Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's two that spring to mind, one where I can see he has ended up at AC Milan after being with a few other clubs first

Move along then - no one forces you to read my thread.

For the record - it is because of feedback that I post at the start.

I can't please everybody.

Yes, only in my opinion, can't speak for others. Just a shame as your thread looks a cracker but for me seeing all of your achievements straight away is a complete spoiler. I think you probably could please everyone if it was hidden and users had to click a button to reveal the spoilers. Sorry I offended you... Clearly a great career but for me I like to anticipate the next seasons performance etc, not be told it all instantly and then read how you did it.

In this thread, SI have now confirmed the tax for Italian clubs has been fixed...for new saves. Second post down, under "Finances".

Ouch, that's really disappointing. I haven't caught up with your thread yet, but I assume it's the same deal as the English leagues, causing huge debts?

I'm currently facing clashes in cup competitions, playing matches on the same day and again, it's been fixed but only for new games. All pretty useless if you only have one save per version... and I hate the idea of waiting until the Christmas patch has been out to start a new game.

Ouch, that's really disappointing. I haven't caught up with your thread yet, but I assume it's the same deal as the English leagues, causing huge debts?

I'm currently facing clashes in cup competitions, playing matches on the same day and again, it's been fixed but only for new games. All pretty useless if you only have one save per version... and I hate the idea of waiting until the Christmas patch has been out to start a new game.

Yes, exactly the same. Milan were paying over £5m in tax, every month!!! Losing £3m per month, even though we should of been profitable.

FM13 is the most bug ridden SI game ever. It should never have been released when it was - it was in such a state. Either that or they need more testers.

That's a highly annoying bug. And it's a real poor show from SI if it's only been fixed for new saves; I might as well remove the Italian leagues from my save set-up now, as I won't want to take on a team that is so disadvantaged from the rest of Europe. It's a shame really, as I love managing in Serie A; it's probably my second favourite European league after the Bundesliga.

On closer look at the club finances on my save, there's not one Italian club in the top 20 richest club. Juventus are 22nd with net wealth of £190m, then Roma at 29th (£151m). Compare this with my FM12 save (which I still have), where there's five Italian clubs in the top 20, and it's obvious that something is certainly amiss here :(

Argh. I didn't even know about the tax issues bug in Italy. Is my Mezzocorona save (now in the year 2019) screwed then?

I'm not at all interested in financial stuff, apart from maxing out my wage budget of course! I'm a football manager, not an accountant. So I've hardly studied the finances screen in game tbh.

I haven't really paid much attention to Serie A as I'm still playing at Serie C level but I did notice that A.C. Milan were relegated to Serie B in 2018. And now I look at the finances, I see only Juventus in the top 20 richest clubs in the world. Next is Inter down in 30th. Similar findings to AK22.

When I look at Serie A, almost three quarters of the teams on the job security screen have 'insecure' finances. A handful of teams have 'okay' finances. All of them have loan debts, many of the top clubs £100m+ and some even have up to £700m+!

My club, Mezzocorona, have been in and out of debt since I started the save, but I always assumed it was because we were a small club with a tiny stadium. Could the taxes be hampering my club's progress too or would I not really notice at that level?

Obviously my desire with this save was to take Mezzocorona to the top of Serie A and to try to compete for the Champions League too in the long run. It sounds as if this bug is basically going to ruin my chances of achieving that. :(

I guess it's good that I am at least finding out now after five seasons rather than having put three or four times as much into the save only to realise that Italy is screwed up. :mad:

And they really can't fix it to make it save game compatible? Feel really sad about this and wondering what I should do about my save. :(

:(

Feeling a bit ****** off with FM at the moment.

I have to agree with Daz. FM13 has been such a buggy experience for me too. I've reported countless bugs since it came out, including basic stuff like the functionality of three whole screens. How you can release a game where a basic screen like, say, assistant manager feedback just doesn't work at all? I've no idea. But I've soldiered on because I thought the game had potential to be one of the best FMs ever. However, this bug is likely really to test my patience with the game as it's essentially going to break my save, which I've put over 120+ hours in to playing so far.

I haven't really had a solid FM experience since FM10, to be honest. I'm told FM11 was spot on but I skipped it. I played a lot of FM12 and thought that was decent but it was also pretty buggy for me (including one major manager reputation bug that never got fixed in any of the patches). And now FM13, which I've got to say has been the least polished version I can remember playing since the debacle of FM09! Argh!

Why the hell did SI add tax anyway? Did anyone actually want it? Another 'feature' which is not only unwanted but buggy and this time has also fundamentally unbalanced the game! :mad:

Going back to talking about my save, I'm not sure what to do really. I'm going to finish my current season and then have a think about it. I guess, ultimately, I'll have to give it up otherwise I'll face getting into the same situation as Daz where it just isn't playable.

Then I either give up on FM for a while and have some time away from it. Perhaps even go back to playing an old version for a while. Or I fire up another save, either starting with Mezzocorona again or maybe heading to Spain to do the Big Euro challenge there instead.

I mean, SI say Italy is fixed if you start a new save but is it really? I don't want to have to holiday through 20 seasons to test it tbh. Is Spain safe or is it messed up too?

Argh. :mad:

Yeah not making it saved game compatible is a real kick in the teeth to be honest. I can't believe they wouldn't do something as simple as holidaying through 20 years with all leagues loaded just to check these things out before release. Really bizarre. We all laugh at the GD gibbons moaning about the game being broken and unplayable but this kind of bug genuinely is save-ruining, which isn't really acceptable.

Oh well, you'll just have to come play more Dota 2 with me and Flamers :D

Perfect! Should be a rule... :-)

EDIT: in my very humble opinion.

I have the links to every update in my first post so unless you scroll down half a page you wont see the 2nd post with my achievements.

Yes, exactly the same. Milan were paying over £5m in tax, every month!!! Losing £3m per month, even though we should of been profitable.

FM13 is the most bug ridden SI game ever. It should never have been released when it was - it was in such a state. Either that or they need more testers.

Daz, have you seen this post by Stu Coleman - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/318785-Italy-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues?p=8324163#post8324163

He says that the issue isn't save game compatible because it is a database error. He advises that you should adjust the 'Pension Employer' Tax rate found in the editor (Nations > Italy > Tax) from 38% to 23% to fix it.

So I assume that our saves might well be salvageable if we can use a save game editor. I have just downloaded FMRTE to take a look at my save and the setting Stu Coleman talks about is indeed at 38%. I assume that if I change the value with FMRTE, I can rescue my save. Sure, there will be some damage done from the seasons in which the values were wrong but hopefully they would sort themselves out in the long-run.

The main issue for me is that using FMRTE would invalidate my entry into the Big Euro challenge. It also doesn't really feel right to me as I don't like using editors. You also have to pay to use FMRTE apparently and it wouldn't necessarily mean a 100% solution in terms of the fact that the damage has already been done.

Something to think about. I'm considering it if it would rescue my save.

I'd do it, crouchy. It sounds like the kind of thing that might be allowed as an exception in the challenge since it's fixing a known bug. Even if not, and you can't technically complete the challenge, you'll know yourself that you've done it fair and square (assuming you do) which is all that matters really.

I'd do it, crouchy. It sounds like the kind of thing that might be allowed as an exception in the challenge since it's fixing a known bug. Even if not, and you can't technically complete the challenge, you'll know yourself that you've done it fair and square (assuming you do) which is all that matters really.

Well, I am tempted by that option and to be honest I'm enjoying the save enough not to be that worried that I wouldn't be allowed in the challenge any more (and I don't think they would let me continue as in my opinion it has to be a firm rule).

The main things putting me off are the cost of using FMRTE and also not knowing how well things would tidy themselves up financially in the long run.

First of all, FMRTE apparently charges you for a license to have the power to actually change anything in the game. It's £5 and I don't really want to spend the money on that seeing as I only want to change one thing and then I'll never touch it again! Of course, there might be a free option I don't know about, but I did a search on Google and couldn't see one.

Secondly, a lot of Italy is pretty messed up financially in my save now. I just didn't realise as I haven't been paying close attention to the top flight. For example, A.C. Milan are a Serie B side worth about £22m! Inter Milan have about £700m worth of debt! Most sides have at least £100m+ worth of debt! It's crazy.

I have deleted my game and I am starting over. A bug that has such a huge impact on the game, completely ruins it for me, so I had to delete it. I cannot abide the thought of using an editor so this is not even an option for me. I see you are also struggling with this concept Crouchy. It is ironic SI are almost saying use FMRTE, yet they cannot stand third partiy stuff.

Crouchy, so sorry about your save mate :( I was enjoying reading your save too.

I have deleted my game and I am starting over. A bug that has such a huge impact on the game, completely ruins it for me, so I had to delete it. I cannot abide the thought of using an editor so this is not even an option for me. I see you are also struggling with this concept Crouchy. It is ironic SI are almost saying use FMRTE, yet they cannot stand third partiy stuff.

Crouchy, so sorry about your save mate :( I was enjoying reading your save too.

Thanks Daz.

Yeah, I'm probably going to start again. Whether with Mezzocorona or in a different country, I don't know yet. :(

So I have been over to the Big Euro thread and withdrawn my Mezzocorona team from the challenge due to the Italian taxes bug. :(

Just a recap for anyone who doesn't know, apparently the taxes issue in Italy has been fixed in the recent patch but it isn't save game compatible because it is a database error. The 'Pension Employer' Tax rate for Italy is set at 38% but should be set to 23%. So there is nothing I can do to fix my save. As you can imagine, I'm feeling really sad about this. I put about 130 hours into the save so far. I have never had a game breaking bug like this before so I'm feeling pretty angry with FM13 at the moment! :mad:

I'm not sure what save I will play next. I really wanted to have my first attempt at the Big Euro challenge on FM13. The save I really want to be playing is my Mezzocorona one but I don't know if I have the patience and energy to restart and go back to the beginning with Mezzocorona at this moment in time. I'm unsure what I'll do. I feel like maybe a break would do me good and that maybe when the next patch comes out, I'll be in the mood to return to a fresh save with Mezzorcorona. Or maybe I'll get the urge to start a new save sooner in a different country entirely. To be honest, the latter is quite likely as even though I'm told this bug has been fixed, I'm still worried that this taxes thing might be unbalanced.

Can anyone report on their experiences with taxes and finances in other countries? Which countries appear stable and balanced with the new taxes 'feature'? I'm thinking maybe Portugal or Spain but I haven't decided yet. Italy is my favourite so something similar in culture and style could be my cup of tea. Any recommendations on a good league system to try? Thanks guys. :)

Guess the score:

lpVXV.png

(Oh and they were bottom of the league)

3-3 or you lost 4-0.

So I have been over to the Big Euro thread and withdrawn my Mezzocorona team from the challenge due to the Italian taxes bug. :(

Just a recap for anyone who doesn't know, apparently the taxes issue in Italy has been fixed in the recent patch but it isn't save game compatible because it is a database error. The 'Pension Employer' Tax rate for Italy is set at 38% but should be set to 23%. So there is nothing I can do to fix my save. As you can imagine, I'm feeling really sad about this. I put about 130 hours into the save so far. I have never had a game breaking bug like this before so I'm feeling pretty angry with FM13 at the moment! :mad:

I'm not sure what save I will play next. I really wanted to have my first attempt at the Big Euro challenge on FM13. The save I really want to be playing is my Mezzocorona one but I don't know if I have the patience and energy to restart and go back to the beginning with Mezzocorona at this moment in time. I'm unsure what I'll do. I feel like maybe a break would do me good and that maybe when the next patch comes out, I'll be in the mood to return to a fresh save with Mezzorcorona. Or maybe I'll get the urge to start a new save sooner in a different country entirely. To be honest, the latter is quite likely as even though I'm told this bug has been fixed, I'm still worried that this taxes thing might be unbalanced.

Can anyone report on their experiences with taxes and finances in other countries? Which countries appear stable and balanced with the new taxes 'feature'? I'm thinking maybe Portugal or Spain but I haven't decided yet. Italy is my favourite so something similar in culture and style could be my cup of tea. Any recommendations on a good league system to try? Thanks guys. :)

I'd highly recommend the Brazilian lower leagues. The tax bug is an extremely annoying one, I recently added Italy to my long term save but obviously now I won't be going there.

Are we saying there is definitely no point in managing in Italy? Juve and Inter are still in the top 15 richest clubs on my save...

When did you start your save and how far in are you?

It was fixed in a recent patch apparently but I don't know exactly when.

All I know is that my save is totally messed up! I'm in 2019.

When did you start your save and how far in are you?

It was fixed in a recent patch apparently but I don't know exactly when.

All I know is that my save is totally messed up! I'm in 2019.

I left my long-term save because of it.

How're your ethics lads? I've been offered a great job at one of the "big 2" in my current country, there is 6 times the wage budget and the club qualified for Europe last year, but taking it means leaving my current club for their biggest rivals. Normally I prefer to overthrow the big clubs, but I'm sorely tempted by this offer...

Really hard to say. I did it an old save, took Arbroath right up to the SPL and was challenging for Europe, and then received an offer to go to Celtic. The board expected me to win every game going, went crazy every time I lost a match, and most of the squad were just irrelevant mercenaries, compared to some of the youngsters I'd brought right up through the ranks at Arbroath. I couldn't take it, and I don't think I even finished the season with Celtic before resigning and moving to England.

This time round, I had a great time with Kaliakra, got them promoted in the Bulgarian A Group, and then managed to qualify for Europe. I was all ready to see how our first European campaign would go, but the frustrating thing was that there was one team, Levski, who were just so far ahead of everyone else, and had by far the best chance of actually getting anywhere in Europe - they had already qualified for the Champions League. So when the vacancy cropped up, I leapt at it, and it's been fantastic. Still a huge challenge, and a lot of work to improve them, but it would've taken an eternity to even get to this stage with Kaliakra.

Depends how attached you are to your current club. At Arbroath, I really loved the team, and only really moved because it seemed totally illogical to stay. At Kaliakra, I liked the side, but was a little frustrated by the knowledge that it would be beyond difficult to really compete in Europe, so I moved for a very tangible reason. And in that regard, it has really paid off, and I'm pushing to qualify from the Group Stages every year, rather than floundering in the Europa League qualifiers.

Cheers for your response, snootyjim.

I'm just about to start my fifth season, but I'll only have been at my current club for a year so I'm not too attached yet. However, in my first year we did qualify for Europe and even finished above the club who've offered me the job, but this summer has been spent embroiled in a board takeover. It's gone through 9 days before the season starts, and I think I could have another reasonable season, although I'm a long way behind the top 3 at this stage and I don't really have the finances to ensure I can close the gap.

If I give you a comparison, my top earner is on £6,750p/w, while the top earner at the other club is on £67,000p/w. Expectations wouldn't be too high in my first year, simply finishing in the top 5 would guarantee European football, but I think I'd have a good shout at challenging for the league, and I'd even think I could make an impact in Europe within a couple of years....

It sounds like a no-brainer, but there is something about building a club up into contenders rather than just taking the job at a massive club and recreating real life...

No rivals. Ever.

I'm looking at a new save. It's either Evian TG, Frankfurt or ADO Den Haag.

Your thoughts?

Eintracht or FSV Franfurt? The latter would get my vote as you'd be in the second tier...

And yeah, it would seem the no rivals thing is a majority. Interesting.

Have any of you ever had a crash dump, then had to replay a few months?

In my current game, when I resigned from Wrexham (in August), I was unemployed until early November of the same year when my game crashed. When I went to reload the auto save, it was corrupted. I have a backup (due to past saves being lost :D) and reloaded from there and was back at Wrexham in early August. I resigned again and holidayed through to the same point where I lost my game (I would refuse any job offer during this period as I had not found a suitable job during the first run prior to the crash dump).

My point is, should I start over? I really don't want to as am attached to this save. I guess I am just after reassurance.

It's always disheartening when I lose progress in a game, though thankfully that's been very rare since I made a 3-file rolling weekly autosave standard practice a few years ago (though occasionally I've turned it off for various reasons and lost stuff when I forgot to put it back on), and nonexistent as occasional crashes mean I save after matches. I often feel completely unmotivated for a bit, but in time it's something you learn to get over quickly and not let it ruin a save.

I had to replay 18 months on FM12 when my laptop got damaged. Was gutted at the time but once I'd got past those 18 months I completely forgot about it.
I'd really struggle, as I can't bear it when the game crashes and the results don't replicate what happened last time... feels like cheating. Since you're leaving the club though, it wouldn't bother me so much.
It's always disheartening when I lose progress in a game, though thankfully that's been very rare since I made a 3-file rolling weekly autosave standard practice a few years ago (though occasionally I've turned it off for various reasons and lost stuff when I forgot to put it back on), and nonexistent as occasional crashes mean I save after matches. I often feel completely unmotivated for a bit, but in time it's something you learn to get over quickly and not let it ruin a save.

Thanks guys, that is the reassurance I wanted. :)

Jim - it has been niggling at the back of my head, but I think I will continue.

Archived