The FM21 Youth Academy Challenge

Just now, scarp said:

Brora Rangers - 2023/24

f69853c5a6644f5e6e36ce7d3391d00e.png

c1976e2a24ad1c65d78eca5dbe75ec0b.png

Miracle promotion might be the thing that can save our finances as money in Scottish Championship is way better than in L1. Even if we demote back to L1 next season, we will get twice the money we could get by winning L1. We played worse than last year in my opinion but with massive luck we managed to get on form for play-offs and advance. Decent intake again, no upgrades again. We will be the only not professional club in Scottish Championship.

c8e4be9e9b11e30af488b4215d42f8c5.png

Transfers | Youth in-take

Key players: Greg MorrisonJordan MacRae & Millar Gamble

6615a3e9a30a3ccc6669e575a598eb83.png

God damn you get through seasons so fast

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

I dont use instant result, but always looking for good skins. Where do you get yours?

FM Scout or sortitoutsi . FM scout published 3 already, but only one default (dark) with instant result (wannachup). I'll test that one.

7 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

FM Scout or sortitoutsi . FM scout published 3 already, but only one default (dark) with instant result (wannachup). I'll test that one.

you want be careful with the dark instant one its a bit buggy and didnt work at all for me messed up my game proper.

40 minutes ago, Maikol said:

you want be careful with the dark instant one its a bit buggy and didnt work at all for me messed up my game proper.

Thanks,  the creator had 0 crashes in 30 hours so i'm going to give it a try . i'll let u know.

6 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Thanks,  the creator had 0 crashes in 30 hours so i'm going to give it a try . i'll let u know.

Looking at the comments its a bit 50/50 however the light skin version of it works fine for me so ill use it until the dark skin gets more refined

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

i've been using the dark one for a bit today and so far so good. It's much better than the default game skin as well

I’ve been following this thread for a few years now, and I’ve found it really inspiring seeing the determination most of you possess. So after a few fun journeyman saves on FM20, I think I might start this on FM21 on full release. :onmehead:

Edited by Gundo

JS Hercules 21-22

image.thumb.png.3f2745165597a6908d0bbeb96ee944eb.png

Did a oopsie and got promoted to the Finnish Premier Division even though i got predicted 9th (won the league too after the split so didn't need playoffs). Good news is that I got a Golden Generation youth intake so perhaps this is the start of the conveyor belt.

image.thumb.png.6f64bdf18816abb4f59fc0e1f795628b.png

-Transfers

-Youth Intake

-Current Squad (who arent terrible)

-Finances

Edited by Maikol

34 minutes ago, Gundo said:

I’ve been following this thread for a few years now, and I’ve found it really inspiring seeing the determination most of you possess. So after a few fun journeyman saves on FM20, I think I might start this on FM21 on full release. :onmehead:

Be careful @Gundo.  Once you start this challenge, you can’t stop!  :D

54 minutes ago, Gundo said:

You're more than welcome! Your challenge was the one that brought me into this way back when! Still remember you trying to win in Norway! :D

21 hours ago, darren1983 said:

Right, couldn't get Dynamo Berlin so Kingstonian it is. Profile

I probably should have carried on trying to get Berlin as Kingstonian did not go well - only keeper retired and only let back broke his leg on opening day so not a shock that I didn't last long. Based on last year I'll be sacked several times before I find my club though so hey ho.

May actually have a go at ultimate challenge or a bit just to get to grips with the game

I've got a reply about the German u17 bug

Sorry, but I've just been informed by our resident licensing expert that we will not be able to include this for FM21 for licensing reasons.  If we can include it for a future version we will. 

48 minutes ago, XaW said:

You're more than welcome! Your challenge was the one that brought me into this way back when! Still remember you trying to win in Norway! :D

No surprises for guessing where I’ll be managing ... :D

I actually live in Norway these days, in Stavanger believe or not, strange how things work out. :)

Good luck with Follo – I’ll be following with intrigue. 

3 minutes ago, Gundo said:

I actually live in Norway these days, in Stavanger believe or not, strange how things work out. :)

Haha, velkommen til Norge! :D

Follo is my local team, so no surprise in my choice of club either! ;)

49 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

I probably should have carried on trying to get Berlin as Kingstonian did not go well - only keeper retired and only let back broke his leg on opening day so not a shock that I didn't last long. Based on last year I'll be sacked several times before I find my club though so hey ho.

May actually have a go at ultimate challenge or a bit just to get to grips with the game

I've got a save game file with Berlin as one of the promoted teams if you want to save some time.

Follo Fotball – Wikipedia

Season 2022 - PostNord-ligaen Avdeling 1 (tier 3) - 1st season

kB6oZuH.png

I don't know how we did it, but holy hell if we didn't win the whole league first season! My usually solid 4-5-1/4-3-3 were very leaky, but we scored loads of goals. Now, I could try to change it, but as long as we keep winning, I'm really hoping the reason is the fact that my DMs are crap, and the defenders not much better. We really have our strengths going forward and it shows. I managed to get the academy coaching and the youth recruitment improved this season, and even if our finances took a bit of a hit, I still think it's worth it in the long run. Looking forward to seeing if we will turn professional next season as we go up into the 2nd tier.

VrYYsJI.png

Transfers | Youth Preview | Youth Intake

8HL1Cmk.png

A decent intake, but nothing more. Axel Dahlstrøm 22a is the most exciting one.

Key players: Ernest RzepeckiAleksa RadovanovicKristian Seteklev

3HpvfIN.png

3 hours ago, Gundo said:

I live in Stavanger as well so I'm guessing we will both be giving it a go with 3rd division (4th tier) side Brodd. Should be easy! 

55 minutes ago, Ralph96 said:

@darren1983 Would it be allowed to take a manage a team in Spain or Portugal in 2022 that has been re-promoted, cause otherwise it is nearly impossible in those leagues

Several of us had the same problem figuring out what to do in those leagues. It was discussed on page three of this thread. Holiday one season and then pick a team that has been promoted to the third tier, not the fourth tier that gets activated as playable leagues after one year. 

1 hour ago, Ralph96 said:

@darren1983 Would it be allowed to take a manage a team in Spain or Portugal in 2022 that has been re-promoted, cause otherwise it is nearly impossible in those leagues

As said, holiday first season then pick a newly promoted side to the 3rd tier not the 4th. Have added a section to the OP now (I thought I did this earlier but clearly I didn't) 

41 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

As said, holiday first season then pick a newly promoted side to the 3rd tier not the 4th. Have added a section to the OP now (I thought I did this earlier but clearly I didn't) 

So i would be able to pick one of those : even Beira mar ?

e02aa5cafe59b0babcd9a7f65eb5b893.png

368dd9aba8f47d59bdd9f221c47051b5.png

27 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

I've not actually looked into Portugal yet but if it's the same thing than yeah guess they can be used. 

Spain and Portugal seems to be a real disaster for this challenge; Even Ibiza is playable because they end up in the third tier after they promote from third to.. new third. i know that's not correct.

ec4ca1396d5f1667b320d9ea42017f59.png
I think that those teams are the right teams to pick to end up in third division.

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

Spain and Portugal seems to be a real disaster for this challenge; Even Ibiza is playable because they end up in the third tier after they promote from third to.. new third. i know that's not correct.

ec4ca1396d5f1667b320d9ea42017f59.png
I think that those teams are the right teams to pick to end up in third division.

Yeah they look the sort of sides we Spain usually throws up. It's a real mess right now that's for sure.

Just now, darren1983 said:

Yeah they look the sort of sides we Spain usually throws up. It's a real mess right now that's for sure.

Sorry just want to make it clear for others who would like to start in spain.

The promoted teams from Spanish Second Division B5 are the right ones. They start in the fourth tier at the start of the game. They end up in the second season with promoted teams like Ibiza but all the teams that stay in third division are 'promoted'.

d7272ce460b1c6d021f2efcf372fcd63.png

fa829a57568b7d60097825797c9e2ca8.png

fd7e117d9f282ada227a62d8b5d5db0e.png

If i'm sure that i can pick one of these, we could have a winner ..

5 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Sorry just want to make it clear for others who would like to start in spain.

The promoted teams from Spanish Second Division B5 are the right ones. They start in the fourth tier at the start of the game. They end up in the second season with promoted teams like Ibiza but all the teams that stay in third division are 'promoted'.

d7272ce460b1c6d021f2efcf372fcd63.png

fa829a57568b7d60097825797c9e2ca8.png

fd7e117d9f282ada227a62d8b5d5db0e.png

If i'm sure that i can pick one of these, we could have a winner ..

The rules that we have agreed upon (unless I've badly mistaken) let's you choose between any team that shows up on the "promoted" section after holidaying for a year. I also got some good sides to pick from in Portugal, but at the same time there will always be some nations that have some teams that are easier than others each version. I guess this time its Spain and Portugal.. still some work to do before winning the CL anyway :D 

5 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

The rules that we have agreed upon (unless I've badly mistaken) let's you choose between any team that shows up on the "promoted" section after holidaying for a year. I also got some good sides to pick from in Portugal, but at the same time there will always be some nations that have some teams that are easier than others each version. I guess this time its Spain and Portugal.. still some work to do before winning the CL anyway :D 

Idd off course. So that means Ibiza is playable ? they are 'promoted' from third to the new third division. :hammer:

4b5ae2871cb727788dd092a718fc36d1.png
a09442fb77824dc87e0d88d89d0d867d.png

Edited by OlivierL

4 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Idd off course. So that means Ibiza is playable ? they are 'promoted' from third to the new third division. :hammer:

4b5ae2871cb727788dd092a718fc36d1.png
a09442fb77824dc87e0d88d89d0d867d.png

Well, Darren is the man in charge, but i picked a team that got promoted to the third division in Portugal. I based my choice on two things. 

1. The team was listed as promoted in the season summary for Portugal

2. The team wasn't playable at the start of the game so its not possible to see any games played the previous season. 

6 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Well, Darren is the man in charge, but i picked a team that got promoted to the third division in Portugal. I based my choice on two things. 

1. The team was listed as promoted in the season summary for Portugal

2. The team wasn't playable at the start of the game so its not possible to see any games played the previous season. 

Can't find teams like that in Spain that can play in the third division in second season. Only the teams that end up in the fourth tier in spain (second season) weren't playable last year. Teams like Sestao River etc

Or i'm doing something wrong. Darren's judgement, is my command :) 

31ea0f0443bde73729858374af8c4897.png

Edited by OlivierL

2 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Can't find teams like that in Spain that can play in the third division in second season. Only the teams that end up in the fourth tier in spain (second season) weren't playable last year. Teams like Sestao River etc

Or i'm doing something wrong. Darren judgement, is my command :) 

31ea0f0443bde73729858374af8c4897.png

Basically the only fair way in my mind is what was said above, any team listed as promoted and weren't playable right out the box is fair game. 

8 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Basically the only fair way in my mind is what was said above, any team listed as promoted and weren't playable right out the box is fair game. 

Agreed because Beira-Mar , Ibiza etc are to big to start this challenge.  I'll continue my search again tomorrow, maybe u can post something about spain and portugal situation in the openingspost ? Otherwise i think that there will be others like me.. highjacking this topic.. Good night !

Edited by OlivierL

Decided to give this a go again after getting disenfranchised from the bug in Belarus last season. I'll be trying my luck in Croatia:

0e516f91363597405dcd290efbf249d9.png

f439bc965f7eabe209235994cb451fca.png

They easily had the best starting facilities out of the three teams that were promoted, so hopefully a bit of a head start there.

937d598e06ebdb307258de758ae7d211.png

It looks like we have a pretty strong (and full) squad!

c72c7debcb66b688fc8344bc10732ac3.png

My profile. Keen to make this journey!

9 hours ago, XaW said:

Oh lord, I had my intake (it's before the season starts) and I got a beast! :eek:

UZNDFys.png

A bit controversial maybe, but is this the best player compared to club/league reputation we have seen on this challenge? This would be a top prospect for any team.