Football Manager Classic 2015 for Android/iOS OUT NOW!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know its compatible. just wanted to know how fm would run. Its 32gb version.

Of that, I have no idea.

I'd like to assume that by deeming the device compatible, that it is regarded as running at an acceptable speed. Until you see feedback from other users with that same device, it's not possible to be sure.

Just wanted to say that I'm interested in trying it out, don't have a compatible device at the moment, so I'll be curious to see how other people like it.

I still play FM14, I don't have much time to go through a season in a few days, so I didn't buy FM15. Wasn't really enamored with FMH, so this is really appealing to me. I can only play standard FM at home, so being able to play a game with more features on a tablet on my lunch break sounds really good.

Just wanted to say that I'm interested in trying it out, don't have a compatible device at the moment, so I'll be curious to see how other people like it.

I still play FM14, I don't have much time to go through a season in a few days, so I didn't buy FM15. Wasn't really enamored with FMH, so this is really appealing to me. I can only play standard FM at home, so being able to play a game with more features on a tablet on my lunch break sounds really good.

I bought fm 15 but played it once. With work i just don't get the time. Im same as you where if i got it would be to play at break time.

Awesome news. I don't have a tablet right now but have been considering buying one. Being able to play FMC on it might the deciding factor.

I have been thinking about replacing my windows tablet, this has made my mind up for me, can't wait for it to arrive now :)

• Administrators

We are live now on Google and iOS in the UK. Other relevant country stores that do not have it yet should see it soon. For any feedback about the game once you've downloaded it and played it, please raise that here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/424521-Official-Football-Manager-Classic-Tablet-2015-Feedback-Thread

Thanks

Anyone know how strict the device compatabilities are? In sure my Z3 compact phone has the hardware to run it looks, and is running Android 4.4, but it's not listed as a compatible device. I think Google 's refund service is only 15 mins so not enough time to download and try it!

• Administrators
Anyone know how strict the device compatabilities are? In sure my Z3 compact phone has the hardware to run it looks, and is running Android 4.4, but it's not listed as a compatible device. I think Google 's refund service is only 15 mins so not enough time to download and try it!
It's tablet only, phones are not at all supported.

• Administrators
Is the problem of not being able to select a profile picture in the new manager set up screen a known issue?
please post the issue in the bugs forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/473-FMC-Tablet-Issues - Thank you.

First of all, I haven't really played the game on my iPad yet, but just seeing it on there as a FMC fan is brilliant. I'm someone who has been playing FMC only since it came out due to time restrictions, etc. and recently I've been playing on FMH more often due to it being easier to access on my iPad but it's no where near as good as FMC in my opinion. So to see FMC available on iPads is fantastic!

It's just a shame that custom graphics cannot be added... a real shame I think.

From now on I would imagine that I'll be only purchasing the new updated FMC on iOS instead of the full PC version and FMH.

Really happy it's finally out for tablet, I don't know why people are moaning about the price, yes it's expensive and a new version will probably be available around the same time as fm16 pc version in October or November but so what, if you don't like it wait for fmc16.

Now a couple of questions, I own a nexus 7 2nd gen and a hudl 2, both are better spec than some of the tablets currently supported, are they likely to be supported in the near future? And secondly can we change the lnc or edt files on tablet ;)?

• Administrators
Will they eventually bring this to the Samsung Tab 4 ? Gutted its not available on my tab.
See here for supported tablets and what's coming soon: http://www.footballmanager.com/content/what-devices-are-compatible-fmc15
Any reason? Don't see why full match shouldn't be an option if the match engine is the same as the PC version?
There are technical limitations to being able to watch the full 90 minutes.
Really happy it's finally out for tablet, I don't know why people are moaning about the price, yes it's expensive and a new version will probably be available around the same time as fm16 pc version in October or November but so what, if you don't like it wait for fmc16.Now a couple of questions, I own a nexus 7 2nd gen and a hudl 2, both are better spec than some of the tablets currently supported, are they likely to be supported in the near future? And secondly can we change the lnc or edt files on tablet ;)?
its not just "specs" whether a game can run on tablet, there is physical screen space as well. Nexus 7 is too small unfortunately, there's no plans at the moment to support smaller devices or smartphones. As for licensing files no you can't.

Thanks for your reply about phone support.

There are technical limitations to being able to watch the full 90 minutes.

On an unrelated note, this quote is a little worrying, because surely if the full 90 can be simulated then it can be displayed. This suggests to me that FMC 2015 matches are not generated as a continuous process but a series of highlights thrown together by the match engine based on a number of match variables.

I don't ever watch any of my matches over 90 mins, but there is a big difference between a continuous game of which we can see highlights and a series of artificially generated events. Can we be sure that we are getting the full match even if we can't see it? Otherwise it looks very artificial.

Hello.

Is there any possibility to change in-game language (for example from Russian) to original English?? Please tell me how.

Translation is very poor, and its better to play in English.

Sony Xperia Z3 tablet compact. :p

• Administrators
Thanks for your reply about phone support.

On an unrelated note, this quote is a little worrying, because surely if the full 90 can be simulated then it can be displayed. This suggests to me that FMC 2015 matches are not generated as a continuous process but a series of highlights thrown together by the match engine based on a number of match variables.

I don't ever watch any of my matches over 90 mins, but there is a big difference between a continuous game of which we can see highlights and a series of artificially generated events. Can we be sure that we are getting the full match even if we can't see it? Otherwise it looks very artificial.

Yes it is the same match full engine as on PC.

• SI Staff
How to you use a Magic Sponge that you purchased?

You have to save the game after you purchase the magic sponge. Then go to the injured players profile and in the top right will be a menu titled "more actions.." in there will be the option to apply magic sponge. Hope this helps.

My main gripe is that it only runs on iPad air. I have iPad 4 which isn't much different in spec and am not compatible. Tbh if I was looking to upgrade my tablet I would most likely buy Surface Pro 3 which can run the full game anyway so it kinda means I will never buy this new version.

Good idea and something I've wanted for years but it's way to limited in compatibility to be a big seller imo

If u make it compatible with iPad 4 im in...

My main gripe is that it only runs on iPad air. I have iPad 4 which isn't much different in spec and am not compatible. Tbh if I was looking to upgrade my tablet I would most likely buy Surface Pro 3 which can run the full game anyway so it kinda means I will never buy this new version.

Good idea and something I've wanted for years but it's way to limited in compatibility to be a big seller imo

If u make it compatible with iPad 4 im in...

I have an iPad Air, and there is a slight lag on every screen. Not enough to be game breaking, but still. So I can't see it performing on an iPad 4...

Hello.

Is there any possibility to change in-game language to original English?? Please tell me how.

Translation is very poor, and its better to play in English.

Sony Xperia Z3 tablet compact. :p

Nobody knows how to switch language?

Nobody knows how to switch language?

FMC boots in the same language as your system.

To change the game language, go into the game's preferences, and tap "Reset to Default".

Then close the game fully and change the language on your system, then boot the game again.

If you want to keep your system in the same language you have now, see this post: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/424521-Official-Football-Manager-Classic-Tablet-2015-Feedback-Thread?p=10270897&viewfull=1#post10270897

THRILLED that the 3D match engine will be on iPad now.

Two questions:

1) My only hesitation is about the lack of full 90 minute match viewing. What level of highlights can we watch?

2) Is this the same 3D match engine in FM15 with the motion capture stuff? (I didn't purchase FM15 this year so I'm curious to see the new motion capture imagery)

Thanks!

• Administrators

Two questions:

1) My only hesitation is about the lack of full 90 minute match viewing. What level of highlights can we watch?

Comprehensive, Extended, Key, None (Commentary mode).

2) Is this the same 3D match engine in FM15 with the motion capture stuff? (I didn't purchase FM15 this year so I'm curious to see the new motion capture imagery)

Thanks!

Yes it is the same match engine.

• SI Staff
I don´t understand why the game runs on asus memo pad 8 and doesn´t work on asus memo pad 7... If both tablets have the same specifications.

Please tell me why

7 inch screen isn't big enough for the game I'm afraid.

See here for supported tablets and what's coming soon: http://www.footballmanager.com/content/what-devices-are-compatible-fmc15 There are technical limitations to being able to watch the full 90 minutes. its not just "specs" whether a game can run on tablet, there is physical screen space as well. Nexus 7 is too small unfortunately, there's no plans at the moment to support smaller devices or smartphones. As for licensing files no you can't.

I can't believe I'm reading this! I really can't! I've been waiting for years to give you my money for a true handheld version and your answer to people that have 7-inch tablets is *that*?

I can play the FULL FM15 on my Nexus 7 with no problems!!! At the full 1900x1200 resolution of the tablet. Sure it doesn't work if I'm far away from the tablet, but I'm never far away from it, it's absolutely playable. And I played FM14 in my tablet as well in a smaller resolution, and it still was very much playable!! I always streamed the game from my PC to my tablet, and let me put this on a single line,

I KNOW this game would work wonders on the newest Nexus 7.

FM FULL 15 LOOKS JUST FINE, right now, as in that it's easy to read, move around, and see a lot of information on screen, and it wasn't specifically built for tablets!!

I don't want to be harsh to the development team because you guys have put out incredible games in the past and gave me way too much fun, but I really have to because that's such a poor answer to all of us that own 7-inch tablets. Namely the Nexus 7 (2013).

You guys either can't justify putting in the money for 7-inchers for some reason that's behind the scenes or you really have no idea how phones/tablets function. And it's obviously not the latter, since you develop software for them. You know very well, and if you don't you should, that screen size is not the single determining factor when looking at a screen. Screen resolution is just as important. There's no reason whatsoever you should leave out the Nexus 7 (2013). If screen size is an issue you already have a solution, that's to present more or less panels according to screen size, instead of screen resolution like you already do on PC.

I really have to doubt your answer and I'm thoroughly disappointed. You're missing out on an entire market and more profits, and I have one brutal tablet that is enough to play (even if not as rapidly as on PC using a mouse) the full FM15 already. So I can't believe that you couldn't make it work on 7-inchers.

There's a Classic version on Vita, a 5-incher with 960x540 resolution. I mean... Yeah. *rolls eyes*

Sorry for the rant but when reading your post I expected an honest answer not just an answer that might fly with most of your customers but not with me - I just deal with these devices for a living on a daily basis, and that justification will never fly with me. I'm just expressing myself here, showing my anger yeah, but keep in mind that the reason I'm angry is because of the standard you've set. You've done a lot of right things over the years, you have an incredible game and simulation on your hands. If you guys weren't awesome and didn't make an incredible series, I just simply wouldn't care about this.

If you want me to, I can show you FM15 running on my tablet through streaming to give an idea of how it looks and plays. It's not perfect without a mouse but it hasn't been made for touch. And it still works fairly well. What about with a mouse? Well, then it works just as well as playing on my 22-inch monitor. You could make the Classic, touch-version work just fine on 7-inchers. It's already on 8-inchers.

Regards, Nuno

Edit: Lucas Weatherby, if you actually reply to me, and thanks in advance, please just tell me something different. I'm not one to be mad at something when it's fair - if you can't make it work on a 5-inch phone I can *completely understand* that and I'd be the first to defend you, FM displays a lot of information. It's just that my experience in both the mobile/phone/tablet and with the full FM15 on my tablet tells me otherwise, that FMC can be a great experience on at the very least the Nexus 7 (2013), because of its incredible pixel per inch density and incredible image quality, coupled with a screen size I truly believe is more than enough. I don't want to have any expectations - are you guys just not interested in it? Will you never support 7-inchers? Just tell me if you don't plan to ever add support. At least don't leave me hanging for the next 5 years while I hope/expect you might finally realize 7-inchers are perfectly fine for FMC. Can you forward our requests to the team? I don't think 7-inch tablets with the horrid 800x480 resolution would ever work properly for FMC. I think at least the Nexus 7 (2013) should be looked upon.

If I remember correctly EdL is one of the lead coders at SI & his post above yours states that a 7" screen is not big enough, whether the issue is purely technical or a UI design decision is something only they can answer.

I'm sure SI would have loved to release on as many as devices as possible as it only hurts their bottom line if they can't. Maybe in time they will be able to increase the number of supported devices to include the system you're currently using but until then those who cannot run the game will have the remain patient & keep a look out for any updates.

I don't think that jelly bean is that outdated that it cannot be made compatible with in a game like fm 15 and what are those unique features that can't work with jelly bean and the 7 inch tab thing really irritates me , and I know a 7 inch tab is enough to display all the info. and I know that si is trying to make most devices compatible but if a ps vita can run it damn sure my tab can run it too which is 7 inches btw.

Archived