they have a right to protest, there is a time and a place. 

Just now, Garethjohn79 said:

Why because I don't agree with you, you'd have done so? I've said umpteen times they have a right to protest, there is a time and a place. 

It's a joke to highlight the ridiculous fallacy that the "efficient" way is synonymous with "right" way. If everyone started abusing you for your (frankly, ridiculous) takes and TMS banned you because he couldn't be bothered to deal with banning the people who were abusing you he'd be whatever the mod equivalent of sacked is. 

When Sega have higher standards for their mods than the Met does for their police you know things probably need some work. 

Why because I don't agree with you,. 

Well more so because it’s just a ridiculously argument. 

Like for example, if Inigo said he was going to slap the **** out of you unless you stopped posting such nonsense, who do you think the mods should ban?

Edited by Vynal Seven

3 minutes ago, InigoPatinkin said:

"I couldn't be bothered to do a basic modicum of research on the topic I'm trying to discuss with others" is a hell of a take.

Are you sure you don't actually work for the police Gareth? 

I can't be bothered to spend as much time as you on twitter and internet forums no. But I do understand when the Police are taking the health of one tit into consideration as it happens in almost any city centre on a Saturday night. They remove those who are better being away from a situation than allowing them to stay and causing more problems. what's wrong with that? 

Just now, ginnybob said:

What are those times and places? Just so we know when people are allowed to assault others with impunity and when they're not.

Pissed up twats who can't walk being taken home or advised to use a taxi for eg.

Those gobbing off not yet in a fight but looking for one and may get a good hiding later on. Get them away from a situation that may get them hurt or in further trouble.