Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[video=youtube_share;9rrDiPodlok]

I think I might finally understand why over on the tactics forum wwfan insists on having an attacking full back. Taken from a game that didn't get saved due to my computer not being too co-operative at this time.

After one of my CSE saves ground to a halt, I'm thinking of getting a career going.

Undecided about whether to do a multi-country journeyman or take my local club from tier 9 of the English pyramid to the top. What do you FMCU regulars think? :)

It turns out winning the Confederation Cup no longer gets you a place in the Asian Champions League meaning the challenge can't be done from one of the smaller nations. Rather than quit the save and start over, I thought I might remove and add a few leagues and turn it into a career with the aim of promoting the Indian game

Does everyone do a table of their managerial career in their thread? I don't read every thread but I'm guessing it helps people by doing a summary of your career. I haven't done one and am in 2034 now, I think I may have to knock one up.

Does everyone do a table of their managerial career in their thread? I don't read every thread but I'm guessing it helps people by doing a summary of your career. I haven't done one and am in 2034 now, I think I may have to knock one up.

I find them useful - as I read every thread, I can take a glance at it to jog my memory on the save.

I know it was done last year for this forum iirc. But would I be able to create a thread for people to give me created players. I want to create, if I can get everyone involved a FMCU team, a CSE team, an OTF team maybe, a GPTG team, an FMS team and an SI & Mods team possibly. I'm just trying to get potential interest from each forum and the go ahead to create a thread in each relevant forum before creating a thread in here and updating it. As of yet I haven't decided of what periods it would be updated.

So yeah permission mods? And would there be interest from the people of FMCU?

I know it was done last year for this forum iirc. But would I be able to create a thread for people to give me created players. I want to create, if I can get everyone involved a FMCU team, a CSE team, an OTF team maybe, a GPTG team, an FMS team and an SI & Mods team possibly. I'm just trying to get potential interest from each forum and the go ahead to create a thread in each relevant forum before creating a thread in here and updating it. As of yet I haven't decided of what periods it would be updated.

So yeah permission mods? And would there be interest from the people of FMCU?

I'm in, as long as I am not a waster. :D

I'm in, as long as I am not a waster. :D

As long as you are realistic in everything from height to attributes. Then everything would be fine. You'd decide that as well. So for example, if you was 5ft5 put made yourself a 7ft giant, then that would be unrealistic. So yeah, as long as your attributes are reasonable then it's ok. If I get permission, I'll get the threads up in the relevant forums in the next few hours/days depending. I'm thinking of placing the teams in the Blue Square North/South.

Edit: I'd just set you to have a reasonable CA for that division.

I never did, but I do now. As Daz said, I think it must be helpful for people who can't be bothered to read the last few pages and just want to keep up with the current stuff, people who've forgotten who exactly you are having missed the thread for a few weeks, etc.

I'd never put it in the first post though, seems a shame to tell everyone the ending before they've got past the opening - if they're reading for the first time.

I like having the table at the end of the season review too, gives a nice quick perspective on how your career has been playing out.

As for the table at the beginning I think it's useful but to avoid spoiling readers I prefer to keep it as a spoiler so you have to manually select the text to read it. Or put a huge big warning in red letters, scroll quickly if you don't want to be spoiled!

Anyone else noticing players wanting huge pay rises?

My wage bill at Sunderland is already £1.3m a week and now the selfish eejits are asking for massive pay rises. Some want to go from £50,000 a week to £105,000. I've tried offering the agent more money but it doesn't work at this rate I'll have to sell a few of my top players for being so selfish.

Archived