Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

You're not the only one. Even when I'm not taking part (which is always), and when there's no deadline day to take part in, the major deadline days take a very long time. I thought the game had stopped working the first time it happened because it was still running so fast otherwise.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I created my own team and put them in blue square south. Gave them 500k and put rep about the same as one of the teams in that league. Just avoided relegation in first season. Up to 3rd in next one. The average age for my team is 22. My star striker is 16 and he`s got 24 goals so far with about 10 games left. i have a attacking midfielder who is also 16. I am hoping to take the team to the top provided i don`t get sack that is.

Won the league first season with only a couple of January signings with Newcastle, and also been stuck in the bottom half of the BSN for 5 seasons (but then I am doing a youth-only challenge), so had both ways personally. Tbh if dafuge is finding it tricky, it probably is tricky.

It feels like I can hit a good streak or absolutely suck so far, without an apparent reason why.

I had a bad spell in charge of Persibo, a pretty poor one at Glebe North, and now I'm back at Persibo and doing a lot better. Frankly not sure what I changed between the managerial spells, even used more or less the same tactic

I found it bizarrely easy in the transfer market to attract better players as an amateur team. However tactics-wise it's hard and I've had to pay very close attention to detail, and still haven't quite cracked how to make my team perform to its full potential.

I found it bizarrely easy in the transfer market to attract better players as an amateur team. However tactics-wise it's hard and I've had to pay very close attention to detail, and still haven't quite cracked how to make my team perform to its full potential.

see im struggling to attract better players when amateur but tactics wise im set

Started an oldham save and was corrupted was hoping to write my first update thread in here then restarted but now i reached 4th season and championship first year , not snapping youth like in previous versions is so sweet i just managed to "steal" 2 czech newgens

So question will be "appropiate" to start a thread already in the 4th season of a career update?:)

Newbie here -

Does the 2 season rule from the start of this thread still exist? I've just completed my first season on a save and like the idea of posting an update thread about how I'm going.

If it does, nobody's following it. Everyone posts from the start. Having said that though, it's advisable to make sure you're definitely happy with the save, because quite a few people seem to start career threads and then change their minds, and it's a bit of a pain if people have invested their time and interest in it and then it vanishes :thup:

So, has anyone gotten anything from the Steam autumn sale?

Still nothing I've wanted. Or at least, nothing I've wanted that's cheap. I fancy AoE3, but £30 for a 7 year old game? Don't make me laugh. If it was £10, i.e. a realistic price, and then they'd reduced the price by 75%, then I might be interested.

The thing that hacks me off about Steam sales is that it's always the same titles - a lot of the titles on sale, I've already bought in a previous one. And yet there are games I've got on my wishlist, that have never been on sale, or at least never more than 50% off.

If it does, nobody's following it. Everyone posts from the start. Having said that though, it's advisable to make sure you're definitely happy with the save, because quite a few people seem to start career threads and then change their minds, and it's a bit of a pain if people have invested their time and interest in it and then it vanishes :thup:

Ideal, I'll just do a round up of my first season to kick the thread off.

I'm enjoying the challenge of this save and do have an impressive ratio of finishing saves I start (if I do brag about it myself!)

I've still got a backlog from last year's Xmas sale, never mind the summer sale, so I think I'll be resisting for the most part. I might grab Torchlight 2 if it goes to 50% off or better. XCOM and Dishonored were the two recent releases I really wanted and I've already got them.

Like SnakeXe, I'm going to try to resist as much as it is possible to for this sale. I've got an embarrassing backlog of games to play from the last couple of sales! :o

GMG are sorely testing me today though. They have Dishonored for the ridiculous price of £14.99, which goes down to £11.25 with the voucher they provide. Game only came out a little while ago!

They also have XCOM Enemy Unknown for £22.49 plus you can use a 25% off voucher to bring it down to £16.87.

XCOM Enemy Unknown was definitely on my wishlist but I think I'm going to hold off for now while I still have a bunch of games to play through sitting in my library!

Newbie here -

Does the 2 season rule from the start of this thread still exist? I've just completed my first season on a save and like the idea of posting an update thread about how I'm going.

The rules quoted are outdated. A few rules were thrown togther when the forum started but we got rid of them as they weren't needed.

So it's funny because they're saying he's a fat bald man?

It made me laugh because it's just silly. They just picked some random guy. It's not even that he's bald or whatever. Just some random guy and I find the reactions in the photograph funny.

Also, there are so many rumours about what Etho looks like including that he has amazing golden locks! :D So it is kind of funny that they just found a random bald dude and pretended that they're being photographed with Etho, who is basically the most private of people and has said that he will never show his face on video.

It's probably not funny unless you watch the guys on Mindcrack server and know a bit about them all. I found it funny anyway but maybe Flamers and I are a bit weird. We watch too many Minecraft videos. :D

Archived