How do Club Legends Work?

I've been at Stockport which at the point in my save at which I joined them were a Vanaram National Team. I've since doubled their trophy collection over two and half years, winning both the Vanarama National and Sky Bet League 2. Despite all this I'm still only considered Favored Personnel while a Striker I bought in for a season and half before re-selling is already an icon? Feels kind of unrealistic to not be a legend of a club if you just match their best achievements? 

Club Favs.jpg

Club History.jpg

This has bothered me for some time.

The issue is especially irritating if a club has been starved of success (or never had success) for a long while.

I took over Sampdoria in 2031 and delivered a title in 2037. There first since 1991 (and only their 2nd title in their existence)  - but yeah, I'm still only favoured personel.

Same with Gothenberg. Delivered a title after near 35 year drought. And i'm not even classed as favoured personel!

20 часов назад, jozza800 сказал:

This has bothered me for some time.

The issue is especially irritating if a club has been starved of success (or never had success) for a long while.

I took over Sampdoria in 2031 and delivered a title in 2037. There first since 1991 (and only their 2nd title in their existence)  - but yeah, I'm still only favoured personel.

Same with Gothenberg. Delivered a title after near 35 year drought. And i'm not even classed as favoured personel!

IRL my home club won league after 16 years and nobody expected this title. Our coach was a main creator of this title. For now he works in another club, we remember him, respect him, but he is even no icon for us. 

Ranieri in Leicester is legend? Fans of "Leicester" for 1,5 years collected less than one thousand pounds on Ranieri's statue. 10 thousand were necessary. 

Imo this system works correctly more or less. Icon and legend is something special

6 часов назад, warviv сказал:

The weird part is when one of my players gets revered more than me. But then again I guess thats how it really is in real life. Players get the fame over Coaches and Managers.

Exactly, even you realize that manager works wonder, your attention focused on players

8 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

IRL my home club won league after 16 years and nobody expected this title. Our coach was a main creator of this title. For now he works in another club, we remember him, respect him, but he is even no icon for us. 

Ranieri in Leicester is legend? Fans of "Leicester" for 1,5 years collected less than one thousand pounds on Ranieri's statue. 10 thousand were necessary. 

Imo this system works correctly more or less. Icon and legend is something special

Exactly, even you realize that manager works wonder, your attention focused on players

He should be.

1 минуту назад, jozza800 сказал:

He should be.

in game? Yes, but he added manually. In fact Leicester didn't collect 10 thousand pounds for his tribute, that's saying something.
I guess inFM legends system (which added during save, not manual) works the same.

Difficult to formulate, especially in non-native language. There are something else between respectful person and legend

8 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

He should be.

I became legend of Brisbane Roar. 7 years at club, last 5 won everything there was to won. Except Asian champions league, got only 3 of those.  It was joke (very easy to establish domination) of a league, maybe still is, didn't played it since then.  Than was promoted to legend. Although, it was on FM19, don't know how it works in FM20, never got anywhere near such a collection of trophies. I guess it counts trophies... 20+ or so...

Edited by Prokopije

It took me six seasons at Racing CFF to become a legend. Successive promotions from the depths of National 3 and stability in Ligue 1 - with 5th place and UEFA Cup qualification my best finish. 

I was gutted when they didn't name their new stadium after me though.

My striker not becoming a Toulouse legend is something that bugs me. He has been at the club for over 14 years and has scored over 600 goals. Even scoring in a few Champions League finals hasn't helped him go past icon status. The guy should be worshipped with his returns on the screenshot.

Yet a right back who was at my club for 6 years is a legend. PSG used to destroy him 3 times a season before doing me a favour and buying him from me. 

erik record.png

20 hours ago, Things Could Get Messi said:

My striker not becoming a Toulouse legend is something that bugs me. He has been at the club for over 14 years and has scored over 600 goals. Even scoring in a few Champions League finals hasn't helped him go past icon status. The guy should be worshipped with his returns on the screenshot.

Yet a right back who was at my club for 6 years is a legend. PSG used to destroy him 3 times a season before doing me a favour and buying him from me. 

erik record.png

There's nothing that feels better than finding a generational prospect at a position that you already have a star in. I can already smell that cash Man City are about to throw my way. Also the player thing happened to me with a prospect I bought in at midfield. dude was captain and easily the best player at the club for a couple of seasons before I caught some other prospects. He was barely favored personeel despite setting records when we climbed up from the Vanarama. I've almost never seen a defender make it to Legend honestly. The system is too biased to forwards and wings.

Edited by warviv

On 09/09/2020 at 05:57, warviv said:

I've been at Stockport which at the point in my save at which I joined them were a Vanaram National Team. I've since doubled their trophy collection over two and half years, winning both the Vanarama National and Sky Bet League 2. Despite all this I'm still only considered Favored Personnel while a Striker I bought in for a season and half before re-selling is already an icon? Feels kind of unrealistic to not be a legend of a club if you just match their best achievements? 

Club Favs.jpg

Club History.jpg

Er hate to burst your bubble but Stockport have been as high as what's now the championship within the last 30 years, so you ain't getting close to matching their best achievements!

18 minutes ago, IbrahimAliMaher said:

Er hate to burst your bubble but Stockport have been as high as what's now the championship within the last 30 years, so you ain't getting close to matching their best achievements!

I meant Trophy-case achievements. they had 4 when I joined and they have 8 now.

53 minutes ago, warviv said:

I meant Trophy-case achievements. they had 4 when I joined and they have 8 now.

I think it's debatable as to whether a couple of non-league titles,a 'Leasing.com' trophy and FA Trophy would be > promotion to the second tier relative to club size.

You've done well don't get me wrong, I sympathise as I've been guilty of delusions of grandeur at some of my clubs, but IMO to be a club legend you have to REAAAAALLY earn it!

Edited by IbrahimAliMaher

I have never really paid any attention to it in the game, but IRL, I guess, it works that way as well. Think Balckburn Rovers - who are the modern-day legends? Daglish over Shearer? 

It took Fergie more than a couple of FA Cups and a League Title to become 'Legend'. 

I think there two main issues:

- a successful manager, for example able to bring the club from Second Division to Premier League and avoid relegation in the first season, should become a legend, this needs a fix;

- to become a legend the player should be the favourite of fans for a couple of seasons in a row, there is a problem with it connected to the rating of players, in my save I had only DLP becoming legends, because a goalkeeper or a central defender or a winger has no possibilities;

- a player could become an icon, if not a legend, even if he's just good, not great, but playing for many years for the team.

On 14/09/2020 at 13:54, Snorks said:

I have never really paid any attention to it in the game, but IRL, I guess, it works that way as well. Think Balckburn Rovers - who are the modern-day legends? Daglish over Shearer? 

It took Fergie more than a couple of FA Cups and a League Title to become 'Legend'. 

Or take players who create/are part of a relatively brief, yes impactful, moment of a club's history. Christophe Dugarry at Birmingham City always comes to mind for me. He'd have legend status for a 1/2 season spell and for what it meant to the club and supporters at the time, deservedly so too.

Not sure FM 'legends' code can take into account all these moving parts to determine it, the way it could fairly easily be determined IRL.

37 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Or take players who create/are part of a relatively brief, yes impactful, moment of a club's history. Christophe Dugarry at Birmingham City always comes to mind for me. He'd have legend status for a 1/2 season spell and for what it meant to the club and supporters at the time, deservedly so too.

Not sure FM 'legends' code can take into account all these moving parts to determine it, the way it could fairly easily be determined IRL.

Sorry but as a Blues fan, I wouldn't put Dugarry in the same bracket as any of our listed Legends. He was fantastic player for half a season but no where near a legend 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Sorry but as a Blues fan, I wouldn't put Dugarry in the same bracket as any of our listed Legends. He was fantastic player for half a season but no where near a legend 

Fair enough :-) Maybe 'legend' is too strong; however, he is in the club's Hall of Fame, but maybe entry into that is pretty easy?

1 minute ago, CaptCanuck said:

Fair enough :-) Maybe 'legend' is too strong; however, he is in the club's Hall of Fame, but maybe entry into that is pretty easy?

Think that's just because we had a World Cup winner on our books! :D He's an Icon in-game which I can go with 

Here is something that I found out a while ago playing around with the in-game editor:

I was at a club, won every possible trophy multiple times and I was still only just a favorite personel, while some random players were icons. So i went to the in-game editor to see what was going on. Turns out, I was maxed out on 100 points, more than most of the people listed there, which was weird. If I am at the max points, then why am I not a legend? Then I saw a check box called "permanent". It was ticked off and I ticked it on. Then I was immidietely moved to the Legends list. 

So I had to tick the box with the in-game editor to be recognised as a legend, even thought I had more favorite personnel points than most other people on the list. It seems like a bug to me. 

Edited by Impacto

6 hours ago, Impacto said:

Here is something that I found out a while ago playing around with the in-game editor:

I was at a club, won every possible trophy multiple times and I was still only just a favorite personel, while some random players were icons. So i went to the in-game editor to see what was going on. Turns out, I was maxed out on 100 points, more than most of the people listed there, which was weird. If I am at the max points, then why am I not a legend? Then I saw a check box called "permanent". It was ticked off and I ticked it on. Then I was immidietely moved to the Legends list. 

So I had to tick the box with the in-game editor to be recognised as a legend, even thought I had more favorite personnel points than most other people on the list. It seems like a bug to me. 

I played Fm 2019 my guy and I had to win the premier League 4 times in a row along with multiple Carabao and FA cups to get Legend status. It's just supposed to be harder imo for Managers. Especially at storied clubs. The gap between Icon and Legend is huge.

14 hours ago, Impacto said:

I was in a similar situation on my FM20 save. It was only after I left the club that I went from being favoured personnel to a legend. Maybe something similar would've happened to you.

• 2 weeks later...
В 18.09.2020 в 22:58, FRANCHIS392 сказал:

I’ve won 3 league cups, 2 fa cups, 1 PL and 1 UCL with Brighton and only icon with Brighton 

What about transfers?

I noticed one thing. I won 2 cups, Europa League and 1 title for AZ. It was first tilte for 16 years and I beat club record of points. It was 80, my new record is 92 (screen before last matchday).

B132338F6BA63C8C34E328C597F95F3939574586

Despite this I'm not a icon. (I'm even 3th in manager of the year nomination, probably because I lose Ajax 4-0 and a few wins in last minutes btw)

But I asked about transfers because looks like this have a meaning too. I bought a lot of good players in 4 years for AZ. Only 1 started to be icon. He played 6 seasons at the moment and scored goal in EL final. 2 players and me just favourites. Other nothing special at all, some of them played 100+ games and won all trophyies with me.

In one hand looks like we need more icons and legends after this campaign. In other hand - just 4 seasons and this is teamwins. I created a good team, but this is not my money, money of club