The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

36 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Good job @Winski playing strikerless ?

Yes, I made a Strikerless tactic last season, inspired by mr. Strikerless; Guido. But I'm not sure about next season, I'm working on a new tactic with a striker. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, going to try this now in England. So I can start as either of the 4 promoted teams a season in from Vanarama North/South, right?

EDIT: Started in FMT, not sure if that disqualifies me? If it does I'll just do it for fun, no biggie

Gosport
Profile Page

EDIT 2: Screw it, I'll use normal FM. Ignore past post.

Merthyr
Manager Profile

Edited by Lashley

End of 2021/2022 season

After a bad start in the cup, being eliminated in the fourth round, i managed to finishi in the same postion in the league and with the same points of last year (11th with 36 points). I have the second best attack in the league but also the worse defense. Sadly the board decided to sell my 17 years old striker for 50 k ( he had scored 13 in 20 in the league). Damblon wwas the best goalscorer in the league with 20 goals.

I got another golden generation with some nice players, specially a serbian left back and a leaft winger.

Screenshot_27.thumb.png.6f25ae70bd23a581b7f9d7848946a66f.png

Screenshot_20.thumb.png.5d0ce978f018891df21e4c9ec1de3367.png

Screenshot_22.thumb.png.547c7e64cf16c5913994f2eb5a855fb8.png

Screenshot_23.thumb.png.138b3f9ebbdb2526d6b2652d8da0dadd.png

Screenshot_24.thumb.png.608bf0bb1b3631b4bfa528f71139a8fa.png

Screenshot_28.thumb.png.e47a5af77eb9dd07933814f5f3b670cb.png

Edited by filipefm20

Start of 2nd season has not been great. Our star CB was sold by the board for 1.6m but they wonb't use any of it to upgrade anything, the sale angered my entire squad so everyone is unhappy, my first choice LB is injured for 4 months too. Not a shock our start has been P3 L3 GF4 GA11 and we sit bottom :( 

sc-wiener-neustadt.png

SC WIENER NEUSTADT

Trying this challenge and heading into Austria for it.  Here we have a club with an interesting history, SC Wiener Neustadt, which has had many different names in it's long history even though the SC Wiener Neustadt name, according to Wikipedia, has only been around since 2008.

1920px-Wiener_neustadt_Performance_Graph

A lot of ups and downs with a brief appearance in the Austrian Bundesliga.  Right now, they are on a down spending the 2019-20 season in the third tier before getting promoted back into the second tier for the 2020-21 season.  This is where I take them over.

1297455251_FootballManager202012_11_201910_27_11PM.thumb.png.a4b1d6e314190d913d575cbf3dfead4f.png

906864666_FootballManager202012_11_201910_28_13PM.thumb.png.b2d6d197545f8cf8ffeb202bae459183.png

2078741309_FootballManager202012_11_201910_29_37PM.thumb.png.3e6577d604a35f09709ffb8978591abf.png

They are a club with a decent roster.  By decent, I mean, a roster that has players at every position.  They have a lot of cash in the bank.  I should be able to earn some coaching badges in the very near team.  The facilities are already good.

444668508_FootballManager202012_11_201910_27_53PM.thumb.png.e04d0a89e5854b6372dc9f02715600c1.png

1820855746_FootballManager202012_11_201910_49_48PM.thumb.png.41827a3ee2ba737637e06deddad0c27d.png

The board is not ambitious and does not expect to fly up the table and into the Bundesliga quickly.  This is good given the poor stage of my manager.

Vikeologist's Palermo 2025/26 Youth Intake Report

Image result for palermo fc

At first glance, my worst intake so far, but I think you really can’t tell at the point of intake. My reviews 3 years after intake (like the one below) demonstrate that.

I needed central defenders, and I got 2 although there’s no indication they’re any more promising than 1 or 2 of the guys who’ve been hovering around the first XI this season.

Antonio Simone YP6a – Is maybe a bit better than my HOYD gives him credit for, but won’t be getting within a country mile of the first team until he improves.

Alessandro Fiocchi YP6b – Ditto

Well, that was pretty boring. I always enjoy evaluating the draft class of 3 years ago though.

Oh well, normally I would, but after a quick glance, this is going to be more The Merchant of Palermo or Love’s Labour Lost than As You Like It

Daniele Corti YP3a – MVP for the last 2 years, I just sold this striker for £8.5 million plus 25% of his next fee (not just 25% of the profit). He scored 4 goals in his 17 appearances for us this season, so you can hardly blame me for taking the money, even though the lack of goals reflects more on the team than him.

Livio Nasca YP3b – Another striker, sold last season for £1.7 million. I believe he was sold over my head just as he was working his way into the first team. Left to my own devices I could probably have got more money and a clause for him.

Michael Romeo YP3d – One of 3 very promising goalies, he’s still 3rd on the depth chart behind his 2 slightly older predecessors.

I do have 2 first teamers from the intake though.

Francesco Galati YP3f- My starting right-back who’s not wonderful, but has the starting place locked up for the moment

and

Alessio Fantini YP3g – who’s been in the first team pretty much from the start. He really doesn’t score many. 18 goals from 99 appearances. His reports and media description are promising, so I’m not giving up on him yet.

Well, I can’t, because I keep selling my strikers.

20191210083306_1.jpg

20191212095810_1.jpg

20191212095817_1.jpg

20191212095822_1.jpg

34 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

At first glance, my worst intake so far, but I think you really can’t tell at the point of intake. My reviews 3 years after intake (like the one below) demonstrate that.

Totally agree. With the nickname change, I try to name mine from YPa to YPz based on how promising they are. I expect a and b to be the stars that will take the team forward, but often I rely on f, g and h.

ZKWbaSC.png

S.S.D. Latina Calcio 1932

Season 7

On The Pitch

Because of my lack of full-backs I changed the main formation to a 3-4-3 and build a new tactic around that. We had big defensive problems because of that (conceded most goals in the league), but overall it worked well because of our offense (scored most goals in the league). Spectacle in every game.

Important was aggression and that showed in the disciplinary lists. We shattered the Serie B season records for most yellow cards – in January!!!

At the end we were never close to the relegation zone. So a great mid-table-position in our first season in Serie B.

Key Players

Fabio Fiori: He was the main man again. The best goalscorer at the club, most assists in the whole league, one of the best players of the league

Fabio Petroni (03D): Was not far behind Fiori in goalscoring and average rating.

Francesco Indelicato (03B): May be surprising that in a season where we conceded the most goals in the league the goalkeeper is one of the key players (and for me even my best player of the season), but he was a life insurance. An average rating over 7 for a goalkeeper who conceded more than 70 goals is imho exceptional. He won us several games (for example here with an 8.5 rating), most saves parried, most saves held in the whole league. At the end he won the trophy for the best goalkeeper in the league (again: as the keeper with the most goals conceded)

Off The Pitch

Serie B helped us get our finances in order. We are out of the red, now, but it was close, because of two things. The squad gets a big bonus and the Italian tax system is a pain in the ass (I thought it's favorable for footballers, that's because CR7 is playing here). If I understand everything correctly clubs must pay taxes for 500k more than you earned. So if you earn nothing, you'll still pay taxes as if you've earned 500k. So we made a million, but payed taxes for a calculated profit of 1.5 million. So 475k of our money were gone. Club didn't want to invest anything in our ****** training facilities unfortunately.

Btw: My reputation is growing. Big local rivals Lazio and AS Roma wanted to poach me, but of course I said no to the chance of earning millions, spending millions on the transfer market and competing for Serie A title.

After the useless intake from last year at least one with 3 useful players.

Giuseppe Romani (07A): Can use a center mid always, especially a ball winning midfielder. Love his mentals. His technicals are meh, but that's the case with most of my players.

Hiromu Tanaka (07B): A dream comes true ;) A japanese-north-korean-player with high potential and decent attributes. Unfortunately he's a goalkeeper, so plays in the one position where I think we are sorted for years.

Eros Ciuffetti (07C): Another center mid, again with mentals I like.

As you can see, no useful wide players in this intake again. Our options are getting limited.

Next Season

I think it will be harder than the first one. With the worst team in most of the technicals attributes, but decent in mental and physical areas, we'll keep an aggressive approach for sure, but should we do what we did the first year and hope, that we'll score enough goals to survive again?The lack of quality in defense and 3 great strikers make this the obvious way. But is it the best?

Need to renew some contracts, but I am optimistic that we can earn money even with some higher salaries. Maybe there's at the end some money for a small improvement of our training facilities? You're allowed to hope...

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Playoffs Coppa Italia Coppa Italia di Serie C Europe Squad Key Player Best Goalscorer Intake Best New Prospect Team Of The Season Miscellaneous
2020/2021 Serie C Girone C 16th - - Group Stage, 2nd - Squad Salvatore Ciulla Federico Cardella - 6 Intake Carlo Di Mambro (01A) 4-3-2-1 National C Licence
2021/2022 Serie C Girone C 9th 1st Round 1st Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Luigi Fontana Luigi Fontana - 13 Intake Alessandro Colella (02A) 4-4-2 National B Licence, National A Licence, Youth and training facilities upgraded, Youth recruitment upgraded
2022/2023 Serie C Girone C 12th - - Qtr Final - Squad Fabio Fiori Luigi Fontana - 15 Intake Emanuele Esposito (03A) 4-4-2 Continental C Licence, Continental B Licence
2023/2024 Serie C Girone B 15th - 2nd Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Fabio Fiori Fabio Fiori - 16 Intake Angelo Polverini (04A) 4-4-2 Continental A Licence
2024/2025 Serie C Girone C 11th 1st Round 4th Qual. Round 1st Round - Squad Emanuele Esposito (03A) Fabio Fiori - 16 Intake Mario Mone (05A) 4-4-2 Continental Pro Licence, Training facilities downgraded
2025/2026 Serie C Girone C 4th Winner - Group Stage, 2nd - Squad Fabio Fiori Fabio Fiori - 24 Intake - 4-4-2 Promotion to Serie B
2026/2027 Serie B 13th - 3rd Qual. Round - - Squad Francesco Indelicato (03B) Fabio Fiori - 20 Intake Giuseppe Romani (07A) 3-4-3  

The Facilites
Year Training Data Analysis Youth Junior Youth R.
Start Below Average Poor Basic Fairly Basic Average
2021 Below Average Poor Basic Fairly Basic Average
2022 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2023 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2024 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2025 Below Average Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2026 Below Average Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2027 Below Average Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate

37 minutes ago, OrToDaRy282 said:

I'm joining my friend @keeper#1 in Austria to bring football domination back to Vienna.
I called my save the Wiener Winners. I'm not giving up to succeed in this long hard challenge! :)

I'm taking over one of the oldest clubs in Vienna, Wiener Sport-Club.

20191212144629_1.jpg

Good luck friend. I hope you can make a winner out of Wiener.

49 minutes ago, OrToDaRy282 said:

I'm joining my friend @keeper#1 in Austria to bring football domination back to Vienna.
I called my save the Wiener Winners. I'm not giving up to succeed in this long hard challenge! :)

I'm taking over one of the oldest clubs in Vienna, Wiener Sport-Club.

20191212144629_1.jpg

That club came up a lot when I saving and reloading trying to find the right club to manage.  I wanted to get the the "phoenix" SV Austria Salzburg.  The club had to re-form after Red Bull took over the old Austria Salzburg and put the Red Bull branding on everything but SV Austria Salzburg rep was too low and I was getting tired of saving and reloading to get them to appear.  I might try a couple more times today to see if they pop up but I doubt they well.

Best of luck with Wiener SC.

Edited by keeper#1

image.png.71cf84bfcfa71d825b71a62eea29da80.png

2033/34 Annecy FC season review - French Ligue 2

The League

On the field we had a nice safe and boring 14th place, without coming close to a relegation battle. Just what was needed.

Off the field we struggled to keep hold of a promising group of youth. Some I was forced to sell to the highest bidder and a 50% sell on clause when clubs started offering contracts for compensation only and one I received an offer too good to refuse.

The Players

Goals were spread around a lot more, but Alaa Saibi just scraped the top scorer award with 11 goals. He now holds the club record for the most league goals overall with 121.

Leopold Alves YP22a was the player of the season.

Albert Njoya YP33e was the best of the youth players I was able to keep and bring into the first team. He was shifted between DM and Right Back as needed.

Transfers

The sale of Jean-Marie Monteiro in January was not what I wanted. But he had 1.5yrs on his contract and would not sign a new one. 3.5m now, potentially rising to 5.25m was a very good deal. I can sell the +50% clause now if I want, for another 1m.

image.thumb.png.4b505eacf623d2384109f78a9516ac6e.png

4 minutes ago, Diego D10S said:

Club takeover and the new board immediatley bid on two players. Havent found any way to cancel it. Anyone experienced this or know a secret trick ?

@darren1983 you know anything about it ?

Yeah someone else had this a week or so back, think I said that if they force the players on you then all you can really do is sell them ASAP without using them. Seems a bit harsh but can't think of any other way around it.

3 minutes ago, Diego D10S said:

Club takeover and the new board immediatley bid on two players. Havent found any way to cancel it. Anyone experienced this or know a secret trick ?

Go to 'Staff' and 'Responsibilities' drop down menu. Select 'Transfers and Contracts' and make sure you are in control of everything.

It could be that your chairman or a staff member is responsible for some negotiations.

2 minutes ago, Fastbasher said:

Go to 'Staff' and 'Responsibilities' drop down menu. Select 'Transfers and Contracts' and make sure you are in control of everything.

It could be that your chairman or a staff member is responsible for some negotiations.

No I got control of everything

3 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Yeah someone else had this a week or so back, think I said that if they force the players on you then all you can really do is sell them ASAP without using them. Seems a bit harsh but can't think of any other way around it.

Yeah thats the only way around it. Just a shame wasting money so was hoping for a solution but everything happens out of my control.

33 minutes ago, Diego D10S said:

27 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

I guess it's because of the takeover and that the new board buys players without the manager's approval. I think that solution is the correct one. Sell ASAP and don't use sounds like a good rule for this.

18 minutes ago, Lashley said:

image.thumb.png.c3eff30c75bc0c49937c0dfc64bf3f23.png

Well, my first youth intake could be worse

Is that a golden generation with only negative comments? How bad are your current players then? :p

Toledo 2021/22 Winter Update

Well the league is now half way through, and we have got to the winter break in Spain, but it could be going better, although it could be going a lot worse.  In the league, currently in 14th.  My main problem is not scoring enough goals, having the worst strike force in the country, while my defence is one of the best, leading to too many draws, in fact too many 0-0 draws, with 7 of the nine ending in that scoreline. 

On the player front Rodrigo Pena and Juan Jose are both featuring regularly, with the former starting every game. 

The next lot of youth intake looks a little promising... 

42 minutes ago, Lashley said:

Not a great start

image.thumb.png.b649693e825f98a576c49b08fa2dfcd7.png

3 minutes ago, ATW said:

I know your pain... I see another sacking coming soon.  Twelve games!!!

Just now, syemo said:

After the halfway point, its all gone wrong cant seem to buy a win. 12 in a row lost.... bottom of the table and safety is getting further away. 14 to play.

Hang in there! I got relegated out of the league system after 10 years in my first try, and I struggled in Iceland. It takes some time, but I'm finally having success in Norway. This challenge is hard, as it should be, but it is possible to have success!

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Hang in there! I got relegated out of the league system after 10 years in my first try, and I struggled in Iceland. It takes some time, but I'm finally having success in Norway. This challenge is hard, as it should be, but it is possible to have success!

I'm here for the long hall as been sacked in Italy in my first attempt.  Already planning my next country to try :lol:

dont worry my first attempt doesnt look too good either. I pretty much have to win 8 out of 13 i guess to stay up. I should really just stop and start again but i want to at least finish the season and see what happens.

16 minutes ago, ATW said:

New save.  Been in Italy, now Spain.  I hear Sweden is a rather nice country. 

Dont for the love of god come to sweden...im finding it a struggle