Your top 3 favorite players (FM08)

I've not actually played all that many save games in FM08 so I've managed Werder Bremen, Fiorentina and Hibernian mostly. From those I would probably have to cheat and pick 4 players in order to cover all 3 teams:

Rok Kronaveter - quickly became a favourite at Hibernian

Gianpaolo Pazzini - love seeing him score lots of goals for Fiorentina - makes up for us being generally naff

Diego and Juan Roman Riquelme - Couldn't possibly pick one without the other. They went together like Stawberries and Cream in my title winning Werder Bremen side who used a tactic that revolved entirely around the use of 2 creative midfielders and I adored watching the pair of them play.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stevie gerrard - even at the age of 33 was getting more assists than games and at least 20 goals a season AND world player of the year. even better on my short term save with my friend. goal after goal after goal!

aguero - god btw! scores wherever basically when he wants...

sakho - absolute rock and scores without corner cheat!

I have played three long term games in FM 08 and would list 3 for each game.

Palermo:

3) Franco Brienza : superb AMC and always got a goal whenever brought on as a sub. Top scorer in my second season.

2) Edison Cavani: 4 30+ goal seasons in a row. nuff said.

1) Matias Fernandez: Assists God and my top scorer 3 times in a row. Eclipsed Cavani from the AMC position.

Special mention: Andrea Barzagli. Solid CB and best captain I ever had.

Newcastle:

3) Said Rimi: Regen. Moroccon left-back. Superb stats. first team at age of 19.

2) dmitri Durand: Regen. CB. Amazing stats and consistent performances. simply amazing.

1) Michael Owen: GOD. you get a goal every game from him. blasted six past a hapless Liverpool defence once. At 33 still going strong.

special mention: Andy Carroll. the new Owen.

Arsenal:

3) Lloris: first time ever bought him and consistent performances every single time.

2) Bendtner: Best young TM ever. Got 50+ goals in his second season after rotation with Adebayor.

1) Van Persie: GOD!!! Plentiful assists and goals. will never ever sell him.

From my last game which was with Peterborough in League 2:

3 - Charlie Lee, very realiable

2- Seyfo Soley (THink thats the spelling) again reliable

1 - Alex Fernandez, scores loads in League 2 and 1 and would be useful in the Championship

1. Rafael Sobis- Signed him for £15,000,000 for Man city as a playmaker but has scored 87 goals in 147 games and is a worldwide player.

2. Fernando Torres- My goal getter at Liverpool. Would like to combine him and Sobis but can't afford Sobis.

3. Vedran Corluka- Amazing at the back

1. Alexandr Prudnikov (russian ST) insanely good, so far in the league in 2016/17 season has scored 37 goals in 24 games i think, phenominal.

2. Breno (been regular starting CB since the january of first season for my sunderland, this was started pre patch as was prudnikov on same save)

3. Dos Santos, he destroyed my assists record with over 30 assists in a season plus he scored about 15 goals himself.

not quite in the list but also worth mentions, Fabregas (not quite in list based on price if your not arsenal), Felipe (simply didnt have enough time with him as i signed hi mwhen he was 29) and Oscar Ustari (hes reliable having been my number 1 for 5 consecutive prem titles and within that 2 champions leagues but hardly the best keeper ever)

(1) Mamadou Sakho- The best CB on the game by a country mile.

(2) A.Troare (Arsenal LB)- Signed him for Liverpool and never had one bad game for me.

(3) Kevin Doyle- A underated superstar in my eyes- averaged a goal everyother game when i bought him for Newcastle as cover for Owen and Martins....wasnt long before he was my main man....

1. Matias Fernandez - The best player I have ever signed for my Man Utd team, always reliable and chips in with 15-20 goals a season along with 30 assists

2. Mamadou Sakho - He becomes the best CB in the game after a few season's and rarely has a bad game, he is the perfect CB for me.

3. Hugo Lloris - Never lets me down, I am always confident in a 1-1 situation that he will come out on top, the best keeper I have ever had in FM08 by a mile.

1. Aquino - signed for 650k 1st season with q.p.r, played him reguarly, done well, gave him a run up front in a 4 2 3 1 , scored 42, and so far on 13 in 9 this year. amazing.

2. jimmy bullard - signed him on a free at q.p.r after 2nd season promotion (this is before the patch so we had no money) average rating after 41 games of 7.88

3. franciso ochoa (mexican keeper) - spent an enitre seasons budget of 18 million on him 5 years into game, seriously the difference between mid to bottom table and top 8 with fa cup and league cup to boot...seriously amazing.

For my Newcastle side

1) Obafemi Martins. Horribly inconsistent, but always able to surprise you with a fantastic performance (all four goals in a 4-1 win over Sunderland, for example)

2) Samba the DC from Blackburn. 25 goals in a season -- what can I say?

3) Javi Martinez. Sit back and watch as he spanks in 20 goals a season from midfield.

1) Jimmy Briand - an immense striker whom I purchased in my second season as spurs boss. he broke the spurs goal scoring record and scored 30+ every year even in injury hit seasons. Some hhow only got 2 French caps though despite being the best player in the world at 1 stage.

2) Marouane Chamkh - brought in to partner Briand in my 4th season at spurs. After a slow 1st season he soon began banging in the goals and stepped up whenever Briand was injured. These to got over 85 goals in one season together. Immense.

3) Micah Richards - cost a bomb but easily the most solid player I ever had.

I have had lots of other players but they may not be real so whats the point of naming them!

Top clubs:

1. Sergio Aguero - goals goals and great performances always!

2. Micah Richards - never mucks up and lasts you years.

3. Hugo Lloris - favourite keeper on the game without a doubt.

Lower League Clubs:

1. Seyfo Soley = AWESOME!

2. Sabrin Sburlea - great player can be signed in league 2 but can make a quality premiership player too.

3. Nicklas Mazzola - can become the best striker in the world and will sign in the conference!

1. Bojan, had him for 10 years, easily the best striker on the game, also in 8 years he became Tottenham's all time top goal scorer, Legend

2. Diego Buonanotte, had him for 10 years also, bought for 150k, now worth 20m, immensely consistent, always gets goals, always assists, Genius

3. Miguel Veloso, had him for 9 years, the best defensive midfielder i've ever managed, scores cracking long range shots, beautiful free kicks, and the passes are just insane, No better DM

im going to be very contreversial here but this is just from personal experience

1. Ronaldo (brazilian). picked him up for free for my roma team on weegie update, when he has the ball at his feet inside the area he never misses, scored 26 goals in first season to win roma serie a (altough his stats do drop drastically 2nd season) but him and totti more or less won me serie a on there own

2. Nihat. has a minimum release clause of about 13 mil on weegie update and is worth every penny, played him on the right wing foir my arsenal team and he got 15+ goals and 10+assists gaurenteed each season, very consistent peformer.

3. fernandez. seen his name alot here and 100% agree with everyone, for some very strange reason falls out of favour at villareal and can usually get him for about 10 mil in the first january transfer window, stat go up quickly, very consistent which must leave villareal kicking themselfs for seling him

Jose Ribiero (Regen) - I chased this guy for about 5 years in my Liverpool game. He also seemed to play fantastic against me when he was playing for Juventus and then Chelsea. I eventually signed him at the age of about 26 and he stayed in the first team right through till the twighlight of his career on the left hand side.

Sankhare - I really think this guy is the best DM in the game after a few seasons training. Unbelievable player. love him.

Farfan - Quality player, used as back up for my Liverpool team and never complained. Mind you he did start atleast 20 games a season right through untill he left about 8 years into the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Jamie Ward (of Macclesfield)

was my captain and one of my top scorers with 11 goals in PL with gillingham

Kieran McKenna (of Tottenham) my longest serving player with gillingham

David Martin (of Liverpool) 2nd longest serving player with gillingham but left the club for 2 years

1.greame dorrans signed him for 325k for plymouth in 2012 he went on to score 51 goals in as season in our online game lifting me up to the champoinship.

2.zizi roberts best lower league free be ever imo..always scored 30 a season and always gave 100 per cent

3..alex fernandez(aljandro sanchez fernandez) quality player in last 4 fm simply the best finisher of a footballer

<1> Benzema - Easily the best all round striker in the game. Has scored so much goals for me!

<2> Barzagli - Scored lots of headers for me and kep alot of goals out, great centre back

<3> Bale - Effective as hell left back, and can play all up the wing perfectly

1. Stancu - Became lengendary at Crewe not my favourite on many saves but on the Crewe one he has scored over 250 goals and is still going strong at 31 never complains perfect player to manage.

2. Tales - Best value for money AMC on the game averaged over an 8 for an entire season the most complete AMC I have ever had.

3. Veloso - Captain of my Sunderland side and the best DM on the game no one touches him, great leader, great stats and a great player.

Andrea Russotto - 94 league goals in 4 seasons

Matthew Spiranovic - Got me out of league one & is good enough to play in the prem.

Preston Edwards - 35k purchase and 4 FA cup wins.....

stevie gerrard - even at the age of 33 was getting more assists than games and at least 20 goals a season AND world player of the year. even better on my short term save with my friend. goal after goal after goal!

aguero - god btw! scores wherever basically when he wants...

sakho - absolute rock and scores without corner cheat!

GOD? ok we all know augero is good but does he actually deserve the title given to a certain

ROBBIE FOWLER!?

I don't have a top three but my favourite is:

Rafael Van der Vaart - Plays amazing almost every game for the teams I have signed him for, scores lots and creates opportunities. Almost like the player Frank Lampard is at chelsea.

Well, I have only completed 1 season with my current Gillingham game, but:

1. Gaz Mulligan - top scorer for me in 07-08, currently the only permanent player valued over 1 mil.

2. Ivan Campo - signed for Championship campaign, highly consistent in DM position

3. Kieran Lee - class act. signed on loan for 07/08 season. currently trying to get him again for 08/09

Tied 3. Lewwis Spence - signed on loan from parent club Palace in 07/08. Key player on the left, set up and scored many goals for my team. Gelled well with Moses before Moses' injury forced him to return to Palace. Signed Spence permanantly for 08/09 season, and he is 3rd choice captain behind Lomas (vc) and Croft ©.

Moussa Dembélé - Bought for £4.5m and now worth £16m, probably my best ever signing. He has an average rating of 7.24 and has scored over 20 goals for me in the past two seasons, the guys a beast ! The amount of assists he gets is useful as well. How he scores so many I will never know as his finishing is only 13 and composure 15, must be luck huh ? ;)

Archived