Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

I've had that in my Indian save. Bit part squad players want their wages doubled or tripled. Also, a lot of free agents ask for ridiculous money, no club can make a decent offer and they end up retiring aged 21....

Yeah, that's always been bothersome FM. You can't get the stupendous wages playing football, so instead of lowering your sights you decide to go get a real job?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it was done last year for this forum iirc. But would I be able to create a thread for people to give me created players. I want to create, if I can get everyone involved a FMCU team, a CSE team, an OTF team maybe, a GPTG team, an FMS team and an SI & Mods team possibly. I'm just trying to get potential interest from each forum and the go ahead to create a thread in each relevant forum before creating a thread in here and updating it. As of yet I haven't decided of what periods it would be updated.

So yeah permission mods? And would there be interest from the people of FMCU?

I'm happy enough. Either a 5' 11" John Robertson type winger or Berbatov DLF

The amount of times he has beaten Sunderland, Acidburn may disagree with that. :D

Probably not :D

Eh, you can lose to Oldham with me and you can lose to Oldham without me. ;)

That didn't happen :(

Wow. The Canadian federation just pulled its sanctioning from the Canadian Soccer League in the wake of a match-fixing scandal.

According to CSA and CONCACAF sources, Interpol told those in attendance that nearly $100 million had passed through legitimate betting houses, to be placed on Canadian Soccer League matches, the past three seasons. They held the CSL up as an example of how even little out-of-the-way leagues were being targeted in a major way.

Interpol stressed to those in attendance that not all of that money would have been associated with match-fixing but given recent revelations surrounding the CSL, "the number has sent chills through the law enforcement community."

Another ripple in the CSA's decision to no longer sanction the CSL, is that the long-awaited Easton report - a study intended to determine the feasibility of a Canadian professional league - is expected to be widely released Friday.

"The Easton report puts forth the idea of creating a semi-professional soccer league that would be very similar to what junior hockey has accomplished with their structure, where you have regional leagues across the country and overarching governing body that hosts a national championship each year," CSA president Victor Montagliani said.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/opinion/2013/01/csa-cuts-ties-with-canadian-soccer-league.html

In my current save the only leagues I have open to manage in are MLS, England, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. Any recommendations on which leagues to add? I'd like somewhere in Europe that isn't a big country but has a bit of money in it and thinking of adding some Asian leagues as well.

In my current save the only leagues I have open to manage in are MLS, England, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico. Any recommendations on which leagues to add? I'd like somewhere in Europe that isn't a big country but has a bit of money in it and thinking of adding some Asian leagues as well.
Turkey :thup:

I enjoyed Turkey on FM12. The lower leagues were decent and the Super Lig was fun. The end of season 'Champions Group' made for a very interesting end to the season as well.

Belgium is brilliant, top 6 clubs split into a separate group at the end of the season, then the next 4 clubs IIRC split into a series of playoffs for going into the Europa League and the rest go into a relegation group as well. I had loads of fun when playing there, there's always something going on all year.

It's not packed with money anywhere near like Turkey, but I took charge of a lower end of the table side and within 5 years had them beating the likes of Juventus in the Europa League so it's hardly impossible to build a good squad there, you can get good players.

This on FM12 though not sure if Belgium's exactly the same in 13.

Hi guys!

As some of you might remember, a few weeks ago my Mezzocorona save came to an end due to the Italian taxes bug having messed up the finances in my save to the point that it was pretty much completely broken. Regrettably, there was nothing I could do to fix my save and I imagine that if I had kept playing it would surely have been totally unplayable in the future.

I've since taken a bit of a break from FM but now I'm desperate to get back into a save and I'd ideally like to go back to Italy. After a break away from FM, I think I have the required patience and energy to restart and go back to the beginning with Mezzocorona now, although I couldn't have said that a few weeks ago when I discovered my save was broken! However, having put a fair amount of time into my Mezzocorona save (130 hours having played until 2019), I'm extremely worried about devoting the same sort of time to a save only to have it become unbalanced again.

Anybody based in Italy over here? I'd be interested in hearing how you are getting on! Can anyone report on their experiences with taxes and finances in Italy? Is Italy now stable and balanced with the new taxes 'feature'? Or should I stay clear of Italy (or maybe wait until the next patch) before putting more time into a fresh save?

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks. :)

Hey Crouchy. I have checked in my game and unfortunately, only Juventus are in the top twenty richest clubs. Also, all the Italian clubs appear to have loan debt. :(

Most of the Italian clubs have loan debts from the beginning though. It's just a question of whether that loan debt is ridiculously spiralling out of control as it was in our saves before.

I asked this question in GD and the general verdict seems to be that things are much better now. However, I've also been running a holiday save to check for myself.

I went on holiday from the beginning of the save until 2028 and then compared the financial situations of each club to their initial values/debts. In general, things looked fairly consistent and a number of clubs have even improved in terms of both value and debt.

In my save, the richest clubs list has Juventus in 7th, Palermo in 12th, Napoli in 15th, Torino in 31st and A.C. Milan in 34th. Compare this to the starting richest list (2012) which has Juventus in 12th, Milan in 16th, Inter in 30th and Roma in 31st.

I only compared financial details for the Serie A clubs as I figured that would be a good enough initial indication if something was still badly wrong.

Despite this positivity, I still think something is a bit off with Italian football in FM (I might well be wrong). The two Milan clubs, in particular, seem to suffer quite a lot. I don't understand (or particularly care) about finances enough to work out why though!

I think it is making me think twice about returning to Mezzocorona. I may end up going for the journeyman save that I have suddenly started to crave!

One thing I have noticed in FM13, is the loyalty of the boards.

Twelve seasons in and Roberto Mancini is still at Machester City, Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid, Pep Guardiola at Manchester United (he was appointed after Sir Alex Ferguson retired after two years game time). Carlo Ancelotti was at PSG for many years before retiring at Paris Saint-Germain. Lucien Favre was at Arsenal for many years until he retired (with he himself appointed a few years into the save as Arsene Wenger retired). The list goes on and on!

Have any of you found the same?

Well, Roy Keane's been at Man Utd for an age, when they've been reasonably successful but hardly dominant, will have to see if he's still around after a poor 9th last time. Anyway I have a little thing to ask myself.

I've been tempted by EU3 for months now, but my last laptop was nowhere near powerful enough, my new one is but also has Windows 8. EU3 was released as far back as 2007, but there's a version with all the expansions from just last year that goes up to W7 at least which is more likely to work. Texted a tech-savvy friend about it who says that a lot of games should still be alright (though might depend on the game, not found much either way on a google search), but just wanted more input.

For the most part (I'm in 2024),the bigger clubs in England have shown a lot more loyalty although there are exceptions to this.Mancini is the longest serving Manager in the Premier League followed by Michael Appleton (Birmingham City Manager.)Di Matteo was at Chelsea till 2022 when he left for the England job and Guardiola was Man Utd manager between 2014 and 2023 as he was sacked.

Outside England,Ancelotti has just retired from P.S.G,Mourinho is still at Real Madrid.Outside Europe,Fernandao has been manager of Internacional since 2011 and is currently 4th in the Hall of fame behind Mourinho,Ancelotti and Ferguson!

Europa Universalis 3, a rather complex but awesome real time strategy game, one of a series of 4 by a Swedish company called Paradox. Crusader Kings, Victoria and Hearts of Iron being the others. Been tempted by it by numerous youtube LP's, especially with my love for all things Roman and the chance to save the Byzantines. I was wondering what experiences people had with playing games on Windows 8 that predate it a bit, as FM13 is supported on it which doesn't give me any clue.

Ah yes, I am familiar with Paradox and EU3 as I have it. :D

Excellent game, albeit in a niche market. I do not have Windows 8 - and do not plan on getting it anytime soon either. In fact, when I upgrade my PC next (either March this year or next year), I will get someone to build it for me with Windows 7.

Archived