Round of 16: Croatia vs Portugal - feat. everyone hating Ronaldo

Rebs

Match thread:

[h=2]Croatia v Portugal line-ups[/h]Croatia: Subasic, Srna, Corluka, Vida, Strinic, Modric, Badelj, Brozovic, Rakitic, Perisic, Mandzukic.

Subs: Vargic, Vrsaljko, Jedvaj, Kovacic, Kramaric, Schildenfeld, Rog, Nikola Kalinic, Coric, Pjaca, Cop, Lovre Kalinic.

Portugal: Rui Patricio, Cedric, Pepe, Fonte, Guerreiro, Joao Mario, Adrien Silva, William Carvalho, Andre Gomes, Nani, Ronaldo.

Subs: Lopes, Bruno Alves, Carvalho, Joao Moutinho, Eder, Vieirinha, Danilo Pereira, Renato Sanches, Rafa, Eliseu, Quaresma, Eduardo.

Referee: Carlos Velasco Carballo (Spain)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this match :). Personally would like to see Croatia win this, not because I hate Ronaldo in any way, amazing player and much respect for him, but I really like this Croatian side. The midfield they have is quality. Hope that their fans won't do anything crazy tonight.

Are Croatia probably favourites for this with the bookies? Would be strange considering Ronaldo is against them being the 1st/2nd whatever best player in the world etc etc.

Portugal were favourites but not sure why it would be strange considering they've been the best team in the tournament so far.

Portugal were favourites but not sure why it would be strange considering they've been the best team in the tournament so far.
I think usually most bookies would put Portugal as favourites ahead of Croatia normally, even with the way teams have played this tournament.

I think usually most bookies would put Portugal as favourites ahead of Croatia normally, even with the way teams have played this tournament.

That may be so but it still wouldn't be strange to have Croatia favourites

That may be so but it still wouldn't be strange to have Croatia favourites
Yeah, I'd have Croatia favourites, just wondered if any bookies did...they usually go for the hype teams/players etc. Thought that was clear when I posted the query :)

One of my least favorite referees and several of my least favorite players on the same pitch. Not sure why I'm even watching. Hoping for some magic from some of the players I actually do like I guess. Have a feeling it'll be decided on penalties though, but not the kind you get after 120 minutes.

Even when Ronaldo retires, Portugal have an exciting group of young players emerging. Carvalho 24, Cedric 24, Joao Mario 23, Guerriero 22, Andre Gomes 22, Renato Sanches, 18, Rafa Silva 23 then there are the likes of Neves, Bernardo Silva and Guedes who are not in the squad. I assume Silva was injured right?

I was looking forward to the football today...now I hate football :(

Usually after a **** day you get a good day. Naturally today is the day I watched all 3 so girlfriend is insisting we do something else tomorrow. Look forward to 3-3 classics in all matches.

Archived