Official Football Manager 2015 Classic Mode PC/Mac/Linux Feedback Thread

In my current save, I had some clubs come in for my youngsters (yth) and I rejected the bids the first two times. The third time I just got a news item that the youngsters had entered into negotiations with the other club. One of them turned down the offer, the other accepted and I got an EURO 800k compensation. It doesn't really bother me too much but I am just confused as to why first I can reject and then it seems I am unable to stop it (youngster contract? did my DOF accept it? or HOYD? Even though it didn't state so in the news item).

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my current save, I had some clubs come in for my youngsters (yth) and I rejected the bids the first two times. The third time I just got a news item that the youngsters had entered into negotiations with the other club. One of them turned down the offer, the other accepted and I got an EURO 800k compensation. It doesn't really bother me too much but I am just confused as to why first I can reject and then it seems I am unable to stop it (youngster contract? did my DOF accept it? or HOYD? Even though it didn't state so in the news item).

Possibly a bug of some sort. If you have a save game from before the point this occurred, please upload it to the Bugs Forum so SI can recreate it and diagnose the source of it.

Sounds like Youngster contracts, they approached you first, to get the player cheaper, and when you didn't play ball, went directly to the player. Any player you want to keep needs to be offered a full time contract to prefect them being poached.

I'm struggling to play Classic this year (which is a shame as I love that mode), due to the sidebar. On the main game, I've got a skin which leaves just the icons there, and it really opens up the rest of the screen. I use a laptop as opposed to a big, widescreen PC monitor, so the screen looks far too cluttered with the sidebar taking up about a fifth of it. It's expecially brutal on the tactics screen, which is annoying enough to use this year anyway.

I really hope we can get either a new skin or a mod from someone which makes the sidebar icons only. Until then, it'll be the full game only for me this year. Which when I think of my great Hibs/Fortuna Sittard saves on FMC14, makes me sad.

It's easy to change for yourself, read this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405837-FM15-Guide-How-to-Edit-the-Sidebar

I think you just need to download the base skin fromt he sticky thread in the Skinning Hideout and change the max value to a very high number.

Just played my first match. Much more realistic looking football being played. Players are now a lot quicker to get tight and put a challenge in and likewise players with the ball are quicker to get rid of it when being closed down. New feigns and step over animations make a stopped and marked player with the ball and his marker look much more realistic instead of walking parallel to one another they now look as if they're both waiting for the other to commit before making their play. There's still no off the ball collisions or jockeying and pushing which leads to players floating through one another which might be the last really weird looking thing in the 3D.

It's easy to change for yourself, read this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405837-FM15-Guide-How-to-Edit-the-Sidebar

I think you just need to download the base skin fromt he sticky thread in the Skinning Hideout and change the max value to a very high number.

No idea how to do any of that. I've downloaded the base FMC skin, but he talks about a panels folder and extracting files from somewhere, and that's where this luddite is lost I'm afraid.

You can ask to develop training or youth setups now. Jan 2019 and my former League One team are making lovely progress.

Thanks mate. There are more opinions out there? I would start a new career in classic mode but want to make sure that there is some dynamic.

Having played a bit FM (normal) 15.1.1 and now some FMC 15.1.3 here's my feedback

Pros on FMC:

-You can select as many leagues as you want (and database size).

-Training. Either you are responsible or your ass man are. Or even a mix. And it's easy and intuitive.

-No constant player/media interaction that gets really boring and triviel really fast.

-No constant news messages from around the globe. Gets quite tedious.

-No day to day 'new horrible player offered by agent'.

-No need to sign lots of background staff.

Cons:

-You can't tutor a young player. (Does the ass man do it behind your back?)

-You can see all attributes without scouting. I'd much rather it is like in the normal FM. (Or am I doing something wrong?)

-I get annoyed at the things you can buy in the game. I don't want the options to be there. It should be possible to turn it off. Yes, I've clicked on several of them because I didn't knew what it was and then directed to the shop. I hope for SI it doesn't end up with loads of kids ruining their parents :)

It seems I'm going to prefer FMC this year. It's faster and has less annoying things that disrupt your progress :)

General observations on FM15:

-The new sidebar seems fine. I guess it's going to be really fine when I get more used to it.

-Tactical screen seems a bit of a mess at times:

Every time I enter the screen I need to click Selection Info and choose Copy of Selection Info to get the selection info I want. It's really getting on my nerves and could be a game breaker for me (yeah sometimes the small things are the most annoying...) Even when I click a player and hit back I need to choose Copy of Selection Info again. Soo annoying.

The size of the boxes Position/Role/Duty changes whenever you shift players. It ends up with several different sized boxes and just looks like a real mess. (I think of making a bug report within the next week including my general view on this screen.

-Between 80-90% of the goals I see are either scored from crosses (incl free kicks), corners and shots from the edge of area. One on ones seems near impossible to get in. When one on one you'd rather your player lay the ball to either side and hope someone picks it up and cross it (doesn't matter if 4 defenders are back to defend).

-Injuries seems to be at the level at last year. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

Cons:

-You can't tutor a young player. (Does the ass man do it behind your back?)

-You can see all attributes without scouting. I'd much rather it is like in the normal FM. (Or am I doing something wrong?)

-I get annoyed at the things you can buy in the game. I don't want the options to be there. It should be possible to turn it off. Yes, I've clicked on several of them because I didn't knew what it was and then directed to the shop. I hope for SI it doesn't end up with loads of kids ruining their parents :)

The Ass Man does it, sometimes sadly in a way that cuts a players Determination.

You can unlock attribute masking and activate it through some achievement in game(or buy it like all unlockables).

It would be nice to hide the buy buttons.

The Ass Man does it, sometimes sadly in a way that cuts a players Determination.

You can unlock attribute masking and activate it through some achievement in game(or buy it like all unlockables).

It would be nice to hide the buy buttons.

I simply refuse to buy an unlockable of any kind. I bought the game after all... Guess I need to find out what achievement to get to unlock attribute masking and then powerplay :) If I get the achievement and unlock the attribute masking will I then be able to have attribute masking in all my FMC saves? Also those I start later on? Or only those I start later on?

I simply refuse to buy an unlockable of any kind. I bought the game after all... Guess I need to find out what achievement to get to unlock attribute masking and then powerplay :) If I get the achievement and unlock the attribute masking will I then be able to have attribute masking in all my FMC saves? Also those I start later on? Or only those I start later on?

Any save, IIRC, you can turn it on and off as you like.

To unlock it you need a player to win a player of the year award.

Any save, IIRC, you can turn it on and off as you like.

To unlock it you need a player to win a player of the year award.

Thank you for your answers. I think it should be possible for me to win a player of the year award. I'm managing Juventus. I always pick an easy team to learn the game and test a few things. Not before the christmas patch do I start a long serious save :)

• Administrators
Thank you for your answers. I think it should be possible for me to win a player of the year award. I'm managing Juventus. I always pick an easy team to learn the game and test a few things. Not before the christmas patch do I start a long serious save :)

Not to tip or anything ;) but its not save game exclusive. You could if you wanted create a separate save game, unlock it relatively quickly and use that in any other save you have.

I played the demo for two hours. As I've been stuck at CM 01/02 for ten years, this was quite an upgrade.. :) I enjoyed the game, although I think it was a tad slow. It might be down to my computer (i5 2410, 8 GB RAM), I don't know. Good game!

Hi, fantastick game! But, in normal mode or at least in FM13, you can assign your assistent manager to take care of friendly matches - is this not possible i classic mode? If Classic should be a quicker gamemode, then it should be a possible choice..

Hi, fantastick game! But, in normal mode or at least in FM13, you can assign your assistent manager to take care of friendly matches - is this not possible i classic mode? If Classic should be a quicker gamemode, then it should be a possible choice..

You can instant result them anyway.

Does this mode of play really run quicker? Even if you select a lot of leagues?

It runs quicker in the regard that you have a good deal less to contend with, but the actual processing speed is much the same, maybe a bit quicker due to fewer squads (ie you have a main team and a reserve team in FMC, so there's no U-21s, U-18s etc)

• Administrators
It runs quicker in the regard that you have a good deal less to contend with, but the actual processing speed is much the same, maybe a bit quicker due to fewer squads (ie you have a main team and a reserve team in FMC, so there's no U-21s, U-18s etc)

The default detail level in FMC is lower than FMs meaning it is quicker, processing wise.

I love the Classic Mode, espacially for LAN-Sessions. It would be great to be able to add some kind of "World League", since this would offer much more fair Team-Selection-Options. Like Bayern and Barca, sounds like a lot of fun to me. I don't know how hard it would be to add an official "World League Mode" as a DLC in the shop, but i think that would be a nice addition.

Of course as a official DLC it would need more polishing then the Workshop-mod, like solving the problem with the travling costs of the mod for example.

Another option would be to have kind of "Verified Communty-Mods" that are useable in classic mode as well or Classic-only (if the difference in the code is too big between FM and FMC).

How I can you do this?

Under "Play match" is the button "Instant result", simple as that, and if you don't want to handle your line-up as well in those matches, just use the "Quick Pick"-Button. You can even save your first team in the Quick pick drop-down menu, so you can switch back to your best team with just a few clicks.

Instant Result basically plays the match out using your tactics as they are. If you want, you can then use match plans to add a bit more control and variability to Instant Results by specifying different approaches to make in different scenarios. It's a really powerful tool that I don't get the sense that many people make use of. I don't use it at all as I don't Instant Result, but I really want to do an Instant Result only save in Brazil at some point.

Each to their own, but playing a whole season using Instant Result would be an utterly soul-less experience for me.

Ironically, I'd have loved this option back in the days of FM07 and 08 where I found watching the basic, jerky match engine a real chore. (I eventually just had commentary only on in the end) I remember in those days the actual match was the thing I looked forward to the least in the game, where it's now the thing I most look forward to in the more recent versions. I love the elation and the despair that watching the matches unfold gives you.

Each to their own, but playing a whole season using Instant Result would be an utterly soul-less experience for me.

Exactly my original thoughts - but I was messing about with one of the FMC Challenges just to see what they are like, and used Instant Result to whizz through. It definitely has its place and isn't as distant as you might expect; I found it generated a different sort of tension and elation. I'll continue to play matches out myself on my current save, but it would fit the way I'd want to motor through a new save in Brazil - specifically the State Championship matches.

• Administrators
Exactly my original thoughts - but I was messing about with one of the FMC Challenges just to see what they are like, and used Instant Result to whizz through. It definitely has its place and isn't as distant as you might expect; I found it generated a different sort of tension and elation. I'll continue to play matches out myself on my current save, but it would fit the way I'd want to motor through a new save in Brazil - specifically the State Championship matches.

Definitely one area I find useful to use IR, and those competition matches that are not important to the board as well.

Can I ask a question about Opposition Instructions. I know these are not in FMC (which on the face of it I'm very glad), relative to other things just how important are they tactically?

I see a lot of people putting a lot of focus / attention on them, and wondered just how tactically effective they are, and whether FMC is at a "disadvantage" by not having them included...

Cheers.

• Administrators

Wouldn't say they put the FMC user at a disadvantage at all, quite the contrary (The AI don't use them in FMC). They are not free of their own risks when using them, as they are asking players in your team to ignore other instructions to focus on specific player(s). Tight Marking and Closing Down on a specific player for example is more likely to create space for another player or leave your own defences more exposed as a possibility. In short, they are best used when you're aware of what the instruction does, and what this likely means for your team and formation.

You can always select a player to man-mark an opposition, which also carries its own risks as well.

Just to reiterate RT: I never use them either, only once or twice in FM ever have I used them or wanted to. Sometimes putting something like this front and center can make users feel obligated to use something that they don't need to in their case.

I didn't use them in fat mode for the reasons Lucas says - they risk pulling your team apart.

Some like "Show Player Onto Weaker Foot" are handy, but others carry way more risk. Above all, I play in a stupidly simplistic way, and am too lazy to be arsed to select extra options anyway :) Plus I don't touch fat mode any more.

I am willing to pay for a separate editor if it is usable on classic.

Casual players like myself prefer FMC over regular game, and casuals tend to use editors more often than hardcore players. I want to be able to use in-game editor for FMC.

FMTRE team does not provide editor for FMC because apparently there are some unlocked you should pay for that an editor could do.

I hope SI releases in-game editor for FMC. I will not buy the game until then.

A question regarding how FMC works. Since there are no player interactions, what happens when a player is unhappy, for example due to not playing?

I had that today with a player who hasn't been playing, so that player interaction is in FMC and I believe you have the same options as in the full game.

I don't believe that there are many other reasons for a player to be unhappy as player promises aren't in FMC.

• Administrators
Dumb question. Does the Martin Odegaard download work for FMC, I'm guessing no.

No, it doesn't unfortunately.

Archived