Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

Actually had a dream scene last night where I had FM13 and was starting up my save, including going for one of the clubs I'm thinking of starting with (though I won't make that decision until I'm selecting based on a few things).

Weirdo! ;)

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, GTA 5 will probably be released May 2013.

Typical, Rockstar say it's released on the consoles only. Which means PC gamers like myself have to wait. :(

I might have to book some time off work once the official date has been confirmed.

Anyone else doing Movember other than me and acidmonkey? Had to buy shaving foam today, haven't shaved clean in 3 years! Fortunately got given a razor and some blades for free at the uni Freshers' Fair.

I'm doing Movember with a few friends at school, not like I'll be able to grow anything...

It was a great one SRL88 - truly one of the best of all time!

My Bromley thread ended a bit prematurely in FM12, although it wasnt that I stopped playing (I reached to the year 2033 I believe), but more a lack of involvement in my thread.

Hopefully my Bromley save this year will generate some more readership :)

Currently I'm managing Mirandela in the Portuguese third tier, 2/3 of the way through the 2nd season. The 1st season was great with us finishing 2nd but with the way the league works we didn't get promotion. Now though, in the 2nd season I'm 23 points off top spot/promotion with only 11 games to go so my season is pretty much over (top side is unbeaten) and now I'm unsure of what to do. My managerial performance so far has only warranted a regional reputation so finding a new job would be hard.

1. Stay on with Mirandela till the end of the season, with the view to carry on next season? Despite knowing all staff and player contracts run out at the end of the season.

2. Stay on until the end of the season, then leaving the club?

3. Resign now and try and find a new job with minimal rep?

What to do? What to do?

Is anyone on here going out and getting it from Asda/Tesco tonight? Im working away tomorrow so it will be an early start and finnish so looks like I'll have to try my luck tonight if i want to be playing it anytime befre Sunday/Monday. Which also means about 4 hours sleep aswell!

Cheers for that B.W.G was gonna go Tesco 1st! Will try Asda then, hopefully they will be better with me after I was thrown out at 4AM for trying to buy balloons and party poppers for a house party!

Cheers for that B.W.G was gonna go Tesco 1st! Will try Asda then, hopefully they will be better with me after I was thrown out at 4AM for trying to buy balloons and party poppers for a house party!

You were having a house party for the release of FM? ;)

You were having a house party for the release of FM? ;)

haha never 'drink and manage' Ive found out a few times my decision making when under the influence of alcohol is quite poor at best on fm!

I'm taking the alternative approach, which is to head to bed and have the game updating whilst I cook a massive Full English tomorrow. Let that food sit there all day whilst I continue to crack on with FM. Happy playing everyone, and wave goodbye to those social lives!

Got the game. :cool:

You guys think it'll take much time for a few add-on leagues to be released? I want some African leagues (haven't decided yet - possibly something in the North like Tunisia, Morocco or Algeria; and Ghana maybe), New Zealand, and other random countries - thinking of Malta or Luxembourg for a minnow European nation, Costa Rica for CONCACAF fun times; and Iran for an awkward location and a good shot at winning the Asian CL.

LOL quality there. :cool:

I'm waiting for several add-leagues myself (mainly for Asia), but will probably wait a bit for my career here to start, as I want to try some CSE challenges first.

What makes me think that he licks windows?

Also, I've dug into the reputations at the start of the game. FWIW, here's a list all the top-flight leagues grouped by star-rating:

4-1/2 stars

England

Spain

4 stars

Germany

Italy

3-1/2 stars

France

Brazil

Portugal

Russia

3 stars

Turkey

Holland

Ukraine

Argentina

Mexico

Greece

Belgium

2-1/2 stars

USA

Scotland

Denmark

South Korea

Switzerland

Romania

Czech Republic

Austria

Chile

Israel

Poland

Serbia

Colombia

Croatia

Bulgaria

Slovakia

South Africa

Norway

Belarus

Uruguay

Sweden

2 stars

Slovenia

Peru

Hungary

Iceland

China

Australia

Finland

Republic of Ireland

1-1/2 stars

Northern Ireland

Indonesia

1 star

Wales

Hong Kong

Singapore

Malaysia

India

Am I the only for whom the game takes FOREVER to do its processing?

I'm at Jan. 30 and I swear I've been waiting on it at least 15 minutes since hitting "continue".

Maybe because of the end of the transfer window? Having run quickly so far, it took so long at the end of August that I thought it had stopped working altogether. While there's no BSN window, it's still processing stuff for everywhere else.

Maybe because of the end of the transfer window? Having run quickly so far, it took so long at the end of August that I thought it had stopped working altogether. While there's no BSN window, it's still processing stuff for everywhere else.

That might be a possibility.

Tried loading a new game with fewer leagues, so we'll how it goes.

Archived