Steaton's 'Invincible' 4-2-3-1 - Consistency - Balanced - 14.3.0 - Plug and Play

People may have heard of the famous/infamous diablo tactic which made use of an exploit of the MC running through the middle and the defenders not dealing with it correctly many people including myself had spotted this but the person who created the diablo tactic set every setting on every player to maximise the chance of taking advantage of that exploit - I was impressed by its purity :)

To be fair, there was nothing 'pure' or 'genius' about it whatsoever. The ME was just downright broken and the AMC took full advantage of it. You could put a GK in the AMC position and he would score +50 too. I also think the creator just stumbled upon it by chance and had it not been him, it would have been someone else.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No CCC to goal ratio is entirely tactic dependent it all depends on what kind of CCCs you are getting it is somewhat patch dependent but less so (e.g. in this tactic CCCs occur when the penalty area is crowded = lower conversion rate) - with a superior team i regularly get 5 or 6 goals somtime 8 at a stretch but the consistency of this tactic is its ability to score 2 or 3 goals every game thats its staple diet and why leaking one regularly doesnt seem to have much impact. Still see discussions about potentially plugging the hole.

To be fair, there was nothing 'pure' or 'genius' about it whatsoever. The ME was just downright broken and the AMC took full advantage of it. You could put a GK in the AMC position and he would score +50 too. I also think the creator just stumbled upon it by chance and had it not been him, it would have been someone else.

Can't argue that it was the most blatent of exploits banned in my online games, IMHO worse than the whole corner fiasco they have always struggled with but that they didnt fix for like 3 versions.

I havn't seen many penalties at all really (still inconclusive - but CCCs do create penalties in general) even with my online game I have ballotelli and he has never taken a penalty:

Capture_045_zpsd7950868.jpg

Please let me see your season penalty stats when available - well at least if they are excessive - I think maybe this was a particular game.

Reasoning which may not be correct but is that if they get frustrated as a team they commit more fouls also if you go very deep hard, closing down, marking you can create multiple penos in a single game (AI may do this sometimes if underdogs - so wouldnt show up in portsmouth stats). But I think it comes in batches sometimes.

In my 14.1 tactic formation 3 at back a 3-5-2 on deep hard caused peno every game, the DCL and DCR, but also running back to save the day due to the attacking wing backs or high defensive line causes more peno - last ditch type tackles.

There was however an exploit whereby hold position and very deep on DC (in a 3 at the back) was overpowered and close range shots from opposition missed because the defender was there in the box - was artifically so and didnt look right in match engine - fixed in 14.2 I believe.

Right my friend Mr Steaton I have played 15 games in the league so far plus another 4 in cups I have used your tactic for all the cup games and 13 league games I have lost 2 league games drawn 1 and won ten and have a goal difference of +22 I am sitting top of the league my top scorer is Luciano Vietto with 13 in 15 games and 4 assists so far so good all I did was plug it and changed to def pos in training and away we go I will let you know how the season finishes.

@Steaton, after the 14.3 patch came out I've tried everything to get my too quickly promoted Barnsley-side back on a winning track in the Premier League. Nothing seemed to work and I was truely ready to put this game aside until I've tested your tactic. Thx a lot! It works like a charm providing me far above average results! Everything fits, the style of play, the chances, the way players move and react, best tactic for FM14 14.3 in my opinion. GREAT WORK!

Very good job on this tactic, Seaton :)!

Regarding defensive stability, maybe you could try this: Fullbacks - FBs, Drop one of the CM down to DM, and make the other box to box.

And have you tried making the striker advanced forward?

People may have heard of the famous/infamous diablo tactic which made use of an exploit of the MC running through the middle and the defenders not dealing with it correctly many people including myself had spotted this but the person who created the diablo tactic set every setting on every player to maximise the chance of taking advantage of that exploit - I was impressed by its purity :)

I've not heard of a diablo tactic for FM14, what's this?

after a bright start, i am now really struggling. The defence is terrible, with gaping holes and losing possession in the middle of the park constantly. Going forward its still good. But giving away goals makes it an untenable tactic.

Agreed... a good tactic but not quite as good as Mr Rosler's which lasted a bit longer before losing effectiveness.

Lost count of the number of times that midfielders simply pass the ball to the opposition when not under much pressure... and this is top notch players like Wilshere, Ozil, Reus and Cazorla. Massive holes in midfield and opposition hardly ever closed down.

Currently 12 points behind Chelsea (I'm 4th in the league), played 31, won 20, drawn 4, lost 5. Dumped out of the CL 3-1 aggregate by Dortmund. Won the Carling cup and still in the FA so domestic double still on I suppose.

Not much else to play for so I'm now going to have a go at making my own based on some bits of this one and some of Rosler's and play out the last 7 league games bedding it in.

This is actually very similar to a tactic I already use myself, only major differences being the roles of the front 4 (which aren't too dissimilar) and I also use minimal individual instructions - which may well account for my difficulty in breaking down teams who park the bus.

Rather than downloading this directly, I think I'll nab a few of your ideas and incorporate them into my current tactics and see how that goes.

I generally switch between 3 different tactics anyway, rather than sticking with the one - so this might be a handy option when I come up against the Stokes of the world.

I've been trying all kinds of variations as discussed and am finding even minor changes have a big impact on the scoreline but little impact on the way it looks on the pitch or the stats - there is something subtle at work here (anyhow always keep trying to improve - but please when you first try it don't make any changes regardless of your players attributes - that will give you an accurate baseline).

Will go into more details when I have time.

Just wanted to say thanks for this great (for me the best of all I've tried) tactic and leave some prove:

GirondinsdeBordeaux_FixturesSchedule_zpsfb4800ba.png

Don't think I would have a superious squad of regens because of the date, I took them over last season securing them from relegation (they were lying 18th) and this season we are predicted to finish about 8th so I'm very happy with that.

Keep it up,

Cheers

Cazorla at IF in the left it's amazing. First time he plays good for me since he came to Arsenal. Also I hate Vermaelen. Literrally lost a match cause of him. 4.4 match rating. It's going to Napoli now.

Just wanted to say thanks for this great (for me the best of all I've tried) tactic and leave some prove:

GirondinsdeBordeaux_FixturesSchedule_zpsfb4800ba.png

Don't think I would have a superious squad of regens because of the date, I took them over last season securing them from relegation (they were lying 18th) and this season we are predicted to finish about 8th so I'm very happy with that.

Keep it up,

Cheers

Looks very impressive.

first thing - Steaton, thanks for ur tactic, in my opinion it's the best 14.3 tactic i've tried so have far and trust me - i tried a lot ;).

second thing is my results with this, very very satisfying results.

am playing WUHAN, it's a team from Second China League.

media prediction - 6th

JQRT3Jm.png

now results:

7Xw3BrE.png

i lost just 3 games and only one of them was tough, this 0-3, but with similar stats anyway.

game with A'erbin was for me like some team from Serie B playing with some top team from Serie A, and we played in 10 after sent off in 45 minute, so generally 3-6 is not so bad result i think ;).

now table, look on goals for:

zW7S6Bg.png

now stats:

rzAPudR.png

1st in scorers.

1st and 2nd in assists.

1st in MOTM.

1st, 2nd and 3rd in average ratings.

and now look on stats of my MVP - AMC:

YUVyxoI.png

20apperances/15goals/16assists - flawless!

and stats of top scorer:

axmEUow.png

as u can see, attributes of my players are.. well.. not so good, but they playing like global top players :).

AMAZING tactic. GREAT job Steaton!

by the way am trying to make some edit to this tactic, just to hold a good result to the end of the game. if i'll find smth i'll let u know.

and sorry for my english, it's not perfect, am from Poland, but i hope u can understand everything :).

so tried this with Wigan as really really struggling tactic wise teams far to inconsistent so gave this a shot as similar to how I set up the team now being using this for 6 games and really not seeing any change in my side record is P6 W1 D2 L3 including getting beat 5-2 from Blackburn worst result of the season. help needed here.

To add tried this with my long term Aberdeen save already had a successful 4-2-3-1 which won me the treble 1st season so thought try this 2nd season and it more effective than the previous tactic not as strong defensively as others have said before but im defiantly scoring far more.

so tried this with Wigan as really really struggling tactic wise teams far to inconsistent so gave this a shot as similar to how I set up the team now being using this for 6 games and really not seeing any change in my side record is P6 W1 D2 L3 including getting beat 5-2 from Blackburn worst result of the season. help needed here.

To add tried this with my long term Aberdeen save already had a successful 4-2-3-1 which won me the treble 1st season so thought try this 2nd season and it more effective than the previous tactic not as strong defensively as others have said before but im defiantly scoring far more.

Can I just make sure you haven't made any modification to the tactic before using even the smallest minor change?

after a bright start, i am now really struggling. The defence is terrible, with gaping holes and losing possession in the middle of the park constantly. Going forward its still good. But giving away goals makes it an untenable tactic.

Again same response I suspect you made a minor change which seemed ok at the time but has disrupted the goal scoring. Can you try vanilla without any modification?

I've got a similar formation to this, do you have your IF's cut inside or prefer them to cross? So for example, would you have left footers on the right, and right footers on the left, so they can cut inside onto their preferred foot?

Observation:

Most goals are scored from the marked area this is the danger zone.

Capture_058_zps76b98107.jpg

So I think I've tightened up the defense with minimal impact going forward.

Capture_059_zpscc21ec4f.jpg

Capture_060_zpscdedd168.jpg

You will see I trying offside trap too which seems to be working. There are fewer shots in danger zones but most importantly the pass to the defender on the outside of the DC seems to have stopped being a problem but more testing needed.

On another note I've tested so many variations of changing things to create more of the same kind of opportunities we are seeing with regards chip crosses all unsuccessful at creating more of this typr of goal but some changes seemed to create a different kind of goal - anyway as yet unsuccessful.

I think I have a new version that is even better and solid as can be in defense, and that not because there are no shots but because the shots are ineffective and because I have eliminated waste elsewhere I've managed to improve the attacking opportunities without effecting other parts of the tactic. The working out of the changes for the tactic has taken a lot of much time - now the litmus test - how does my new version perform versus version 1.

Results to follow just going to go play it.

I had to do a lot of tests on versus but the conclusion is that the modifications to my tactic did not win against the original vanilla tactic. A somewhat false test as its one tactic directly head to head against another but still vanilla beats my modified version. (note there were quite a lot of changes in my modified version)

I wont post new version for now - until further testing conducted.

Here are the very promising results my modified version was getting in my portmouth game starting with league table:

Capture_062_zpscdab5657.jpg

Recent results with modified tactic:

Capture_061_zps3c002090.jpg

My team:

Capture_065_zps19bc9394.jpg

My highest values player (12m I dont think so):

Capture_066_zps197da144.jpg

My best player by a mile is:

Capture_067_zps9744e642.jpg

So promotion 3 years in a row, now 2nd in premiership and won league and FA cups. I think this modified version still worth investigating cause I liked it a lot in my single player.

Oh thought it might be worth mentioning that in my modified tactic I found that tight marking should be be removed from limited DCs as all goals seemed to result from incorrect closing down (or marking - not quite sure what made them move out of position) or from set pieces (indirect - so trianing defensive set pieces likely wont work) - and you can use Closing Down never on the SCs in opposion instructions in order to maximise the benefit (this wasnt done in versus testing)

I've got a similar formation to this, do you have your IF's cut inside or prefer them to cross? So for example, would you have left footers on the right, and right footers on the left, so they can cut inside onto their preferred foot?

Any answer on this ^^

Any answer on this ^^
Here is a screen shot of how the tactic scores, if you make a modification and this stops happening then that's the problem.

Capture_052_zps48a90bb4.jpg

An another which is a cross followed by a short flick on header and then the goal:

Capture_053_zps0caa220c.jpg

Capture_054_zps541bfc1d.jpg

Having a look here it would appear crossing is more important but I too would like confirmation.

I have been winning with cutting in so maybe either footers? :brock:

Archived