Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys, used to post quite regularly on this forum a couple of years ago but decided I'd come back, there are some really impressive career threads at the moment that I'm enjoying reading.

Do any of you use Twitter? Thought it'd be nice to follow a few other FMCU'ers. Mine's @toffenn.

Mines @acidburn81

Guys, I'm having trouble negotiating contracts with my staff (coaches, scouts, assistant manager etc.)

All of them are 'currently not interested in entering contract negotiations'. Every single one of them. That's like 9 different staff members of varying abilities.

I don't get it. Is this a bug? :(

Anyone else have this problem?

Guys, I'm having trouble negotiating contracts with my staff (coaches, scouts, assistant manager etc.)

All of them are 'currently not interested in entering contract negotiations'. Every single one of them. That's like 9 different staff members of varying abilities.

I don't get it. Is this a bug? :(

Anyone else have this problem?

Yup. But I can't afford to sign any external staff, so maybe that's the reason.

I have staff very often uninterested in renewing their contract with me. I think it's possibly a bug in the speed that their reputation grows. What's more annoying is not a single one of my retiring players has been willing to sign a contract as staff with me.

Yup. But I can't afford to sign any external staff, so maybe that's the reason.
I have staff very often uninterested in renewing their contract with me. I think it's possibly a bug in the speed that their reputation grows. What's more annoying is not a single one of my retiring players has been willing to sign a contract as staff with me.

Oh dear. Sounds like it needs reporting.

Looks like I'm going to have to replace 9 staff members in the summer. :mad::(

Favoured:

Ipswich

Barcelona

Verona

Milan

AIK

Aalesund

Panathanaikos

Never:

Norwich

Real Madrid

Chievo

To a lesser extent (not quite 'absolutely never', but highly unlikely):

Wigan

West Ham

Espanyol

plus arch-rivals from earlier in the career.

I was thinking that perhaps we should have an FM Sounds sticky thread? I always (when possible) listen to music when playing FM and, because I'm arrogant enough to think people care, I'd like to post up some choices so people can perhaps hear new stuff.

Plus there's always the friendly banter about people's tastes. Thoughts?

Favoured:

Newcastle

Santos

Verona

Crvena Zvezda

Dynamo Kyiv

Spartak Moscow

Real Oviedo (now I own part of them :D)

Bath City

Werder Bremen

Never:

Mackems

Smogs

Of course the likes of Merthyr and Messina have a special place in my heart after my careers with them, but I wouldn't go back.

Favoured:

Ingolstadt (great time there on FM12)

Dortmund (always wanted to manage them on FM12, never had an application accepted)

Port Talbot (left them far too early on FM12, I have unfinished business in Europe)

Never:

Liverpool

City (for both, I could never be happy at them succeeding, so it wouldn't make any sense)

Southampton (nothing against them, but had two saves now, coincidentally, as Southampton)

Thing is, early elections in the US were just as vicious.

Federalist supporters in 1800 were hiding their Bibles because they were told that Thomas Jefferson would confiscate them because of his support for the French Revolution.

Harpers Magazine described Abraham Lincoln as "Filthy story teller, despot, liar, theif, braggart, buffoon, usurper, monster, ignoramus Abe, old scoundrel, perjurer, swindler, tyrant, field-butcher, land-pirate.."

It says in the US constitution that it should be a land of no religion (or words to that effect). America makes no sense :(

Only in the sense that there won't be a state church (like the Church of England), and that people's practice of religion won't be prohibited.

Apparantly that 'no religion' culture changed during the Cold war, to provide a contrast with the 'godless' Soviet Union, presumably as a 'good vs evil' thing.

Yeah, the 1950s is when "under God" was added to the Pledge of Allegiance, the national motto was changed to "In God We Trust" and then put on the money. For those very reasons you suggested.

Yeah I've appealed and sent photos of my own.

The thing is, the warden is clearly trying to catch me because he/she thinks they can - they MUST have seen the permit because it was right underneath my tax disc, which they took details from. The warden could have photographed my car from an angle at which you couldn't see the permit, which he/she would have done if he/she's trying to get me.

The wardens around here are awful cretins anyway, they've given me and the missus 3 tickets in the past year now, only one of which was actually for a genuine parking violation (due to a non-activated visitor's permit), the other 2 have just been trying it on even though we've not done anything wrong.

Speaking to other people about it today they've done them in dubious circumstances as well. We managed to get the previous false decision overturned, but in that case they didn't have a photo of the car. Since they'll have a photo of the car this time, I don't know whether the onus is on me to prove my permit was there before I took my photos rather than just placing it there then taking the photos.

I suppose since I haven't seen their photo I couldn't second guess where to put it if there wasn't a permit there, but I don't know if that'll hold up in any appeals process. Either way, parking wardens :thdn: subhuman scum.

I suppose since I haven't seen their photo I couldn't second guess where to put it if there wasn't a permit there, but I don't know if that'll hold up in any appeals process. Either way, parking wardens :thdn: subhuman scum.

That was precisely my thought reading through it. Hopefully provided your photo is of good quality and you haven't moved the permit it should be fine.

Favoured:

Toronto FC

Guangdong Rizhiquan

Guangzhou Hengda

Real Oviedo (I'm part time owner too! 2 shares :lol:)

PSV

LA Galaxy

Zenit

Stuttgart

Old Earthquakes/Houston Dynamo

Never ever:

Montreal Impact

Shanghai Shenhui

Shandong Luneng

Ajax

Leverkusen

Chelsea

Real Madrid

Spartak Moscow

Derby

MK Dons

Favoured:

Porto

Marítimo

Ajax

Arsenal

Monaco

Auxerre

Barcelona

Valencia

Roma

Inter

Modena

Dortmund

Werder Bremen

Dynamo Kyiv

Shakhtar

Dinamo Zagreb

Disliked:

Benfica

Marseille

Real Madrid

Atlético Madrid

Man Utd

Lazio

Bayern Munich

Incidentally I've won very few Champions Leagues in FM but 1 was with Lazio another with Real Madrid. :o So am not allergic to managing teams I dislike but I definitely would prefer not to, as it's not as satisfying.

No I disable transfer deadline activity. It still takes AGES to process through the day, maybe more than a whole month of normal playing.

I do have a deadline day in my club despite being amateur as it's an editor file I made myself. Not sure if it's because it's a deadline day in my nation (Algeria) or everywhere else - 31 of January and 31 of August always takes a ridiculous time to process.

Archived