Football Manager Classic 2015 for Android/iOS OUT NOW!

This is great news! At least two years earlier than I expected it.

I already bought both FM PC and FMH, so I'll probably skip this, but it will definitely be my one and only go-to FM from '16 and on.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So to be clear

You have football manager classic - the time consuming version for pc mac

you have football manager handheld - the quicker version for your tablet

I own both versions that I have paid for - and now with a month to go at the end of the season they decide to bring on the classic version on the ipad for £14.99. Someone is having a laugh

I associated franchices like Candy Crush and Clash of clans as money grabbers - never expected it from this one.

shocking !

Someone just remind me that plays both (as I gave up on fm pc version when handheld came out) - are the player databases the same ! I.e are the stats the same on both versions for players

The last version i play the full fat version of FM, was FM12 i believe. After that, i simply couldn't have the time to play the game.

After one year without playing the game, i buy FMH14 and this year FMH15 and i really like the game. With one hour of play i set my squad, buy players and i'm ready for the first game of the season.

The big question here, is: Who is gonna play this "portable" version of FMC?

I believe that many players that play FMH, like me, will sure try it. I remember when i start playing CM94, with every year i want more features, more realism. Unfortunalty the game evolve to one point that i can't play it anymore.

The FMH solution, the only possible for me, was like steping many years back, when the game was very basic. It was good for a while, but after 2 years (FMH14 and 15) i want more. And this new FMC it's perfect for me: it gives me more detail, in the same portable plataform.

Like me, i'm sure there are many players.

Will there be a market for 4 different versions? Full fat FM, FMC, the new FMC and FMH? I don't know. Who knows... could this be the end of FMH? Only future will tell.

Anyway, for me this is great news and i'm looking forward to play the game!!

So to be clear

I own both versions that I have paid for - and now with a month to go at the end of the season they decide to bring on the classic version on the ipad for £14.99. Someone is having a laugh

I associated franchices like Candy Crush and Clash of clans as money grabbers - never expected it from this one.

shocking !

Someone just remind me that plays both (as I gave up on fm pc version when handheld came out) - are the player databases the same ! I.e are the stats the same on both versions for players

What about those of us who want a more in-depth game than FMH on our tablets? It is a month to go until the end of the football season, but six months or so to go until FM16 is released. This is being released now because it is ready now, there is no sinister, money-grabbing plot. If you don't want it, don't buy it. There are plenty of less cynical people about who find this quite an exciting (and welcome) development.

• Administrators
So to be clear

shocking !

FMC for Tablet is the same as the version as on PC.

If you don't feel like you want to buy FMC Tablet due to it being "at the end of the season", then quite simply, don't buy it. We have historically released new titles on new platforms at this time of year.

I doubt that Tablet FMC will be any more or less time consuming than FMC on PC/mac, unless you have a very high/low end PC or Mac of course.

If you're happy with whichever product you have then there is no issue, if you like the idea of FMC Tablet but already have either of the other products then you can decide to buy FMC Tablet or leave it & wait until the 16 cycle.

I do not see why the timing of the release is an issue, those who buy FMC15 for the tablet are not required to buy any FM16 product at the end of this year.

Company provide greater consumer choice = money grabbers

Company provide no choice = not listening to their loyal fans

Sometimes I really do despair at modern consumers tendencies to look for any possible negative & if one doesn't exist they'll make one up.

What about those of us who want a more in-depth game than FMH on our tablets? It is a month to go until the end of the football season, but six months or so to go until FM16 is released. This is being released now because it is ready now, there is no sinister, money-grabbing plot. If you don't want it, don't buy it. There are plenty of less cynical people about who find this quite an exciting (and welcome) development.

As ive said if this game came out on August 1st as an alternate to the handheld version then I have no problem with that. Give people a choice, but to come out now isn't right

Madden games don't come out in week 15 of the season and neither do any EA sports games for that matter, they come out at start of season for the season

So in a months time the season is over and the interest in FM lacks. then you have 3 months of the closed season where clubs are buying players so the squads are not upto date and that DOES MATTER

It seems like this has been brought out now so we can be guinee pigs to see how the game goes before its proper release in august called fm 16 with completely new features

£15 is expensive to pay for a game that has a 5 week relevancy lifespan

FMC for Tablet is the same as the version as on PC.

If you don't feel like you want to buy FMC Tablet due to it being "at the end of the season", then quite simply, don't buy it. We have historically released new titles on new platforms at this time of year.

You give the details of new football manager comes coming out in April from previous years and I will apologise on this point !

You give the details of new football manager comes coming out in April from previous years and I will apologise on this point !
FM05 game out at in February 2005, that was the first release in the FM franchise & was followed by FM06 in October of the same year.

Going farther back in SI history CM3 was released in March 1999 & CM4 was released in March 2003, both of those were technically new releases rather than an evolution of the previous version.

Cue a massive rise in tablet purchases...

I am considering this actually as I could do with a laptop upgrade but a tablet might make more sense now that I can get FM© as well. Any idea what size the game will be? I.e. should I buy the 64GB iPad Air....???

Why all the complaining? if you don't like it don't buy it/wait for the 2016 version. This is for the folks who would like a more in-depth mobile version of the game right now.

I'm sure none of the SI will go around to your house and point a gun at your head until you tap 'Buy'!

• Administrators
As ive said if this game came out on August 1st as an alternate to the handheld version then I have no problem with that. Give people a choice, but to come out now isn't right

See what I said above. If you don't think it's right, that's your prerogative. Many disagree with you.

Madden games don't come out in week 15 of the season and neither do any EA sports games for that matter, they come out at start of season for the season

So in a months time the season is over and the interest in FM lacks. then you have 3 months of the closed season where clubs are buying players so the squads are not upto date and that DOES MATTER

We provide 51 nations with the tablet game that have different seasons with many of them starting in February or March 2015, actually. The game isn't just released for one country.

It seems like this has been brought out now so we can be guinee pigs to see how the game goes before its proper release in august called fm 16 with completely new features

£15 is expensive to pay for a game that has a 5 week relevancy lifespan

It's been released because it's ready, if you want to spin conspiracy theories please do this on your own time away from the forums. That'll be all for this "debate" in this thread. Let's stick to the topic at hand.

See what I said above. If you don't think it's right, that's your prerogative. Many disagree with you.

We provide 51 nations with the tablet game that have different seasons with many of them starting in February or March 2015, actually. The game isn't just released for one country.

It's been released because it's ready, if you want to spin conspiracy theories please do this on your own time away from the forums. That'll be all for this "debate" in this thread. Let's stick to the topic at hand.

Ah come on, you don't think anyone actually plays with 45ish of those 51 nations. I doubt even people in just those nations themselves play in them !

Fine, ive made my points I don't need to go on. And from reading about im not alone

Of course I will be buying this game at 12.01am as I love football manager but I do so begrudgingly

Why should any purchase be done begrudgingly? If you are a bit meh on buying something because you do not feel you need it in your life then don't buy it.

Had there been no release would you have sat there wishing that such a product existed? If the answer is no then there really is no sense in buying it, if the answer is yes then any purchasing decision cannot be considered as one taken under protest because you're buying something that you wanted.

Ah come on, you don't think anyone actually plays with 45ish of those 51 nations. I doubt even people in just those nations themselves play in them !
I do & I run them all in full detail, the test team hate it whenever I log a bug.

Lucas do you mean in a pc/mac type not supported, as in it'll run but slower than you'd consider optimum, or as in a normal iOS no supported answer in that it won't install or run at all?

I'm pretty flexible after many years of running football manager on various underpowered macs

• Administrators

Thousands do actually.

As mentioned above I don't want this kind of talk to derail the thread so consider this a last warning and take the discussion elsewhere, away from these forums. This isn't the place to indulge people just wishing to argue just because.

Ok, I disagree, if you are a fan of a franchise then its just standard you buy the latest version. I love fifa 14 for example, but the day fifa 15 came out I got rid of 14, By your logic I didn't need to as I love 14, but by my logic - I always wanted the latest and newest game of a franchise I love even though im quite happy with my current version

• Administrators
I thought this topic was to discuss the new football manager game released tonight ?

ive said my peace too

It is. Complaining about the time of year it is being released and spinning conspiracy theories about SI when you didn't even know it existed a few hours ago is not for discussion. The solution is quite simple, let's leave it at that and get back to talking about the actual game, please.

Can I just say ... to all the people arguing ... blah blah ... don't buy it then instead of say SI is doing wrong.

I will buy absolutely. My prospective is 15£ is a good price. I didn't buy for the first time since CM because of time and more important my laptop broke and I didn't buy a new one. I tried the handle version... no way. Can't wait to see this on my ipad and enjoy again FM.

I think all the comment are based without any clue of strategies and any kind of survey SI made it to decide to do it.

By the way ... well done SI

Ok so game questions, In terms of the 2 hand held versions available from tonight (handheld and classic) I want to know how the 2 compare

1) Do they use the same database? i.e will the players stats on my current fm handheld be the same as the ones on the fm classic released later tonight?

2) Do you have the option to do "commentery only and very fast - old school" on the the classic version like you can on the handheld version

3) in terms of difficulty how does it compare on the new version out tonight as oppose to handheld - as I find I can win the prem league first season with about 12 of the teams without cheating?

4) Are the wonderkids the same in both versions?

5) How many hours would you say it takes to finish a season?

• Administrators
Ok so game questions, In terms of the 2 hand held versions available from tonight (handheld and classic) I want to know how the 2 compare

1) Do they use the same database? i.e will the players stats on my current fm handheld be the same as the ones on the fm classic released later tonight?

Not quite. FMH has a smaller database and in terms of player attributes are handled differently. The Attributes on FM Classic are the same as on PC.

2) Do you have the option to do "commentery only and very fast - old school" on the the classic version like you can on the handheld version

Wouldn't be classic without it :brock:

3) in terms of difficulty how does it compare on the new version out tonight as oppose to handheld - as I find I can win the prem league first season with about 12 of the teams without cheating?

See here: http://www.footballmanager.com/content/fmc15-versus-fmh15

4) Are the wonderkids the same in both versions?

Pretty much. With some PAs being in a range, some players will turn out differently on every save game as usual.

5) How many hours would you say it takes to finish a season?

Speed wise it's going to depend on the leagues you choose, the device you have, and how you play the game as well in between matches and the matches themselves.

Awesome news and well done guys!

@LucasWeatherby I can't see if this is answered or even queried yet but, have we got any specifications for this yet? How much space is required etc.

You can see the full list of supported devices here: http://ftbl.ma/fmcdev

As for space, on Android you need 4GB to install the game (the total size is less than this, but needed during the install process). On iOS it's approximately 2.6GB

Really gutted because I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S - the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE is compatible... when will my WiFi tablet be compatible? I know it says "Coming Soon" but it seems odd that the LTE version is but the WiFi is not.

FMC and Simulation Mode use the same ME, so the answer is yes on the assumption that it is a complete port of FMC.

And journeys to work just got a lot more interesting...

Normally wouldnt consider FMC at all (will always lose out to FM full on PC), but being on the Ipad makes it a game changer.

• Administrators
Really gutted because I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S - the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE is compatible... when will my WiFi tablet be compatible? I know it says "Coming Soon" but it seems odd that the LTE version is but the WiFi is not.

As per my above post:

It's being worked on and will be available soon, but can't give an exact timeframe I'm afraid.

• Administrators
Is there gonna be a trial version to see how it runs? I Have a Samsung galaxy note pro 12.2.
No news on that I'm afraid.
Hi, super excited to see fmc 15 arrive to iOS, I do have a question though...Are there any league restrictions or database restrictions, I'll be running iPad mini 2Thanks
Standard FMC Database and League Restrictions apply.
I'm so happy that finally we get to play a full Football Manager experience on iPad.Not the most important of questions: can we add custom logos and kits?
No, it's not supported.

is the standard 3 nations? Advanced setup in fmc lets you load multiple different nations? Could I load 6 nations or are you restricted to just 3

Interested to know this too.

One other important bit of info is that you can't watch the Full Match on FMC Tablet, but can watch all of the Highlights modes:

Only highlight modes and commentary are currently possible (Text, 2D Classic, 2D and 3D)

• Administrators
is the standard 3 nations? Advanced setup in fmc lets you load multiple different nations? Could I load 6 nations or are you restricted to just 3
That's correct, as opposed to ticking "Remove Nation and League Restrictions" on PC. It's a Max of 3 nations and you can choose how far down the nation pyramid you go.

Never played FM Classic on PC. Is it possible on tablet to add/remove leagues when in game. Also, what is the file/download size. Will i struggle to download or play on my 16gb ipad Air?

Not possible to Add / Remove leagues on FMC Tablet. File size is around 4GB on Android, 2.6GB on iOS.

Not possible to Add / Remove leagues on FMC Tablet. File size is around 4GB on Android, 2.6GB on iOS.
Thanks for the quick reply! Definitely buying, quite a small file for the size of the game and can't wait to play a real FM on tablet. I usually play the full FM game but don't bother with training etc anyway!

Thanks for the quick reply! Definitely buying, quite a small file for the size of the game and can't wait to play a real FM on tablet. I usually play the full FM game but don't bother with training etc anyway!

Hope you enjoy it :thup: Please remember to leave some feedback if you can tear yourself away from it once you've spent a bit of time playing.

Archived