The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

214680396_KFUMSilkeborg.png.19aa218ad6a0dae08537f9158a441c64.png

Season 2042/43

Superliga

Finish: 8th

Season Summary

A case of what could have been. We made a great start, winning our first two games, then lost our third to a last minute goal. In the 4th game Rene Anderson 39A broke his leg. Thankfully, due to the vagaries of the Danish season and a massive winter break, he only missed 16 games. But we only won two of those, plunging us right into a relegation battle. He was fit again once the winter break was over and with him back in the team it took us 3 games to win 2. We're a completely different team with him in the side. We stayed up comfortably in the end, Anderson being the difference

Players

Rene Anderson 39A - well, if I wondered how important he was to us that's been answered now. He was magnificient whenever he played for us and won games for us on his own. His leg break had a silver lining - with all that time to think he decided that maybe he didn't want to leave us for a bigger club and was promptly signed to a nice big fat 5 year contract

Pedro Ferreira 38B - A natural no-nonsense full back I gave hi a much more attacking role this season. He's still only competent but was our biggest assist giver with 10

Youth

A really good preview with a promise of a golden generation. They had to be good with my expeptional youth recruitment!

43youthpreview.thumb.JPG.0f163e689fc5db4a558910d3ab10512b.JPG

and when they came? well, they were alright. the top two look great with really good personalities and determination

43youthintake.thumb.JPG.c5699e0298975c30ae0c7d8ab918617e.JPG

Not quite seeing the beginnings of a golden generation though

Finances and Improvements

finances are still a bit grim, we finished with -1.25m in the bank. It's manageable debt though and easily explained by our youth facilities and training upgrades

We need to push on now and get into that top 6 championship stage. Europe isn't too far away!

43seasonsummary23.thumb.JPG.36be0577d4ad169b16ce6e2452be90ed.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, XaW said:

I don't disagree, but I have a few better talents there. As a right wing back though.... :onmehead:

U need right wing back like me ? I really need one , i'm playing a WBL at right wingback and retraining an average prospect from winger to wbr.

Edit: five minutes later i received this... :o 

84fd88fb790281523bb3b8496198d243.png
Let it be!

Edited by OlivierL

Witton Albion

o5MoLKs5T4yNygLeykhg_Logo.png

Season 2031/32 (Season 12) Review - Sky Bet League One - England

League | Squad | Transfers | Finances

While the step up from the VNL to League Two was not as big as I thought, I can safely say the step up to League One was much bigger and harder. We had more than enough work to do to simply stay up. Luckily, we did, but we were under the line several times throughout the season. On the positive side, we are scoring quite a few goals, but on the negative side we are conceding a lot. Still, I'm playing a conservative 4-1-4-1 that is based around counter attacking, so I don't really want to go much more defensively. So I can only hope to improve the players, and to be fair, I had quite the change in the squad this season. With the great intake last season, I decided to throw a few of the talents into the fire, and at the same time kick out a few of the older ones who are now clearly not up to the level required. So that could be part of why we had some struggles, but the level of opposition is higher for sure. Going to be exciting to see how the next season turns out.

In the FA Cup we beat Lincoln City and Bristol Rovers before losing to Sheffield Wednesday in the 3rd round.

In the League Cup we beat Rochdale before losing to Burnley in the 2nd round.

In the EFL Trophy we finished 2nd in our group behind Rochdale, but ahead of Fleetwood and Newcastle U23s to qualify. Then we lost to Preston in the North 2nd round.

Notable Players

Chris Stewart 28a - He had a good season and his versatility is a very nice tool to use when we have games coming in fast.
Sean Steadman 25a - Still our top scorer, but a lot less than before. I think he's reaching his plateau now.
Jonathon Knowles 26a - He is going work as our DM to try to shield the defence, and does it well.

Youth intake

Youth intake - We had a great intake last season, but this is even better! Those facility improvements are helping out!

Tony Whittaker 32a - Great physicals for his age and a big talent for our defence.
Glenn Macallum 32b - Young Scottish full back that should come in handy.
Ameer Zamil 32c - Wow, what a talent! Probably the best Iraqi footballer I've seen. Just about first choice, I'd say.
Steven Jones 32d - A very promising goalkeeper, and is close to 2nd choice at the moment.

uJriwEN.png

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

U need right wing back like me ? I really need one , i'm playing a WBL at right wingback and retraining an average prospect from winger to wbr.

Not really, but I don't have much depth. This is my current one:

uiXpDH1.png

A quick question. We are in the middle of our first season in the Football League in League Two.

After battling to keep our star John Garner in the winter transfer window, for the first time in several years, there is no interest in him, and he has settled at the club.

Now, if I try to negotiate for a professional contract with him I can only offer him at most a two year contract.

Is this a rule I have missed, now that we are professional? Or are my finances influencing the allowed lengths of contracts? They are extremely bad.

Just now, andershs said:

A quick question. We are in the middle of our first season in the Football League in League Two.

After battling to keep our star John Garner in the winter transfer window, for the first time in several years, there is no interest in him, and he has settled at the club.

Now, if I try to negotiate for a professional contract with him I can only offer him at most a two year contract.

Is this a rule I have missed, now that we are professional? Or are my finances influencing the allowed lengths of contracts? They are extremely bad.

It's a bit financial, but also your contract seems to impact it. I've found I can give longer contracts when my own contract runs for a while. I can still not make longer than 3 year deals in League One.

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

Not great not bad. that Iraqi guy, wow !

Yeah, I think he is my first choice striker next season! :D

image.png.64856eeaa55bbaa13ef29d765a1f2167.png

2023 Nassjö FF season review - Swedish First Division South

The League

Bottom of the table and relegated. This was to be expected, so I gave a few of the promising youth players a lot of playing time to try to develop them.

Our performances were not as bad as the table suggests as we had several winning games turned into draws and draws into losses by conceding late goals.

The Players

Veteran Dan Danneman was once more the player of the season and top scorer with 9 goals.

The youth intake was more promising than the past two seasons, with Oskar Strandsater YP23a being the pick of the bunch.

We had our first international call up, with Engin Yilmaz YP23e making two appearances in the Turkish U21 team. He got sent off in his second appearance, so will have to wait a bit longer for his third.

We are involved in U19 and reserve leagues and have a full set of coaches for each team. Despite these playing opportunities, the youth are not developing at all.

I suspect once the original players leave the team we will really struggle even in the second division.

Transfers

F.C. Barreirense

klublogo.png.4cacbbb0caa1b3b268a7fb1572182d4c.png

2021/2022

The second season is done!
Now we can finally start to really do something, because we have some youth players to work with. The season started really well, i think we won the first 6 games and had a run on like 12-13 games before the first defeat! But... in all the good news, der will always be sad news.....

947803274_transferout.thumb.png.5434ace53600769f3f94190b31b247e9.png

The Board F**king sold my golden keeper!! and for what? 24k?! :idiot:

But there is no more bad news this season... because..

315789481_winplayoff.thumb.png.e9a37aeaae5487d0f6a952b4461442b9.png

After a almost perfect start to the season, we lost our keeper and had some problems in the second part of the season. But we did finish second in the league and got to the playoff, which we lucky for us, won!

742724399_season2stats.thumb.png.12a2c69476efb8216ecde156d7f73cbe.png

A lot of the young players got to play this season, our defender Vasconcelos played the most games with 38 games and 7 (!) goals. Denilson, our topscorer for the second season scored 20 goals in 38 games. Pedro Silva, the regen, who already was at the club, really stepped up this season with 15 goals. Pedro Souse, a back that can play both sides played 21 games and got subbed on 12 times. Goncales Fonseca is maybe my favor player. He is "Modern Citizen", so i rally hope i can keep him in the club to mentor young players in the future. Also some of the new players from the second youth intake got to play some games, more about them now!

862007221_playerstatsseason2.thumb.png.e5c248fc1d15f1072d3f515c55fe78e2.png

Youth intake 2

676543401_Youthintake2.thumb.png.bf6b3e4fadb67b8e29200748c2a47cc4.png

We got a new keeper, but i dont see the big future in him to be honest. But! i do get some players to the midfield, like[url=https://imgur.com/5UzDGvc]Alexandre Graca [/url]  and [url=https://imgur.com/eYaVx5Q]Rui Neves [/url]

But also a striker in [url=https://imgur.com/BPN15BV]Santos [/url] , that's looks good.

Big news for FCB

Because we gonna play in the second best league next season, a lot of things are happening at the club. 458981601_Goingpro.thumb.png.6e6d2c5d68410fa0e2503017b53c09f9.png

We are going to be pro!

1260456953_Newfield.thumb.png.8957498164fe9604a7e1f7cea4322d70.png

We will play on a new pitch!

533519730_newcontract.thumb.png.1e4f8f217c29ffafd39764976f2a1645.png

I got a new contract!

1069237499_Theboardhappy.thumb.png.1429c85d0459c4b3378d85d7b26055dd.png

And all this is because the board is very happy with the status of the club right now.

Take a look at our coaching & recruitment!

1916018240_traningfacilitiesseason2.thumb.png.762e38f420537ba53dd26ae40c2f2887.png

I managed to overturn the boards decision to accept a bid from Borussia Dortmund. A huge call and hopefully this is the last time the board tries to sell a player over my head. Our finances are really bad, but after the Bundesliga season, relegation or not, there is a big payday. 

1951116598_2020-09-0418_06_01-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.d5d6937dde66c4185e71374b850bf5d2.jpg            325841167_2020-09-0418_06_12-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.aadb4e46cee6fde374e2ddbf9419bd38.jpg

296193031_YouthIntakePreview.thumb.png.5b0428f23b878607275148d75199f5d5.png

Got to the Youth Intake preview after being beaten 7-1 by FC Augsburg in the league. The prospect of getting some new fullbacks and a good looking goalkeeper is something to be happy about. However, I'm needing more central defenders and central midfielders, something that I am a little concerned about not potentially getting. I've just got to be hopeful that things are not as bad as it can be centrally.

2024 Nassjö FF season review - Swedish Second Division North Götaland

Back in the second division and we really struggled. We escaped the drop zone with three games to go, but unfortunately lost all three and got relegated.

image.thumb.png.2ea7b42f365bccc0cbe21f39196daae7.png

This of course got me sacked!

image.png.e83676a59accc5577c0b428e4420ab96.png

The sad irony is that this happened just as the youth looked like they were starting to get somewhere

image.thumb.png.aa9cbf65ffc27901099c2ab87a262705.png

Time to look for another victim.........

FC United

Logo.thumb.png.1696acc64aa086cb0a3fe1ae6351b6e8.png

21/22: First ascension

Squad | League Table | Transfers

The Story so Far: The first season gave us a solid foundation on which to build. We made it to the playoffs but failed to secure promotion. Our star striker Olowabi signed for a second season after his 37-goals campaign last year. We had to sign a pre-contract to Matt Law 21a, last year’s intake Golden Boy, because of all the hype around him and the vulture clubs who wanted to poach him away. On the other side, we lost Donohue, our starting right midfielder without any reasonable replacement in the squad...

Will the arrival of a backup (more aggressive) goalkeeper make a difference? Will Matt Law 21a, live up to expectations as a leading figure in the midfield after almost signing elsewhere during summer? Will Olowabi start from where he left, as the unchallenged MVP in Vanarama North? Will FC United of Manchester get back to relegation-fighting where they belong or could they get even better and move up to Vanarama Nationals? 

The Season: We unfortunately lost our star right midfielder at the end of his contract, without any suitable replacement, we had to try some rotation… Our star striker did his share of shifts on the wings, Law 21a struggled to find his place until the second half where he started to dominate in every game on the wing! In the end, we relied way less on a single guy, which led to a more stable season FOR THE PROMOTION from playoffs.

The Club: Couple of investments for youth academy and coaching. With the promotion, I’d guess we’ll need a couple more investments to keep up!

Key Players : 

Captain Potts: Still the leader in midfield. Even with low-ish stats for it, he still brings some insane long-shot goals once in a while. 

Louis Myers: Was struggling last year, but he deserved a first-team spot this year! Leader in goals and in assists, he was ever present on every goal action!

Tunde Olowabi: Last year Star was less stellar this year, but mainly because the rest of the team stepped up. He still dominates up front.

Matt Law 21a: Golden boy from last year intake. Was a substitute at the start of the season until I found out how insane he was on the left side... His training regime was insane and he got from 1.5 CA to 4.5 CA over the course of the season... He's now our strongest player!

Luke Griffith: Signed a star player contract last year after a so-so season. I was on the fence on this but he did live to expectations on his second season! Great playmaker.

Notable prospects from the Youth Intake:

Desormeaux 22f: The Goalkeeper we were expecting from the intake preview... little bit underwhelming. 3rd year in a row where we'll have no real goalkeeper :S

Benhamou 22a: Quite excited by his profile. We don't really need a new MC though...

Rees 22b: Great right midfielder. Could replace Donohue so we can start putting Owolabi back up front... Will see how his progress goes.

The adventure: First promotion for FC United. Next year will obviously be mainly a stabilization season since we lack some key players. Our goalkeeper can be either of our 3 juniors (all silver stars...). We only have relatively slow defenders. Let's hope Law 21a can be the leader his stats suggest and that the team will be able to capitalize in some key games!

image.thumb.png.ba1a2a10adc55922709ab8c967bc6823.png

I'm back after some problems with my computer's power supply. And with some big news!

AO Trikala F.C. current logo.png

AO Trikala - 2021/22 Season Review

Greek Superleague Two: 1st (Media prediction: 10th) - An absolutely insane season! We were again tipped to fight against relegation, and our journey started in a poor way. With two wins, two draws and three losses in seven games, I thought we would fight for mid-table places, but our fortunes changed after a 3-1 win against Veroia. After that, our striker Andreas Stamatis started to score a lot, including a poker in a 4-1 win away against Panachaiki. We dominated the league for three or four months, with a sequence of 15 games unbeaten in the regular stage (11 wins and four draws). This sequence saw us finish 2nd, behind Panionios on goal difference.

image.thumb.png.71a4fc6dc8dd3ebe6a563429822750db.png

image.thumb.png.d2224354480d0fe1202d7d43be99eb97.png

But again, our form dipped in the Championship Group. We have started well, with two wins against Panionios and Kalamata, but after that we only managed to score one point in four games, in a late away draw against Veroia. Our bad run would end with a 3-1 win against Kalamata, but then a 2-0 loss in the hands of Platanias saw us drop to 2nd with two matches to go. Then the madness started.

Our penultimate game was against Veroia, and we needed to win to keep our play-off spot. They started in front with 61 minutes played, but Niaros equalized with a missile from 25m and Kostas Tegousis again fired from outside the box in the minute 93 to put us ahead. However, Veroia managed to score one minute later and made it 2-2, a result who dropped us to 3rd place.

Luckily, our final match was against Ergotelis (2nd) away from home, and we needed a win to overtake them. We also had a small chance of being champions - we needed to win and hope for a Panionios loss to Kalamata. The match against Ergotelis was tight, with chances for both sides, but they started pushing forward as Panionios was surprisingly losing - and as a result, we had our opportunities. Then in the 92nd minute, after a potent throw-in straight to the 6-yard box, Stamatis was pushed and the referee pointed to the spot! He blasted the ball into the net and gave us the lead! We held for two minutes and celebrated: Trikala are promoted (and champions!) in a absolutely fantastic end of the season!

image.thumb.png.43d4ea3883cf961ff3e8696c7d63d20c.png

image.thumb.png.0b9bdbca96d98af6cb7ea2ff6282b93e.png

Match of the season: Ergotelis 0-1 AO Trikala, Champ. Group last round: It couldn't be another one, could it? A stoppage time winner to give us promotion and the league trophy!

Greek Cup - A decent run this time, we started in the 4th round knocking out 3rd division side Panserraikos on penalties (9-8) after a 1-1 draw away. In the 5th round, we have faced fourth division side AS Thesprotos, but they are really decent for their level. With our rotated squad, we managed to draw away (3-3) and win at home (2-0). But our hopes ended against Superleague side Xanthi in the Round of 16, with two losses (3-2 at home and 2-0 away).

Youth Intake - That's even better than the last season, with a "Golden Generation". I've signed a lot of players, let's see how they are:

image.thumb.png.060278d45b622edcbd201af484e67186.png

AMR | Loukas Grigoriou - Labelled as one of our best prospects, he has decent characteristics for a winger and I'm hoping he'll develop well, but we have two good options in his position, so it's likely he'll be loaned to continue his development.

AMC | Giannis Follas - For me, the best name of this intake. Despite his low determination, he's progressing well and I'm looking to correct it and use him in the Superleague next season.

CB | Thomas Andronikidis - Great personality, decent attributes already, superb height for a defender. He's looking promising, I'll use him in the next season as well.

DM | Christos Stefanidis - He's unambitious, but has 16 of determination and good attributes for his role, it's another player who I eagerly wait to see his development.

ST | Dimitris Karkaletsos - Not sure about this one, signed him because of his potential, but his attributes are weird. Maybe he would fit well as a winger, but I don't know yet.

GK | Markos Kourkotis - I was needing a good goalkeeper to be a backup for Zaropoulos and he will fit well, his personality is good and I plan to give him experience.

DR | Lefteris Lefidis - I'm almost entirely sure that his position isn't at the right back, I can see him playing in a DM spot, as a DLP, DM or even Segundo Volante.

ST | Loukas Matoulas - Seriously, I can't see why my HOYD only gave him 3,5* stars of potential. He's far from being a complete striker, but I really like his playing style and I hope he'll develop more than that.

CM | Vasilis Smyrlis - Same case as above, his attributes are really good. His personality isn't ideal, but I can see him developing more than that.

ML | Dimitris Tsotsas - I'm not expecting much of him, but I opted to sign him to compose our U19 squad, as we are in need of players for this position.

CB | Dimos Dimitriou - Another case of a player who I would bet to develop well, I like his attributes and I think he'll become a decent defender.

The other ones weren't signed.

Key players:

ST | Andreas Stamatis - Again! What can I say about him? He scored the goal who gave us the title and was the topscorer of the league, with 14 goals. Great player.

CM | Vasilis Pelkas - From 11 games in 2019/20 with a 6.58 of average rating to 29 games with 7.00, seven goals and one assist. Pelkas was a true surprise this season and I'm really happy to see his progress.

AM | Diego Peláez - Sadly, he had a damaged achilles tendon in the middle of the season, but in his 15 games he was really important, with two goals and five assists. His contract won't be renewed because his attributes are decreasing quickly.

-

Other news: I've completed my National B course and now I'm studying to the National A licence. I forgot to mention in the last update, but I won the Manager of the Year award last season and I repeated it now. In terms of transfers, some loans and the departure of Charis Pozatzidis to Thiseas Agrias.

Finances | Manager Profile | Transfers

Season	 	Division	Position		Cup		Notes						
2020    	GS2	      	2nd                     4R              Lost promotion in play-offs against Ast. Tripolis
2021            GS2             1st                     R16             Promoted and champions

Edited by bpecanha

No! How could I be so absentminded and neglectful?!

It turns out, that I completely forgot to tie down my brightest prospect in many years to a full time contract. (I firmly believed, that I had taken care of that.)

And now a host 24 Premier League and Championship clubs are showing interest in him, meaning that he has no interest whatsoever in signing a new contract with me.

To make matters worse, he has started the new season with performances full of promise.

I am seriously contemplating offering him out for free, but with a 50% sell-on clause. He shows all signs of having the potential to become a very good and valuable player in the future.

20200904215808_19ea3f4e0453a0d40.jpg

Edited by andershs

1 hour ago, andershs said:

No! How could I be so absentminded and neglectful?!

It turns out, that I completely forgot to tie down my brightest prospect in many years to a full time contract.

i did exactly the same thing, lost him on a free without even a sell on clause. was a tough lesson to learn.

he didn't amount to much in the end but at the time was ideal for my team

CD Mensajero

cd-mensajero-logo-png-transparent.png

2027/2028

LaLiga 2 – 17th

Fixtures (1) -- Fixtures (2) -- Stats -- Awards -- Season Review -- Transfer -- Overall Best XI -- Key Player -- Hot Prospect -- Finances

League: Considering our form from the back end of last season I did hope we’d get off to a good start but we did not with us losing 4 of our first 5 games. We did start picking up a few results after that but never really found our rhythm and were on the wrong end of some heavy defeats. The second half of the season did see us improve defensively but all season goalscoring was a major issue with last seasons top scorer only getting 2 in the first half of the season. Horrendous end of season form did see us edge closer to the relegation zone but results elsewhere saw us safe with us still having two games to play. Our end of season form saw us score just 4 goals in the last 10 games and conceded 13 in our last 4 games as we fell off a cliff.

Cup: Due to our poor form I was hoping again that we could get some morale boosting victories and in the first round we won 3-0. The second round we only scraped through after extra time to lower league opposition which didn’t particularly help morale before the 3rd round saw us face FC Barcelona though it did take them extra time to beat us 3-1.

Squad: Perhaps harshly, but largely due to no real development in a few seasons last seasons 2nd in player of the year Airam Lampon 3b lost his spot to Nacho Martinez 3l. Modou Jallow 6j forced his way into the first team in problem position left back as our two options their didn’t impress and Andoni Llorente 6a began battling it out for a place on the left wing with Mencey Momparler 2f also able to play on the right. A few players were out on loan again but none I see challenging for first team game time. Modou Jallow 6j and Juan Nzeng 7c also both managed to make their full international debuts this season for The Gambia and Equatorial Guinea respectively.

Club Infrastructure: Our youth facilities got their first upgrade this season and another upgrade on youth recruitment and junior coaching budgets. We’ve also increased our first team coaches to 13 and I completed my final coaching course. At the end of the season the chairman decided he was going to retire so a takeover took place with the new owner cutting our affiliation with Barcelona but agreeing to upgrade our training facilities.

Players of the year

Adolfo Delgado 1d: I am surprised any of our players averaged over 7 following that season but Delgado managed it a goal and 2 assists is ok considering how few we scored in total.

Izan Prieto: Prieto had a hand in nearly a 3rd of our goals this season which is not bad considering he wasn’t a nailed on starter.

Victor 1e: Even though we ended the season terribly defensively on the whole we weren’t terrible an Victor did help with that.

Young Player of the year

Adolfo Delgado 1d: He’s still only 23 so still eligible for this as such won it, this was the first season he had someone else at least as back up in his position.

Youth Intake

Another fairly solid youth intake though with a good number of players with some potential to be first team players in the future.

10bcf4cb7ee2b4c6abfa2b3b394d235d.tif

Jose Antonio 8a: Left wing is probably one of our stronger positions, but Antonio does look to have potential to feature for us in the future – his personality is not fantastic however.

Carlos Cerda 8c: The best player from this years intake and whilst he does have some areas lacking for a centre back such as height he’s going straight into the team as a starter as he has something none of my other options have – pace.

Jose Miguel 8e: Not a bad looking striker, he does need a little improvement to be first team ready but having a high finishing attribute is a good start.

Xiraxi 8f:  Not a position I currently use but can be retrained as a centre mid but I do quite like how rounded his attributes are.

Aday 8g: A versatile player natural in centre mid, attacking mid and striker positions, I don’t think he’s a future starter but will make a handy back up option.  

Overview/Looking Ahead

A bit of a frustrating season though despite a late scare other than right at the start of the season we were never in the relegation zone. It was a little worrying that we weren’t performing very well in many games at all but we are still viewed as most likely to be relegated by the in game odds. Our home record this season was alarming as well scoring just 11 goals and losing 12 of our 21 games.

In January two of our youth prospects from last season were subject of bids with Juan Nzeng 7c drawing interest from Espanol and Victor Morales 7d bid for by Levante which is promising that they may have decent potential.

I’m just hoping for better performances next season, even if we only just avoid relegation I want to see at least some glimmer of us getting better. I also have a decision of whether to upgrade Juan Nzeng 7c to first choice goalkeeper over Zebenzui Rosa as the latter is at the top of his potential and Nzeng is likely to be a better player in the future.

The story so far

a687f7ca9afdaaaecfa48d7077e9002f.tif

Youth Record Holders

b0d407ae221889e2da0358cb253506bb.tif

10 hours ago, libbyshuss said:

i did exactly the same thing, lost him on a free without even a sell on clause. was a tough lesson to learn.

he didn't amount to much in the end but at the time was ideal for my team

Yes, that is really tough. Was the player later sold for a large amount? It might help a bit if that was not the case.

By the way, good work with Silkeborg. I have always found this challenge incredibly hard in Denmark due to the big difference in quality between promoted teams and starting teams in the second division. Its good to see, that it can be done with success. Rene Andersson is a very good player. Does he attract any interest yet from foreign clubs?

The crisis at FC United is luckily averted. For some reason, in spite of the massive interest in him, there were no actual offers, and after the transfer deadline he was again interested in signed a full time contract. So now I have him on a five year contract. That gives us a bit more freedom with him. Big clubs are still interested though. With Rhys Pipe on left wing, the most promising player from last years intake and Luke Nicol on right wing, I switched the tactic to a standard template Gegenpress 4-1-4-1, and Luke Nicol has been extremely good. He seems like the real deal at still only 16 years of age.

3 minutes ago, andershs said:

Yes, that is really tough. Was the player later sold for a large amount? It might help a bit if that was not the case.

nope, sat in their reserves for 3 seasons and released on a free! Happened to a lot of my early youth pulls, took nearly 15 seasons before i got a sell on clause windfall. that money can make all the difference in this challenge

4 minutes ago, andershs said:

By the way, good work with Silkeborg. I have always found this challenge incredibly hard in Denmark due to the big difference in quality between promoted teams and starting teams in the second division. Its good to see, that it can be done with success. Rene Andersson is a very good player. Does he attract any interest yet from foreign clubs?

yep, the difference in quality was a real shock. even in Superliga, the gulf between the top 6 and the bottom 6 is huge. 

Anderson is great but a yet attracted no interest at all. Not sure why but at this stage i'm not complaining!

I'm really enjoying it in Denmark even though there's such huge quality gaps. 

318462734_KFUMSilkeborg.png.e7cbea8fcbb74f3f88d1ac8976d59e5b.png

Season 43/44

Superliga

Finish 8th

Season Summary

A really nice set of fixtures saw us start the season unbeaten and sit top f the league after 7 matches. As soo as we met the big boys though we got battered. We slowly slipped down the table but managed to sneak into the championship group due to that strong start. Once there we only won once and finished bottom of the group, with two teams in the relegation phase overtaking our points total, pushing us out of the european places and down to 8th overall

the cup is such a waste of time for us. in 24 seasons I've only managed to get to the quarter finals once. We've made a habit of losing to lower league teams in the last few seasons

Players

Rene Anderson 39A - Poor bugger is made of glass. Every other game he picked up some minor injury or other. If he's fully fit he's amazing, but he limped through this season with half his games played being less than perfect fitness. Still got 21 goals

Rune Bruune 41C - A real success story for us. He had really nice starting attributes when he came through the youth set up but with 4 determination and an unambitious personality I had no expectations of him. Injuries forced me to put him in the first team where he plaued well and , surrounded by a lot of good personalities, he finished the season on 8 determination and fairly proffessionsal personality. All of a sudden I have high hopes for him!

Patrick Jocbsen 43A - Once we got to the championship group I changed formation to a 433 narrow and gave our best youth pull from last season some first team experience. he took to it like a duck to water putting in some amazing displays and is now our first choice midfielder. really excited about what he can do in the next few seasons

Youth

well, our preview had very few green lines despite the promise of an excellent intake

44youthpreview.thumb.JPG.3f353d17a1b37edb79e690d7af2dec6e.JPG

So I really wasn't expecting much at all.

44youthintake.thumb.JPG.75135a694a1c48bc923c7b2ae4561cdb.JPG

I signed 9 or 10 up to the youth team but realistically only one looks like he has any chance of making it.

A lovely sell on clause gave us 13m at the start of the season as Bayern sold our old full back to Barcelona for 26m. We sold him for 7m so in all we got 20m from the little fella, which is awesome. He might now be an international full back but that 20m has funded a lot of upgrades. Training and youth facilities are currently being upgraded

44windfall.thumb.JPG.136a1ea6b0899e62982e3d7424beb060.JPG

Next season? I'd love to get into Europe but I still think this team is just a little too young and inexperiened. But give us 4 or 5 seasons....

44season23summary.thumb.JPG.96dc70f22f01282fa6a47a615d97900b.JPG

1 hour ago, libbyshuss said:

318462734_KFUMSilkeborg.png.e7cbea8fcbb74f3f88d1ac8976d59e5b.png

Season 43/44

Superliga

Finish 8th

Season Summary

A really nice set of fixtures saw us start the season unbeaten and sit top f the league after 7 matches. As soo as we met the big boys though we got battered. We slowly slipped down the table but managed to sneak into the championship group due to that strong start. Once there we only won once and finished bottom of the group, with two teams in the relegation phase overtaking our points total, pushing us out of the european places and down to 8th overall

the cup is such a waste of time for us. in 24 seasons I've only managed to get to the quarter finals once. We've made a habit of losing to lower league teams in the last few seasons

Players

Rene Anderson 39A - Poor bugger is made of glass. Every other game he picked up some minor injury or other. If he's fully fit he's amazing, but he limped through this season with half his games played being less than perfect fitness. Still got 21 goals

Rune Bruune 41C - A real success story for us. He had really nice starting attributes when he came through the youth set up but with 4 determination and an unambitious personality I had no expectations of him. Injuries forced me to put him in the first team where he plaued well and , surrounded by a lot of good personalities, he finished the season on 8 determination and fairly proffessionsal personality. All of a sudden I have high hopes for him!

Patrick Jocbsen 43A - Once we got to the championship group I changed formation to a 433 narrow and gave our best youth pull from last season some first team experience. he took to it like a duck to water putting in some amazing displays and is now our first choice midfielder. really excited about what he can do in the next few seasons

Youth

well, our preview had very few green lines despite the promise of an excellent intake

44youthpreview.thumb.JPG.3f353d17a1b37edb79e690d7af2dec6e.JPG

So I really wasn't expecting much at all.

44youthintake.thumb.JPG.75135a694a1c48bc923c7b2ae4561cdb.JPG

I signed 9 or 10 up to the youth team but realistically only one looks like he has any chance of making it.

A lovely sell on clause gave us 13m at the start of the season as Bayern sold our old full back to Barcelona for 26m. We sold him for 7m so in all we got 20m from the little fella, which is awesome. He might now be an international full back but that 20m has funded a lot of upgrades. Training and youth facilities are currently being upgraded

44windfall.thumb.JPG.136a1ea6b0899e62982e3d7424beb060.JPG

Next season? I'd love to get into Europe but I still think this team is just a little too young and inexperiened. But give us 4 or 5 seasons....

44season23summary.thumb.JPG.96dc70f22f01282fa6a47a615d97900b.JPG

I think it's really nice to see someone doing this in Denmark. I was thinking of it, but i think it will take for ever, because of the poor quality of newgens in Denmark. The last couple of FMs i think, it has been hard to get some really good newgens, even with some of the top clubs. 

1644267707_YouthCandidates.thumb.png.69ef8001218bc0816dd429cad4ce4e03.png

Just had my latest Youth Intake and it looks rather promising again. Plenty of players in plenty of positions that I felt could use some strength in depth. It would have been nice to have had some central defenders, but I can always wait for next season.

1830810960_PatrickBente.thumb.png.e664feab27e2c3331f91b2a7d75cf79e.png943770327_MichaelWehner.thumb.png.412b3a54648e1ee1f0281ec9eaeccf85.png733665685_Mustafazkan.thumb.png.25152003effa4735554b2304a84a5ce3.png

As for the three players with the best potential? I needed a right winger very much, same with the goalkeeper position. Was I desperate for a right full back? No, but he's still very useful at the same time, since we only had 2 right-backs. Yet that's not even touching the other players who can be pretty decent. This could be the best intake for overall strength in depth, but we've got to finish the season and survive first before I can claim anything has gone right first.

1 hour ago, gadedk said:

I think it's really nice to see someone doing this in Denmark. I was thinking of it, but i think it will take for ever, because of the poor quality of newgens in Denmark.

yep, it's taking forever! 

I might be able to win the superliga one day but i think the champions league is going to be pretty much impossible

FC United (England)
Season 7 - 2026/27
FCUnited_250adfa3de79759bf1f.png

First season in the Football League, and we finished 7th in League Two. Big success and mainly due to our exceptional facilities continuously delivering new youngsters with plenty of potential.

League (Results 1, Results 2, Results 3, Cups, League Chart) - In the league we started very impressively, and I got the impression that League Two is much easier than the National League, as others have also noted. After a good start the rest of the season was more mixed. As would be expected, but still very good for a newly promoted team. In the end, we missed the last play-off spot by one goal on the last day of the season. But all in all I am more than satisfied with a  slower, patient development and consolidation of this young and quite promising squad.
In the Carabao Cup we reached the second round where we lost to League One outfit Lincoln City, and in the FA Cup, we had a decent run bowing out in the third round to Preston North End from the Championship.

Team (Stats, Contracts) - The team has plenty of potential compared to this level, and they continue to develop and get better. Moreover, our promotion to League Two and professional status seems to have enabled us to reject transfer offers more without the interference of our Chairman. Tim Gamble in attack had a very good season and is now more a less a regular starter. On left back Harry Phelan bursted through and made the position his own. He is very good at this level. Simon Woodford also had a good season and developed nicely. For next season I expect good things from Jay McIntosh, Jonas Wolf and Samuel Azeez. They will get more gametime. Our 'experienced' team leaders also had good season Owen Pollard, John Garner and Robbie Paterson.

Facilities - The stadium expansion finished after approximately four months, and the capacity is now 5.900.

Finances - The professional status, promotion wage rises, new full time contracts and the apparent massive increase in Youth Setup Cost meant, that our finances went from decent and stable to very bad quickly. Most of the season we had a negative balance between approximately £800.000 and £1.000.000.

Youth Intake - Another Golden Generation. Our good intake facilities is really paying off. Elia Sorriso looks like a good striker and is a Targetman. But the best of the bunch is winger Luke Nicol who I am expecting to develop nicely into a really good player. As my previous post shows, I somehow forgot to tie him down on a contract. Luckily he has since signed a full time contract, but is still wanted by several Premier League and Championship clubs. So a sell-on clause for him is mandatory for me. Thomas Murray also has plenty of promise.

No Transfers

Goal for next season: Another midtable finish. I am in no rush to get promoted and will gladly use another season to develop my squad and increase their experience.

S7_Progressac31df3ed984dcb7.png

Edited by andershs

2240.png.dbd35e5eac3183bef82c0cc1a6a79492.png

FC Energie Cottbus - 2022/23 Season Review - 2. Bundesliga

369205224_FinalTable.thumb.png.f6b80f55555ff2af61cdb9adfe8d70b3.png

This season felt harder than last season. It didn't help that we lost Tobias Eisenhuth at the beginning of the season to Hamburger for just £1.3M, only for Hamburger to get relegated and for Eisenhuth to be playing in the 3. Liga division throughout the season. Still, I realise just how difficult this season was for us with the fact that we at one point went 9 games without a run and went 6 games without scoring a single goal either. The tactics I was using wasn't working, so decided to make some slight changes. I went from the Gegenpress to the Tiki-Taka, and suddenly in the last five games of the season, we picked up 13 points out of 15 to make sure that we safe. How or why this tactic made things click for us, I'll never know, but I am grateful that it did. The sheer difference the tactics made was clear when we played FC Augsburg. When we played them with the Gegenpress at their ground, we were humiliated and beaten 7-1, at our ground playing the Tiki-Taka, we managed to take home a 0-0 draw. We helped stop them from winning the title, so I was satisfied with the revenge we got in response to the 7-1 defeat earlier in the season.

680649006_MoritzBrochinski.thumb.png.16ab66b5d95b4bd2dce130107b80b472.png

Out of all of the players I was expecting to do well this season, Moritz Brochinski had the potential to do it, but I still wasn't expecting him to be the man with the most goals and assists this season with 9 goals and 6 assists. It felt like it came out of nowhere, but at the same time, it wasn't a complete surprise, he did score 9 goals last season too, which just goes to show how many goals we were missing from Degenkolb and Cordoba this season, who got 8 and 5 goals respectively compared to their 11 goals each last season. Still, Brochinski came up when we needed him to, which is all I ask from him. Whether he can score 10 goals for the first time next season reminds to be seen.

1206354028_ColinRaak.thumb.png.ee09b962bd0fce4153ee1311ca174a06.png

One player I have to give full credit to is Colin Raak. He's constantly been good for us and was one of the players that has helped us with stability in 2. Bundesliga in the last two seasons and has only missed one game in the last three seasons for us under my management in the league. For me, Colin Raak has been my best player so far in an Energie Cottbus shirt and his 8 player of the matches and average rating of 7.04 (which doesn't seem like a lot) shows that. The fact that he got the most player of the match awards in the 2. Bundesliga this season shows his talent and the fact that only he and Brochinski got an average rating above 7.00 also shows his consistency. He's also the only player in the side worth over £1M, which probably shows his value to us even more than you'd expect.

1494640250_FinnGoossens.thumb.png.68cd19ae91f68ca8c9768e28fae78112.png1654089498_SantiagoDegenkolb.thumb.png.70aa1c68a917a0bdf781f2932657c9bf.png

I also wanted to highlight Finn Goossens who despite not playing a single game this season due to his age is proving to be a rather exciting talent that I plan on throwing into the first team mix next season, fighting out the lone striker role with Santiago Degenkolb who has constantly been up there as the man in control of the striker position since I took over Energie Cottbus. With 29 goals in 86 league games, he might not have as many goals as most players would like, but he's still been our top scorer in the last three seasons with only Brochinski being within 10 goals of his overall tally in the last three seasons. The problem with Degenkolb is that he can go on rather long goal droughts, which at this level trying to survive we can't afford to have. Finn Goossens this season scored 28 goals in the under 19s level to help Energie Cottbus u19s win the U19 Div. 2 Northeast after they got relegated from the U19 Div. 1 North/Northeast last season. I have a lot of faith in this young talent to bring something to the table that I've been missing. Someone who could get us 15+ goals in the next couple of seasons in the 2. Bundesliga.

Oh, and in other news, I was able to get the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment upgraded. Nice.

107698057_SeasonStats.thumb.png.4c8295c6c2019f82f0fc574c16ad26f9.png

Season Review 2224/25

Not really a lot happening, we have managed to stay in the PL for last 5 years, first time since 2173-2178 have we stayed on PL for that long. Finishing 15th, 16th, 17th, 12th and 13th

20200905172510_1.thumb.jpg.7435f4e1a4e8da51189ce9dd2dabdc38.jpg

I do need to show you this guy who came through last season. He has just turned 17 on the screenshot and worth over £10m already. Don't get many players worth that much at that age over the years

20200904191518_1.thumb.jpg.33d4f13146312efc513bfc771bab1e84.jpg20200905175756_1.thumb.jpg.83b2fbb5fc1797c8b9075fdc505be5f0.jpg

Edited by Padders

Brave calling !

61072175.png.22f2c1b646e03532c3190fcafe48d2bb.png

Caledonian Braves - Season 2024-2025 (Season 5) review - Scottish League one

Pre-season |Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 |Past positionsSeason review

e727276e8b8c7bebd239b3812618a0c8.png

In our first round (18 matches) we gained almost the same amount of points as the entire previous season. unfortunately due to a bad round back we still dropped to position 9 and have to play relegation playoffs again.

91356032e948acb9f6505f754e89c0db.png
We escaped again, fortunately! I expected it to be much harder because we hadn't won since the beginning of January.

Squad| Best eleven| Transfers | Staff | Finances

After a huge squad overhaul we had to wait and see what we were going to get out of it.
Not only Bultel 23E ended up in the base team. Nabab-Aquilon 22C and Lutz 21F were almost all matches in the base as well. There are now four (also Amewou 21B is always playing) youth players in the starting line-up.

Player of the season

1560193611_ScreenHunter_139Sep_0501_06.thumb.jpg.b5ced3fcbf072502d702f3a30f763c20.jpg

Kelly, 5th time in a row but not his best season.

Young player of the season

962684372_ScreenHunter_140Sep_0501_06.thumb.jpg.4906bade1084b66f1a27d99d97f25167.jpg
Bultel 23E was my main goalkeeper and he was the best youngster.

bd0fd993beec6e5f4eac4e568f3d7371.png

Youth updates

Class 20 : nothing to report

Class 21 : Lutz 21F was the best player from this class, played almost all the games at WBL.

Class 22 : Nabab-Aquilon 22C is a first team player now.

Class 23 : Bultel 23E was the best player from all the classes.

Class 24 : Henneuse 24A played some games as sub, advanced forward. he looks promising.

Youth intake - Class 2025

Youth intake preview

First preview from our new hoyd. It looks like we'll get some right wingbacks or wingers.. lets pray !
Class 2025

Signed 10 player, not the best youth intake. Some good personalties but CA's of most players are very low and my excel looks very red.

Below the best three :

218506059_ScreenHunter_141Sep_0520_25.thumb.jpg.596801e961aac4b2b986670385945b6f.jpg1242502470_ScreenHunter_143Sep_0520_25.thumb.jpg.9305956b6402b086d77f32d87e3820c0.jpg305790641_ScreenHunter_142Sep_0520_25.thumb.jpg.84bd1c6ef9336b749b87a2f0ea7623bd.jpg

Michaud 25A Could develop as a good central midfielder with his spirited personalty. Meunier 25B and Desbordes 25C can be retrained as WBR , something we really need.

d7a934c267f2ea1da40ae8f57007f9b0.png

Improvements

We got a partnership with Hibs, just to get their annual fee and pre season friendly.
6aeef49429f15b9ab4f6cd8e9fa09793.png

Upgrading our youth facilities isn't working.. so we updated our junior coaching again.

Next season

no idea what to expect. Trying again not to be relegated and that some youth players are still maturing? I expect we'll have to fight four or five more seasons in league one before we qualify for the championship. 
It won't be like in league two (rising suddenly after three seasons). I'm having big issues concerning my staff.. can't resign any of them (except one or two average).. so my Hoyd, assistent manager , coaches are leaving or staying without contract. Can't upgrade our wage options for them :( 

302747660_ScreenHunter_143Sep_0520_37.thumb.jpg.916864a6beb6b17e21cc5f7c67c34989.jpg

Edited by OlivierL

FC Energie Cottbus

FC Energie Cottbus

Season Summary 2023 - 2024

Survived our first season in Bundesliga

After a shock promotion to the Bundesliga last season I was sceptical and didn't really think we had a chance of survival. We started the season really good with a 1-1 draw away to Stuttgart and a 1-0 win at home to Hoffenheim. After that our form took a turn for the worse and we won only one of our next 11 games! Our only win was against Holstein Kiel who got promoted the same year as us. 

We stayed around the relegation zone, picking up a win here and there, but we took some heavy losses, including a 6-0 loss against Hamburger SV, the team that won the Bundesliga 2 last year. We managed to pick up some form before the winter break and that saw us climb above the relegation zone. After the winter break I though we were on a good roll, but a 2-4 loss to Monchengladbach and a 0-4 loss to Hoffenheim didn't leave a lot of room for optimism. Luckily we beat Stuttgart 2-1 in the next round which was crucial! Three straigt losses followed, but after that we beat relegation competitors Freiburg 3-0. That was followed with a 1-5 loss to Mainz, but all of a sudden our form turned. We beat Hamburger SV 2-0, which was followed by a 1-0 win away to Holstein Kiel, a 0-0 draw at home to title chasing  Eintracht Frankfurt and a 4-1 win at home to Wolfsburg! This put is in a great place and I felt sure we would avoid relegation. I was a little worried after we lost our following games against Schalke and Augsburg, but we ended up securing our Bundesliga spot for next year with the game of the season, beating Bayern Munchen 3-2 at home! 

It didn't matter that we lost our last two games, we still managed to finish 13th! 

A fantastic season for us, but I have to say, I dont know what the next season will bring. We are by far the worst team in the leage, we are worse than any team in Bundesliga 2 to be fair, and we have to bring some of our top talents into the team. This will give us an even younger team next year, and will they be up to the challenge? Time will tell, but I have to say I am very proud of this season!

When we got promoted last season we lost our best player Tobias Eisenhuth on a free transfer. This was devastating, but Gunter Hollwictz proved to be a great replacement. Starting the season at only 16 years old he proved to be the key player of the season, also winning the "Players Newcomer of the Year"-award. We also have tremendous talent in the team and even though the youth intake this year wasn't great I would say the future is looking pretty good!  

Season Summary

1052431530_2020-09-0600_10_49-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.5a3624a54fb8e86b5cf508cc5cef8a6a.jpg     2008783735_2020-09-0600_11_06-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.aadb10bd1b2bb304f591d755ed7a0e1b.jpg     1771396705_2020-09-0600_11_19-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.f3c57a05b746dbfdcd1e903a648f89d1.jpg

Key Players

185315560_2020-09-0600_11_38-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.d79b28fed1ce1cad573cc4df502a8ee0.jpg     492258395_2020-09-0600_11_56-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.bad0996cfbd37e79a4ed441831eff7b6.jpg     1892945125_2020-09-0600_12_09-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.8a0b4b585950f945b93087666e91f600.jpg

Key Talents

1521484635_2020-09-0600_12_34-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.ff6129429922787f47129399d29b19f1.jpg     183351073_2020-09-0600_12_51-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.9cdf536a3a7872f33a9e697ab29ea584.jpg     524350508_2020-09-0600_13_05-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.80d27b1bcf358f280c85e0c0d9665949.jpg

Season	|	League              |   Position    |      Cup     |  Continental
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|	3rd Bundesliga      |	  2nd       |      N/A     |     N/A
2021/22	|	2nd Bundesliga      |	  7th       |   1st round  |     N/A
2022/23	|	2nd Bundesliga      | 3rd (promoted |   3rd round  |     N/A
2023/24	|	Bundesliga          |     13th      |   2nd round  |     N/A

11 hours ago, Big Marv said:

Quick question. Rules on existing loan players when you take over:

- must they be terminated

- can they be extended

Thanks

Hate to push for an answer on this one, but kinda want to know if I should fight for retaining the loan guys (offer new contract) or have to work with the rest of the squad.

klublogo.png.40fffb6162de1c1530b8b98733a84bf6.png

2022/2023

First season in the second league is done. We have one goal: Dont get into the relegation zone! 

1406176646_Season3stats.thumb.png.bf0ceaf4cd716e7258f12101e2c9e409.png

Goncalo Fonseca, my model citizen played the most games, next up is the big CB Vasconcelos and then the big talent Graca. Denilson is yet again topscorer with goals, but split with Santos on 8 goals.

618519279_season3playerstats.thumb.png.fbb4a013372b570d72780f8c3f7dc16c.png

Youth intake 3:

18561025_Youthintake3.thumb.png.14bd02005ff6bbd733144bb844d71495.png

We got a new goalkeeper talent:

1402092166_Newkeeper.thumb.png.985ca2339c05d7a9bd9956e49156c8d2.png

We got the best coaching staff in the league now:

personal.thumb.png.6ce24fae0c9334dc0792ffc4b434a535.png

Our best starting line up:

469544660_Skrmbillede2020-09-04kl_14_19_57.thumb.png.0c98e444bac11c10c0d0459710ac8813.png

But now to something very speciel!
Because how is everything going with some of my biggest talent/players?

First, lets take look af our model citizen:

230905379_Goncaloudvikling.thumb.png.7fcb76f68153e48e7238c3df0cc1fc23.png

Next up is star player, wanted by the whole nation after this season, Garca:

999025582_Gracaudvikdling.thumb.png.6cf99ab80ea3406bc83e161a61c1c4e4.png

668576811_Season3facili.thumb.png.17263b5cdd013d684bd9387dc9e446da.png

I forgot to mention i lost/sold two big players in jan this season..

80486911_Silvagone.thumb.png.6b63de4c5f5b76afe78f8c6efeb26df9.png

first Pedro Silva got sold for 1,3m € + 50% of the next sales, he was unhappy so i think i got the most of it. 

1512299710_Skrmbillede2020-09-03kl_19_52_22.thumb.png.8aa0ce52a56ad3f7935302119d405093.png

But then Leeds wanted our young DM Costa, and i said to them i wanted 10m € + 50% of the next sales, they went and said yes haha. I didn't think they would go for it. But now we have some money to make the clubber even better. He only played to games for me before this.. Maybe he could have been a future captain for me with great mental stats, but i have to take the money :D

Costa.thumb.png.3fc419354d1e0954b502e782ab5cf316.png

7 hours ago, Big Marv said:

Hate to push for an answer on this one, but kinda want to know if I should fight for retaining the loan guys (offer new contract) or have to work with the rest of the squad.

I don't really know the exact answer to this but my feeling would be if they are already there then it's fine but you can't extend their contract as that would count as a signing

198583843_PalermoLogo2.thumb.jpg.fc22dbbb83cfc391f6d4a124f5d51fc3.jpg

Season 2023 / 2024

6th in Serie B - Lost promotion playoff semi final

20200906095010_1.thumb.jpg.fa0c57a3bc8d33d398267da45499b515.jpg20200906095331_1.thumb.jpg.02982d7fcc9e16485042a8a1ecd59e81.jpg

20200905163414_1.thumb.jpg.dfffec41c04cf8ef3938d1c5e46b3c1a.jpg20200905163420_1.thumb.jpg.a2e0d47955ada54d64005e5f6c669e6b.jpg20200905163432_1.thumb.jpg.d4ebc22e71a889327a53e2ba249ea3fb.jpg

2004026306_KFUMSilkeborg.png.bb7be5ace09e2acd143614f770d67c35.png

Season 44/45

Superliga

Finish: 5th

Season Summary

A very similar story to last season. A good performance in the preliminary stage saw us just scrape into the championship group, where we struggled against the big boys. A win and a draw against AC Horsens, who also struggled, was good enough for us to finish 5th. As the winners of the relegation phase had overtaken us on points it was down to a play-off to decide who was going to Europe

45playoffresult.thumb.JPG.581b1ab4ac32abf98f06533e7914be79.JPG

An excellent performance saw us claim a new milestoen. It's taken 25 seasons but Silkeborg KFUM are in Europe!

Players

Rene Anderson 39A - Again, our main man. Top goalscorer, top assist maker and top average rating. The only downside was that he seems to have reached the limits of his potential with little or no improvement this season. He's good, but he could have been so much better!

Patrick Jacobsen 43A - My top youth pull from two seasons ago played almost every game this season and was superb. His value shot up to 1.1m and thankfully my club reputation is big enough so that he didn't get poached. He's just signed a nice big release clause free 5 year contract - I'm really excited about what he can give us in those 5 years

Youth

A really exciting youth preview, my best one in years. Lots of green and a promise of a golden generation!

45youthpreview.thumb.JPG.aab06844d132563ebff7c88ce17d11c0.JPG

So i couldn't wait to see what my professinoal HOYD and exceptional youth recruitment would give me. And when it came, there was only one 4 star prospect

45youthintake.thumb.JPG.c5ecddd1df617750f9716123ba1e2692.JPG

But that 4 star prospect looks really really good! really nice starting attriubtes and a really good personality, I've got really high hopes for him

45jorgenseon.thumb.JPG.2735e3086f3ed9fbd3b82296f3e9462c.JPG

He immediately started sprouting green arrows everwhere so when rene Anderson got injured for the play-off match I had no qualms putting him straight in. And.....

45jorgensenbreaksrecords.thumb.JPG.3998c548716539b1406728ea9ce8ea13.JPG

I'm really excited about where he can go in the next few seasons. I'm planning on giving him a few games here and there next season, see how he does. I have to manage him carefully I think, but he could be my very own Wayne Rooney

Our youth facility and training facility upgrades finished and they cost us a lot of money. We now have zero pounds in the bank and the projection has us losing 8m a season over the next two years. Eeep.

I might have to do a little clear out this off season

Next season is quite exciting, going on a European adventure and trying to break into the top 4. My best XI is very young though so I expect some inconsistency will hold us back. 25 seasons to get this far is quite a slog though...

45seasonsummary.thumb.JPG.3c169a3db06f2b1196fcadeece4df3f8.JPG

2023/24 Port Talbot

Returned to this save after my Portuguese disaster.

And what a return - another 3rd place finish and won the Welsh Cup so it's Euro II (Europa Conference). Rather oddly I still have to play in the European place play-off.

Youth intake wasn't much to shout about in terms of currant ratings but hopefully some potential.

I used the money from Europe last season to get an upgrade to my youth facilities - which are currently rated as poor. 

Update

Just had my end of season meeting and said to the squad we can avoid the drop and they all thought that was unrealistic.

Edited by Swindon69

SC Bastia - Season 6 (2025/26)

5b710dfb56fdb5aac613ed687662d2a5.png

League Table | Squad | Finances| Transfers

Summary

What a step forward! After last seasons struggle to survive, i was hoping to move up the league a little, cautiously optimistic as we lost none of our youths and really, in france, with the facilities we now have, we can develop some properly class players. We started slowly, slumping to the bottom after 3 games, but we slowly started to pick up some points, and gain some momentum, by mid season we were looking a bit more comfortably safe and looking upwards, not downwards. When Jan came and went without us losing our talent, i felt good about the 2nd half.

Wow, what a second half. We went on a bit of a streak. Infact, across the 2nd half of the season, we collected the 4th most points of any team! Not bad in a league with PSG, Lyon, Marseille and Monaco!  As we went into out final game of the season, we sat in 7th place, which was the last of the European spots! It was tight though. A win could have moved us up to 6th, which brings automatic Europa League Group Stage, a loss could have knocked us to 8th, and no European adventure at all.  Unfortunately, we slipped up to a heartbreaking late goal, but luckily Rennes also lost, so we FINISH 7th AND QUALIFY FOR THE EUROPA CONFERENCE PLAYOFF!!! 

Financially, things are still very bright. Our facilities are getting very top notch, and we just secured another upgrade to both Training and Youth Facilities for next season, and still 20m plus left in the bank. 

Youth Updates

Kadiena Teme (YP01a) - Has reached his level, and would make for a decent backup in the top league, but we dont have many CM types so he is a regular starter and just about holds up not badly. 

Lucas Durand (YP01b) - Released on a free at the start of 2025/26 season - never made the grade 

Julien Corre (YP02a) - Our main man between the sticks, a regular for the France U21 team and knocking on the door of the main squad. Surely too good for us, but thus far ive held onto him 

Gregory Le Berre (YP02b) - Defo our key player, when he missed some time with injury, we struggled. As you can see, Utd and City both want him, so cant see him still being with us next  season. Shame, as we have no need for the money :( 

Saul da Silva Silva (YP03a) - Our most improved player the last 2 seasons, suddenly looks properly class and his goals from the wing powered us to the european spot for sure. 

Pape Camara (YP03b)  - First choice CB still and holding his own just about. His partner (an untagged youth from season 2 or 3) is slightly the better player i think, but he looks set to be a fixture at the back

Samuel Ashu (YP04a) - A step forward in attribute development, and a step backwards in goals / performance. A frustrating player who so far, i am not gettting the best out of but he clearly has talent 

Abdoul Karim Dante (YP04b) - Moved up from U19s to the 2nd team, but missed a chunk of time with a bad injury. Recovered well and picked up his development, likely becoming a first team rotation player next year 

Mohamed Amine Meziane (YP05a) - Spent the entire season in the 2nd team, and he improved quite nicely. Still not sure of his best position but he will get consideration for the main team next year 

Lee Stevenson (YP05b) - Our Scottish lad actually got promoted to the first team mid season. He was not really ready, but i was desperate for goals and he was banging them in in the u19s, Predictably a bit out of his depth but lets see if he can develop into at least a bench piece

New Youth

Preview - Hey look. new HOYD, still a golden generation........

Intake - Not too bad at all. We have to be mindful that our first team now is much stronger than before, so the stars are relative of course and a couple of good prospects look to be in this intake. 

Parfait N'Tounou (YP06a) - Some interesting attributes, but i think more suited to being a winger than a striker. We use MR not AMR at the moment, so some minor retraining needed

Federico Marrero (YP06b) - We are low on depth at CM so this is a welcome addition, loooks like a good CDM / CM type if we can bulk him up a bit. 

f0958dec5bf6fb867894703e66295f7b.png

Couple of bits of post season news.

FIrstly, our keeper breaks the Lyon / PSG domination of the domestic team of the season

8edbef2f1e03803a211cb8b6887ac127.png

Secondly, got this huge bid for one of my youths :eek: THe board let me decline it, and i did. We have no need for the funds really, the TV money in the top division keeps our youth costs easily covered, even when they are maxed out and our salary costs are crazy compared to when we started, but still very low for the division. 

94509a86d5c66fe035f33209ae2876fa.png