who is your greatest player ever in fm

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In release order:

Cantona

Tsigalko, Aghagowa (sp), Gasperoni

Kaka, Joaquin

....but the greatest was Milan Pavic a regen in cm 01-02 getting something like 500+ leauge goals......ahhhhhhhhhhh the good old days

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shaunkevd:

Jay Lucas was the dogs ******** on CM4 I think it was wasn't it?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CM4

and the one before it which is the one I'm on about

Andrea Sassetti - (CM01/02) - Chelsea

I'm guessing that this guy is Totti's regen. He broke into the squad at the age of 16 and got EPL top scorer in his first season (ah, the good old days). He surpassed all premiership records and became the best player on the game.

Steve Reid (CM03/04)- Carlisle United

A Kiwi regen who scored for fun. Played in the looney midfielder role, he averaged over 3 goals a game for 3 seasons for my Carlisle side. Stayed in the side until the age of 39, and even then he was still untouchable.

Andrei Botezatu (FM07) - Oxford United

Ah, FM07. The year of the targetman. This was one of the better ones in the game. A 6ft 4 Romanian regen, brought to my Oxford side for £50k in the championship, he was literally unplayable for the opposition. A long ball lumped up towards him usually resulted in a goal. A class act.

Abdoulaye Touré (FM07) - East Bengal FC

A massive Ivorian interational in the Drogba mould, I somehow manged to convince him to come to the Indian League to play for East Bengal FC. He formed a truly lethal strike partnership with another regen fast striker Franky Paul (who also deserves an honourable mention), which yielded an incredible 92 goals in one season. And this was in a season consisting of just 30 games!

On çµ3 there was this incredible Brazilian DM/F(RLC) called Narciso... Used to score 70 odd a season from DM... But only for the cpu... It was only abot 40 for me...

But, in FM08... Jose Luis Prieto of Mallorca. He was released and snapped up by my hideosuly struggling Leeds side... He scored in 28 consecutive matches... Legend...

CM Italia on the Amiga - Cantona was a god, £4m and would bang in 40-60 a season.

CM3 - Robbie Keane, he'd cost you about £11m from Wolves at the start of the game but guarantee you 40+ a season

CM01/02 - Tommy Svindal Larson - MLC that cost about £100K - legend

CM4 (I think) - after the patch a young Greek striker called Papadopolous appeared - He'd cost about £50K and after a season was the best striker on the game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevt81:

CM2- Ibrahim Bakayoko. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second that, Walter Smith must have used CM to scout him because when you saw him playing in the flesh he was god awful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnsley:

probably rungratsamee icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supat Rungratsamee!

Probably my all time favourite.

In the old CM series, he was the first player I always bought.

Was a regular AMC or ST from the age of 16\17 in my team (LLM of EPL, didn't matter!), and I would never sell him.

In a long save game I had (CM 01\02, I think) he scored more then 1.000 goals in his career, for me!

He just popped up on my current save game (FM2008) on a scouting trip, and he seems OK now. Maybe for old times sake, I buy him tonight!

I once did a network game on FM06 with a mate using random/fake players.

I had a fairly average striker in my reserves who looked nothing more than okay. I had a bid for him which I was about to accept, then suddenly I noticed he looked like the best player I had ever seen. All his attributes seemed to have double.

He went straight into my team and scored 5 goals first game. I went on to stonk my mate 7-0 the next game with him scoring all 7.

I later checked his CA/PA and it was 200/200. Never seen anything like it before - His name was "Barronovsky" so I gave him a nickname of "The Barron" which amused me immensely as I watched him bang in about 70 goals the season after.

It must have been some bizarre bug because he was terrible then suddenly became the best player the game has ever seen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

Tonton Zola Moukoko </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. CM4/5? Legendary scoring record for LUFC either as a lone striker or partnering Robbie Keane.

CM03/04 - Orri Freyr Oskarsson - Awesome at any level. I had him from Serie C2 to Serie A and he was always effective.

FM2005 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - His dribbling was ridiculously good.

FM2006 - 2 regens/newgens called Robert Dawson and Chris Jones. Dawson was an amazing winger whose best moment was inspiring my 10-man Leicester team to overcome a 2-0 defecit in the Champions League final to win 3-2. He was playing out of position up front at the time as well.

Jones almost all by himself won me the World Cup with New Zealand. He was in the squad at 16 and was first choice pretty quickly.

FM2007 - Lauri Dalla Valle and 2 Freds, Darren Martin and Frits Jansen.

Dalla Valle I had at Redditch and he inspired a couple of promotions scoring plenty of goals along the way before my stupid chairman sold him on the cheap. I single him out because unlike his teammates he never once moaned about wanting to leave despite his obvious ability.

Jansen was the same. He eventually wouldn't extend his contract, but he never moaned about leaving. Scored and created plenty of goals at Hammerfest, and just before leaving inspired a shock Champions League triumph.

Darren Martin was a young Scottish player I signed as a 16 year old at Juventus. I tried to ease him in, but he was just too good to ignore and he quickly became first choice scoring at a phenomenal rate and always entertaining with his mazy dribbles.

Actual players? Nii Lamptey.

Pretend players? Mark Collis.

Regens? Sam Hutchings. Scored over 800 goals by the time he was 27, then Windows fell over and I had to reformat. It was a sore loss. He was destined for all-time legendary status.

VB

My greatest ever players tended to be regens, and regens in 08 at that. My most reason game had my favourite team, mostly regens - Jamie Martin at left back, Daniel Olsen in the centre, and Mick Breckin (a product of my youth system) on the right. Chairman sold Martin and Olsen one summer - I was devastated. The same team had Sten Rueda and Ian Goodfellow in central midfield - haven't got sniped yet. Up front, I had a regen called Ruvalcaba (amazing stats, bought for £1million and sold to AC Milan for £35million a year later).

Although the greatest real player was probably Andrew Keogh. I signed him on a free transfer as a short term measure (he was 30 and starting to decline) - in his first season for me, he scored 33 Premiership goals in 33 appearances, 47 in all competitions (I wasn't in Europe at this point), and got the European Golden Boot for 2016/2017. I was stunned.

maxim tsigalko (CM4)

Not a lot of points, the scouts told that he can not play, but he maneged to be 5 season top scorer in the Serie A icon_smile.gif

Kim Kallstrom, robinho, luque, (Fm 05/06)

Ronaldinho in CM 4 and 3

Kerlon, Rafinha, Gourcouff, Lennon, Felipe, Chiellini, (FM 06/07)

(FM 07/08) still to come...

Archived