Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

(I'm using advanced rules)

bugfixing question: I've got a database working fine where the top three  leagues all have basically the same exact format of a league with split. They all have the same dates for start end and the date of the split, but for some reason, my top division isn't scheduling games in the first month following the league split (I've used test competitions to confirm that the split is being processed when I expect it). This problem only occurs in the first season for whatever reason, and all the games do get played, it's just the next month is basically 3 games a week. I can't find any conflicts with other competitions' scheduling but I might not know how to do that effectively. Does anyone have any tips on figuring this out?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, CurnRaisin said:

Trying to get wages to be slightly lower in my custom league. Tried to turn "Weekly wage values" all the way down and it didn't make a noticeable difference. Is it just a matter of the teams have the money they will use the wages even if the players are not worth it.

Go into the nation itself and under "transfers and contracts"/"weekly wage values" you should be able to bring down the average they'll pay players of a certain reputation range

two questions :

One - In a custom league file, a number of my teams have board expectations/reqs "cannot sign non-south korean goalkeepers", I've looked up and down through advanced rules, at the competition level, and at the team level and find something to potentially remove this?

Two - I created a 10-tier custom database for Korea, but the bottom 4-tiers are a mixture of amateur and reserve teams. I need these leagues to *exist* but is there a way I can make them unplayable? So that taking the database and starting a new game you'd only have the option to manager at Tier 6 or above?

thanks

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Yes. Go to Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc\all

Add an lnc file there, or edit an existing one to do what you want. You can have a look at the existing ones to see how it's done, eg. "CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE"    899    "1. FC Nürnberg"

The number there 899 should be the unique ID number of the club you want to change. And the name, in this case 1. FC Nürnberg, should be what you want to change the name too.

Once you've saved a file with the change you want there load up the game and clear cache/reload skin and the name change should apply. Be aware that there are some teams this won't work for due to licencing reasons (those ones can only be changed in the pre-game editor), but most of the time it will work.

If I have a name fix installed, would I be able to just add my changes onto it?

28 minutes ago, mwebb said:

two questions :

One - In a custom league file, a number of my teams have board expectations/reqs "cannot sign non-south korean goalkeepers", I've looked up and down through advanced rules, at the competition level, and at the team level and find something to potentially remove this?

Two - I created a 10-tier custom database for Korea, but the bottom 4-tiers are a mixture of amateur and reserve teams. I need these leagues to *exist* but is there a way I can make them unplayable? So that taking the database and starting a new game you'd only have the option to manager at Tier 6 or above?

thanks

Sounds like a chairman personal objective? Or is it one of the military teams? Maybe it's hard-coded

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Sounds like a chairman personal objective? Or is it one of the military teams? Maybe it's hard-coded

after doing more testing, and there's a little left to do, it appears that any korean team (south or north) that plays in south korea are hardcoded to received "cannot sign non-SK/non-NK goalkeeper." it's a rule in the Hana K1 League, but I've just made a full pyramid based in SK with fresh new leagues, that rule not there, and every single time i load up a save up-and-down the pyramid everyone has one.

Still doing some more testing tomorrow, but damn.

Screenshot of taking a job and it being a Club Rule (as it is for every team on the pyramid in my testing so far.) Took charge to try and manually offer any other country and got stonewalled wouldn't even let me proceed to negotiation. image.png.6532604e8fe992631036d74f2ff4526e.png

14 minutes ago, mwebb said:

after doing more testing, and there's a little left to do, it appears that any korean team (south or north) that plays in south korea are hardcoded to received "cannot sign non-SK/non-NK goalkeeper." it's a rule in the Hana K1 League, but I've just made a full pyramid based in SK with fresh new leagues, that rule not there, and every single time i load up a save up-and-down the pyramid everyone has one.

Still doing some more testing tomorrow, but damn.

Screenshot of taking a job and it being a Club Rule (as it is for every team on the pyramid in my testing so far.) Took charge to try and manually offer any other country and got stonewalled wouldn't even let me proceed to negotiation.

Is it this?

Spoiler

foreigngks.thumb.png.b4f0ee245edec81a24b89b88a5d67208.png

In advanced rules under the nation itself, under transfers/transfer rules

10 hours ago, mwebb said:

two questions :

If it is not under chairman/board expectations in the editor (likely it is not) and not in the advanced rules, I am pretty sure this is hard-coded.

5 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

If it is not under chairman/board expectations in the editor (likely it is not) and not in the advanced rules, I am pretty sure this is hard-coded.

You can remove board expectations with the in-game editor. But if it's a national requirement, TMC has the answer.

Edited by phnompenhandy

Il y a 10 heures, themodelcitizen a dit :

Yes, by ticking view only. Take a look at French National 2.

9 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Is it this?

Hide contents

foreigngks.thumb.png.b4f0ee245edec81a24b89b88a5d67208.png

In advanced rules under the nation itself, under transfers/transfer rules

This is it - but when I look at the nation (South Korea's) transfer rules that position is blank. I even tested with adding it, setting the number to '-1' for no-limit, and despite it - all teams have non-south korean goalkeepers, or non-north korean goalkeepers (where I had moved them over)

I've also tested adding, and increasing the limit to 3, within particular league stages and nothing. A friend of mine moved the Costa Rican league over to SK, added a NK team to it, and it was still hardcoded for teams in Korea it appears. I'm going to try and set the pyramid up in NK to see if it's hardcoded there as well.

7 minutes ago, mwebb said:

This is it - but when I look at the nation (South Korea's) transfer rules that position is blank. I even tested with adding it, setting the number to '-1' for no-limit, and despite it - all teams have non-south korean goalkeepers, or non-north korean goalkeepers (where I had moved them over)

I've also tested adding, and increasing the limit to 3, within particular league stages and nothing. A friend of mine moved the Costa Rican league over to SK, added a NK team to it, and it was still hardcoded for teams in Korea it appears. I'm going to try and set the pyramid up in NK to see if it's hardcoded there as well.

Follow up - immediately after moving the pyramid to North Korea, it's gone for every team. South Korea is hardcoded with the goalkeeper rule.

28 minutes ago, mwebb said:

Follow up - immediately after moving the pyramid to North Korea, it's gone for every team. South Korea is hardcoded with the goalkeeper rule.

Is it the one under "fixture rules"? I can see under the default rules_0 and rules_1 there's a rule for no foreign goalkeeper. Or did you take that out too?

That's crazy if so, weird hard-coding to reinforce the IRL rule I guess. It's not a S.Korean/N.Korean goalkeeper rule, it's just a "foreign rule" so wherever they have their club/stadium (can't remember which matters) will dictate which applies to them.

This is an aside but have you tried unifying the peninsula? All my projects like that in FM23 failed because whatever I put into the old North Korea would glitch, and I couldn't be bothered taking the steps to remove a national team

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Is it the one under "fixture rules"? I can see under the default rules_0 and rules_1 there's a rule for no foreign goalkeeper. Or did you take that out too?

That's crazy if so, weird hard-coding to reinforce the IRL rule I guess. It's not a S.Korean/N.Korean goalkeeper rule, it's just a "foreign rule" so wherever they have their club/stadium (can't remember which matters) will dictate which applies to them.

This is an aside but have you tried unifying the peninsula? All my projects like that in FM23 failed because whatever I put into the old North Korea would glitch, and I couldn't be bothered taking the steps to remove a national team

haven't tried to unify, bc frankly I've got no idea what that would entail. half my testing rn is figuring out how the hell i can stop breaking the Asian Champions League after the first few years after moving every team one way or the other (even if continental cup nation is left unchanged)

and yes and no to your question, I didn't take it out bc I created a new league whole cloth and that rule wasn't in it. when with the old HANA k1 league extinct it was still pinging that hardcode

Are the fixture rules still there? Do you have a new set for your new competition rules?

Wonder what's happening with the ACL. Check the default K-League rules in "other league stage rules"/"continental cup rules", it probably tells it to qualify teams in a certain way that you're not accounting for now. Try copying and paste those into your new rules and just change the details to your new set-up

I've tried googling every which way and all I can seem to find it how to *unlock* unplayable leagues, but the youth pyramid I structured in my database - that includes my U23 and U18s - is showing up as playable no matter what I do. I've 'ticked' View Only (advanced rules, league -> General -> View Only) and had no success, I've seen in one youtube video that the teams should be added under the 'Reserve Teams' portion in the database, but that's greyed out and I'm unable to add.

These leagues are combination U23 or U18s, with semi-pro University and High School Teams, so I do have it set to Domestic Division as type. I tried Domestic Other Division, no dice there either.

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Are the fixture rules still there? Do you have a new set for your new competition rules?

Wonder what's happening with the ACL. Check the default K-League rules in "other league stage rules"/"continental cup rules", it probably tells it to qualify teams in a certain way that you're not accounting for now. Try copying and paste those into your new rules and just change the details to your new set-up

lol, pouring over every in-game league or cup for South Korea yields only One call-out for a Continental Cup bid, the Korean FA Cup, only the winner. Despite that in year one I think there are two or three teams from South Korea in the ACL qualified XD

25 minutes ago, mwebb said:

lol, pouring over every in-game league or cup for South Korea yields only One call-out for a Continental Cup bid, the Korean FA Cup, only the winner. Despite that in year one I think there are two or three teams from South Korea in the ACL qualified XD

Continental cup qualification is usually defined in continental rules, not national rules. The FA Cup one is probably just to set that as higher priority (as opposed to Europe where it qualifies teams for the 2nd tier competition instead). It will be the continental rules that say the x highest teams in the South Korean league.

That's probably your issue too, it's still looking for the best teams in the North Korean league, and the North Korean FA Cup winner. If you've moved all the North Korean teams to SK leagues then there are no teams for it to find. Having their continental cup nation set to NK just prevents them from qualifying from SK competitions.

I've been setting up a large edit where I have a North American Premier through 6th division based in the US, a South American Premier through 3rd division based out of Brazil, a Northern Europe Premier through 4th division based in England, a Southern Europe Premier through 4th division based out of Spain, an African Premier through 3rd division based out of Seychelles and an APAC Premier through 3rd division based out of China. The top 8 teams from the Northern and South Premier Leagues and top 4 from the North American, South American, APAC and African Premier leagues go into a World Champions League with group stages and knock out rounds. North and South American teams go into an FA Cup like competition, Northern and Southern Europe teams go into their own and Africa and APAC combine for their own. I'm giving this background to ask the following: 

I am trying to test it to see if I have ruled correct. The testing feature is giving me errors for leagues I do not give any craps about and will not even use or load in my save. When I fix the error, re-save and re-test, it is undoing the change and giving me the same error. For example, it is telling me the Malaysian league doesn't have any rules for a 13 team league. I do not care about the Malaysian league, but I add a 14th anyway. I save and re-test and it tells me the same error. I go look and it's back to 13.

When I do a test and look at the "add/remove leagues" section, it is testing for Bulgaria, Gibraltar, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Latvia, Malaysia, N. Ireland, Poland, Singapore, Wales. None of these leagues I care about whatsoever and I will most likely not load data from any of them. It will not let me remove these leagues from testing. When I add the correct leagues above the test button, it ignores it and still tests the nations previously listed. What do I need to do to fix the situation as I have spent a lot of time trying to get all of these leagues organized with in depth rules and qualifying? I feel like I'm at an impasse. I'd greatly appreciate anyone's input/help as this is only my 2nd year using the editor so I'm relatively new with it. 

Hi

Though i get the complicated situation of Paul Pogba I noticed that he is available in game (but without club history) yet he's to be not found in editor. How so?

Edited by Tofu2g4

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to add a qualification route for teams outside of Europe to qualify for the UEFA champions league and other UEFA competitions. Specifically the J-League.

How would I go about doing this in the pre-game editor?

For those adding new custom players in this edition - How does the bug with the regens taking real player ID's affect the custom players? 

I want to start working on my fantasy league for this edition but I'm scared it will be for nothing if there's a bug meddling with player IDs. I don't want to manually re-config the faces to the IDs again

Em 07/11/2023 em 00:55, themodelcitizen disse:

You can achieve the first by using "results from other stage" or whatever it is, and it should take cup results into the league (cup stage should be "set up" before the league in this case). Look at MLS for that too, I think they have results from the "group" stage going into the single-table stage. You can look at how they award the Supporters' Shield and MLS Cup and use that for the trophy thing too

everytime i use the results form other stage the game simply doenst count anything, i cant get to use this

Im currently mid way through a save and want to add a little spice to my league. I want to add a tv deal using the in game editor. can anyone explain to me how and what each of the functions are on the finances section? things like what the value means as in spread out through the start and end years, what the renew income and fixed value functions mean. 

1 hour ago, newsuzanoebok said:

everytime i use the results form other stage the game simply doenst count anything, i cant get to use this

I think you need to use "process into stage" under the league settings of the hidden stage this year as well

Or wait it's a cup stage? Try that "take stage results into other stage" setting under "stage actions" or wherever it is too

Edited by themodelcitizen

I have created an NCAA database, currently have all the divisions set up as subdivision under a parent competition. I have 14 teams in each subdivision playing each team twice for 26 games. Is there a was to play 6/8/10 games against random teams from other subdivisions? Not precious about specific teams playing other specific teams, just want it to be random each year

I know when teams are in groups you can adjust the fixture plan to play other teams from different groups, is there an option for other subdivisons?

Also, is there a way to have an overall league table to show the rankings of the 140 teams?

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 08.58.59.png

Edited by oJMPx

1 hour ago, Luke Cro said:

@Wolf_pd or somebody else little help here,

In Champions League, Is it possible to allocate qualification places differently per nation?? E.g. 3 places instead of 4 places for major nations??

It is, with a rebuild or unless you keep things regularly and really start punishing the big nations in an 'unnatural way' which also would impact your save obviously.

10 hours ago, oJMPx said:

I have created an NCAA database, currently have all the divisions set up as subdivision under a parent competition. I have 14 teams in each subdivision playing each team twice for 26 games. Is there a was to play 6/8/10 games against random teams from other subdivisions? Not precious about specific teams playing other specific teams, just want it to be random each year

I know when teams are in groups you can adjust the fixture plan to play other teams from different groups, is there an option for other subdivisons?

Also, is there a way to have an overall league table to show the rankings of the 140 teams?

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 08.58.59.png

If you have FM18, check this. This might help you out. There are several of these NCAA edits that have a setup where not all your games are in your division.

Another option would be to look at the Brazilian state championships.

Em 15/11/2023 em 17:06, themodelcitizen disse:

I think you need to use "process into stage" under the league settings of the hidden stage this year as well

Or wait it's a cup stage? Try that "take stage results into other stage" setting under "stage actions" or wherever it is too

tried all of this, the league tamble simply doesnt count the cup rounds as points, it appears the games number (lets say if a team reach final it appears 5 games, the team eliminated first round appears 1 game), but the points it doenst count

7 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

TV types - national, satellite, Pay Per View - which gives the highest amount of cash per game? Is this tied to the amounts you enter under "money", and/or related to the reputation of the competition?

Yeah, should be directly linked to what you put in Money. I don't think you'd get anything otherwise, regardless of TV type chosen. Just lets you set up a few different options, I like to set big matches to satellite and shared around matches to national and stuff like that.

Realistically satellite would par more per game than national. Not sure if you're familiar with UK TV, but satellite would be stuff like Sky (one of the reasons the EPL is so wealthy!) while national would be BBC or Channel 5 etc. Pay per view could arguably be the highest, but it almost never being used for football makes that questionable.

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Yeah, should be directly linked to what you put in Money. I don't think you'd get anything otherwise, regardless of TV type chosen. Just lets you set up a few different options, I like to set big matches to satellite and shared around matches to national and stuff like that.

Realistically satellite would par more per game than national. Not sure if you're familiar with UK TV, but satellite would be stuff like Sky (one of the reasons the EPL is so wealthy!) while national would be BBC or Channel 5 etc. Pay per view could arguably be the highest, but it almost never being used for football makes that questionable.

They seem to give between 10K to 20K per game without anything put in "money", I wonder if that's dynamic and based on rep though. Probably not

In the editor, I am getting an Application Error and crash whenever I try to test my db. I have adden Nation Rules for England and done a lot with the English leagues. I was able to test with no issue a few hours ago but when I loaded back up I am now always getting the error. I have tried loading previous db files that I was previously able to test, but even those are now crashing the editor. I have also tried running a test for a Nation which I haven't touched at all, and still when I click Create New Test it crashes.

Where can I get help with reading the crash dump files?

crash.png

Editor 2024 v24.1.1.1922460 (2023.11.18 00.44.10).dmp

So, I've created a couple of very simple DBs and I've found that when I use them, I cannot choose the country which league system I have changed to set a start date for the save. Essentially, this means I cannot tick any other country because that would use them to set the date and make me unable to choose a team from my preferred country (no idea why they decided to go with that frankly braindead idea of only being able to pilot clubs from a country you use to set the date) - why is that?

Or rather, do you know of a way to get around this? Because I'd like to get at least SOME other leagues in.
And help is much appreciated!

Below is my most recent DB that came up with this issue.

My PROPER fictional Austrian DB.fmf

Edited by MRC
updated