Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

friend

From the time when the start of the second game players who play the ball, collide against one another ...

From the moment a central delays the ball head from the midfield and GR can not catch the ball with their hands ...

From the moment there are 30 balls per game to the posts ...

From the moment in which every 2 games, there is one goal of a wrong delay protection ...

Etc, Etc, Etc

Have patience, but it is the fault of the SI.

I do not understand football more or less than you. Realize is FM. And I follow the game from the "Championship Manager" and, for me and for many people, this version is the worst ever.

PS: Excuse my English.

I never pretend to be an expert but I can build realistic tactics which:

Gives realistic results, realistic play, realistic injuries, realistic shots/corners/freekicks and conversion levels.

If I can do so can everyone else with a bit of effort rather than throwing their toys out of the pram when things don't go their way.

The current issues we have with the ME are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things and will be improved through SI tweaking/balancing the ME a bit more just like they've done with every previous version.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Hold your horses though, I've just loaded up my journeyman 'template' where I saved the game immediately after loading all the leagues I want. Just applied for 36 jobs (ranging from big clubs to small amateur European sides), and was unsuccessful in all of them. Unless it's not as 'save game compatible' as they thought.

Have you tried going on holiday and selecting to apply for all available jobs?

Or have you manually applied?

I never pretend to be an expert but I can build realistic tactics which:

Gives realistic results, realistic play, realistic injuries, realistic shots/corners/freekicks and conversion levels.

If I can do so can everyone else with a bit of effort rather than throwing their toys out of the pram when things don't go their way.

The current issues we have with the ME are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things and will be improved through SI tweaking/balancing the ME a bit more just like they've done with every previous version.

Give him a break he's a Benfica's Fan :D

Have you tried going on holiday and selecting to apply for all available jobs?

Or have you manually applied?

Clicked on 'apply all' and pressed continue. Another 10 been applied for, and all unsuccessful there too. I should point out this is on FMC, but I wouldn't expect this to have made much difference.

may i ask what bug is this?!

If you started a save in a league with a start date in early 2014, the simulated results in leagues which started in the summer of 2013 would be a bit odd.

AI teams weren't selecting first team players, and instead were using youth team players. It created some strange looking league tables.

• SI Staff
Clicked on 'apply all' and pressed continue. Another 10 been applied for, and all unsuccessful there too. I should point out this is on FMC, but I wouldn't expect this to have made much difference.

If you re-load your game. Go on holiday and apply for all jobs do you get job offers?

If you re-load your game. Go on holiday and apply for all jobs do you get job offers?
I'll give that a go...

Now that's interesting. When going on holiday this time round, been offered one of the jobs I was unsuccessful for whilst just hitting continue last time. Why should that make any difference? Weird.

Quite honestly IMO.

SI set out to make as realistic simulation of football as they can, this means no rubber banding, no difficulty levels and no difference to the ME whether the inputs/instructions come from an AI or human manager.

The people that are unhappy for the most part fall into certain categories:

A) Those are that used to winning in previous versions by exploiting the game and are unhappy SI have closed a lot of loopholes putting the human manager on a more even playing field with the AI managers.

B) Those with unrealistic expectations, basically they think they know more about football than they do. They are now finding FM much more difficult and are complaining that the ME etc is at fault rather than their own knowledge.

C) Those that struggle to convert their ideas into "FM Speak", they think they've inputted them correctly but for various reasons how FM views their inputs is different from the user's ideas. FM is partly at fault here for not being clear enough with what does what.

D) Those that simply aren't happy unless they are winning.

What you said is pretty reductive and generic, summing up what you think about people unhappy with the game.

Actually a lot of users are able to win and play a decent football but still disappointed on many aspects of the game.

In example, I think it's ashaming we're on january and set pieces intructions are not working yet.

• SI Staff
Now that's interesting. When going on holiday this time round, been offered one of the jobs I was unsuccessful for whilst just hitting continue last time. Why should that make any difference? Weird.

It's an odd issue we are aware of this and are working on it for future updates.

Cheers,

Ben

Please elaborate - what is the problem with the Italian league?

You are kidding right ?. Ok be easier to read this thread, and I've logged it the Italian League thread thingy.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370437-I-will-buy-a-Ferrari-to-anyone-who-solves-this-problem

What would be easiest, start a new game and add Serie D (leave it inactive), the league will run properly. Now make Serie D active and the league will muck up for 2014/15 because of the real life reconstruction of Lega Pro Div 1/Div2 (C1/C2) becoming one league.

I'm very adept with the advanced editor but still not figured out how to get it run properly. Sorry to sound fed up but I am, I've mentioned to several of you and still it's not been solved. Just sat here still not being able to play the game I want to play.

You are kidding right ?. Ok be easier to read this thread, and I've logged it the Italian League thread thingy.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/370437-I-will-buy-a-Ferrari-to-anyone-who-solves-this-problem

What would be easiest, start a new game and add Serie D (leave it inactive), the league will run properly. Now make Serie D active and the league will muck up for 2014/15 because of the real life reconstruction of Lega Pro Div 1/Div2 (C1/C2) becoming one league.

I'm very adept with the advanced editor but still not figured out how to get it run properly. Sorry to sound fed up but I am, I've mentioned to several of you and still it's not been solved. Just sat here still not being able to play the game I want to play.

Was it reported as a bug?

So to be clear, the recommended action is to go on holiday setting the apply to jobs through the pop-up menu instead of manually applying for jobs? This true for both starting a new game or continuing an old one?

What was your pre-match talk? That's where you set you expectations for the match.

I don't remember, it likely would have been something like "we can win this" in a calm tone. But if that's causing my players to still have a sharp morale drop seven days later, then to me that goes slightly beyond obvious poor man-management.

It doesn't matter because we won the next game any way and morale went back up again, but I do think the game can be quite cryptic when it comes to maintaining morale and often it can be a trial and error process rather than a logical one. Maybe that's just a wonderful representation of real life personalities but it seems weird when it goes through your whole team, which it often tends to do.

That's correct, fix will work on save games but you will have to use the holiday options rather than applying manually.

Thank you, Alex. I was able to get interviews by doing it manually in my existing save, but they were way below the level I expected. I'll try the holiday option now.

Yeah you really need to raise this on the bugs forum for us to definitely be aware of it.

What like in the Italian League specific which I did (I think it's league specific and not a bug), and put it in the editors hideaway, and pre game - in game editor bugs forum. And mentioned it the previous one of these patch discussions, and in the general discussions thread I think.

Not sure I missed one, and I'm not the only one to mention it from what I've seen. Sorry if you weren't replying to me ;)

That's correct, fix will work on save games but you will have to use the holiday options rather than applying manually.

So if you're starting a new game after the hotfix, continuing will be just effective as holidaying or will holidaying still be more effective?

I don't remember, it likely would have been something like "we can win this" in a calm tone. But if that's causing my players to still have a sharp morale drop seven days later, then to me that goes slightly beyond obvious poor man-management.

It doesn't matter because we won the next game any way and morale went back up again, but I do think the game can be quite cryptic when it comes to maintaining morale and often it can be a trial and error process rather than a logical one. Maybe that's just a wonderful representation of real life personalities but it seems weird when it goes through your whole team, which it often tends to do.

I fear we're going off-topic by having this discussion :)

Would you call a drop from (I'm guessing) superb to okay "sharp" considering you said "we can win this", but you didn't? You did lose, so there will be a drop. What would have been acceptable? "Good"?

What do the others on here think?

So if you're starting a new game after the hotfix, continuing will be just effective as holidaying or will holidaying still be more effective?

Post 2156. Look a little further up. This was already asked and answered.

So to be clear, the recommended action is to go on holiday setting the apply to jobs through the pop-up menu instead of manually applying for jobs? This true for both starting a new game or continuing an old one?

Guys from SI please!

There was a nice thing in FM! 3 tactical slots! You can change between tactics by one click!

After 14.2.0 it become useless!

Now when you changing between tactics some individual player instruction migrate to another tactic.

This bug isn’t hard to reproduce:

1) Create tactic 1, add individual instructions to all players, save tactic.

2) Create tactic 2, add individual instructions to all players, save tactic.

3) Put tactic 1 to slot 1, Put tactic 2 to slot 2.

4) Change between tactic and you see that some individual instruction from tactic 1 migrate to tactic 2 and vice versa

In example, I think it's ashaming we're on january and set pieces intructions are not working yet.

What doesn't work about set piece instructions???

I have individual setting for all my players and they all follow them.

EDIT

Thats not saying there isn't a problem with set pieces, far too many corners drift out of play and I expect it will be tweaked but thats not the instructions.

Quite honestly IMO.

SI set out to make as realistic simulation of football as they can, this means no rubber banding, no difficulty levels and no difference to the ME whether the inputs/instructions come from an AI or human manager.

The people that are unhappy for the most part fall into certain categories:

A) Those are that used to winning in previous versions by exploiting the game and are unhappy SI have closed a lot of loopholes putting the human manager on a more even playing field with the AI managers.

B) Those with unrealistic expectations, basically they think they know more about football than they do. They are now finding FM much more difficult and are complaining that the ME etc is at fault rather than their own knowledge.

C) Those that struggle to convert their ideas into "FM Speak", they think they've inputted them correctly but for various reasons how FM views their inputs is different from the user's ideas. FM is partly at fault here for not being clear enough with what does what.

D) Those that simply aren't happy unless they are winning.

"Quite honestly IMO" there should be a point "E"

E) Those that just are not finding the game fun anymore although their own expectations & preconceptions have not changed at all - and that is the fault of the game. Do you really, really think we spend £30-£45 on the game just to whinge about it - we could have done that without buying the game. This King Canute attitude of some FM14 (& 13) supporters will not save the brand, a quality release that works as it should by Xmas just might (maybe FM15?, well I wont be buying it). Meanwhile every record breaking total sales figure is just more and more people having their last chance, or maybe even first chance of playing the game which seems likely to be a very unrewarding experience.

I fear we're going off-topic by having this discussion :)

Would you call a drop from (I'm guessing) superb to okay "sharp" considering you said "we can win this", but you didn't? You did lose, so there will be a drop. What would have been acceptable? "Good"?

What do the others on here think?

I actually expect the sharpest morale drop after a long unbeaten streak, because the team becomes accustomed to not losing so it may come as a shock to the system. However I'd also expect this to wear off during the week, as they realise "hey, we went to a title contender and outplayed them, and we're still in the playoff spots". But it often goes down and stays down - it sometimes doesn't seem dynamic enough.

Hence I don't always feel it's as simple as being poor at man-management, as you indicated to the previous poster. Often it is granted, but it can also be quite confusing.

I actually expect the sharpest morale drop after a long unbeaten streak, because the team becomes accustomed to not losing so it may come as a shock to the system. However I'd also expect this to wear off during the week, as they realise "hey, we went to a title contender and outplayed them, and we're still in the playoff spots". But it often goes down and stays down - it sometimes doesn't seem dynamic enough.

Hence I don't always feel it's as simple as being poor at man-management, as you indicated to the previous poster. Often it is granted, but it can also be quite confusing.

I see what you're saying. I suppose FM isn't that advanced yet. I'll bet your morale was lower before your final talk of "you were unlucky" so that must have raised spirits a little. You have the option of a private chat with each player and then there's always the pre-match talk!

"Quite honestly IMO" there should be a point "E"

E) Those that just are not finding the game fun anymore although their own expectations & preconceptions have not changed at all - and that is the fault of the game. Do you really, really think we spend £30-£45 on the game just to whinge about it - we could have done that without buying the game. This King Canute attitude of some FM14 (& 13) supporters will not save the brand, a quality release that works as it should by Xmas just might (maybe FM15?, well I wont be buying it). Meanwhile every record breaking total sales figure is just more and more people having their last chance, or maybe even first chance of playing the game which seems likely to be a very unrewarding experience.

Yes thinking about it there is a point "E" which you touch upon.

Those that think that FM is the game they want to play but it doesn't match their expectations for a variety of reasons. Its too in depth for the type of game they want to play, its too slow in terms of gameplay, takes too much of what freetime they have, it takes more effort than they want to put in during their freetime.

As we get older our priorities in life change and we tend to get less freetime to spend gaming/reading/watching TV etc. We've all picked up a book/game/film/TV show that we think we would enjoy only to find we don't. FM isn't for everyone and not everyone who wants to manage a football club enjoys FM. FM isn't going to mould to what you want so as an individual you need to decide if its the game you want to play.

Archived