Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

to export the team, load your save, do yo your clubs home page (one showing Club Details, League history etc.

Hit "More Actions"

"Export Team for Versus Competition"

there you have your side now as for other people go to Versus mode and select the options you want, when you get to pick a team select Import Team and select the side you exported previously

To invite some one:

open steam friends list,

Right click the opponent and select invite to game

Thanks, very helpful :thup:

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to throw out an idea I have here....

On my main save, I am in my 2nd season (February) I play three teams : GFC Ajaccio (now in Ligue 1), P.S.G & U.D Almería (Now in La Liga)

I was thinking I might start a career thread detailing my different aims for each club. All three clubs would be interlinked via an interface (my main save). I would be providing weekly updates on my three teams. I am proposing to start a different thread for each club, with at the end of each month, each thread would have the exact same "world review" i.e - how other teams in other leagues are doing.

I will do a general club thread for the first few posts (see my GFC Ajaccio club thread in the club threads forum) & then obviously showcase how I've done over each week.

The aims for each clubs are radically different.

The Corsican Challange

At heart I am the traditional romantic... I love the underdog... it is for this reason I took up the reigns at GFC Ajaccio... In my GFC Ajaccio career thread, my main aim is simple: Get all four Corsican professional clubs into the Ligue 1 and keep them there. Once this is achieved (i.e - all four clubs, once promoted stay in the top division, no relegation),I will have completed my aim. For those that don't know Corsica is an island of France with a population of 600,000.

Toppling the giants

For U.D Almería... well I am currently beasting right now... I'm third in the liga with 24 games gone... I am absolutely thrilled at it, if this holds up it will be my greatest achievement thus far (well... i suppose getting rotherham into europe after 5 years may beat it, or getting Queens Park to the top division in scotland after 5 years). My aim in this save will be simple.... Try and topple the giants of the league; barcelona, real madrid and to an extent athletico madrid... i.e - win the league.

The New Galactico's

As for P.S.G..... My aim is this : win the champions league 5 years in a row... build the greatest team known to virtual mankind in FM.

I would love some feedback on this... anyone think i should do it? Obviously there will be those who will question how i will stop my aims from conflicting with each other (i.e - what if P.S.G draw almería in the semi-final of the champions league), however i would keep this to a minimal... a general rule I have is to only buy players who my scouts recommend... therefore whichever clubs scouts find the player i would love to have for both... the team with the scout would buy him.

Sounds really interesting actually and I'd be a keen follower. Would appeal to a wide variety of different people as well as everyone would have their favourites. Should be easy to format - just have a look at how most people do monthly updates with badges etc. Any doubt in aims conflicting and I suggest you just open it up to discussion in the thread - if there's no reply then go for what you see as the best idea.

Like I say though, this seems a really good idea :thup:

Sounds really interesting actually and I'd be a keen follower. Would appeal to a wide variety of different people as well as everyone would have their favourites. Should be easy to format - just have a look at how most people do monthly updates with badges etc. Any doubt in aims conflicting and I suggest you just open it up to discussion in the thread - if there's no reply then go for what you see as the best idea.

Like I say though, this seems a really good idea :thup:

Nice to know someone would be interested!

For those that may be interested.... here is an example of how I would start of each thread... this is my club thread for GFC Ajaccio.... all details from that thread will be compiled and form the introduction for my career save with GFC Ajaccio.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/341181-FM13-GFC-Ajaccio-A-Corsican-Dream

This format would be used as the introduction for my U.D Almería thread and my P.S.G thread.

I am seriously considering doing this. It will take a lot of effort to get the three threads up and started! I think I will get round to doing this when I have finished my 2nd season, so I can give both my first and second season previews, analysis and reviews for each club.

Would it not be better to do it all in one thread? IMO it would make everything more focused and easier to follow

Really? I would think it would get kinda clustered. But if thats what yourself and others would like to see, then yeah i would do it.

Just my thoughts. I think it'd be nice to see it altogether so you have an easy idea of how your game is progressing as a whole. Wouldn't need to be hugely detailed either, although that's obviously up to your personal taste :). Will have to give that thread a read-through as well, looks good.

Really? I would think it would get kinda clustered. But if thats what yourself and others would like to see, then yeah i would do it.

I agree id read it but would prefer them in the same thread t keep an idea overall of whats happening

Has injury news disappeared for anyone else? I'm getting surprised by players showing up with red "INJ" boxes next to them, with no notice in my inbox.

Figured out what was going on.

I didn't have a physio on staff. :lol:

:o:o:o:o:o

A lot of money for BSP!

Aye im loaded

Sold my top scorer to Hearts for £1.9m (was a Northern Ireland international)

last three years managed to butcher my way to the FA Cup 3rd round and drawn

Chelsea Away lost (8-1)

Chelsea Away lost (5-1)

Man Utd Away lost (8-0)

So my balance is a healthy £3.36m

Have found another striker, for only £120k which scouts say can play in the championship

Is anyone free to start their own Career Thread in here? I've started a game with Southport (live there now) using my own tactics and shouts for a first time. I'm already in the second season but figured it could be fun to put something together.

Just worried if nobody will be interested or anything!

Anyone can post a career in here and I'm sure if you write up an interesting enough save then people will read it. Yours sounds good enough lower league side with your own tactics for the first time should be interesting enough.

Really? im genuinely suprised at that, all software houses ive been to or worked in have developed on PC, the gfx have been done on mac in some of then though

Definitely remember one of the SI developers mentioning that when the Mac version was being discussed in GD a long while back.

Definitely remember one of the SI developers mentioning that when the Mac version was being discussed in GD a long while back.

They nortmally have a couple of macs to port the game too make sure it works etc. but that would be really good to know if its true. every programmer i've ever spoken too absolutely despises working on Mac's

I'm a programmer and I love working on Mac. The Unix terminal is far nicer for command line stuff than windows command prompt. Besides command line, programming is just using a text editor, so OS doesn't matter. Besides even if you really want to use a specific IDE most of them are multi-platform these days.

Is FM13 the most bugged game ever released by SI? My game is now at serious risk due to a known bug and I am very angry.

First all the crap with the ME, then the tax issues in the UK, now we have tax issues in Italy and it is affecting my game. Eight seasons and a lot of effort and gone.

I am not happy.

So when I enter a new career update thread...

And the creater lists his/her achievements in the opening few posts...

It completely ruins the thread for me.

Just me?

There's two that spring to mind, one where I can see he has ended up at AC Milan after being with a few other clubs first, and another where there's a huge list of targets and massive red highlights to say what they have achieved.

I'm making a point of sharing these thoughts because of how much I've enjoyed the Dafuge, AK22, Hypanimz and SnootyJim threads.

I'd love to enjoy the other threads too, but can't knowing what the career has achieved right at the off. Where's the fun?

That's why my second post is spoilered. Not because I mind (though I don't want to much to be spoilt, that having the option to follow every thread from the start as a permanant presence on here means I don't have that problem and don't need to catch up on many pages of posts without), but a few people mentioned it last year and I decided it would be a good idea not to reveal it all.

Is FM13 the most bugged game ever released by SI? My game is now at serious risk due to a known bug and I am very angry.

First all the crap with the ME, then the tax issues in the UK, now we have tax issues in Italy and it is affecting my game. Eight seasons and a lot of effort and gone.

I am not happy.

What bug?

Archived