Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite like the different styles that people use as it gives a bit of variation to the format and forum. I wouldn't want to read threads that are indentical to each other. I personally prefer to do my updates at the end of the season and while I wouldn't want to do match by match updates, I think, as I said, it adds a bit of variation.

I'm pleased at how this forum has picked up since it was created and think it's been a great addition to the SI boards. I now find myslef here more than any other SI forum :D.

Saxonaitor, your style would be welcome in FMS (though as dafuge said, minus the pictures - we're mean and only allow links to pictures rather than posting them as images in the thread).

There are some in here who sit on the border between Career Updates and FMS, but unless something was overtly one or the other (or if the author particularly wanted it) then I wouldn't be quick to move threads between the two. As Raware said, the difference of styles in here is good for the forum.

Need a little help here: I can't think of a title for my career game. I started unemployed with Sunday League Footballer experience so if anyone has any ideas, fire away!

I thought about 'From Loser to Legend' but it doesn't seem to be that catchy, plus I'm not a loser.

Snap ! :D I picked up the Cork City job :cool:

How long does it take to learn a languageif your managing a team from there, or the national team ? is there any difference between the two ?

- Leagues Loaded: Belgium, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Holland, Turkey and Argentina.

A lower league game attempting to reach the top in any way possible.

Finland ?

You could be a c*** and get the mods to change your title to a pun sutible for whatever team your managing :thup:

Need a little help here: I can't think of a title for my career game. I started unemployed with Sunday League Footballer experience so if anyone has any ideas, fire away!

I thought about 'From Loser to Legend' but it doesn't seem to be that catchy, plus I'm not a loser.

What about..

"The World is an Oyster, waitng to be cracked open?"

"A suitcase full of talent"

If I think of a good one i'll chip in again

Anyone updated to the latest patch? 10.0.2 or something like that. I was wondering how it is?

On the GD forum there seems to be lots of major isssues with it. Such as crazy transfers, Fatigue problems and dare i say it? superkeepers! But then again sometimes they get a bit carried away in GD.

I thought i'd ask here as i feel there is more chance of getting a sensible answer.

I've been quite happy with it.

My players do get quite tired during a match, but only to the point where a couple of subs are needed. The superkeepers issues seems to be only affecting people who use certain tactics which concentrate on creating 1on1s, personally I try to create a variety of chances and my shots to goal ratio seems quite reasonable.

On the GD forum there seems to be lots of major isssues with it. Such as crazy transfers, Fatigue problems and dare i say it? superkeepers! But then again sometimes they get a bit carried away in GD.

You've went some way to answering your own question with this -

I thought i'd ask here as i feel there is more chance of getting a sensible answer.

The GD patrons wouldn't be happy unless they had a drama with something being 'broke', 'unplayable', or the AI cheating and ruining their lives.

Update to 10.2 and play away mate.

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

This is in the rules thread, makes it nice and easy.

If you write it out in note pad+ like I do, then transfer it to the forum in enhanced interface mode, it turns it into a complete mess. lol. That's why I use the standard mode. (In the past, I have spent an hour writing my report in the forum interface only for my Internet to disconnect and lose all the work. That's why I write it in note pad first)

Archived