Steaton's 'Invincible' 4-2-3-1 - Consistency - Balanced - 14.3.0 - Plug and Play

It is all clear then. And I for one believe we should end the debate there.

Thanks RTHerringbone and HUNT3R for your feedback on the subject.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to work now so i cant test it myself (i did for 2 games) but it seems that if you switch to CONTROL from ATTACK that your team has a better flow and opposition has very few shots on goal. Not sure if anybody wants to try it...o

Here are the end of season results:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The 4 games against Barcelona:

image.jpg

I'm now happy with the set pieces, as we scored 19 from corners and conceded only 3; and 9 from IFKs while conceding 0.

Here is the tactic with the tweaked instructions and set pieces: https://www.mediafire.com/?7h1v5crj36id5bs

All credit to Steaton for a great tactic.

this is working very well so far, but have you any suggestions to sure up the defense?

Hi Guys,

Made some tweaks to Marcelo tactic.

CM(s): remove get further forward

CM(a): change to AP(a)

CWB(a): change to WB (a)

Attack not compromise and defense much more solid.

Result: Goals flowing and clean sheets coming

I'm using this with my Southampton side. Was brilliant first season I finished 5th, just missing out on 4th place. I'm really struggling in the second season tough. I'm struggling to get into the top half of the table and the pressure is mounting on me, morale is dropping with every dropped point also. I'm conceding a lot of goals despite having a good keeper and defence. I've noticed the majority of the goals I am conceding is coming from through balls in behind my full backs.

Anybody got any tips how to stop this?

Are you using Steaton's original or Marcelo's tweaks? Have you made any changes with the tactic within the second season? The match engine catches up on you after one season i've found and you have to make tweaks. For the original tactic i kept to Steaton's original instruction and then in the second season i added the instruction of "play narrower" and with my IF i added "cross more" for the play instructions. Proved fantastic - 25 unbeaten run which only came to an end losing 1-0 in extra time to Real Madrid in Champs League final with me managing Newcastle.

I'm using the original tactic without any tweaks. I made that post before giving the full thread a read so I am now aware of Marcelo's tweaks. I'm going to implement them next time I'm on and see how that changes things.

quite a good tactic but 1 question about your tactic: out of the instructions for the player at deep lying playmaker, a few of them are grayed out and unavailable for the role and duty selected. is there an error in the instructions?

Hi Guys,

Made some tweaks to Marcelo tactic.

CM(s): remove get further forward

CM(a): change to AP(a)

CWB(a): change to WB (a)

Attack not compromise and defense much more solid.

Result: Goals flowing and clean sheets coming

good tweaks i used them and conceded less and scoring at least 3 goals per match and i use def positions as match training

Anyone got a link to Marcelo tweak?

post #328 mate

I will add some of my input .. Started with my own tactic as AFC Telford United and that wasn't going well for me : I was around 10 place at half of the season. Then i switched to Steaton tactic and won a season by 1 point. Media prediction was 6th place so it was not so shocking result tho. This season I left Telford cause FC United was promoted to Skrill North - so far so good. Media Prediction was around 18th and I'm 3rd place with half of season passed. I was force to replace like 90% of my squad at the start of the season so that is not so bad IMO. I don't know why but Marcello tweak was really bad for me it I tried It recently and went 4 games without winning and lost 12 goals in 3 matches (2 of those was at home). Probably my CD's are too slow to do offside trap - most of those goals was just fast strikers running through my defence.

I will provide more info and SS at end of the season (probably today)

Sorry for my English guys :)

I'm not a great tactician so needed help and found this beauty.

Recommend this for anyone who is struggling with the game. I'm managing a poor team and still picking up some surprising wins. Thanks Steaton!

First time playing the game in years and thought I'd download a tactic just to make life quicker (bought a friends Steam account - gave up on the game personally after recording 32 losses in a row a few games ago :( ). Anyway.... this game seems no better, with this tactic I just lost my first games 1-5 and 2-5. Am I doing something wrong or should I just accept this game is not meant for me.

First time playing the game in years and thought I'd download a tactic just to make life quicker (bought a friends Steam account - gave up on the game personally after recording 32 losses in a row a few games ago :( ). Anyway.... this game seems no better, with this tactic I just lost my first games 1-5 and 2-5. Am I doing something wrong or should I just accept this game is not meant for me.

Depends on;

A) What team you are

B) Which teams you played your first two games against

This is not a diablo. You cant just plug and play and win every game. Your team needs to get used to the tactic for a start. Which could take a full pre-season and then half a season to be fluid.

Lets say you took over Cardiff and your first 2 games was Man Utd and Man City. I wouldnt be surprised if you lost 1-5 and 2-5 with ANY tactic out there.

I'm using this with my Southampton side. Was brilliant first season I finished 5th, just missing out on 4th place. I'm really struggling in the second season tough. I'm struggling to get into the top half of the table and the pressure is mounting on me, morale is dropping with every dropped point also. I'm conceding a lot of goals despite having a good keeper and defence. I've noticed the majority of the goals I am conceding is coming from through balls in behind my full backs.

Anybody got any tips how to stop this?

Ended up getting sacked 2 or 3 games later, went 10 or 11 without a win.

So I have now started a new game with Everton. Not made any signings. Made a couple of changes to the full backs instructions and this is my first 7 results...

wr02f4.png

Still very early days of course but looks very encouraging. 6 clean sheets out of 7 games. The first goal against West Brom came from a corner and the second came when we were attacking, the central midfielder lost the ball whilst my left back was high up the field and they countered. The only changes I've made to the tactic is changed the full backs to Sit Narrower and removed the Mark Tightly instruction from them.

Trying Marcelo tweaked tactic with yang1984's input added.

This makes two AP(A)s in the team, one in the center of the park and one in AMC position, is that how it is supposed to be?

Yes, that what I did.

It results in better balance between attack and defence

Gonna try this tactic. Do you all recommend the Marcelo tweak #328 and then the Yang1984 #458 tweaks on top of that?

What is the possession like with the good clubs once the team are familiar? I hope I don't encounter the defensive issue as some have been on the wrong end of above.

Found it difficult to find a solid possession based tactic with a strong attack and a reasonable defence in a formation like this. The Kevin Keegan style results with 5-3, 4-2, 3-2 kinda deterred me from the thread when I last checked :(.

Are the Inside Forwards Left Footer AMR, Right Footer AML or does it not matter?

CM(s): remove get further forward : can anybody explain this tweak ? I dont get it .

Click Player Instructions in Tactics screen which will get you to a one-by-one position-based tweaking screen.

Just click the CM's on the pitch and remove "get further forward" instruction by clicking the minus next to them.

Click Player Instructions in Tactics screen which will get you to a one-by-one position-based tweaking screen.

Just click the CM's on the pitch and remove "get further forward" instruction by clicking the minus next to them.

Ah okay .Now i understand . Thank you very much !

Tried this Marcelo-tweaked yang1984-modified with sugar-daddy Monaco and got a goals for/against statistic of 20/14 in 10 matches.

I hate conceding goals and provided that Ligue 1 is not really a competitive one, the struggle put me off.

So I switched to Ultimate Physical Tactic. 1-0 against Lyon in first match, let's see how this one goes.

I think this tactic needs an update or it just didn't get along with Monaco, I don't know.

If you can manage your player's fitness and morale this is a top tactic!

I've attached my results, I'm playing as Arsenal in the first season.

The only 'negative' so far have been the away matches against top teams, I'm not quite sure how to approach them tactically.

Any advice? Otherwise my team is playing very beautiful football.

PS: It won't let me attach the image, so here is a link http://gyazo.com/80318b1d86e15adc8480b62bc74379f5

I think this tactic was weakened by the 14.3.1 patch. However see new thread on the 'Goal Machine' tactic - I have finally nailed 14.3.1!

IMO I would not use Invincibles again, in fact I haven't used it for quite a long time - though I haven't tried Marcelo tweaks - the whole basis for the tactic was the scoring zones and this is no longer true in 14.3.1 - that's not to say it was completely rubbish but wasn't good enough.

If you are really bothered by it, then please report it.

The fact remains that the statement "new patch 14.3.1 did make a change to the match engine. Anyone who claims otherwise is talking out their arse, yes SI did not tell you they changed it" is utterly false, and implies that SI have attempted to mislead its customers.

Anyway, reverting back to the purpose of the thread, I'm sure Steaton would prefer to have more feedback about his tactics.

JUST to clarify that tone was unintentional so apologies for that, also I did not at any time think that SI would mislead its cutomers, I was convinced I had observed a change, but in light of this information I admit I could be wrong.

On the other hand its not like FM has never had any bugs in it and I see no reason to pretend that this is not possible (since it is a fact that all software this complex contains bugs - you can't be 100% sure - you can be confident but not certain - the methods/maths to be certain does not yet exists in any practical form), that being said I think the quiality of FM is very high and the level of ongoing support is excellent - almost always all the defects that effect gameplay in a way that bothers me are solved, what more can you hope for, it's appreciated.

Hi Steaton + Marcelo..

Thank you so much for this great tactic.. :applause:

Finally i can find the most suitable tactic for Valencia in fm 14.3..

Winning the la liga and copa in the first season...wow...

Laliga --> Winning the title on 37 match..more than 100 goals..Crushing Madrid 6-0 at home and 1-0 away..

Copa --> smash Barca in Final copa 2-0..

Keep this great works..

Cheers mate..

Jamz

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I want to apologise if I am reviving this post, in case it was already dead.

Secondly, I want to say a big THANK YOU to Steaton + Marcelo, because this tactic made me Champion in the MLS with a considerably big difference with the runner-up. I am now currently using this tactic in the Argentinian third-tier with a mid table team, and again, I won the league with an incredible 20-matches winning streak and got the promotion and championship even 5 matches before the league was finished, besides reaching to the semi-final of the National Cup (beating Top League teams too!).

Now, promoted to the second-tier in Argentina, with a mid/low table team, I am having a little bit of troubles, struggling every match because although I score like 3 or 4 goals every match, I conceed the same amount. It is getting very common for me to see all my matches ending 3-3, 4-4, winning 6-3 or losing 4-5. I erased the "Play offside trap" part to see if it got any better, as the defence was having BIG problems, but although it seemed to work at first, the result was later the same.

This tactic is great and gave me loads of joy and trophies, that's why I don't want to change it. But does anyone know a way to strengthen the defence? Because the attack, I don't want to touch it, I am scoring a lot, but I just want to be more safe when the rival team plays on my field and don't have that fear of conceeding goals.

Once again, thank you!!! and looking forward to an answer.

First of all I want to apologise if I am reviving this post, in case it was already dead.

Secondly, I want to say a big THANK YOU to Steaton + Marcelo, because this tactic made me Champion in the MLS with a considerably big difference with the runner-up. I am now currently using this tactic in the Argentinian third-tier with a mid table team, and again, I won the league with an incredible 20-matches winning streak and got the promotion and championship even 5 matches before the league was finished, besides reaching to the semi-final of the National Cup (beating Top League teams too!).

Now, promoted to the second-tier in Argentina, with a mid/low table team, I am having a little bit of troubles, struggling every match because although I score like 3 or 4 goals every match, I conceed the same amount. It is getting very common for me to see all my matches ending 3-3, 4-4, winning 6-3 or losing 4-5. I erased the "Play offside trap" part to see if it got any better, as the defence was having BIG problems, but although it seemed to work at first, the result was later the same.

This tactic is great and gave me loads of joy and trophies, that's why I don't want to change it. But does anyone know a way to strengthen the defence? Because the attack, I don't want to touch it, I am scoring a lot, but I just want to be more safe when the rival team plays on my field and don't have that fear of conceeding goals.

Once again, thank you!!! and looking forward to an answer.

It might be just the case that your players are not qualified for the higher level you are now playing in. Don't you have the option to buy or loan some better defenders?

Archived