Steaton's 'Invincible' 4-2-3-1 - Consistency - Balanced - 14.3.0 - Plug and Play

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No... Quite the opposite actually, according to the OP :)

Please read the entire thread. Steaton clearly says he believes the original (the one from the opening post), is still the best one. But why not download it yourself and play around with or without tweaks? You might find out which is best for your team?

What are peoples thoughts on training?? A lot of people think this has a big impact on tactics. I tend to use tam cohesion on very high, with bar to 50% and match training set to tactics in pre season. Then Balanced, high, 40%, teamwork

Just looking for sum input......C

I simply love this tactic!

My Skrill South team: Dorchester wins 5-0 against Coventry City in the FA Cup 1st round.

Not only did my team completely destroy the better opposition, 19 chances, where 11 of them where on target with 7 clear cut... Simply amazing!

Coventry responded with 6 chances, 3 on target but no clear cut.

I find my AP scoring most of my goals. :D

Hey Steaton

I haven't used your tactic yet but from what I can read it do look promising.

So fare I have used Totalfootballfan's 'Unstoppable!' tactic with limited success.

I thought it would be fun in you would try a test with your tactic vs Totalfootballfan's.

LINK: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/385019-Unstoppable!-Two-quadruples-in-row!

This tactic still works wonders for me especially at home. Away i get most of the time good results against the big teams in the league like Man C, Arsenal, Tottenham etc.

Just against smaller teams away from home I loose my points with draws or a loss with one goal difference.

At home I won all my matches (this time playing as Man U , but also got a streaking win with mid or low table teams) with big differences mostly.

Away I won all the big games this season but I keep loosing points against for example West Ham, Wigan, Stoke.

Anyone got any advice what I should adjust in the tactics when i face those low ranked teams AWAY from home?

This tactic is the best ive used by far.

Ok im man utd by i am currently into my third season and ive won nearly the lot in both seasons. The first season i went unbeaten in the league.

Currently in the third season and im demolishing teams. When you get the right players, 100% Familarity and get the training right then theres nothing stopping you.

Have a look at my current run in the third season. Not only am im scoring buckets (including 4's and 5's against chelsea and man city) but im conceeding none. Like literally NONE...see for yourself and check out the domination of the average rating table.

http://postimg.org/image/jvhswvymr/

http://postimg.org/image/c520a2chv/

From my testing this tactic is not a good one for lower level clubs. (Mostly amateurs or semi-professional teams)

It was already noted by the OP that it doesn't work very well if many changes are made on your squad, so if you play on the bottom levels of your league chances are that you will have to change a lot of players every season.

Then there's the defensive problems of the tactic that, in the lower levels clubs are most noticed. In my case, in some games, is like there's no defense playing at all.

Would like to mention that this tactic does not deal well with the "defeat after defeat" effect caused by the drop on the moral of the players.

Now, if you get a good team and you are able to keep it, the overwhelming effects of your attack are enough to mask the problems of the defense.

Not the best tactic i played on the latest patch but is surely one of the best.

This tactic still works wonders for me especially at home. Away i get most of the time good results against the big teams in the league like Man C, Arsenal, Tottenham etc.

Just against smaller teams away from home I loose my points with draws or a loss with one goal difference.

At home I won all my matches (this time playing as Man U , but also got a streaking win with mid or low table teams) with big differences mostly.

Away I won all the big games this season but I keep loosing points against for example West Ham, Wigan, Stoke.

Anyone got any advice what I should adjust in the tactics when i face those low ranked teams AWAY from home?

Against smaller teams who park the bus, I've had succes playing a much more controlled style...

I usually try going defensive/counter mentality, and put on TI's: Short passing, lower/much lower tempo, run at defence, roam from positions. I also remove drop deeper as a result of the changed mentality, and pass into space as this is usually not going anywhere against 'park the bus' crowded defences :) More expressive is also out when playing this style, as roam from positions is adequate in terms of team-creativity. I DO want my guys to play controlled, so don't want to give too much freedom in that sense...

This usually leads to a lot of classic sideways shortpassing, with us playing patiently probing their defence, looking for the final throughball. It takes patience to break down teams like this, but it works out more often than not. Also try experimenting with the AMC. I tend to make him AP/S or even Treq instead of AP/A, as this will see him collect the ball more often than running into the crowded area. This way he acts much more like a 'genuine' playmaker ;)

I've used the vanilla tactic in my last season. Media prediction 12th, finished 7th. And I won the domestic cup. Although I had 4 games ending 0-0, there are usually about 3 goals per game (58-49 goals after 34 league matches). My AMC won top scorer and best league player award of the season, he is also my best player CA-wise. I feel like my wingers could score slightly more. I seem to score less and concede more from the right side. Can anybody confirm that or is that down to my players in these positions? (really should be, as the tactic is symmetric, as far as I can tell).

Penalties: 5-4 in the last 50 matches

Corner goals: 1-5 in the last 10(!) matches

I haven't read the full thread but have you tried to make the DLP more defensive to stop this tactic from conceding so many goals?

Are people still using this? I've been reading up on a consistent tactic and this one seems to be one that a lot of people rate highly! If people are seems to be the most successful version as I'm aware of this DC tweak that people have used?

This is by far the best tactic. I took over the spurs job after a few seasons at wolves, won league and fa cup 1st season, now 13 points clear 2nd season in feb, still in champ league and fa cup. very consistant. The DC tweak made the tactic better for me.

I decided to give this tactic a chance and loaded an old Real Madrid save that I had started months ago on the beta, to see what it could do with a really good team. The results are impressive:

image.jpg

I used a few tweaks in relation to the original:

- both CD on defend duty, without tigh marking;

- DLP changed to MC with support duty;

- MCL changed to attack duty, removed shoot less often;

- used offside trap;

- tweaked set pieces, which I'm still not totally satisfied - from the 76 goals scored so far, only 9 are from corners.

Anyway, great tactic. The striker scores for fun (CR has 30 goals in 19 league games) and the AMC play is just fantastic. Well done Steaton. :thup:

I decided to give this tactic a chance and loaded an old Real Madrid save that I had started months ago on the beta, to see what it could do with a really good team. The results are impressive:

image.jpg

- used offside trap;

- tweaked set pieces, which I'm still not totally satisfied - from the 76 goals scored so far, only 9 are from corners.

Anyway, great tactic. The striker scores for fun (CR has 30 goals in 19 league games) and the AMC play is just fantastic. Well done Steaton. :thup:

Ah Marcelo, I've missed your tweaks mate! I still remember using your own tactics and your tweaked ones of others in fm12 and fm 13. One thing you seem to know how to do is get your tactics scoring goals. I shall give this a try. Any chance of an upload, I know I can do it mysef, but there is nothing like the certainty of downloading a tactic ready made.

Ah Marcelo, I've missed your tweaks mate! I still remember using your own tactics and your tweaked ones of others in fm12 and fm 13. One thing you seem to know how to do is get your tactics scoring goals. I shall give this a try. Any chance of an upload, I know I can do it mysef, but there is nothing like the certainty of downloading a tactic ready made.

Hi Jimmy, good times that of FM12. I haven't played much FM14 yet, don't like this ME. I'm still playing FM13, have an amazing tactic that brought me great succes.

About the tweaks to Steaton's tactic, you are right, the goal was to score more and to get more players scoring (MCs), even if the defense suffers a little, but with Real Madrid that hasn't been a problem. I can't upload it now, but will send you later.

Hi Jimmy, good times that of FM12. I haven't played much FM14 yet, don't like this ME. I'm still playing FM13, have an amazing tactic that brought me great succes.

About the tweaks to Steaton's tactic, you are right, the goal was to score more and to get more players scoring (MCs), even if the defense suffers a little, but with Real Madrid that hasn't been a problem. I can't upload it now, but will send you later.

Yeah, for some reason (*cough* M.E *cough*) I just haven't been able to get into this year's game as much. Anyway, enough winging....we all know we are far too addicted to this game, flaws and all, to put it down.

Cheers buddy, send/upload that tactic when you can. Very interested to see what you've done with it :)

What set pieces you doing. upload mate

image.jpg

- used offside trap;

Great tactic overall, although I'm having a very tough time against the top teams of the PL. Let me recap the first season and a half, with Swansea:

Started off using the tactic as it is in the OP for the first 11 games. Very variable results, so I made the tweaks OP suggested and it stabilized a great deal. Finished the season in 6th place. We were third for the better part of the season, had a meltdown in form were we lost 6 in a row and missed the CL. This however is not down to the tactics IMO, its just FM. Lost to Napoli in the quarter final of the EL.

Struggling with top sides however, away from home. Just lost 1-6 to Chelsea, 0-4 to Man Utd and 2-5 against City in Wales. In the other hand, I completely obliterate weaker or even teams. That's whats keeping me in contention for Europe.

Swansea is also a very average team at best. Difficult to move forward with a strict board and few monies. Looking for a slightly bigger club atm.

image.jpg

- used offside trap;

The tweaks you made is very good against team away for me! I use Steatons orginal at home games, thanks for sharing

Here are the end of season results:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The 4 games against Barcelona:

image.jpg

I'm now happy with the set pieces, as we scored 19 from corners and conceded only 3; and 9 from IFKs while conceding 0.

Here is the tactic with the tweaked instructions and set pieces: https://www.mediafire.com/?7h1v5crj36id5bs

All credit to Steaton for a great tactic.

Cheers Marcelo! These results defo look like the fm12 days!

Currently having a lot of difficulties with this tactic for my Tottenham career.

Lost 2-0 to Nottingham, drew 0-0 to Fulham, lost 3-1 to Vit Guimaraes and lost 1-0 to Aston Villa

(consecutive games).

I'm using the shape, roles and player instructions stated by OP.

What to do?

(I'm new to this, playing the vita classic version)

Please help :(

@ Marcelo: did you use your tweaked version of Steaton's tactic in all games, without changes?

Yes, the only changes were some instructions I was testing, but that was with Real Madrid. With a smaller team I would probably need a more defensive tactic in some situations.

Yes, the only changes were some instructions I was testing, but that was with Real Madrid. With a smaller team I would probably need a more defensive tactic in some situations.

I did a little test save with Crystal Palace who are by all accounts a underdog in the league. The tactic is effective, however in the away games against Man City and Chelsea it did get ripped apart, something like 11 CCCs conceded each match. May of been that the tactic was still becoming fluid and those 2 teams are very good!

Hi Steaton et al, firstly a big thank you for this masterpiece. I used for the start of my annual Newcastle save after trying everything under the sun, and it was fantastic. Following your instructions to the letter, I comfortably won the league in my first season with no transfers by a massive 17 points. My front four IFx2, AP and Poachers took teams a part creating chance after chance and movements thought the team I've never seen on FM previously.

In the the second season and it looked like the match engine had caught up with me and in the next few games we stumbled with a few losses and draws. After revisiting the thread I read up and saw I wasn't the only one to experience second season syndrome and looked at how others had corrected this. A few people had recommended adding play narrower so I tried this and instantly the difference was notable. I then went on a 45 game streak when I only last three games in all competitions - bringing home again the premier league title and the FA cup, only losing the champs league final to Real Madrid in extr time 1-0.

I've just kicked off my new season and it seems like third season syndrome is catching up. I've only made a few signings but simply all the positive play of last season have disappeared. Worst result being a 3-0 home loss to Spurs, I've tried a few combinations but nothing is coming off. Can anyone offer any advise or suggestions to the tactic which has been successful for them? I don't believe it requires much but I appreciate the tiniest changes can have big impacts

This is a brilliant tactic and I'd gutted if I was unable to recreate my past successes. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

First game of third season (second with this tactic) was unreal: 8 x 0 against Espanyol, but could have been much more: 42 shots, 10 cccs, 12 half chances.

Here is the pkm of the match: https://www.mediafire.com/?nbmsnuaje9rg34o

Download it, load it in your game (option "view match" in the bottom of the start screen) and watch the highlights, to see what kind of football this tactic produces.

image.jpg

- used offside trap;

hey bro i tryed the tactic pretty good

but in corners i cant score (it says aim to ''mixed'' can u tell us any more spesific instruction for ur succes goals via corners? coz i cant find solution thnx

match training and general training?

With Real Madrid I used attacking movement all the time for match preparation. But if you are using a weak team I recomend leaving it to your assistant.

General training only influences your players' progression, it has no effect on the matches.

hey bro i tryed the tactic pretty good

but in corners i cant score (it says aim to ''mixed'' can u tell us any more spesific instruction for ur succes goals via corners? coz i cant find solution thnx

It's a lot harder to score from corners in FM14 than in previous versions. In my experience, the best results were with the aim set to mixed. I finished the season with 19 goals from corners, the second team with the most goals had 10, so I'm happy with this setup for now.

Have been using Marcelos tweak on Valencia the last season, finished 2nd behind Barcelona, 5 points ahead of Real Madrid. Tactic is very good, the attacking play is very fast and blistering even. The majority games I tend to score at least two goals within the first 20 mins. Won all three games against Real Madrid, both league games and the Cup Final.

Lost both matches to Barcelona. It really is amazing to what happens with the ME once you have a winning tactic. All sorts of random variance occurs. In the away game against Barca I was up 2-0 at half time. Then my goalie, Guaita, goes on an epic meltdown - handing the ball TWICE to Messi and it's all even. The Xavi blasts in a freekick from 35 yards and in stoppage time they get the 4th goal from normal play. Just after x-mas it's payback time at home, or so I think. Again I'm up 2-0 and the otherwise very excellent Otamendi gives away two goals, I take the lead back and they get to goals from corners, the last one in stoppage time.

Had I avoided defeat in the last game against them I'm pretty sure I would have won the league. Very solid tactic indeed, and don't be fooled by my 2nd place finish. Had to deal with a lot mediocre players, old dudes on astronomic salaries etc.

I tried Marcelo's tweak with Hammarby (the best team in the Swedish second division).

Fully fluid, lost 0-6, 1-8 CCC at home...

I think it's very much risk versus reward. I can be very effective!

With Real Madrid I used attacking movement all the time for match preparation. But if you are using a weak team I recomend leaving it to your assistant.

General training only influences your players' progression, it has no effect on the matches.

It's a lot harder to score from corners in FM14 than in previous versions. In my experience, the best results were with the aim set to mixed. I finished the season with 19 goals from corners, the second team with the most goals had 10, so I'm happy with this setup for now.

i have scored already 2goals by corner with instructions set to mixed like urs. i see the spot is in 1st post that scores.....but when i change '' aim 1st post'' the guy who attack to near post doesnt go to ball and , it try to go the guy who stand at post . with the result noone to touch the ball and a chance goes ahead. maybe you can work with it? coz i dont have much expiriance on ''corner tactic'' the only i see is that they can score via 1st post but when u make spesific 1st post noone really go to take the head

I don't really understand how people could have success with this tactic.

I've used it in two different saves, and it only brought me to defeats with its horrible defending and bad football by the team. I understand that nothing works properly with FM14 (thanks SI for ruining such a great series with a worse game every year), but this tactic in particular is so overrated to me.

3rd place with granada

promotion to Serie A with Verona 1 place record for points and goals

win the first stage and second stage with deportivo de cali colombia and cup

victory for Ajax Eredivisie and cup holland

championship with victory in Bulgaria Botev plovdin

Archived