Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am thinking of posting my missus's career at some point in the next few weeks, it is with Arsenal so not sure how interesting it would be to people. Apart from a chance to see how a woman plays FM lol.

Your wife plays FM? :eek:

I can't decide if that is seriously cool OR a pain as she nicks PC-time!

Your wife plays FM? :eek:

I can't decide if that is seriously cool OR a pain as she nicks PC-time!

It's pretty cool means there is no moaning if I want to watch the football or play the Xbox. She's not the wife yet though missus is just the term we use round these parts for girlfriend that you live with.

well i loaded a game last night and took over Crook Town, not done a damn thing as spent the night watching sunderland pretend we were a football team :( god we need to improve :(

might get going properly later tonight then ill start a thread, just got to think of a good name :)

im thinking:

We, was robbed! - the story or Crook Town

thoughts?

also i only loaded england so im debating on if i should load players from other countries and if so which ones

EDIT- think im going to load all england down to lvl10

Spain, italy, germany, france, Holland (top divs only), and load players from argentina and brazil

Press Alt + F9 and it saves an automatic screeny into My Docs - SI - FM10 - Screenshots, no ned to use paint.

Probably one of the most useful things for any potential FM Career Updater to know. :thup:

Also, you can convert tables and player stats to text using 'print screen --> text file' in the FM menu. This is useful for then inserting in

brackets in your thread.

A couple of really good time saving tips, I think, that some people might not be aware of. :)

Also, you can convert tables and player stats to text using 'print screen --> text file' in the FM menu. This is useful for then inserting in
 brackets in your thread.

A couple of really good time saving tips, I think, that some people might not be aware of. :)

That's a great tip Crouchy and one I wasn't aware of after all these years of playing CM/FM! :o I think I may use that in my new thread :thup:.

Just thinking what would be the ideal career game :-

I was planning to run the following leagues

England (Blue Sq Prem)

Italy (Serie A)

Germany (Top)

Spain ( Top two)

France (Top)

Liechtenstein (my Update)

Swiss (Top two)

Northern Ireland (All)

Austria (Top)

Brazil (Top Two)

Argentina (Top)

Oman (Top)

New Canadonia (All in a file i am going to do soon)

Botswana (all)

Scotland (Prem)

All on Medium database thats 29 Leagues with perhaps a few extra players loaded

hey folks i need some advice please: i have got two games on the go right now, putting a lot of thought and effort into them, dont know if anyone would be interested reading bout them but its probably a slightly more creative and productive use of all the tiime i spend playing FM than just keeping it to myself.

Thing is, I have already played a season in each of my games and i cant really be bothered giving a blow-by-blow account of each game from this season, let alone last, more just an overview every few game months updating my thousands of followers (!) with how things are going - so i don't know if its really suitable for the Career forum.

But i just read that the Stories forum doesnt allow pictures and, while i wouldnt be putting up a weekly league table via photobucket every week, i might want to add the odd image every so often if i keep the thread going, so I'm not sure i would want to put it in Stories.

Based on that very vague info, would you say this sounds like a Career or a Story? Thanks...

Career definitely, a great deal of people only do seasonal updates for their careers. :thup:

two votes to nil's good enough for me, cheers, i'll try to start it tonight. Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: first bit of Spanish career up now

' Athletic: gorri-zuria txapelketa? '

In CSE there is a sticky that includes the majority of threads on the forum with a brief summary of them. I have just completed this thread, which is the same sort of thing but based on this forum. I don't know if it will be stickied like it's CSE counter-part, but it should be useful for newbies and people that can't decide which threads to read.

In CSE there is a sticky that includes the majority of threads on the forum with a brief summary of them. I have just completed this thread, which is the same sort of thing but based on this forum. I don't know if it will be stickied like it's CSE counter-part, but it should be useful for newbies and people that can't decide which threads to read.

Looks good :thup:

I've stuck it for now, should be pretty useful for new people.

:eek: Amazing work PH, im sure everyone is very grateful :thup:

Great work Paul! 2nd on the Journeyman's career list. :D

Quite interesting take on hamilton's FC United career though. ;)

How often are you going to update it?

Great idea :thup:. Will definietly come in handy for new users. :thup:

Can anyone think of a good title for an Latin American save i'm currently 9 seasons into? Got the following nations loaded.

Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, USA (USL-D1) and England.

Can anyone think of a good title for an Latin American save i'm currently 9 seasons into? Got the following nations loaded.

Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, USA (USL-D1) and England.

"The Motorcycle Diaries" :D

Can I convert paint files into FM files? Would like to convert into a text file but I originally saved the file in Paint and have since advamced in the season. If I can't, can I see a league table from a particular point in a season?

No. You can only see the finished table in FM. What do you need it for though? If you already have it in paint you're fine. Just save it as jpg or png instead of bmp if you want to upload to photobucket or whatnot. Takes much less space ;)

If you want to take pictures from FM, hit Alt+F9. Then go to the screenshots folder where your savegames are located. Brilliant feature :thup:

Ok guys I'm planning on starting a Career type game when 10.3 is released.

I plan to load the following nations/leagues;

England - Prem, Champ, Lge 1 and Lge 2.

Spain - All.

Italy - Top 3 divisions.

Norway - All.

Career plan is to start out with sunday league reputation with a club in Norway's bottom division, then work my way up to hopefully top the Tippeligaen and get a club into Europe and the ultimate aim will be to get to Spain and manage a club in La Liga.

Basically just want to know what you guys think and if you have any hints or handy tips for me and if you think my plan is at all realistic... Cheers.:)

Just my opinion but I always load all the divisions in a league. I always regret not loading a league in every career.

Can your computer cope with additional leagues of BSP/BSN/BSS and Serie C1/C2?

Otherwise, welcome to the Careers Forum and enjoy your stay! :D

Ah Gundo :). Its most definitely realistic. Some of the most interesting careers start somewhere obscure and lets be honest the Norwegian 3rd tier is pretty obscure :D. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress :thup:

Thanks Iacovone, I don't have much experience running more than one nations leagues so it will be interesting I'm sure. I have decent experience in the Norwegian leagues so that will help me starting this, but anything beyond that will be a first...

Just my opinion but I always load all the divisions in a league. I always regret not loading a league in every career.

Can your computer cope with additional leagues of BSP/BSN/BSS and Serie C1/C2?

Otherwise, welcome to the Careers Forum and enjoy your stay! :D

My specs are - Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.60GHz 3.59GHz, 2.00 GB Ram.

Do you think it would handle those leagues?

My specs are - Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.60GHz 3.59GHz, 2.00 GB Ram.

Do you think it would handle those leagues?

Those specs are similar to my old computer. I think you can load those additional leagues without the save suffering from too much lag in the future. :thup:

Hey guys.

I'm thinking of starting a career where Bayern Munich start in the German third division (I have a story to it) but I really want to post in here as I am more interested in posting results/match details than going through a whole story about it all. Would you guys mind if I mentioned every edit/explain what I am doing or should I just post in the story forum where the rules are quite strict? Cheers. :thup:

Yep I agree with what acidmonkey has said :thup:. Its pretty free reign in here. So long as regular updates are given and the edits are explained in the OP, there shouldn't be any problems. I'm already interested in what brought you to demote Bayern to the 3rd tier!

This is typical first I uninstalled FM09 and forgot to move my Villarreal save and now my Sevilla save will not load, I had 5 seasons just about done and then this happens. I guess its taught me to back up my saves, might start yet another career thread in the next couple of days.

Archived