Match 2 - Group A - Mexico VS Cameroon 1700 BST

sean_oc16

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enjoyed Carlisle saying Mbia and Song will dominate the midfield, im pretty sure thats because he's looked for the names he recognises and took a punt.

Or it's because, you know, they're both excellent and two of Cameroon's best players.

Enjoyed Carlisle saying Mbia and Song will dominate the midfield, im pretty sure thats because he's looked for the names he recognises and took a punt.

No doubt.

Or it's because, you know, they're both excellent and two of Cameroon's best players.

Or because he believes that "even with the rain the Mexican players weigh less then 10st"

Don't actually mind Carlisle THAT much. He makes a fair few comments I disagree with, but at least he makes a small effort to analyse the actual game and by referencing a few of their previous games (albeit only the recent friendlies) he's obviously at least tried to do some research.

That was the first part of it I couldn't remember which also led into the second part. It showed a lack of knowledge of Mexico for me, ignoring Herrera who is a combative player in the midfield.

Now he's just mentioned Mexico having an advantage through Rodriguez' size so he's contradicted himself there already.

The man is awful at his job - which appears to be the norm for football coverage these days (it's a real bugbear of mine :D)

TBH I think he was off-side...only after the 4 repeat though, so brilliant decision if he was right.

Edit: nah onside, apparently the 'assist' came from a Cameroon-player. Close call nonetheless.

Archived